Al G
NSW, 7663 posts
29 May 2017 5:51PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
climber said..

Al G said..

climber said..
Well ..SSW wind was in this morning and a noticeable chill in the air .... broke out the steamer for the first time this year... water was good, but the flipping air them was "chillin".
Rode the LB for the first time since the GreenRoom roady..had fun on a 2ft NNE swell for an hour...had the word from the wise Surf Animal in my head .."compress and release" , thx SA .. Nice to be wet before taking on the office ...but always tomorrow

Good on ya Climber,ya Goofy foot legend,hows that 10 footer coming along mate

I don't know about the legend status but I can testify to the goofy bit

10fter is in discussions at present.

Cool mate!...

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
29 May 2017 6:32PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Al G said..

Macaha said..

Al G said..

climber said..
Well ..SSW wind was in this morning and a noticeable chill in the air .... broke out the steamer for the first time this year... water was good, but the flipping air them was "chillin".
Rode the LB for the first time since the GreenRoom roady..had fun on a 2ft NNE swell for an hour...had the word from the wise Surf Animal in my head .."compress and release" , thx SA .. Nice to be wet before taking on the office ...but always tomorrow

Yes Climber Mine is on order.

What did you order Mac?...

10 x 23 1/4 x 3 1/8 fireball square tail single set up

Al G
NSW, 7663 posts
29 May 2017 6:53PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

Al G said..

Macaha said..

Al G said..

climber said..

Yes Climber Mine is on order.

What did you order Mac?...

10 x 23 1/4 x 3 1/8 fireball square tail single set up

Cooool!...

Ricardo1709
NSW, 1301 posts
1 Jun 2017 8:13AM
Thumbs Up

MickPC
8266 posts
1 Jun 2017 1:01PM
Thumbs Up

Got woken up at 0430 by the sound of crashing waves, sounded huge. But it was only just over head really fun waves with very few out for the first couple of hours coz the forecast didn't look good. Was cool watching micro rippers warming up for an upcoming comp making the waves look double head & a 1/2 haha

thePup
13831 posts
1 Jun 2017 1:19PM
Thumbs Up

Scored a pretty good just after lunch session at Big A .... southerly blowing like an unfit bastard flattened a lot of the swell at the headland , but after the wait , these great shoulder high wedges would pop up & spread out into the bay .... got 5 or 6 crackers all the way to shore , time for a beer

bazz61
QLD, 3570 posts
1 Jun 2017 3:36PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..
Scored a pretty good just after lunch session at Big A .... southerly blowing like an unfit bastard flattened a lot of the swell at the headland , but after the wait , these great shoulder high wedges would pop up & spread out into the bay .... got 5 or 6 crackers all the way to shore , time for a beer

nice ..tmorow will fire ...

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
2 Jun 2017 1:12PM
Thumbs Up

Asea old/new digs. Slow going between waves on a increasing tide
Thats the problem small increase in wave size on the higher tide.

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
2 Jun 2017 1:35PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

Perfect conditions for long boarding shame you gave it up.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
2 Jun 2017 2:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

laceys lane said..

Perfect conditions for long boarding shame you gave it up.

Yeah. I know lucky i have board to deal with it

MickPC
8266 posts
2 Jun 2017 2:31PM
Thumbs Up

Didn't look like I was gonna get a wave today with a devil wind & 30 or 40 frothing groms on the one place I mighta gone out. But then it pissed down & the wind dropped out at lunchtime. Ended up getting a few fun waves at the local while the kids had lunch

IFocus
WA, 582 posts
2 Jun 2017 6:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..
Didn't look like I was gonna get a wave today with a devil wind & 30 or 40 frothing groms on the one place I mighta gone out. But then it pissed down & the wind dropped out at lunchtime. Ended up getting a few fun waves at the local while the kids had lunch

Good one Mick, Comp has been moved north hopefully crowds with it looking good for the weekend

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
3 Jun 2017 8:55AM
Thumbs Up

Surfed LM first session for winter and it was classic winter peelers with long walls and some walk arounds.

Al G
NSW, 7663 posts
3 Jun 2017 9:38AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Surfed LM first session for winter and it was classic winter peelers with long walls and some walk arounds.

Cool Mac,I'm being lazy today

thePup
13831 posts
3 Jun 2017 8:25AM
Thumbs Up

Good stuff Macahahahahahaha - ha - ha - ha - hahaaaaaaaaa ..... rest day here , had 3 back fangs pulled last evening , got home after 7pm and felt lower than an old chewie wrapper sitting in a garden bed , faken horrible

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
3 Jun 2017 11:50AM
Thumbs Up

4-6ft walls and A frames and some really great waves .. 3hrs of fun ....totally and completely spent now

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
3 Jun 2017 10:12AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
climber said..
4-6ft walls and A frames and some really great waves .. 3hrs of fun ....totally and completely spent now

Beuatiful

Al G
NSW, 7663 posts
3 Jun 2017 1:02PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
climber said..

Good stuff mate,I know it gets like that at your home break "I've seen it",

MickPC
8266 posts
3 Jun 2017 2:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
IFocus said..

MickPC said..

Good one Mick, Comp has been moved north hopefully crowds with it looking good for the weekend

Did you surf mate Friend & I had some fun ones at arachnids on our own...smoking at the local today, no one out due to a third sighting this morning. Took this this photo this morning. Looking heaps better now with still no one out.

IFocus
WA, 582 posts
3 Jun 2017 4:15PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah heard it stayed empty meant to get in this arvo but missed it mate said there were plenty of waves..........tomorrow morning at G's a certainty

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
3 Jun 2017 6:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Al G said..

climber said..

Ok You have found me out hahah. But I was a bit south today. Not far just the other end. Was flipping awesome. How bout your way. Any good. And mate great photo. Go the HK

MickPC
8266 posts
3 Jun 2017 4:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
IFocus said..
Yeah heard it stayed empty meant to get in this arvo but missed it mate said there were plenty of waves..........tomorrow morning at G's a certainty

Crazy thing was there were a fair few crew out there today at G & its only a short swim away for an overgrown fish...Lot of people frothing for tomorrow, I'm working but should get out after lunch once the frothers get there fill. Hope ya score mate

Al G
NSW, 7663 posts
3 Jun 2017 6:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
climber said..

Al G said..

climber said..

Ok You have found me out hahah. But I was a bit south today. Not far just the other end. Was flipping awesome. How bout your way. Any good. And mate great photo. Go the HK

haha,I didn't go for a surf today,there was waves but I was feeling a bit lazy and had a few things to do,will go tomorrow though.That pic is from a few years ago when we went to Crescent,just came back to Port for the night and went along the back way home!...

bazz61
QLD, 3570 posts
3 Jun 2017 8:13PM
Thumbs Up

had an entertaining session at Curumbin this rvo ..not so much the waves which were ok but more of the agro going down in the water ..most of it caused by greedy surfers wanting every wave ...one was a long boarder in a red wettie ...who got dropped in by an older surfer ..now this longboarder was getting plenty and could of let a few go by for others ...low wave count for me but a good work out for the arms ..sweep was strong ...should have gone to Kirra which looked good on the drive by...& not many out ..after having 2 weeks in Coffs area the Goldy is now 1 star surfing for me ...

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
3 Jun 2017 8:16PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bazz61 said..
had an entertaining session at Curumbin this rvo ..not so much the waves which were ok but more of the agro going down in the water ..most of it caused by greedy surfers wanting every wave ...one was a long boarder in a red wettie ...who got dropped in by an older surfer ..now this longboarder was getting plenty and could of let a few go by for others ...low wave count for me but a good work out for the arms ..sweep was strong ...should have gone to Kirra which looked good on the drive by...& not many out ..after having 2 weeks in Coffs area the Goldy is now 1 star surfing for me ...

Pup could do with some company

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
3 Jun 2017 8:43PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bazz61 said..

So . Just another normal day at the alley hey.
Early it was small so for a change i took the 12.6..
Swooped in a few small ones . Then it started increasing in size Snagged a few big ones.
No many will argue with a 12.6 at speed from way out

Ps i get my share then get out of there.

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
3 Jun 2017 7:40PM
Thumbs Up

Fun at the local. These pics are from last Sunday. It was similar but more consistent today and building. This is what longboards are frequently used for here and there is a crew of...ummm....more experienced and discerning gents who own the set waves out here on their longboards. I haven't had the pure longboard out for a while in this stuff, but I do get one of my 9'6" boards out there. I got a bunch of waves last Sunday, but two smoking rights and one great left.

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
4 Jun 2017 9:03AM
Thumbs Up

LM with Lacey and Asea I paddled out and was greeted by some mates who told me 5 mins earlier a shark swan though the line up.Another beautiful winters morning swell dropped overnight but still fun.I delivered a board in the carpark to its new owner and stopped my glories 9.10 in the line up which I sold this week also.

asea
QLD, 5511 posts
4 Jun 2017 10:39AM
Thumbs Up

Surfed LM with the Prez he rules that break he had many surfers out there who bought his rejects and was still directing traffic out there although Lacey took no notice of the Prez shame on him

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
4 Jun 2017 11:09AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
asea said..
Surfed LM with the Prez he rules that break he had many surfers out there who bought his rejects and was still directing traffic out there although Lacey took no notice of the Prez shame on him

I like the way his chest comes out when it less than 2 ft and firing.

Haha. Ill pay for that one im sure

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo