Forums > Surfing Longboarding

Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
MickPC
8266 posts
24 Jul 2016 5:02PM
Thumbs Up

Accidently woke up at 1130 & still felt tired. Was spewing coz I was planning an early. But wind had been dodgy anyway. Just when I was going to have a beer at 1300 I decided to check the wind again & it had turned perfect direction & light. So headed out & had almost glassy overhead waves with 2 other guys.

New board paddled bloody good considering it was my first surf in 6 weeks. Was really fast round steep sections, but lacked drive when on rail in cutbacks. I'd been lazy & just threw in the quad set it came with, nice n easy coz its FCS2 (no screwing around)...but yeah, might work on small days, not overhead. Suspected it would be best as a 2 + 1. Got a bonus 8' carbon (stiff) dolphin to try tomorrow. See how that goes, but I'm thinking a flexy 7' will be the go. Just hope the swell doesn't drop too much.

MickPC
8266 posts
25 Jul 2016 1:05PM
Thumbs Up

Don't ya hate that feeling when you hav'nt surfed for a while & you get out after the first day & your ribs hurt for the first 30 mins. You kinda lower your head to try & distribute your weight or something. But it doesn't work lol...Waves were bigger than I expected today, overhead with a small crowd of the usual suspects. I popped in the 8' & used the small rear quad set fins up front. No shortage of fin. Didn't really get a chance to see if it went better on rail cut backs coz the swell direction & size meant you were gunning it down the line. Specially coz there were 666's & LB's dominating the back bubble. So I had to sit deep on the inside bubble & race through the first section before I had a more playful face to work with. Board felt good, but wanna try the flexy 7' with 4.75 sides tomorrow.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
25 Jul 2016 3:37PM
Thumbs Up

Heaps to much wind today. It's howling offshore but should back off by tomorrow. Plenty of swell here.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
26 Jul 2016 12:35PM
Thumbs Up

Some head high peaks today. Offshore and sunny but the tide wrecked it a bit and it was inconsistent. Cold green water as well. Got a few though

MickPC
8266 posts
26 Jul 2016 4:06PM
Thumbs Up

Good stuff smh, scored a few here too...low surf fitness level had me down by lunch. Friends told me it had been crap all morning & it was just cleaning up. Took the LB out coz I thought it would be smaller. Was too big & sucky for it, so I raced home & got the new board. Mate out there reckoned my new board was best as a quad. So I opted to just chuck the quad set in instead of switching to the flexy 7". Board went way better today, I think the combination of head & 1/2 plus my first time surfing it plus my being out of the water for 6 weeks had sold the quad setup short. Was so much faster than the 2+1 I surfed it as yesterday & turned off the top so much better being able to release the fins a bit. Just not a board for too much overhead, can take some good drops, but yeah give it some shoulder high shoulders & she's a nice ride

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
26 Jul 2016 9:52PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said...
Good stuff smh, scored a few here too...low surf fitness level had me down by lunch. Friends told me it had been crap all morning & it was just cleaning up. Took the LB out coz I thought it would be smaller. Was too big & sucky for it, so I raced home & got the new board. Mate out there reckoned my new board was best as a quad. So I opted to just chuck the quad set in instead of switching to the flexy 7". Board went way better today, I think the combination of head & 1/2 plus my first time surfing it plus my being out of the water for 6 weeks had sold the quad setup short. Was so much faster than the 2+1 I surfed it as yesterday & turned off the top so much better being able to release the fins a bit. Just not a board for too much overhead, can take some good drops, but yeah give it some shoulder high shoulders & she's a nice ride

Keen to see some board pics mate if u keen to share

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
27 Jul 2016 11:44AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..

Sounds good Mick .Howling offshore again today and its flat. Maybe tomorrow when the wind backs off.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
28 Jul 2016 7:15AM
Thumbs Up

the swell we have had has been wasted up here...a bank that was working,is now the relo we dont see anymore cause they stopped giving presents ...gone

Been good for a swim as the water is super clear and not too cold. We have also been watching some crazy whale action,and no i am not drinking at the grand again. they just seem to be way more active this year,some big jumps and not just one or two,they are getting loco out there

swell tomorrow supposedly

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
28 Jul 2016 9:23AM
Thumbs Up

Newly formed Deep gutter out front + smallish ground swell = long fun rights on the longboard this morning - stoked!

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
28 Jul 2016 3:38PM
Thumbs Up

It picked up here today. Got some nice head high waves with a few overhead sets. Nice offshore winds but the banks aren't great . Got a few though and got a few on the head too.

MickPC
8266 posts
28 Jul 2016 7:50PM
Thumbs Up

Good stuff smh & Capitan...that seaweed must have washed away then

NP Captain, will post em up here somewhere & PM. Been meaning to take some pics but been flat out.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
29 Jul 2016 12:46PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..
It picked up here today. Got some nice head high waves with a few overhead sets. Nice offshore winds but the banks aren't great . Got a few though and got a few on the head too.

Should be good down your way today - I flew into Sydney this morning and there were some lovely lines hitting the whole coast. Looked like perfect conditions. Hope you get some.

SP
10979 posts
29 Jul 2016 3:48PM
Thumbs Up

Would have been a nice day for a flight up the coast.

Hopefully I will get wet tomorrow.. Surf has been good all week and I have been working like a slave..

IFocus
WA, 582 posts
29 Jul 2016 4:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..

NP Captain, will post em up here somewhere & PM. Been meaning to take some pics but been flat out.

+1 Yeah would like to see Mick we surf the same waves so interested in what you got

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
31 Jul 2016 11:02AM
Thumbs Up

Best surf for a long time today (not had many recently though) close to my old stomping ground north of Sydney. Stoked. Water is significantly warmer than Tassie ! Some good sized sets fanned by a light offshore and just two of us out. Heaven. Well worth the drive - just checked Dee Why on return and it's absolutely packed

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
31 Jul 2016 12:44PM
Thumbs Up

surfed just behind Blairs rock got some nice ones,I don't know where all the other QLD'ers,Chrispy at his home base maybe but not the other lot

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
31 Jul 2016 1:10PM
Thumbs Up

No surf till tomorrow for me. Busy with other stuff. The boys did score some sliders at a not so quiet bank anymore... Bring in tomorrow

The others who knows.

MickPC
8266 posts
31 Jul 2016 1:22PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
IFocus said..

MickPC said..

+1 Yeah would like to see Mick we surf the same waves so interested in what you got

Will do mate, might even get a bit of video this week...Norm was saying you got some good ones last Sunday, that was a good day. I got out in the arvo. Novelty waves are breaking today

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
31 Jul 2016 2:00PM
Thumbs Up

Windy.and offshore waves in Busselton.

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
1 Aug 2016 9:03AM
Thumbs Up

Saturday morn surfed the local about 3-4 with a few weekend crew on it...maybe 12
Saturday arvo took the new gun out to bells and got barelled..3-4 foot very strong offshore
Sunday had a couple of medicore surfs at a beachie and bells

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
1 Aug 2016 12:54PM
Thumbs Up

Got some nice clean head high lefts today with only two others on the bank.

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
1 Aug 2016 12:32PM
Thumbs Up

WA massive yesterday and today - anyone get any photos?

IFocus
WA, 582 posts
2 Aug 2016 2:40PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ctngoodvibes said..
WA massive yesterday and today - anyone get any photos?

Nah but had a few late avo at G's but not that big by then groms were having a ball inside

MickPC
8266 posts
2 Aug 2016 6:12PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed somewhere I'd been waiting for a big swell & NE winds...decent drive South. It was fun but but waves were better locally. Did'nt take any pics.

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
2 Aug 2016 7:29PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said...
Surfed somewhere I'd been waiting for a big swell & NE winds...decent drive South. It was fun but but waves were better locally. Did'nt take any pics.

Hate those. You have a place, a mythical place, finally surf it and get underwhelmed.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
2 Aug 2016 10:38PM
Thumbs Up

Happens to me a lot lately Drip

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
6 Aug 2016 5:52PM
Thumbs Up

Great waves today - long drive, long walk in and there were even a few others in the water - joy ! Best conditions I have seen since I got here. Pretty cold though - managed to survive without gloves - just

MickPC
8266 posts
6 Aug 2016 4:55PM
Thumbs Up

^ Good stuff mate, I surfed a local beachie the last couple of days (Thurs/Fri)...felt a little warmer yesterday. Others commented on it being the coldest winter & that was a local top surfer in a hoodie so maybe it is, jst hope he drums it into all his mates haha... not sure, apparently NSW has been colder than usual too...but at the end of the day I don't wanna try & compare to Tassie...well done mate...I can only imagine (coz I see no pics)

Cobra
9106 posts
7 Aug 2016 12:50PM
Thumbs Up

surfed the local this morn,hell thats been a long time out of the water.
well the powers to be are calling back to normal weather this year,,looks like they are right so far,,i hope the mexican weather names have farkd off.
so glad to see it back to normal. that Elcrapo ****ed it for years

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo