Forums > Surfing Longboarding

Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
7 Nov 2015 3:46PM
Thumbs Up

Matts phone ringing its pumping out the front,the boys are gone.

Southerly kicked this a little unoganised but we will have waves tomorrow

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
8 Nov 2015 7:24AM
Thumbs Up

Asea and mac out there

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
8 Nov 2015 6:07AM
Thumbs Up

I've had one surf since I got back from Bali on the 8th October. Steadily going nucking futs. I hate Spring.

thedrip
WA, 2353 posts
8 Nov 2015 7:49AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said...
Asea and mac out there

And he wants to sell the log?

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
8 Nov 2015 11:02AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..

laceys lane said...
Asea and mac out there

And he wants to sell the log?

Don't know if mac has a 10 footer but that would have to be the choice out there.

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
8 Nov 2015 12:09PM
Thumbs Up

YES smh I was on the 10 foot log,it was very hard work today the surf was too small but at least we got wet.

We surfed Kirra the a SB board meeting at another coffee joint drove up the top of green mount and bumped into a rather rattled regular follow longboarder.I ask how was it mate? he replied ok until he got chased out by a 4 or 5 foot Shark at LM.He said it swam under him and another guy and was heading north to greenmount.5 mins later it returned and swam under them again they paddled in and alerted the clubbies who had a large bunch of nippers in the water.

Cobra
9106 posts
8 Nov 2015 10:29AM
Thumbs Up

Mac why didn't you go down to chrispys, would of been bigger there

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
8 Nov 2015 12:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..

Points are where the old longboarders hang out

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
8 Nov 2015 12:40PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

Cobra said..

not by very much cobra.

just a small day, really small, but clean .

and for another 5 to 6 weeks anything clean is gold

Cobra
9106 posts
8 Nov 2015 11:20AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

Macaha said..

Cobra said..

not by very much cobra.

just a small day, really small, but clean .

and for another 5 to 6 weeks anything clean is gold

well its bigger than here.

spring up here is the pits NE winds,,won't be getting swell till december up here.

MickPC
8266 posts
8 Nov 2015 3:42PM
Thumbs Up

Big beach day, I'm rted...took the log out this morning for some micro fun. I thought my log had good glide, but man does she have some epic glide without a leggy. Was only a few people out so no worries

Then had my third wind surf after lunch. Really good wind direction & speed. Was stoked to be able to go out, turn around without falling, come back in & then do the walk of shame back to my starting point coz I can't hug quite tight enough for the wind yet...but yeah, had a good beach day

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
9 Nov 2015 2:01PM
Thumbs Up

Just waiting for the tide to come up a bit and I'm out there.

MickPC
8266 posts
9 Nov 2015 12:51PM
Thumbs Up

Picked up heaps as expected with yesterdays wind. Was breaking a bit quick though & had big close out sections for the sets. Took the log out to get in early & gun for the shoulder to get through. Peeled through better as the tide came up & I went in for the shortie when the pack slimmed down to 10. There was only 5 of us for the last hour, surf was just getting better. Unfortunately you can only surf so long before you feel like your arms are gonna drop off, so a little over 4 hours was enough for me. Absolute magic day...another day in paradise

Unfortunately its looking pretty bad for the next few days...

thedrip
WA, 2353 posts
9 Nov 2015 1:11PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..
Picked up heaps as expected with yesterdays wind. Was breaking a bit quick though & had big close out sections for the sets. Took the log out to get in early & gun for the shoulder to get through. Peeled through better as the tide came up & I went in for the shortie when the pack slimmed down to 10. There was only 5 of us for the last hour, surf was just getting better. Unfortunately you can only surf so long before you feel like your arms are gonna drop off, so a little over 4 hours was enough for me. Absolute magic day...another day in paradise

Unfortunately its looking pretty bad for the next few days...

Ha! The amount of days you surf you need a lay day. Here is cracking today and tomorrow. Looking forward to the after work.

thedrip
WA, 2353 posts
9 Nov 2015 1:27PM
Thumbs Up

My local looking delightful on the webcam. Anyone want bets on it looking like this in 2 1/2 hours?

These things should be banned - it teases and taunts so often while I am work. I can almost hear Hughie laughing...

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
9 Nov 2015 3:54PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Lacey points look good with this south wind shame your out of action

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
9 Nov 2015 5:30PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..

My local looking delightful on the webcam. Anyone want bets on it looking like this in 2 1/2 hours?

These things should be banned - it teases and taunts so often while I am work. I can almost hear Hughie laughing...

That looks very nice. I just got back. Banks not too good but still picked a few ok waves.

obct
NSW, 3487 posts
9 Nov 2015 6:49PM
Thumbs Up

I had a don't look first surf at my local this arvo, "what's a don't look first surf???" glad you asked.

That's when you know it will be absolute crap, so you stay in the car park behind the dunes, don't bother walking over to have a look, get your wetty on, the board waxed and the car locked, then walk over with the board to have a look.

That way, no matter how bad it is, you'll probably still go in, because you went to so much trouble already.

Turned out to be a good sesh after all, got one screaming little right that was so good, I let out a hoot as I was fanging across the face up near the snotty end

MickPC
8266 posts
9 Nov 2015 4:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..

Not quite as big & clean. But still looks pretty good, smitty's is smoking right now.

MickPC
8266 posts
9 Nov 2015 4:36PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
obct said..

I had a don't look first surf at my local this arvo, "what's a don't look first surf???" glad you asked.

That's when you know it will be absolute crap, so you stay in the car park behind the dunes, don't bother walking over to have a look, get your wetty on, the board waxed and the car locked, then walk over with the board to have a look.

That way, no matter how bad it is, you'll probably still go in, because you went to so much trouble already.

Turned out to be a good sesh after all, got one screaming little right that was so good, I let out a hoot as I was fanging across the face up near the snotty end

I like your style mate...its always better than it looks imo...generally speaking

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
9 Nov 2015 7:53PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
obct said..

One good wave can make it all worthwhile

asea
NSW, 5510 posts
9 Nov 2015 8:30PM
Thumbs Up

not today but hopefully tomorrow m&L are you both in same place

thePup
13831 posts
9 Nov 2015 5:33PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah I'm in tomoz ..... get a bit of the old dirty sanchez happening

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
9 Nov 2015 7:41PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
asea said..
not today but hopefully tomorrow m&L are you both in same place

You hear about the shark yesterday fella?

asea
NSW, 5510 posts
9 Nov 2015 8:54PM
Thumbs Up

Yes thats why i want you out there you are a pedigree more attractive to the shark

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
9 Nov 2015 7:57PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Hey Lacey points look good with this south wind shame your out of action

oh. just saw this marvellous post.

your the one who should be getting waves bother boy

thePup
13831 posts
9 Nov 2015 5:57PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
asea said..
Yes thats why i want you out there you are a pedigree more attractive to the shark

He has a good point there Macaha

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
9 Nov 2015 7:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..

asea said..

He has a good point there Macaha

I'm not scared I've got those black and white stripes on the tail end,hate to be the guy sitting next to me

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
9 Nov 2015 10:00PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said...

so how was it? That pic looked like fun

thedrip
WA, 2353 posts
9 Nov 2015 7:13PM
Thumbs Up

Paddled out with a slight onshore. An hour later my mate and me looked at each other and went, "This is crap...wanna go?...Yep." The left had a section shutting down, the right had a section shutting down. When we came down the hill there were three guys out. When we paddled out there were 15.

You gotta laugh.

And it was still better than not surfing and being at work.

Oh yeah. Four foot.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo