Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
20 Dec 2015 12:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Well I paddled out at greenmount,terrible one wave and I was out of there.

wrong place, wrong tide. but you know that

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
20 Dec 2015 12:21PM
Thumbs Up

Sorry time poor Xmas shopping day

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
20 Dec 2015 12:38PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
Sorry time poor Xmas shopping day

Dont go over board. Just a fish type surfboard for me thks

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
20 Dec 2015 1:08PM
Thumbs Up

I was going to get this for you but you've made it clear you don't like the brand

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
20 Dec 2015 2:33PM
Thumbs Up

It's been onshore here this morning. Weird weird wind for this time of the year.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
20 Dec 2015 2:53PM
Thumbs Up

I'm going for a late wave. Waiting for the weekend crowd to thin out. It's got more to do with getting a parking spot than waves.

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
20 Dec 2015 2:58PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..
I'm going for a late wave. Waiting for the weekend crowd to thin out. It's got more to do with getting a parking spot than waves.

Where do you mainly go for a wave down there smh

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
20 Dec 2015 3:28PM
Thumbs Up

That spot thats clean in a noreaster with the ugly crowded housing development above it.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
20 Dec 2015 3:14PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
I was going to get this for you but you've made it clear you don't like the brand

Phew. Could have been embarrassing for everyone

Cobra
9106 posts
20 Dec 2015 2:01PM
Thumbs Up

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
20 Dec 2015 6:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..
That spot thats clean in a noreaster with the ugly crowded housing development above it.

Ah Gotcha,that's nice and close for you to

do you ever venture up to Windang or Warilla in the autumn and winter ?..

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
20 Dec 2015 6:40PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Al G said..

smh said..

Yeah but don't ever go any further north than that . Sometimes I'll go down to Werri . Not long back and I didn't go out. It was tiny. Little dribbly north east swell and the water had a dull green look to it. Probably pretty cold and there was only a handful out . Wind didn't back off much either.

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
20 Dec 2015 6:48PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..

Al G said..

smh said..

Yeah but don't ever go any further north than that . Sometimes I'll go down to Werri . Not long back and I didn't go out. It was tiny. Little dribbly north east swell and the water had a dull green look to it. Probably pretty cold and there was only a handful out . Wind didn't back off much either.

Yeah cool,used to surf Windang and Warilla a bit,I knew a bloke there I worked with and surfed with Dave Cuthbert,he lives at Windang,good big wave surfer,seasoned traveller to Indo.Yeah used to surf Werri and Gerringong Point years ago,had a ex girlfriend who had a beach house at Werri,would be sold now no doubt.

Cobra
9106 posts
20 Dec 2015 4:08PM
Thumbs Up

ever surf currarong smh

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
20 Dec 2015 9:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..
ever surf currarong smh

No I haven't Cobra. If I'm heading down the coast i go a bit further south. Have you had good waves there ?

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
20 Dec 2015 9:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Al G said..

smh said..

Al G said..

smh said..

Yeah cool,used to surf Windang and Warilla a bit,I knew a bloke there I worked with and surfed with Dave Cuthbert,he lives at Windang,good big wave surfer,seasoned traveller to Indo.Yeah used to surf Werri and Gerringong Point years ago,had a ex girlfriend who had a beach house at Werri,would be sold now no doubt.

You'd know all the places down here Ali G . Plenty of variety eh

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
20 Dec 2015 6:17PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Al G said..

smh said..

Al G said..

smh said..

the warilla gorillas hahahaha...dickheads....windang island when its working is a wave beyond fun the beachies are ****....the pizza place and bakery where solid staples for my early teenage diet

Cobra
9106 posts
20 Dec 2015 7:42PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..

Cobra said..
ever surf currarong smh

No I haven't Cobra. If I'm heading down the coast i go a bit further south. Have you had good waves there ?

had my first ever wave there, fond memories of the place smh.

never been back since the mid 70s the olds had a van in the park we spent every school holidays & summer weekends there.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
21 Dec 2015 6:43PM
Thumbs Up

Insane here today. Best its been in a week. Tux's board spent a lot of time in the water and is about to head out for its third session of the day.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
21 Dec 2015 6:01PM
Thumbs Up

Repair was all good then

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
21 Dec 2015 7:06PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..

smh said..

Cobra said..
ever surf currarong smh

had my first ever wave there, fond memories of the place smh.

never been back since the mid 70s the olds had a van in the park we spent every school holidays & summer weekends there.

I only went there once in the early 70's when I went down with a mate and his parents and camped at a place called Honeymoon bay thats inside Jervis Bay. Nice area.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
21 Dec 2015 4:28PM
Thumbs Up

i must have offended a few of the gorillas lol

i read the surf report before i sured today,which i never do.....and i thought i was going to get some really fun waves....

they were wrong again.. very average and and with a fair bit of weed around.

got a couple of ok ones....but hey,i got wet yeeeeeooooow

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
21 Dec 2015 9:03PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

i read the surf report before i sured today,which i never do.....and i thought i was going to get some really fun waves....

You didn't offend me chrispy,I didn't know any Warilla Gorilla's

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
21 Dec 2015 10:08PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Al G said..

chrispy said..

Me either . I don't do red thumbs. The Gorillas are the local footy side.

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
22 Dec 2015 7:36AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
Insane here today. Best its been in a week. Tux's board spent a lot of time in the water and is about to head out for its third session of the day.

Bit was it any good...TBH if it reached 50% of the awesomeness of the Evo I would be pretty stoked

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
22 Dec 2015 7:59AM
Thumbs Up

Knee to waist high and onshore. My back was sore so getting to my feet quickly was hard and the young bloke on a fishy thing just made me feel bad as I was struggling to get the longboard to trim. It takes real skill to do that.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
22 Dec 2015 1:00PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tux said..

Ted the Kiwi said..

Bit was it any good...TBH if it reached 50% of the awesomeness of the Evo I would be pretty stoked

Board goes good bro - you should be very proud of your creations. It definitely likes bigger rather than smaller waves and handles the hollow stuff really well. Only complaint I would make is that it feels a bit heavy at the front end - does not matter on the bigger ones but when its a bit smaller you really need to throw everything into your turns. It goes like a rocket ! Stoked thanks Tux

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
22 Dec 2015 10:06AM
Thumbs Up

nice work tux

me i surfed head high peaky ones...i surfed really bad and got pretty frustrated...

its like overnight i have forgotten how to surf

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
22 Dec 2015 5:46PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..

Al G said..

chrispy said..

Me either . I don't do red thumbs. The Gorillas are the local footy side.

Yeah smh,I know of the footy side but don't know anyone who played for them,I only went to a couple of Shellharbour local games,used to go to Shellharbour pub and the Workers,I only lived down there for 3 years after moving from Thirroul then moved back to Thirroul!...

MickPC
8266 posts
22 Dec 2015 4:17PM
Thumbs Up

Been flat here...went crabbing with the missus at 6am. Unfortunately although there were heaps of crabs about, they were all 5mm to 10mm too small, except three I had for lunch. Good thing is missus loves catching them, but doesn't wanna eat them. Another day in paradise

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo