Walked across road it's still a little messy

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
1 Mar 2016 5:27PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
laceys lane said..
If the surf is nice I might put the antiseptic gell on with a waterproof bandage and get a surf in

Cant believe the Doc butchered you that bad.

I don't know how many time I got to say it but it got infected. Extremely hot weather working. Very sweaty.

what doctor did has got nothing to do with it

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
1 Mar 2016 5:54PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

Macaha said...

laceys lane said..
If the surf is nice I might put the antiseptic gell on with a waterproof bandage and get a surf in

I don't know how many time I got to say it but it got infected. Extremely hot weather working. Very sweaty.

OK lets put it down to poor hygiene

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
1 Mar 2016 6:19PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

laceys lane said..

Macaha said...

laceys lane said..

OK lets but it down to poor hygiene

look I should probably do nothing much for 10 days to be really sure and kind to it. but hey I cant afford it so I take the risk.

I sure if I had your job bumming around in air conditioning all day I would be good as gold

this just aren't stitching up a cut mac. the are taking out a fair chuck of skin and muscle

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
1 Mar 2016 6:28PM
Thumbs Up

Thats one hell of an infection sunshine your little op was a few weeks ago know I think you have ridden off all of summer with your cosmetic procedures

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
1 Mar 2016 6:35PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Thats one hell of an infection sunshine your little op was a few weeks ago know I think you have ridden off all of summer with your cosmetic procedures

yeah tell me about.

between heart attacks. hernia, skin cancer cutouts-7 ,, I have enough already.

all just to look good.

I should be just happy looking better than you -I know

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
1 Mar 2016 6:47PM
Thumbs Up

bazz61
QLD, 3570 posts
1 Mar 2016 7:19PM
Thumbs Up

re the cosmetic subject LL :did the sun damage skin treatment you have used have a positive result..?

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
1 Mar 2016 5:53PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said...
Macaha said...
laceys lane said..

Could have been worse - a mates cyst being removed from his back. Having said that, removal of muscle sounds pretty bloody serious.

Hope you are back in the water soon. Sitting out with injuries sucks, but to recover from one then get another starts being a bit much.

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
1 Mar 2016 8:03PM
Thumbs Up

Nasty the drip I've got to get a couple cut out soon but from the top of my head

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
1 Mar 2016 6:07PM
Thumbs Up

Got nothing other than that.

Sounds horrible. Can you time it for the dodgy season?

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
1 Mar 2016 8:22PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..

Got nothing other than that.

Sounds horrible. Can you time it for the dodgy season?

I had one out a few years back,played indoor cricket the same night

I'd only be out for a week keen to get them out.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
1 Mar 2016 8:30PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bazz61 said..
re the cosmetic subject LL :did the sun damage skin treatment you have used have a positive result..?

yeah, got rid of the cancer. so the pathology says.

drip . mostly skin . they cut like a orange slice. a bit of muscle. I had to get the troubled one redone so.

they cut out the new scar tissue so a bit more under lying muscle.

internal stitch put it that way.

nearly healed but not pretty atm

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
2 Mar 2016 2:11AM
Thumbs Up

Hang in there LL. Hope your recovery time improves. If it's any consolation I have hardly surfed at all the last few months. Can count them on one hand. Will make up for it though the next few weeks. Will get some for you

asea
NSW, 5510 posts
2 Mar 2016 10:16AM
Thumbs Up

great session in front of Laceys home 3 out on bank

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
2 Mar 2016 10:50AM
Thumbs Up

Well.i got in but it was sh1te

asea
NSW, 5510 posts
2 Mar 2016 12:05PM
Thumbs Up

Was it too full Lacey?

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
2 Mar 2016 11:21AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
asea said...
Was it too full Lacey?

Messy. Here and there.
Then the wind got on to it.
All over

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
2 Mar 2016 9:28AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
asea said...

I was just down from you then asea. The bonzer is delicious

asea
NSW, 5510 posts
2 Mar 2016 5:35PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said...
asea said...

I was just down from you then asea. The bonzer is delicious

What time were you there Chrispy?

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
2 Mar 2016 2:50PM
Thumbs Up

Asea we surfed from 8-10, Fun but you blokes ended up.with some gutters. 3Rd surf in 3 months so I was pumped. New sled was kind to me

asea
NSW, 5510 posts
2 Mar 2016 6:01PM
Thumbs Up

I was out around 8 I think

asea
NSW, 5510 posts
2 Mar 2016 6:02PM
Thumbs Up

Out of the water was in at 0630

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
2 Mar 2016 5:53PM
Thumbs Up

I put that gel on and a waterproof dressing that worked a treat. dry as.

haven't had a lot of luck with those before but must be because the back is a flatter area that doesn't move around to much.

have another crack after training.

ugly swell atm

thePup
13831 posts
2 Mar 2016 3:58PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..
I put that gel on and a waterproof dressing that worked a treat. dry as.

haven't had a lot of luck with those before but must be because the back is a flatter area that doesn't move around to much.

have another crack after training.

ugly swell atm

Hey if you need something to help keep it drier - try cutting an old wetsuit into a strip (cut out the whole section from just above the hips to just below the backzip) then wriggle into it mate

I know someone who did this and it also worked

Cuttlefish
QLD, 1332 posts
2 Mar 2016 7:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..

Cuttlefish said...

thedrip said..

Cuttlefish said...
Had a blast this morning riding my 8' modern blackhawk at Alex corner.
Got in an early few on my McNeill CV2 before the longboard club fired up their contest at the Bluff.
Felt a bit strange walking down to surf 4'ers at the corner with it but I figured I might as well wash the dust off it.
Just sat out from the pack on the point and waited for bigger ones.
The board is an absolute pleasure to surf.
It has the early glide in but with its pointier nose with just enough rocker it takes drops like they are nothing.
Turns so well for a big board and its so much fun having a nice long rail in a board that goes fast as well.
Completely different to surf than a longboard planshape and its not stiff like a gun even though it looks like one.
I reckon every longboarder who chooses to ride a longboard based on thinking they are past shortboards would love one of these if they tried one.
Too bad they stopped making them.

Better grab then in the local. I have looked at it a bunch and thought it looked like an awesome board. Except I have the eight foot semi-gun and a missus to hide the money from...

Is it one too many? Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Apparently the story goes the shaper who shaped the originals for the file is a very well respected older shaper.
Will dig further to find out who?

I got told it was Al Merrick. Looks a bit beefy for a Meerick to me, but maybe it was just one of his niche boards and, like many shapers, he can do a variety of different shapes well. I am simply basing my comment on his 5-not enoughs and 6-still not enough rack boards in every surf shop that are the volume sellers.

Checked with the GSI rep and you are correct. Al Merrick shape.
No wonder it feels good.
He rides these himself as he likes bigger boards (no doubt as a CI).
Rep said he rode one (7'2") at 3' Nationals when they were trying a bunch of different boards and though he wasn't keen to try it he had a blast on it.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
3 Mar 2016 5:32AM
Thumbs Up

Great banks,crap winds here.....will have to travel for crap banks good winds.

SP
10979 posts
3 Mar 2016 6:10AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cuttlefish said...
thedrip said..

Cuttlefish said...

thedrip said..

Cuttlefish said...
Had a blast this morning riding my 8' modern blackhawk at Alex corner.
Got in an early few on my McNeill CV2 before the longboard club fired up their contest at the Bluff.
Felt a bit strange walking down to surf 4'ers at the corner with it but I figured I might as well wash the dust off it.
Just sat out from the pack on the point and waited for bigger ones.
The board is an absolute pleasure to surf.
It has the early glide in but with its pointier nose with just enough rocker it takes drops like they are nothing.
Turns so well for a big board and its so much fun having a nice long rail in a board that goes fast as well.
Completely different to surf than a longboard planshape and its not stiff like a gun even though it looks like one.
I reckon every longboarder who chooses to ride a longboard based on thinking they are past shortboards would love one of these if they tried one.
Too bad they stopped making them.

Better grab then in the local. I have looked at it a bunch and thought it looked like an awesome board. Except I have the eight foot semi-gun and a missus to hide the money from...

Is it one too many? Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Apparently the story goes the shaper who shaped the originals for the file is a very well respected older shaper.
Will dig further to find out who?

I got told it was Al Merrick. Looks a bit beefy for a Meerick to me, but maybe it was just one of his niche boards and, like many shapers, he can do a variety of different shapes well. I am simply basing my comment on his 5-not enoughs and 6-still not enough rack boards in every surf shop that are the volume sellers.

Checked with the GSI rep and you are correct. Al Merrick shape.
No wonder it feels good.
He rides these himself as he likes bigger boards (no doubt as a CI).
Rep said he rode one (7'2") at 3' Nationals when they were trying a bunch of different boards and though he wasn't keen to try it he had a blast on it.

Is it Similar to the Merrick M13???

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
3 Mar 2016 3:20PM
Thumbs Up

I surfed crap. Bonzer is a sick board. My 7'6 single was the real winner today though. Ate through the bumps and she does not mind a foam climb.

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
3 Mar 2016 6:24PM
Thumbs Up

Can't wait to show Lacey who's the boss this weekend , oh he is probably under an injury cloud again.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo