Forums > Surfing Longboarding

Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
22 Dec 2015 7:57PM
Thumbs Up

3hr session of almost perfection with just a couple of other folks. Heaven.

Macaha
QLD, 21885 posts
22 Dec 2015 7:00PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

Oh stop it your just making us feel bad

MickPC
8266 posts
22 Dec 2015 5:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

I can imagine, you guys have had some nice light winds. Kmaz & the Gu have had early arvo fun waves for the last 4 days

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
22 Dec 2015 11:06PM
Thumbs Up

Was a touch onshore then a big storm came through and it was glassy in 10 mins then went perfectly offshore. The Thing was I could not see more than 15-25m whilst ot rained for 25mins it was so dark. So all my line ups for that spot were out. Copped a few on the head and missed a few as a result but wave count still very very high been riding the Evo as a thruster today and it just performs so much better than any of my quad setups.

MickPC
8266 posts
22 Dec 2015 8:24PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
Was a touch onshore then a big storm came through and it was glassy in 10 mins then went perfectly offshore. The Thing was I could not see more than 15-25m whilst ot rained for 25mins it was so dark. So all my line ups for that spot were out. Copped a few on the head and missed a few as a result but wave count still very very high been riding the Evo as a thruster today and it just performs so much better than any of my quad setups.

I wish copping sets on the head was my problem

Need more pics mate

thedrip
WA, 2353 posts
23 Dec 2015 3:18PM
Thumbs Up

Waist to shoulder high with a slight onshore. The Fountain of Youth wasn't my pick of boards but went okay. My wife had the car and the fins for the Wahoo. I had one one of those "doh" moments as I pulled the board out thinking I was about to have a ripper surf and realised I took the fins out for the drive north.

I couldn't help myself and looked at the swell buoy back home - it's cracking. Solid 6 foot with bigger set. Oh well. I got wet and there was one other bloke on my peak.

MickPC
8266 posts
23 Dec 2015 3:35PM
Thumbs Up

Absolutely r00ted...local was flat as yesterday, I was only expecting waist high waves with a devil wind kicking in around 9am. So headed down at 0700 & was surprised to find an early chrissy pressy of head to head n 1/2 freight trains with hardly any one out for 4 1/2 hours & almost no wind. Tryed for a 5 hour surf to beat this years record before the end of the year but my body said no. Wave frequency had been too high

Looking to be super blowy tomorrow, should be good for a windsurf

thedrip
WA, 2353 posts
23 Dec 2015 6:54PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said...
Absolutely r00ted...local was flat as yesterday, I was only expecting waist high waves with a devil wind kicking in around 9am. So headed down at 0700 & was surprised to find an early chrissy pressy of head to head n 1/2 freight trains with hardly any one out for 4 1/2 hours & almost no wind. Tryed for a 5 hour surf to beat this years record before the end of the year but my body said no. Wave frequency had been too high

You

Are

Weak.

MickPC
8266 posts
23 Dec 2015 8:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..

MickPC said...

You

Are

Weak.

I know...but still a lot stronger than you

thedrip
WA, 2353 posts
23 Dec 2015 9:08PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said...
thedrip said..

MickPC said...

You

Are

Weak.

I know...but still a lot stronger than you

If you saw me in the water today you would know how true that is. Witty repartee finished - I got nothing.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
24 Dec 2015 12:39AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..

Nice work Mick. I did spend 5hrs in the water today - over 2 surfs though. Glad you got that swell as we will have it shortly. Xmas day here looks amazing with a good chunk of swell and friendly tides with the big moon. It should be the best type of xmas I could hope for. But will wait before getting super excited - but 5-7ft at 17 seconds has me pretty amped for some magical times. Theoretically it should be pumping. Boxing day will also be the same. Hoping for 1.5 overhead with some bigger sets. Should be pumping everywhere

thedrip
WA, 2353 posts
23 Dec 2015 10:15PM
Thumbs Up

Boxing Day will be the pick of it for me, Ted. I have a little reef north of town that should be crack-a-lacking. Next week is looking pretty good for when I get back down south.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
24 Dec 2015 8:20AM
Thumbs Up

Lifes good on a seaplane

towball
4627 posts
24 Dec 2015 6:27AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..
Lifes good on a seaplane

A spot of fishing there lacey

Macaha
QLD, 21885 posts
24 Dec 2015 9:06AM
Thumbs Up

LM with Seaplane pilot Lacey

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
24 Dec 2015 9:42AM
Thumbs Up

you have a devious mind tb

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
24 Dec 2015 5:40PM
Thumbs Up

second session at the alley was good . lower tide walls lined up very nicely for the lsd twinnie.

ripper board. the litres didn't feel to much at all.

I would call this board better than the nano I had of the same litres.

anyway . I reckon this board makes selling the 9.3 a easier decision.

to the horror of some that will leave me with just one mal- a good one tho

Macaha
QLD, 21885 posts
24 Dec 2015 5:54PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..
second session at the alley was good . lower tide walls lined up very nicely for the lsd twinnie.

Lacey your post above we've all read before,many times in fact,as much as we enjoy your froth of your new boards which all sound like keepers.But sadly that soon changes and your onto the next best thing only to repeat yourself.
Forget brands for a minute please but a 207 9.6 x 23 x 3 would be what I'd be making you if your were a team rider.I don't mean to be harsh on you but I've seen you surf once or twice Sure this morning you were having a great time and surfing well but do you really need a 10 foot board,yes your say your spending too much time on longboards and want to ride short more and thats cool. Don't judge me you know its all about the art

Anyway long term friend long time surf mate just adding my two cents,sleep well tonight and don't let this post make your restless

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
24 Dec 2015 4:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
laceys lane said..

Lacey your post above we've all read before,many times in fact,as much as we enjoy your froth of your new boards which all sound like keepers.But sadly that soon changes and your onto the next best thing only to repeat yourself.
Forget brands for a minute please but a 207 9.6 x 23 x 3 would be what I'd be making you if your were a team rider.I don't mean to be harsh on you but I've seen you surf once or twice Sure this morning you were having a great time and surfing well but do you really need a 10 foot board,yes your say your spending too much time on longboards and want to ride short more and thats cool. Don't judge me you know its all about the art

Anyway long term friend long time surf mate just adding my two cents,sleep well tonight and don't let this post mate your restless

Please go on sir

Macaha
QLD, 21885 posts
24 Dec 2015 6:25PM
Thumbs Up

Real mates say it as it is Chrispy thats my out

Love you Lacey

SP
10979 posts
24 Dec 2015 4:27PM
Thumbs Up

Pot is making some sense Kettle.
Black is not always black.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
24 Dec 2015 6:27PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

laceys lane said..

Anyway long term friend long time surf mate just adding my two cents,sleep well tonight and don't let this post mate your restless

cool.

I never deny changing boards- I get bored no matter how good the board is, but I surf more than once a week too.

talked about the waves, liked the board , compared it to another big litre board, didn't see keeper mentioned. I must look again

problem for you is I actually like the seaplane- forgive me, but it looks like being around for bit

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
24 Dec 2015 6:41PM
Thumbs Up

you want froth- when I put the trailer fin it the board felt as fast and as loose as any short board ive ridden in those size waves today. wave catching was a piece of cake. no problem even coming straight off the 10 ft mal.

it was exciting even dare I say

so there it is done and proud of it

MickPC
8266 posts
24 Dec 2015 5:03PM
Thumbs Up

Nice board LL

Had a quick surf this morning on my 6'0, strong crosshore winds, big swell, had it to myself. Had a couple of good ones. Just got back from having a few beers down on the beach with wind surfing mates watching some great wind surfing & kiting action. Strong winds & still a good swell running. Great stuff

MickPC
8266 posts
24 Dec 2015 5:03PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..

If you saw me in the water today you would know how true that is. Witty repartee finished - I got nothing.

hahaha have a good one mate

MickPC
8266 posts
24 Dec 2015 5:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

MickPC said..

Nice work Mick. I did spend 5hrs in the water today - over 2 surfs though. Glad you got that swell as we will have it shortly. Xmas day here looks amazing with a good chunk of swell and friendly tides with the big moon. It should be the best type of xmas I could hope for. But will wait before getting super excited - but 5-7ft at 17 seconds has me pretty amped for some magical times. Theoretically it should be pumping. Boxing day will also be the same. Hoping for 1.5 overhead with some bigger sets. Should be pumping everywhere

Cheers mate...hope xmas is awesome for ya...lets face it, how could it not be with 1/2 the quality you usually get & a few bintangs...post some pics bro

Wish Rose a Merry Christmas from me & Fumi too

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
24 Dec 2015 6:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..
Nice board LL

Had a quick surf this morning on my 6'0, strong crosshore winds, big swell, had it to myself. Had a couple of good ones. Just got back from having a few beers down on the beach with wind surfing mates watching some great wind surfing & kiting action. Strong winds & still a good swell running. Great stuff

I do love your ability to stay positive. Sadly up my way anything with South is no fun and this wind is relentless

Even my wife commented today on the wind and lack of surf..

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
24 Dec 2015 9:38PM
Thumbs Up

I had a week of dayshift so no waves and been off all week but it's been hopeless and windy so hoping something will happen soon. I think I've only been out twice over the last fortnight

MickPC
8266 posts
24 Dec 2015 9:52PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..

MickPC said..
Nice board LL

I do love your ability to stay positive. Sadly up my way anything with South is no fun and this wind is relentless

Even my wife commented today on the wind and lack of surf..

Anything with a N unless very light here sux. I surfed your local a lot in the early to mid 90's when I visited my olds. It does handle a lot of winds, but like anywhere needs swell. Thats been a big problem lately & for a lot of this year. Should be ok now yeah Hope ya have a good one mate

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
24 Dec 2015 9:57PM
Thumbs Up

It's that bloody windy my xmas decorations just blew away

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo