Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
MickPC
8266 posts
12 Nov 2015 6:52PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..
I hate retired people around my age.

Speaking of fiscal jealousy - my sister won the trifecta at the Melbourne cup.

6 times.

120K.

It was the biggest payout Geraldton turf club ever made.

she was already flying business class to Paris next year so that's just spending money.

haha congratz to your sis, that is a very nice payout

thedrip
WA, 2353 posts
12 Nov 2015 11:40PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said...
TD - nice work - envious !

Smh - yes I know where you live and the job you do envy. But you have earnt it

Drip - I work on average at least 60 hours a week these days. More like 65/70 these last 9 months if I was counting . That does not not leave a lot of time for play so I choose to make the time count. I just can not get excited / enthused surfing 2-3ft onshore weak crap. I know I used to but these days I chose to hit the laptop and get cracking - so that next time it's good I will be out there whilst others are working or not on holiday !

Fair enough. I have flexible time a lot and, regularly, can knock off early. Sometimes it's flat out - like working until 11pm tonight and 10pm last Sunday - but a 3.30 knock off is possible and pretty surf friendly at times.

Hope you are doing something to keep those arms buff for Indo - you don't wanna have months off and straight into 8'.

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
13 Nov 2015 8:40AM
Thumbs Up

I generally surf a lot more but the surf has been poop so not much to skite about...usually in spring/autum/winter I am in the water 4-6 times a week if its poop over summer I can get my kicks in the shaping bay....its good cross stepping practice!!

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
13 Nov 2015 10:14AM
Thumbs Up

Just got back after a post night shift surf. Thought I'd hit it early because of the southerly thats heading up the coast. Some nice waves that were a bit smaller than yesterday. Time for a nap now

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
13 Nov 2015 10:43AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..
I hate retired people around my age.

Speaking of fiscal jealousy - my sister won the trifecta at the Melbourne cup.

6 times.

120K.

It was the biggest payout Geraldton turf club ever made.

she was already flying business class to Paris next year so that's just spending money.

If its anything like it used to be they could build two Gero turf clubs for 120K

thePup
13831 posts
13 Nov 2015 10:12AM
Thumbs Up

Got a few reasonable offerings early today before the rent a crowd made it too much hassle ... came in had a call from the Asea up in God's Country he a froffering farker that Prez fella He wants 62Mac's quiver and he'll get it too then I was off to Bunnings on the way home for some house bits .... now to finish that farking painting .... gimme a spraygun fark this hand painting it's got knobs on it

MickPC
8266 posts
13 Nov 2015 11:20AM
Thumbs Up

Yeah was busy as expected, everyones been talking about Friday being the day all week. Funny coz I've had good uncrowded waves all week. Rocked up at 0600 & the place was already busy....Took off on a bomb, smashed it off the first section, came screaming around the next section & here's Pup plopping in on the shoulder with his 666. Had to bail so I didn't scallop him Second 4hr surf this week, no where near as good as Monday but still pretty fun

thePup
13831 posts
13 Nov 2015 11:24AM
Thumbs Up

You mean you paddled straight out to the head of the lineup & thought you'd pull the usual I'd been waiting for my turn and picked that one out early

SP
10979 posts
13 Nov 2015 11:34AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..
You mean you paddled straight out to the head of the lineup & thought you'd pull the usual I'd been waiting for my turn and picked that one out early

Yeah but you were on a 666...

I hope that Goddard isn't feeling unloved...

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
13 Nov 2015 1:36PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..

Pup you do realize surfing 666 is banned in QLD,time to get off the thing.

thePup
13831 posts
13 Nov 2015 11:43AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..

thePup said..

Yeah but you were on a 666...

I hope that Goddard isn't feeling unloved...

Hahaha yeah I suppose I didn't think of that just about everything is packed & bubble wrapped for shipping to God's Country

thePup
13831 posts
13 Nov 2015 11:43AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

thePup said..

Pup you do realize surfing 666 is banned in QLD,time to get off the thing.

Her name is "the Pig"

Cobra
9106 posts
13 Nov 2015 11:53AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..
Yeah was busy as expected, everyones been talking about Friday being the day all week. Funny coz I've had good uncrowded waves all week. Rocked up at 0600 & the place was already busy....Took off on a bomb, smashed it off the first section, came screaming around the next section & here's Pup plopping in on the shoulder with his 666. Had to bail so I didn't scallop him Second 4hr surf this week, no where near as good as Monday but still pretty fun

pup dropping in with a 666,,,pup lose that habit before moving to QLD or start boxing classes

but Pup don't start them until i surf with you…I'm going to sit in the car park eating chips with the seagulls and watch you get flogged

boofy
NSW, 2110 posts
13 Nov 2015 3:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..

MickPC said..

pup dropping in with a 666,,,pup lose that habit before moving to QLD or start boxing classes

but Pup don't start them until i surf with you…I'm going to sit in the car park eating chips with the seagulls and watch you get flogged

Mate you will know its Pup out there he will be on his own surfing in easterlies thinking hes still in WA

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
13 Nov 2015 2:16PM
Thumbs Up

seal colony

MickPC
8266 posts
13 Nov 2015 2:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..

Oh I'm sure you saw it first mate, thats the advantage of the view you get standing on a 666. As for where I sit, that little corner of sucky reef is my spot. I can't compete with LB's & 666ers on the middle bubble when I'm riding a SB. You guys will be up & riding way before I get any momentum going. I don't paddle for the waves peaking on 2.5 where you generally hang on bigger days like today, I wouldn't have a chance of catching the wave unless I shoulder hopped the right...but anyway, whatever

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
13 Nov 2015 3:22PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^
The whole of Perth seemed to drive down to my local Mick packed to the brim - better days last week with way less people out - go figure

thePup
13831 posts
13 Nov 2015 3:26PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..

MickPC said..

Hahahaha who the fark says I actually dropped in farken snake charmer bastard

MickPC
8266 posts
13 Nov 2015 3:32PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ctngoodvibes said..
^^^^
The whole of Perth seemed to drive down to my local Mick packed to the brim - better days last week with way less people out - go figure

Yeah it was funny hey...so many people were frothing about this Friday. I looked at the forecast, swell period was rising from almost 14 to almost 17 with a slight increase in swell, winds ok direction but slightly blowy. I'd say 2 almost 3 days out of 5 were better than today, just for consistency & lack of crowd alone. There were big lull's today, I'm usually spending more time paddling back out than anything, but patience game today...4 guys I know from your neck of the woods were in the lineup today. One just bought a block round the corner from my place.

These days we just seem to cop a lot of surf trip peeps on Mon & Fri unless the forecast is looking a bit dodgy.

MickPC
8266 posts
13 Nov 2015 3:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..

Cobra said..

MickPC said..

Hahahaha who the fark says I actually dropped in farken snake charmer bastard

Yeah he didn't drop in....he plopped in

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
14 Nov 2015 6:06AM
Thumbs Up

looks bad today- again. timing is everything mac.

south change for tomorrow

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
14 Nov 2015 6:35AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..
looks bad today- again. timing is everything mac.

south change for tomorrow

Looks terrible 40 mins south looks glassy it may improve later today and stop praying for north winds that just being unkind and selfish

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
14 Nov 2015 8:02AM
Thumbs Up

Thats not what im about

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
14 Nov 2015 8:11AM
Thumbs Up

I just looked back a bit
Pup on sup

Oh the shame. Have you no morals

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
14 Nov 2015 8:16AM
Thumbs Up

Storm = southerly I'm out of here

asea
NSW, 5510 posts
14 Nov 2015 9:41AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..
I just looked back a bit Pup on sup Oh the shame. Have you no morals

fine him big time

asea
NSW, 5510 posts
14 Nov 2015 10:12AM
Thumbs Up

Apparently Macaha is out there now taking control of his break and from what i hear the Pup will be put in the line up in order just like Indy cars,i can't wait to see this happen

thePup
13831 posts
14 Nov 2015 7:23AM
Thumbs Up

Yeah Prez ...... but I drew number 47 .....

asea
NSW, 5510 posts
14 Nov 2015 10:30AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..
Yeah Prez ...... but I drew number 47 .....

Mac might lap you

thePup
13831 posts
14 Nov 2015 7:47AM
Thumbs Up

Nah I've teamed up with the big unit V12 and we have a cunning plan all we need is a Presidential froth machine to go left and fark 'em all up .... the right lane will be free for sssssssssssssssssssssssssmoking all the way down to Greenie

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo