QLD, 3570 posts
28 Feb 2016 11:00AM
Thumbs Up

For Pup, Burleigh Friday 26/3/16

Macaha
QLD, 21885 posts
28 Feb 2016 5:14PM
Thumbs Up

The swell dropped today but right now its fired up again.

asea
NSW, 5510 posts
28 Feb 2016 7:20PM
Thumbs Up

Longboard tomorrow

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
28 Feb 2016 6:28PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

did you get out there for a late arvo session to avoid the crowds

did the fireball handle it

Cuttlefish
QLD, 1332 posts
28 Feb 2016 6:46PM
Thumbs Up

Had a blast this morning riding my 8' modern blackhawk at Alex corner.
Got in an early few on my McNeill CV2 before the longboard club fired up their contest at the Bluff.
Felt a bit strange walking down to surf 4'ers at the corner with it but I figured I might as well wash the dust off it.
Just sat out from the pack on the point and waited for bigger ones.
The board is an absolute pleasure to surf.
It has the early glide in but with its pointier nose with just enough rocker it takes drops like they are nothing.
Turns so well for a big board and its so much fun having a nice long rail in a board that goes fast as well.
Completely different to surf than a longboard planshape and its not stiff like a gun even though it looks like one.
I reckon every longboarder who chooses to ride a longboard based on thinking they are past shortboards would love one of these if they tried one.
Too bad they stopped making them.

thePup
13831 posts
28 Feb 2016 7:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bazz61 said..

For Pup, Burleigh Friday 26/3/16

Cheers Bazza - can see how the wind pushed them way past bloody rough faces too

thePup
13831 posts
28 Feb 2016 7:19PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
asea said..
Longboard tomorrow

step aside riffraff the Asea is about to drop a deliciously superb & farking sublime drop knee into it bit of the olde presidential hoohaa that'll sort out the chaff from the caviar smash 'em champion yeehaaaaaaaaa

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
28 Feb 2016 7:55PM
Thumbs Up

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
29 Feb 2016 1:43AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GPA said...

Pups been eating mangos. Simple

thedrip
WA, 2353 posts
29 Feb 2016 7:29AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cuttlefish said...
Got in an early few on my McNeill CV2 before the longboard club fired up their contest at the Bluff.
Felt a bit strange walking down to surf 4'ers at the corner with it but I figured I might as well wash the dust off it.
It has the early glide in but with its pointier nose with just enough rocker it takes drops like they are nothing.
Turns so well for a big board and its so much fun having a nice long rail in a board that goes fast as well.
Completely different to surf than a longboard planshape and its not stiff like a gun even though it looks like one.
I reckon every longboarder who chooses to ride a longboard based on thinking they are past shortboards would love one of these if they tried one.

Better grab then in the local. I have looked at it a bunch and thought it looked like an awesome board. Except I have the eight foot semi-gun and a missus to hide the money from...

Is it one too many? Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Macaha
QLD, 21885 posts
29 Feb 2016 11:40AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

Macaha said..

No I swam yesterday it was still too full on for me,took this morning off and had a great time,the water quality is at an all time high so clear and clean.

Cuttlefish
QLD, 1332 posts
29 Feb 2016 3:17PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..

Cuttlefish said...

Better grab then in the local. I have looked at it a bunch and thought it looked like an awesome board. Except I have the eight foot semi-gun and a missus to hide the money from...

Apparently the story goes the shaper who shaped the originals for the file is a very well respected older shaper.
Will dig further to find out who?

SP
10979 posts
29 Feb 2016 3:37PM
Thumbs Up

Sharing is caring..
Caring bunch on the GC...

www.facebook.com/ODsSurfPhotography/videos/10153938181663407/

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
29 Feb 2016 4:19PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..
Sharing is caring..

That is crazy. Id say if that happened at any of the spots i surf, the dropper in would get a shove in the back. Its like the surfers their are just accepting it To be far, they have just done it to someone also so i guess they are just coping it back in return..

The inside section looked the most fun

SP
10979 posts
29 Feb 2016 4:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
laceys lane said..

Macaha said..

No I swam yesterday it was still too full on for me,took this morning off and had a great time,the water quality is at an all time high so clear and clean.

Looked like the bank survived the swell?
Will it be alright for the comp?

Macaha
QLD, 21885 posts
29 Feb 2016 6:54PM
Thumbs Up

The banks are good to go SP,like there was no big swell remarkable really.

Now you've got to feel for the organisers,they put the comp back by a week because last year it was dead flat and a swell arrived a week later,if they had of kept with the original dates the first week of the comp would of had the whole week of pumping conditions and the comp would have been finished in 7 days. Cant win I hope they get some swell for the comp, I'll be in Bali

thedrip
WA, 2353 posts
29 Feb 2016 5:18PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cuttlefish said...
thedrip said..

Cuttlefish said...

Apparently the story goes the shaper who shaped the originals for the file is a very well respected older shaper.
Will dig further to find out who?

I got told it was Al Merrick. Looks a bit beefy for a Meerick to me, but maybe it was just one of his niche boards and, like many shapers, he can do a variety of different shapes well. I am simply basing my comment on his 5-not enoughs and 6-still not enough rack boards in every surf shop that are the volume sellers.

thedrip
WA, 2353 posts
29 Feb 2016 5:32PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said...
Sharing is caring..

Looks like fun - NOT!

I'm very grateful a drop in is incredibly rare here and if it does occur people get off the wave.

I guess with that occurring to you you just have to do it to another poor sucker this perpetuating the rudeness.

For the most part that hasn't been my experience out there, but maybe I have been lucky.

Or maybe the mad dog Sandgroper eyes scare them...roooaaarrrr!

asea
NSW, 5510 posts
29 Feb 2016 8:40PM
Thumbs Up

Ok Back on topic surfed local point mid tide nice.Longboarding wave.

Macaha
QLD, 21885 posts
29 Feb 2016 7:42PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
asea said..
Ok Back on topic surfed local point mid tide nice.Longboarding wave.

Nicely said straight up good to have the LB waves back hey

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
29 Feb 2016 8:49PM
Thumbs Up

Asea, you're a PIG! A wave PIG!

SP
10979 posts
1 Mar 2016 5:21AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
The banks are good to go SP,like there was no big swell remarkable really.

Now you've got to feel for the organisers,they put the comp back by a week because last year it was dead flat and a swell arrived a week later,if they had of kept with the original dates the first week of the comp would of had the whole week of pumping conditions and the comp would have been finished in 7 days. Cant win I hope they get some swell for the comp, I'll be in Bali

Good to hear the bank survived,
Hopefully they get some swell..

asea
NSW, 5510 posts
1 Mar 2016 8:36AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Simondo said..

Hi Simondo,just go with the flow you know hanging to go today but the rain is blocking my vision at present maybe in a couple of hours better tide then,fingers crossed.

Macaha
QLD, 21885 posts
1 Mar 2016 7:42AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
asea said..

Simondo said..

Hi Simondo,just go with the flow you know hanging to go today but the rain is blocking my vision at present maybe in a couple of hours better tide then,fingers crossed.

You'll be good today Asea,some waves about for you enjoy mate.

asea
NSW, 5510 posts
1 Mar 2016 8:44AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

asea said..

Simondo said..

Mac hopefully waiting like a kid for the lolly shop to open

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
1 Mar 2016 6:01AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
asea said...
Macaha said..

asea said..

Simondo said..

Longboard loaded Where are we going asea

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
1 Mar 2016 2:31PM
Thumbs Up

just back from some pretty good waves head high plus and getting bigger. Got plenty and had a good time and not crowded either.

asea
NSW, 5510 posts
1 Mar 2016 2:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said...
asea said...
Macaha said..

asea said..

Simondo said..

Longboard loaded Where are we going asea

Chrissy lucky I didn't look at my phone saved you a trip waves weren't linking up today.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
1 Mar 2016 2:50PM
Thumbs Up

If the surf is nice I might put the antiseptic gell on with a waterproof bandage and get a surf in

Macaha
QLD, 21885 posts
1 Mar 2016 3:25PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..
If the surf is nice I might put the antiseptic gell on with a waterproof bandage and get a surf in

Cant believe the Doc butchered you that bad.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo