Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
31 Jan 2015 11:10AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said...
some roughies at palmy on the flying fish. board works well. I can take pretty late drops on it

Same as a general rule but this morning the bottom was dropping out - most boards were failing ! If you got lucky and got into them just a touch sooner you were away and safely inside

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
31 Jan 2015 11:01AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said...
laceys lane said...
some roughies at palmy on the flying fish. board works well. I can take pretty late drops on it

Same as a general rule but this morning the bottom was dropping out - most boards were failing ! If you got lucky and got into them just a touch sooner you were away and safely inside

First wake up wave 2 ft but got worked over

SP
10979 posts
31 Jan 2015 9:03AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said...
laceys lane said...

Sounds like you needed a 6'10

I looked early here. Was large...

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
31 Jan 2015 11:04AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

laceys lane said...

That sound just like me trying to surf my sweet potato in step bottomless waves last night, when i actually got into the wave it was so much fun

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
31 Jan 2015 1:54PM
Thumbs Up

weird morning. Started off bumpy when I thought it would be clean...did not take long for it to get glassy though Some really fun waves to be had. Some nice sets would come through with a good wall...then if you could get through the dead section the real fun started on the reforms... great morning with a happy crew out

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
31 Jan 2015 4:03PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..
weird morning. Started off bumpy when I thought it would be clean...did not take long for it to get glassy though Some really fun waves to be had. Some nice sets would come through with a good wall...then if you could get through the dead section the real fun started on the reforms... great morning with a happy crew out

I looked at the cams chrispy but decided to stay local.

same deal early. I waited a bit for the inside to come good.

funny thing is a lot of other guys had the same idea.

wasn't good or as clean as up your way but that's the thing about my local. it surf able in most winds and conditions

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
31 Jan 2015 2:38PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

chrispy said..

wasn't good or as clean as up your way but that's the thing about my local. it surf able in most winds and conditions

I hear ya. the cams at mine looked ****ed. they are always much better in real life. was hoping it was going to be a repeat of last weekend...sadly I was wrong. was just sent a text that I should have headed further south than macs usual haunt. nice banks glassy and some nice size..

speaking of mac...is he still at the coffee club...or on a epic adventure that no one was invited to

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
31 Jan 2015 4:56PM
Thumbs Up

loving the MR 6 ft flying fish. seems to be able to do it all.

intend on ordering a 7 ft flying fish for bigger alley when the puffer5 is sold

paddle power

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
31 Jan 2015 6:00PM
Thumbs Up

My next local will need a more pulled in tail for general days

MickPC
8266 posts
31 Jan 2015 3:04PM
Thumbs Up

There was a nice wave coming through today, but super inconsistent with some weekend frothers. Felt like I had my share already this week. I watched & chatted to a mate about Sri Lanka for over an hour. Then was about to leave & another mate turned up & we talked about the Hawaiian islands for another 40 mins. He even had pics on his ipad which was really cool. Looks like I'm going to have to pop over to Kuai island, looks epic fun...ended up having a swim with the missus after in beautiful conditions, another day in paradise

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
31 Jan 2015 5:34PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said...
laceys lane said..

chrispy said..

I hear ya. the cams at mine looked ****ed. they are always much better in real life. was hoping it was going to be a repeat of last weekend...sadly I was wrong. was just sent a text that I should have headed further south than macs usual haunt. nice banks glassy and some nice size..

speaking of mac...is he still at the coffee club...or on a epic adventure that no one was invited to

I've got this feeling he might be away to watch some game-maybe

Cobra
9106 posts
1 Feb 2015 3:01PM
Thumbs Up

had a great day today got up about 5.30 took the scooter for a spin and noticed the swell has decided to show.mates have all gone barra fishing so i
grabbed the wife and slater and went for a drive up the beach.
4.2m tides today so i had to wait till 9 before entering the car on the beach.
lots of cars up the beach,not unusual being a sunday,but plenty of peaks with 3 or 4 surfers.
clean shoulder hi waves with bigger waves on the sets ,the bloody banks started moving around on the dropping tide that made it difficult to be in position.
got some nice waves, but the great thing, i was sharing a bank with three blokes, who i noticed weren't the greatest surfers
but to their credit didn't drop in or get in the way,,, great vibe.

took off on MY wave of the day when down the line one of the blokes thought about it, but didn't… when i paddled back out ,i said thanks mate, i bet you were tempted.

he said i was thinking you won't make it..but then thought plenty of waves hey...

i think its funny when I'm catching waves "don't mater how big" when the biggest set rolls in i always start hooting..to funny

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
1 Feb 2015 5:09PM
Thumbs Up

cobra, you tell those banks to stop moving around or else

Cobra
9106 posts
1 Feb 2015 3:15PM
Thumbs Up

i meant waves on banks, piss off LL I DONT KNOW WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT,,DISREGARD MY LAST POST

Cobra
9106 posts
1 Feb 2015 3:18PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

To funny Lacey..im thinking WTF is lacey talking about,, farking banks moving around.
then read my post

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
1 Feb 2015 6:51PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said...
laceys lane said..

To funny Lacey..im thinking WTF is lacey talking about,, farking banks moving around.
then read my post

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
1 Feb 2015 6:06PM
Thumbs Up

I surfed with no dignity. Checked four places. Finished up on a one foot glorified close out beachie. Yuck.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
1 Feb 2015 9:26PM
Thumbs Up

I did not bother either but there were a few good ones sneaking in every now and again. I never take a board down to Sydney as I hate the idea of the crowds but this morning would have been fun at Bondi of all places with just a few out. It was good fun watching from my mates balcony as several pretenders got spanked trying to paddle out though. Great hang over entertainment

MickPC
8266 posts
3 Feb 2015 2:18PM
Thumbs Up

^ Epic spot for a beer

thePup
13831 posts
3 Feb 2015 2:39PM
Thumbs Up

Geez Ted can you send even half that shizz a quarter over here

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
3 Feb 2015 4:42PM
Thumbs Up

Epic surf on our points today its ON

asea
QLD, 5511 posts
3 Feb 2015 5:42PM
Thumbs Up

Brother surfed Alley 4ft and a sweep to go with it only 5 out at the point when he was there

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
3 Feb 2015 6:56PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..
^ Epic spot for a beer

Yes its a mighty spot. I really enjoy the morning exercise traffic as well. Probably not too early for a beer - as its always 10am somewhere Pup - you would love that spot I can assure you.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
3 Feb 2015 6:14PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

is bumpy and all over with a huge crowd. I was told I missed nothing special what I saw on the news was crap as well

I am looking for options for the morning

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
3 Feb 2015 8:36PM
Thumbs Up

on the lower tide alley was just about sideways.

as usual coolie looked the goods and looked really crowded again.

alley looked a lot better on the higher tide.

and that's where my proposed 7 ft flying fish comes in.

but I've gotten to the stage where I despair when we get a swell because of the lack of options.

give me two to three foot any day and waves everywhere and anywhere

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
3 Feb 2015 8:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

Macaha said..

is bumpy and all over with a huge crowd. I was told I missed nothing special what I saw on the news was crap as well

You've got to be kidding or your source was not looking in the right direction,I looked at the cams early afternoon and greenmount was all time.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
3 Feb 2015 8:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

chrispy said..

Macaha said..

You've got to be kidding or your source was not looking in the right direction,I looked at the cams early afternoon and greenmount was all time.

afternoon did look really good

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
3 Feb 2015 6:53PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

Macaha said..

chrispy said..

Macaha said..

afternoon did look really good

I looked at 6pm and it was small and clean with 200000000000 people out. yeh that's all time. I think I would have preferred the bigger and bumpier scenario
I guess our its on and all time differ dramatically

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
3 Feb 2015 8:54PM
Thumbs Up

Oh you should be a test pilot for our mate Roy

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
3 Feb 2015 6:56PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..