Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
10 Jul 2017 3:48PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

Macaha said..
Beautiful SA, yes Lacey I'm still here laid up until Thursday.

Awesome stuff . Keep up the good work. Great to see. Fantastic

Oh yes its great booked in to see surgeon on my return,I'm having an absolute ball

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
10 Jul 2017 6:35PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

laceys lane said..

Macaha said..
Beautiful SA, yes Lacey I'm still here laid up until Thursday.

Awesome stuff . Keep up the good work. Great to see. Fantastic

Oh yes its great booked in to see surgeon on my return,I'm having an absolute ball

Good to see your on fire

Thrusday is a better day then that saturday last time you left for bali.

You be able to sneak off without the hassle from your subjects

surfanimal
NSW, 1643 posts
10 Jul 2017 7:07PM
Thumbs Up

Super fun down the road today; a touch small out front.

Warm water, sunshine, holidays, family; life's good

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
10 Jul 2017 7:32PM
Thumbs Up

Super nice looking spot SA.

Al G
NSW, 7663 posts
10 Jul 2017 7:44PM
Thumbs Up

Nice spot SA,Rainbow Beach BH.Stayed there a few years back at the Big4looks like ya's are having a good holiday mate,cool

obct
NSW, 3487 posts
10 Jul 2017 7:50PM
Thumbs Up

never surfed the area, only driven through it, but I was very impressed with he scenery, it would not have taken much of a wave to get me to go out.

bazz61
QLD, 3570 posts
10 Jul 2017 8:03PM
Thumbs Up

looks like some good banks

Steve78
TAS, 189 posts
11 Jul 2017 7:33AM
Thumbs Up

Loving the photos SA

surfanimal
NSW, 1643 posts
11 Jul 2017 12:54PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks guys, such a great part of the world here.

Very small again today but the forecast looking up; only 15 mins south it's 3-4 foot though so the birds eye view worth the effort

MickPC
8266 posts
11 Jul 2017 3:00PM
Thumbs Up

Great pics SA, do you have one of those fully pro quadro copter things to take the aerial pics

wavemaniac
465 posts
11 Jul 2017 5:20PM
Thumbs Up

IPhone and hanglider.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
11 Jul 2017 7:39PM
Thumbs Up

North Brother ?

MickPC
8266 posts
11 Jul 2017 5:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
wavemaniac said..
IPhone and hanglider.

LOL now that would be about 100 million times higher than plain awesome, handgliding has been my dream for about 32 years

surfanimal
NSW, 1643 posts
11 Jul 2017 8:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
wavemaniac said..
IPhone and hanglider.

Spot on !

MickPC
8266 posts
11 Jul 2017 7:05PM
Thumbs Up

Wow awesome SA super cool, would love to see more flying footage &OR hear info on your flying rig

surfanimal
NSW, 1643 posts
12 Jul 2017 6:15AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..
Wow awesome SA super cool, would love to see more flying footage &OR hear info on your flying rig

Lol, I call it North Brother Mountain lookout

MickPC
8266 posts
12 Jul 2017 2:38PM
Thumbs Up

lol I thought you'd made that name up, but google says no. I'd never heard of it & have never travelled any part of the coast between Ballina & Melbourne. Reminds me how flat WA is compared to the East coast

Al G
NSW, 7663 posts
12 Jul 2017 5:02PM
Thumbs Up

There are 3 Brother Mountains 2 further down,Middle brother is where our digital booster is for TV reception!...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Brothers(New_South_Wales)

wavemaniac
465 posts
12 Jul 2017 3:35PM
Thumbs Up

And the instrument to capture these great images from NBM is a Nikon P900.A bridge camera that will superzoom from around mid 20mms up to around 2000mm.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
13 Jul 2017 2:38PM
Thumbs Up

Clean offshore waist to shoulder high peaks. A little crowded though. Got a few nice waves but it was a bit inconsistent.

bazz61
QLD, 3570 posts
14 Jul 2017 12:55PM
Thumbs Up

head high peaks ..glassy condition's...nice to have some ridable walls for a change ...waters cooled a bit ...

surfanimal
NSW, 1643 posts
14 Jul 2017 8:59PM
Thumbs Up

After another spectacular sunrise and dolphins playing out front, south was the destination to play with danger as this swell magnet also known as being more than a bit 'Sharky'.
Super nice waves being had though !

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
15 Jul 2017 12:30PM
Thumbs Up

Few ordinarys ones mid goldie

Steve...
NSW, 208 posts
16 Jul 2017 2:48PM
Thumbs Up

Surf was **** today in Newcastle, but i had to take my daughter to work, and i had my board in the car so i checked out Merewether. Yup crap surf, on shore wind, comp on at Merewether so i found a lone bank down the stretch a bit and went for a solo paddle. Then some dude joined me. Another short board hero i thought, but he kept yelling at me to go for it ect. Anyway paddling back out he paddled up to me, thinking i dropped in on him or something then i realised it was Mark Richards. That was it, i was like a kid in a lollie shop. I never shut up, telling him about my computer screen saver with him on it. He said which one. I said, bottom turn, at the pipe in about 1976. He laughed and said that was classic. What a top bloke. We talked for 20min, then he just got a wave and walked home.
Anyway i was stoked and glad i went for a surf.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
16 Jul 2017 1:21PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Steve... said..
Surf was **** today in Newcastle, but i had to take my daughter to work, and i had my board in the car so i checked out Merewether. Yup crap surf, on shore wind, comp on at Merewether so i found a lone bank down the stretch a bit and went for a solo paddle. Then some dude joined me. Another short board hero i thought, but he kept yelling at me to go for it ect. Anyway paddling back out he paddled up to me, thinking i dropped in on him or something then i realised it was Mark Richards. That was it, i was like a kid in a lollie shop. I never shut up, telling him about my computer screen saver with him on it. He said which one. I said, bottom turn, at the pipe in about 1976. He laughed and said that was classic. What a top bloke. We talked for 20min, then he just got a wave and walked home.

and to think you got rewarded even though you were judgemental,small minded and you were expecting the worse from someone you didn't know..i love MR

surfanimal
NSW, 1643 posts
16 Jul 2017 3:24PM
Thumbs Up

That's epic Steve, thanks for sharing !

....cracking day here at home. No waves but just a pearler to hang out down the beach.

Steve...
NSW, 208 posts
16 Jul 2017 3:36PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

Steve... said..

and to think you got rewarded even though you were judgemental,small minded and you were expecting the worse from someone you didn't know..i love MR

Oh for sure, ive be caught out like that so many times. Even though people appear larger than life, we are all human and in this life together.

MickPC
8266 posts
16 Jul 2017 1:47PM
Thumbs Up

beerdead
NSW, 433 posts
16 Jul 2017 8:02PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Steve... said..

Always found him to be a gentleman in the water. Didn't know he still surfed. Apparently he had severe back issues and haven't seen him in the water for years.

Steve...
NSW, 208 posts
16 Jul 2017 8:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
beerdead said..

Steve... said..

Always found him to be a gentleman in the water. Didn't know he still surfed. Apparently he had severe back issues and haven't seen him in the water for years.

Interesting. Well the surf was crap and the couple waves i saw him ride were nothing special. But even pro or ex pro surfers still like a lazy sunday paddle and easy surf.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo