Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
18 Jun 2016 5:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..
Hospital today. The belting has hurt my back.

hope it heals fast mate...

i have sadly missed some good waves the last few days....i hear some hairy being on a 666 will be surfing my local in the morning the lucky bastard

hope the rest of you peeps are getting some

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
19 Jun 2016 4:23PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said...
Hospital today. The belting has hurt my back.

Hope you are ok Drip. Lucky you were 15m from the detonation zone or you might have been in even more trouble. Hang in there.

I finally got back to the beach today after a week in the big smoke and the week before covering the Tassie floods. It such a nice feeling. When you come over the hill after a 60min drive and its offshore and lines to the horizon. Nothing beats it. Would be nice to find someone to surf with though. I know that sounds weird but I hate surfing on my own in places I have never seen surfed before. Especially in the cold. Need to meet some people up here asap. The Tassie boys have been unreal with the knowledge and its paying dividends. Just need someone to play with.

thedrip
WA, 2353 posts
19 Jun 2016 3:19PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Ted and Chrispy. Looks like I may be getting a MRI for disc damage if it doesn't settle. That would suck. Plus an extended break from the water.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
20 Jun 2016 9:42AM
Thumbs Up

How you feeling today Drip?

E T
QLD, 2286 posts
20 Jun 2016 1:17PM
Thumbs Up

Nice photo TED, awesome looking place.

ET.

thedrip
WA, 2353 posts
20 Jun 2016 11:56AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said...

I need help getting dressed. There's no dignity in that.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
20 Jun 2016 12:34PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said...
Ted the Kiwi said...

Your not wearing nappies mate

Cobra
9106 posts
20 Jun 2016 1:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..

Ted the Kiwi said...

all dignity is gone when they wipe it for you.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
20 Jun 2016 3:40PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..
thedrip said..

Ted the Kiwi said...

all dignity is gone when they wipe it for you.

Chrispy often needs help in undressing before bed

Cobra
9106 posts
20 Jun 2016 3:25PM
Thumbs Up

the Point two weeks ago

Macaha
QLD, 21885 posts
20 Jun 2016 6:22PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..
the Point two weeks ago

Unreal so whats happened the past two weeks

Nice shot mate,we have had some freaky weather,from dead flat to over size washing machine beasts,hoping things settle down and we can get back to winter sliders again.

E T
QLD, 2286 posts
20 Jun 2016 7:48PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..
the Point two weeks ago

That looks suspiciously like a point in know of up north.

Wouldnt be a few kms up the road from Baffle Creek would it?

ET.

Cobra
9106 posts
20 Jun 2016 8:36PM
Thumbs Up

It's Redcliff

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
21 Jun 2016 4:08PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed at Rottnest in Wa on teh weekend pretty nice waves Friday and Saturday...offshore 3-5 foot only a couple out....bit of an understatment to say everyone is very skitish about the shark situation

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
21 Jun 2016 3:34PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tux said..
Surfed at Rottnest in Wa on teh weekend pretty nice waves Friday and Saturday...offshore 3-5 foot only a couple out....bit of an understatment to say everyone is very skitish about the shark situation

Any picks

Did you boat or do the ferry and bike ride....

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
21 Jun 2016 5:34PM
Thumbs Up

You are a lucky man - my mate was there the week before and got a big fat ZERO on the wave front

thedrip
WA, 2353 posts
21 Jun 2016 3:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tux said...

And you didn't drop down for a visit? Shame shame shame.

I wouldn't have been useless anyway. Two herniated discs. Scans today. Find out the severity and treatment on Thursday.

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
21 Jun 2016 8:34PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tux said...

That's my happy place tux - so many fun set ups there - but yes sharky as fook

MickPC
8266 posts
22 Jun 2016 12:06AM
Thumbs Up

Hope your all good Drip & that you find someone to surf with Ted. Can relate to both situations pretty well. Maybe try a chiro & remedial massage Drip, can be beneficial in the healing process at least. Ted I could only find people to surf with on the weekends when I was in Apollo & got a lot worse come winter/footy season haha...can imagine it would be damn hard down there, good luck!

....Used to get $10 Rotto Ferry tickets 89/91 through a friend working for Western Power & surfed Stricko's a lot. Never considered it to be sharky really & don't think it would be any shirker than a lot of SW WA/Nth NSW now. But yeah definitely noticed a big diff in people in the water. There were still a fair few on the clean good days, but no one out on the good size swell not so clean days when you would usually get at least a few including myself, I love those conditions. But...incidents like that kinda get you to weigh things up.

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
22 Jun 2016 6:54AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..

Tux said...

I wouldn't have been useless anyway. Two herniated discs. Scans today. Find out the severity and treatment on Thursday.

Yowsers hope you get that sorted soon bro

Nah no pics...was on a boat for 4 days..Rotto still has the best jam and cream buns in the world

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
22 Jun 2016 5:54AM
Thumbs Up

No waves again.....this has been the worst year for me since I was hurt....time too step.**** up

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
22 Jun 2016 8:42AM
Thumbs Up

you are still getting more than me though

Steve78
TAS, 189 posts
22 Jun 2016 9:56AM
Thumbs Up

Where's smh with his daily reports

thedrip
WA, 2353 posts
22 Jun 2016 11:12AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tux said...
thedrip said..

Tux said...

Yowsers hope you get that sorted soon bro

Nah no pics...was on a boat for 4 days..Rotto still has the best jam and cream buns in the world

The fourteen foot glider is looking a really good option - since so far out the back that nothing can ever get me and the take off would be so easy a 90 year old could get to his feet. Turning? Vastly overrated and only driven by those useless professionals who think they are ripping.

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
22 Jun 2016 3:27PM
Thumbs Up

I've been looking at one of those 12ft Munoz superglides for the really really small days

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
22 Jun 2016 5:11PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tux said..
I've been looking at one of those 12ft Munoz superglides for the really really small days

I think OB wants one of those as well - big fan of the Munoz that fella

obct
NSW, 3487 posts
22 Jun 2016 5:25PM
Thumbs Up

I had the 12 footer, but I got rid of it, nothing really wrong with it, but my 10.6 munoz filled that glider void and the 12 footer was just a monster to store.

The guy who bought it already had one, but mine was newer, he loves it and will not surf anything else, but he does not use it on small days, he goes out in the biggest surf possible and sits way out back waiting for his wave.

Then he hammers down the line like he's sitting back in a dirty big limo smoking a giant cigar.

MickPC
8266 posts
23 Jun 2016 2:34AM
Thumbs Up

Same with a local bloke, waits patiently out the back for the bombs on a big day & flies down the line. I call it the blue beast, great board for him

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
23 Jun 2016 7:45AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
obct said..

I had the 12 footer, but I got rid of it, nothing really wrong with it, but my 10.6 munoz filled that glider void and the 12 footer was just a monster to store.

The guy who bought it already had one, but mine was newer, he loves it and will not surf anything else, but he does not use it on small days, he goes out in the biggest surf possible and sits way out back waiting for his wave.

Then he hammers down the line like he's sitting back in a dirty big limo smoking a giant cigar.

Wowsers thats super keen....****ing big boards can be a handful

Teacake
TAS, 1099 posts
23 Jun 2016 9:47AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tux said...
obct said..

Wowsers thats super keen....****ing big boards can be a handful

Or a face full if you're unlucky, or your name is Chrispy

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo