Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
SP
10979 posts
1 Nov 2017 1:43PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..
I'm just about to go back & see if the slight onshore has brought something in dunno hey could do with an arvo session

Tomorrow should be the best day. Longer period and swell direction moving from SSW to S.

obct
NSW, 3487 posts
1 Nov 2017 5:23PM
Thumbs Up

did anyone snap a board today

thePup
13831 posts
1 Nov 2017 3:35PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..

thePup said..
I'm just about to go back & see if the slight onshore has brought something in dunno hey could do with an arvo session

Tomorrow should be the best day. Longer period and swell direction moving from SSW to S.

I bloody hope so Scotty seriously hanging out for some decency - noticed that a slight onshore late this arvo finally started to get some movement happening brother
so we wait with anticipation tonight

Obs there hasn't really been much size enough to snap anything other than a frother's patience hahaha

obct
NSW, 3487 posts
1 Nov 2017 7:23PM
Thumbs Up

let's just wait and see young pupski

thePup
13831 posts
2 Nov 2017 6:33AM
Thumbs Up

Dawn at A - at best probably headhigh , bagged 3 smokers all the way down past the peg that pepped up my day along with catching up with a few legend locals I haven't surfed with for a while

Rating 8.5-9/10 piss easy

bazz61
QLD, 3570 posts
2 Nov 2017 9:04AM
Thumbs Up

11 out at A now waist shoukder height glassy not much push .. need 10 fter

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
2 Nov 2017 9:07AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bazz61 said..
11 out at A now waist shoukder height glassy not much push .. need 10 fter

10 foot noserider Bazz

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
2 Nov 2017 9:08AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..
Dawn at A - at best probably headhigh , bagged 3 smokers all the way down past the peg that pepped up my day along with catching up with a few legend locals I haven't surfed with for a while

Rating 8.5-9/10 piss easy

WOW thats a high rating must have been unreal.

asea
QLD, 5511 posts
2 Nov 2017 10:09AM
Thumbs Up

At the K long rides on the CJ glides unreal got two waves at start and same bloke dropped in so I had words he wants every wave the old fart got out with a smile on the dial and Mac cancell ur order get the CJ 10 ftr

thePup
13831 posts
2 Nov 2017 8:11AM
Thumbs Up

ride quality was better early mate - had more fire to it tide & wind dulled things as it went on , three I snagged were mint & the crew topped it off

thePup
13831 posts
2 Nov 2017 8:12AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
asea said..
At the K long rides on the CJ glides unreal got two waves at start and same bloke dropped in so I had words he wants every wave the old fart got out with a smile on the dial and Mac cancell ur order get the CJ 10 ftr

Go harder you presidential rock hard cock of a thing yeeeeehaaaaaaaa

PS: ahhhhh good old Bobby boy geez hahahaha

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
2 Nov 2017 11:01AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
asea said..

Its about time you ripped into a few mate congratulations

MichaelR
NSW, 855 posts
2 Nov 2017 12:54PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
obct said..

Ummm... I think you're referring to the amazing Diverse 10'1" that's soon to be a little shorter, or longer as the case may be. Apparently Tom said it's an easy fix.

Unfortunately I couldn't hold the board while I eskied under the lip of a rogue. Wrong place at the wrong time. This is the second time I've cracked the nose of this board, first time was further up the nose only about 200mm from the tip. This time though, it's a lot worse. Same beach too, and not on the beach break, it was right out the back supposedly past the critical zone.

The south coast trip will now feature Grace and the old Wayne Deane........ Talk about gutted, and I'd only been out about 20 minutes!

Oh, and this was at our local, Collaroy which really only works when the weather is such as it has been for the last two days.

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
2 Nov 2017 12:46PM
Thumbs Up

FFS talk about doing a number

thePup
13831 posts
2 Nov 2017 1:20PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MichaelR said..

obct said..

Ummm... I think you're referring to the amazing Diverse 10'1" that's soon to be a little shorter, or longer as the case may be. Apparently Tom said it's an easy fix.

Unfortunately I couldn't hold the board while I eskied under the lip of a rogue. Wrong place at the wrong time. This is the second time I've cracked the nose of this board, first time was further up the nose only about 200mm from the tip. This time though, it's a lot worse. Same beach too, and not on the beach break, it was right out the back supposedly past the critical zone.

The south coast trip will now feature Grace and the old Wayne Deane........ Talk about gutted, and I'd only been out about 20 minutes!

Oh, and this was at our local, Collaroy which really only works when the weather is such as it has been for the last two days.

Oh christ mate looks cactus geez hmmmm maybe consider taking the remnants in & getting a carbon copy re-produced hard luck mate hey

SP
10979 posts
2 Nov 2017 1:45PM
Thumbs Up

VIP brave soldier.
That sucks MR.

Al G
NSW, 7663 posts
2 Nov 2017 4:47PM
Thumbs Up

Bummer MR

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
2 Nov 2017 5:51PM
Thumbs Up

Huey does this for a reason. A new board

MichaelR
NSW, 855 posts
2 Nov 2017 7:27PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..

MichaelR said..

obct said..

Oh christ mate looks cactus geez hmmmm maybe consider taking the remnants in & getting a carbon copy re-produced hard luck mate hey

Yes Pup, OB said the same thing. For now, I've taken it down to they guy who repaired it last time. His last repair wasn't the weak point. He said it was eminently repairable for a price. Only paid $500 for it 4 years ago, $150 for the last snap repair and this one will be $300. It'll never look pretty, actually, it never did. It may not even go the same with the extra weight in the nose.

It's worth fixing though. OB used to think he couldn't ride a PU board, so always went epoxy. Until he rode this. Another mate rode it last week and didn't want to give it back, even offered me a swap for one from his extensive quiver. At 94 litres, it's a wave magnet and that's all there is to it. Thanks for the commiserations....

thePup
13831 posts
2 Nov 2017 6:09PM
Thumbs Up

Farkin shame mate really but at least it wasn't Lady Grace .... repair coin could be better directed toward a gleaming newbie I reckon

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
2 Nov 2017 6:42PM
Thumbs Up

Dave is back on the goldy shaping boards again,at pretty low prices as well

obct
NSW, 3487 posts
3 Nov 2017 7:11AM
Thumbs Up

That's a good tip from chrispy
that board was perfectly suited to you and you could make a lot of false steps before you got one just as good

you could save a few bob and just get a clear one with no tail block

maybe spend an extra 50 bucks and get a thicker stringer 10mm perhaps

SP
10979 posts
3 Nov 2017 7:20AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

I think SIDEWAYS surf also does a cheaper version of a few of his boards. Not sure what length or anything but might be worth googling.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
3 Nov 2017 8:07AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..

chrispy said..

I think SIDEWAYS surf also does a cheaper version of a few of his boards. Not sure what length or anything.

Yeh they did, think that might be over? They were all shorty models as well ib think, again I will check. . But he is doing his own shapes again here,at below other brands prices (whorehouse and co are cheaper again)

And I'm with obct in if that board was "magic" I would get another one no questions

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
3 Nov 2017 10:47AM
Thumbs Up

Boys magic doesnt happen twice. Believe me

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
3 Nov 2017 8:49AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..
Boys magic doesnt happen twice. Believe me

On a longboard it would have to be close,surely ....

and I've never had a magic board . I have just been magic at times with a board that I liked in photos

That same feeling i get when all my chakras align after a nice 55c soydecaffetearsofthebutthurt mocha with a hint of organic vanilla as i twirl that pod , my stirring utensil...that kind of magic and oneness

thePup
13831 posts
3 Nov 2017 12:46PM
Thumbs Up

Another priceless pre-dawn fang at the Rocks - frothed to sign , seal & deliver 2 particular smokers

PS: Great to have Bazza down good guy one more plus for the Greenroom membership

MickPC
8266 posts
3 Nov 2017 2:35PM
Thumbs Up

Had some fun uncrowded waves the last few days. Caught the last remnent of swell at the local beachie today, even a few micro barrels for a change

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
3 Nov 2017 4:38PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..
Had some fun uncrowded waves the last few days. Caught the last remnent of swell at the local beachie today, even a few micro barrels for a change

Good for you. I fear that's the end of it for at least a week.

Twimby
WA, 483 posts
3 Nov 2017 7:39PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..

Got the tail end of the swell solo run as well, up you know where this arvo. Of course there was a 5.3 attached to the 7'6" Quad.
Pup you not in Qld anymore, where you living?

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo