Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
vanders1
QLD, 3809 posts
13 Dec 2015 8:53AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Vanders can you make a come back soon I'm stuffed too many waves today.

I'm just frothing to get let off the chain mate, may just play blocker for a while until I get back in the groove.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
13 Dec 2015 1:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tux said..

I don't want to say to much but you may loose some friends if you keep reporting like this and don't post some pictures

Ok here are a couple to wet your appetite. The third pic is just to give some scale. Like I said its been ok the last few days

MickPC
8266 posts
13 Dec 2015 11:04AM
Thumbs Up

Looks so good Ted

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
13 Dec 2015 12:05PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said...
All good thanks Pup. Had a third surf this evening - second day in a row of three surfs - good to be back I took the 10ft log Ted shape out at a long long left on the low tide. Normally it would be sketchy but swell direction was hitting perfectly. Had the best long board session ever. Got some nice hang five ride time. No turns just straight up the middle. Even got a few bigger ones and was so surprised how it handled it. Stoked beyond belief. I knew that wave would be epic for the 10 footer in the right conditions and it is !! Was a huge effort to get it over here but after today it was well worth it. Similar swell conditions Tom so more of the same perhaps. Got to hand it to Mac. He generously gave me a big monster fin for that board and it works a treat Thanks legend.

If it's the left im thinking of then it has a serious amount of current running through it? Great wave but very hard to stay in position. Surfed it at around double overhead with not many crew on it. But I like the right that's a little further walk down the coast better

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
13 Dec 2015 3:17PM
Thumbs Up

Yes that's the one. Not too much current unless a big tide and lots of swell. Can handle anything the ocean can throw at it. I love that wave. Very under rated.

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
13 Dec 2015 12:38PM
Thumbs Up

It barrels to eh ted. Yep I rate it too. And it never seems to be crowded.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
13 Dec 2015 3:28PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

Tux said..

I don't want to say to much but you may loose some friends if you keep reporting like this and don't post some pictures

Ok here are a couple to wet your appetite. The third pic is just to give some scale. Like I said its been ok the last few days

keep em coming ted...and my favorite size right there for fun....

i took my longboard out for the first real surf on it in a year at laceys homebreak name....i struggled badly...once i relaxed and just went with the wave i had a ball....and no injuries

stopped off at firewire fr the sale...i missed out big time. boards 350 -400 and no sizes left that i liked...i was gonna get a vanguard because it was so cheap,,,but the bloke talked me out of it

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
13 Dec 2015 6:42PM
Thumbs Up

went out for a midday surf at coolie. better then nothing. uneven and lumpy but the odd wave to keep one interested.

im so sore. ribs. knees, rash on the inside of my legs, sore shoulders.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
13 Dec 2015 4:51PM
Thumbs Up

Crispy i have never had anyone in a shop say a nice word about the Vanguards. When you ask though, they've normally never ridden one..

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
13 Dec 2015 7:00PM
Thumbs Up

guys don't seem to stay with them.

Cobra
9106 posts
13 Dec 2015 5:00PM
Thumbs Up

^^^ there is a room for short board talk.

anyway back to,,, where did you surf today.

got a few this morning, crap really, but i got wet,hope the wind drops for tomorrow

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
13 Dec 2015 7:02PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..

got a few this morning, crap really, but i got wet,hope the wind drops for tomorrow

gee if that's the attitude you bring it might be better you didn't get wet

Cobra
9106 posts
13 Dec 2015 5:05PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

Cobra said..

gee if that's the attitude you bring it might be better you didn't get wet

you didn't surf it, and i haven't got wet for a while

CrossStep
SA, 210 posts
13 Dec 2015 8:28PM
Thumbs Up

No surf lately with head in books. Alas a reprieve from books up ahead yet conditions not anywhere near surf able for the forseable

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
14 Dec 2015 12:37PM
Thumbs Up

Just got back from some waist high waves . Bit bumpy at first but it got better. Felt a bit rusty after a week out of the water due to work but got a few nice little waves. Perfect for longboard type surfing.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
14 Dec 2015 3:10PM
Thumbs Up

Fun session on the 10ft beast this morning as the tide came in. Lots of fun - long long walls of goodness. Tried to pull into a couple which was pretty amusing for all who witnessed it

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
14 Dec 2015 9:38PM
Thumbs Up

Just played the evening bash of volleyball with the girls and boys from the local restaurants. Bloody good fun - but 90 mins in the sweltering conditions is more of a workout than a surf seems volleyball is making a big comeback over here. I have counted 5 new courts since I was last here.

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
14 Dec 2015 9:04PM
Thumbs Up

Flights are going so cheap atm Jetstar 270 one way,I'm keen to go August best time for the south shore return flights for two 1100 jetstar or 1300 on Hawaiian

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
15 Dec 2015 1:01PM
Thumbs Up

Just back from some really nice waist high waves. Heaps of kids out so i paddled down the beach a bit and got this bank pretty much to myself . There was some really nice lefts coming through and very consistent. Got heaps. Really happy now it's time to eat.

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
15 Dec 2015 1:02PM
Thumbs Up

Nice one smh

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
15 Dec 2015 2:13PM
Thumbs Up

Looks like a lay day for me. A few frothed out the front but after the last week I am not that enthusiast. Waited for the tide to head in hoping for a bit more push but it's still a bit small. Lots of swell due in a few days so will keep working instead.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
15 Dec 2015 3:51PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Nice one smh

Cheers Mac . I'll be back out there tomorrow. Hope you're getting some up there

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
15 Dec 2015 4:32PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..

Macaha said..
Nice one smh

Cheers Mac . I'll be back out there tomorrow. Hope you're getting some up there

nah mate I'm just a weekender and no warrior at the moment

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
16 Dec 2015 7:40AM
Thumbs Up

Not looking too promising here this morning . Just did a drive ba after night shift and it's looking tiny. The wind is supposed to go southerly as well. Looks like I'll be doing some Christmas shopping.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
16 Dec 2015 8:37AM
Thumbs Up

Got some waves on the SEA PLANE again mac

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
16 Dec 2015 7:18AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said...

You've surfed it a few times now. Is it any good?

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
16 Dec 2015 9:27AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..

laceys lane said...

You've surfed it a few times now. Is it any good?

any good fella?

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
16 Dec 2015 9:52AM
Thumbs Up

I like it. A bit tricky. Positioning on the board is the key.
Makes me move around more which hopefully should make me better.
Ran into sdr in the car pk. He's up to speed with the happening

MickPC
8266 posts
16 Dec 2015 11:41AM
Thumbs Up

Happy the crowd checking it out today were all too fussy to join me out in what were some fun waves...was heaps better than it looked. Heading back down in a couple of hours for a wind surf

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
16 Dec 2015 7:19PM
Thumbs Up

lucky enough to get out at about lunch with a bit of a pulse in the swell. some nice clean walls

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo