Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
Surf69
WA, 883 posts
6 Jun 2016 7:37AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..
I bounced off the bottom today on a reef I never hit the bottom on. Winter thick waves. They weren't big - frustratingly small and inconsistent actually - but punchy.

Its nuts isnt it. Some of my longest hold downs have been in smaller than big surf LOL

MickPC
8266 posts
6 Jun 2016 10:56AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Teacake said..

MickPC said..
Back in the water again after my neck injury with a small crowd at my local. 1/2 of which I had beers & a BBQ with yesterday. Was good

Recovery session mate?

haha nah more of a, I have recovered session mate. BBQ lunch was over by 5pm, I went home 1 more beer before dinner. Had Dinner, a jasmin green tea & in bed to watch a movie before crashing at 2130. Woke up fine...Not an allnighter till 5am like I did when I was your age

thedrip
WA, 2353 posts
6 Jun 2016 11:04AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Surf69 said...
thedrip said..
I bounced off the bottom today on a reef I never hit the bottom on. Winter thick waves. They weren't big - frustratingly small and inconsistent actually - but punchy.

Its nuts isnt it. Some of my longest hold downs have been in smaller than big surf LOL

One of my heaviest wipe outs was about 18 years ago on a 5-6 foot wave at Coronation in Geraldton. Anyone who has surfed there is now choking on their coffee. it's normally a fat mung burger of a wave, but this thing threw on the peak, I fell out of the lip and was smacked around like a red headed step-child, then it tried to drown me. It was solid without being huge, but just nasty. Bare in mind, back then I was 27, fit, fearless and hungry for 12 foot waves down south and yet that wipeout at Corro is one of the "highlights" in my surfing life. Good thing I am anonymous on the 'breeze as no one would have any respect for me if they knew me and read this. "Corro? Pfft...the guys a delusional idiot."

Surf69
WA, 883 posts
6 Jun 2016 11:51AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..

Surf69 said...

thedrip said..

One of my heaviest wipe outs was about 18 years ago on a 5-6 foot wave at Coronation in Geraldton. Anyone who has surfed there is now choking on their coffee. it's normally a fat mung burger of a wave, but this thing threw on the peak, I fell out of the lip and was smacked around like a red headed step-child, then it tried to drown me. It was solid without being huge, but just nasty. Bare in mind, back then I was 27, fit, fearless and hungry for 12 foot waves down south and yet that wipeout at Corro is one of the "highlights" in my surfing life. Good thing I am anonymous on the 'breeze as no one would have any respect for me if they knew me and read this. "Corro? Pfft...the guys a delusional idiot."

I reckon everyone has one of those, they just don't share them

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
6 Jun 2016 5:23PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Surf69 said..

thedrip said..

Surf69 said...

thedrip said..

I reckon everyone has one of those, they just don't share them

They sure don't,but I'll tell mine.I jumped off the back of Boulders, the next beach south of Lennox Head years ago.I missed timed the sets and got flogged against the rock wall thought I was going to drown,must've looked like a real dickhead,couple of blokes out there hav'in a laugh.But when I got out I caught the last set wave after sitting in the line up for a bit and got a excellent barrel,one of the longest barrels of my life and the boys who where laughing where now hooooting,haha!...

thedrip
WA, 2353 posts
6 Jun 2016 3:56PM
Thumbs Up

Aaah...the failed rock jump...love it.

I saw a bloke get flogged 300m or so down a rock point a few years back. Jumped off in front of a wave instead of on to it. Got pushed onto the rocks, sucked, pushed on, sucked back...all the way down the point and never in deeper than waist to chest high water (other than when he was in ankle deep water). I waited until he had walked back up the point - bleeding from multiple cuts and abrasions and his board was trashed. It was very funny because he wasn't seriously hurt. Me? I paddled out through the channel. That rock jump is sketchy and only saves 30s or so.

Any other deep dark secrets fellas?

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
6 Jun 2016 5:07PM
Thumbs Up

not me,but some crew were killing today. bennetts on the clubbie ski was the standout boss

E T
QLD, 2286 posts
6 Jun 2016 7:49PM
Thumbs Up

First and Second Bays at Coolum this afternoon.Has dropped off a bit but still some solid sets coming through.

Surf69
WA, 883 posts
6 Jun 2016 7:20PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..
not me,but some crew were killing today. bennetts on the clubbie ski was the standout boss

Yewww! Seeing some insane photos today of your side of the world !

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
7 Jun 2016 11:33AM
Thumbs Up

Just been for a surf locally. Two in two days. Water still warm they tell me at 11.5 degrees. Joy. Swell has backed off a lot since yesterday. Nothing like what your boys have been getting. Wetsuit slowing loosening up. But still feel like the Michellen man in my booties and hoodie and 5/4mm. Helps you to surf like a kook

Surf69
WA, 883 posts
7 Jun 2016 9:48AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
Just been for a surf locally. Two in two days. Water still warm they tell me at 11.5 degrees. Joy. Swell has backed off a lot since yesterday. Nothing like what your boys have been getting. Wetsuit slowing loosening up. But still feel like the Michellen man in my booties and hoodie and 5/4mm. Helps you to surf like a kook

Hang in there Ted, Its character building!

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
7 Jun 2016 11:19AM
Thumbs Up

i like this pic...some charger from south narra

Macaha
QLD, 21885 posts
7 Jun 2016 1:53PM
Thumbs Up

Fantastic picture thank you so much for going to the trouble to post it.

thedrip
WA, 2353 posts
7 Jun 2016 12:23PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said...

Dunno why he is bothering to crouch. Stand tall and proud, son.

Preferrably with arms wide.

Sick pic.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
7 Jun 2016 5:01PM
Thumbs Up

That's one of the best pics I have ever seen !!

Sunset at spot I have been surfing today.

SP
10979 posts
7 Jun 2016 3:23PM
Thumbs Up

Looks like you landed on your feet there Ted. Pretty spot.

Great photo that one Chrispy.
I think this is the same spot
And for scaling purposes that board is a 12ftr..

Ricardo1709
NSW, 1301 posts
7 Jun 2016 5:54PM
Thumbs Up

A mate took this sequence of Queenscliff bombie,how good is that last shot!

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
7 Jun 2016 6:19PM
Thumbs Up

Geez great pics,there's some huge surf around!

MickPC
8266 posts
7 Jun 2016 4:46PM
Thumbs Up

Incredible pics boys

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
7 Jun 2016 7:53PM
Thumbs Up

Is that a mid length great pic and super effort - fully committed.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
7 Jun 2016 7:58PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said...
chrispy said...

Dunno why he is bothering to crouch. Stand tall and proud, son.

Preferrably with arms wide.

Sick pic.

Does anyone know where this pic came from? I want to use it tomorrow in a piece we are writing but need to reference it. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks fellas.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
7 Jun 2016 6:02PM
Thumbs Up

ted the charger is Matt Dunsmore and the pic by Onorati

E T
QLD, 2286 posts
8 Jun 2016 2:15PM
Thumbs Up

That is a beautiful picture SP and a great line up.

ET.

Surf69
WA, 883 posts
8 Jun 2016 1:41PM
Thumbs Up

Thats Epic SP

Drip i reckon that dude CHarging North Narra would love to stand tall but is hangin on for dear life!

And that charger on the bombie...im...Im calling he's riding a 9'0" McTavish fireball.!!!YEW!!

You guys must be loving this , swell, offshores Banks, reef and points..YEW!

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
8 Jun 2016 8:21PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..
As good as the local gets...

That looks like a point break to me - Dixon never looked that good when I lived in Newy Well I am assuming that is Dixon - but things can be deceiving when they look like that !

thedrip
WA, 2353 posts
8 Jun 2016 6:26PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Surf69 said...
Thats Epic SP

Drip i reckon that dude CHarging North Narra would love to stand tall but is hangin on for dear life!

And that charger on the bombie...im...Im calling he's riding a 9'0" McTavish fireball.!!!YEW!!

You guys must be loving this , swell, offshores Banks, reef and points..YEW!

The point off North Narra? Sick.

I was there a few years ago and thought it looked like it would be fun with a bit more size on it.

I didn't mean that much size though. MUMMY!!!

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
8 Jun 2016 8:27PM
Thumbs Up

Whale Beach - taken from Jonas. Looks absolutely huge !

thedrip
WA, 2353 posts
8 Jun 2016 6:35PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said...
Whale Beach - taken from Jonas. Looks absolutely huge !

Nice solid six footer. Bit fat though.

Surf69
WA, 883 posts
8 Jun 2016 8:59PM
Thumbs Up

Whale Beach WHoooaa!

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo