Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
McGuane
484 posts
28 Apr 2018 5:23PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..
Walked up and over the hill to the beach and its howling south east and messy. May not get another surf in for a week as I'm heading out west and will be hiking and fishing . Going to demo a few boards when I get back so that'll be something to look forward to.

Looking forward to hearing what you come up with, SMH. You have great taste in boards and barges.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
28 Apr 2018 9:35PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
McGuane said..

smh said..
Walked up and over the hill to the beach and its howling south east and messy. May not get another surf in for a week as I'm heading out west and will be hiking and fishing . Going to demo a few boards when I get back so that'll be something to look forward to.

Looking forward to hearing what you come up with, SMH. You have great taste in boards and barges.

Haven't had a newie in almost 3 years McGuane so will need to try a few out . Thinking about a Smik twin fin.

Cobra
9106 posts
29 Apr 2018 2:13PM
Thumbs Up

Got a nice wave at the bottom of the tide today at a point down the road.
sorry Gwatto.

GWatto
QLD, 388 posts
29 Apr 2018 8:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..
Got a nice wave at the bottom of the tide today at a point down the road.
sorry Gwatto.

No worries Cobra, glad you got some.
Glad those Canadians got their boards back

Cobra
9106 posts
30 Apr 2018 12:09PM
Thumbs Up

3 backpackers approached me after my surf today one challenged me that I hit his wife in the surf.
accused me of deliberately hitter her as I was a good surfer and I could of avoided her.
i was going fine explaining that you shouldn't drop in and especially when you have no control of the board
and no idea of surf rules I assured him I tried too avoid her.
he argued that it was my fault soooooo i lost it said **** off hands fist your Anderson
you walk up that beach look at the surfboard with the rules painted on it.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Cobra
9106 posts
30 Apr 2018 12:31PM
Thumbs Up

Honestly I can see the **** hitting the fan soon.
surf schools hitting the points here and backpackers hiring a board thinking that's the place to go and party wave
without knowing the rules.

GWatto
QLD, 388 posts
30 Apr 2018 6:07PM
Thumbs Up

Tell Grom to ensure he teaches em the rules

Cobra
9106 posts
1 May 2018 4:18AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GWatto said..
Tell Grom to ensure he teaches em the rules

That will come at an extra cost.

surfbroker
NSW, 1488 posts
1 May 2018 7:22AM
Thumbs Up

I'm going up to Cooly in a couple of weeks and am thinking of not taking a board..I hate crowds, especially kooks..just last Friday at my local a backpacker chicky babe was desperately trying to paddle into a wave I had already been on for a while..I called out (no change) so I just went around her but it p!sses me off these kooks

And also against her was she was wearing a full wettie..now a bikini might have changed my attitude

MickPC
8266 posts
1 May 2018 7:57PM
Thumbs Up

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
2 May 2018 5:05AM
Thumbs Up

Only the points are the go here atm,and yeh nah on that one.

I'm hoping our beautiful banks survive up here

Cobra
9106 posts
2 May 2018 11:43AM
Thumbs Up

The swell has dropped right out now.
Time to fix the boat trailer lights.

Cobra
9106 posts
3 May 2018 12:36PM
Thumbs Up

Small wave at the point today not a wetsuit in sight and the sun on the back
get that up you southerners

SP
10979 posts
3 May 2018 12:58PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..

Good work mate..
27, balmy and warm enough for boardies today.. Bit cool early but once the sun is up the weather is great and water is still warm.. Swell dropped today so only back to a 6/10.

Cobra
9106 posts
3 May 2018 2:57PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..

Cobra said..

Good work mate..
27, balmy and warm enough for boardies today.. Bit cool early but once the sun is up the weather is great and water is still warm.. Swell dropped today so only back to a 6/10.

Nice SP but I'm seeing wetsuits

MickPC
8266 posts
3 May 2018 4:32PM
Thumbs Up

Some fun yet greatly contested waves today...wore a springy & came out with numb feet...its getting a bit chilly

McGuane
484 posts
3 May 2018 5:20PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..

McGuane said..

smh said..

Haven't had a newie in almost 3 years McGuane so will need to try a few out . Thinking about a Smik twin fin.

Hope you are catching a few, SMH. Fish pics or it didn't happen.
And yeah, I am back on the search for the perfect "daily drive" board. I know the perfect one doesn't exist, but nevertheless the search continues.

SP
10979 posts
3 May 2018 6:56PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..

SP said..

Cobra said..

Good work mate..

Nice SP but I'm seeing wetsuits

Cool early. Once the sun warms up its good. Plenty of blokes have gone for the steamer to early. Water is still 20. I wore a springy yesterday thinking it was cold and nearly died of heat exhaustion

Cobra
9106 posts
3 May 2018 7:36PM
Thumbs Up

Yep I get it SP it's just habit really.

Cobra
9106 posts
7 May 2018 2:51PM
Thumbs Up

Bit of wind drop at home so went for a look and found a wave all to myself.
just got home feeling spent luv that feeling.

Cobra
9106 posts
8 May 2018 2:55PM
Thumbs Up

Just got back from a sesh at the local fullish chest hi wave so the 666 got he thumbs up.
neap tides that's how it goes. So wherever you're lurking get amongst it you freaks.
if you get sick of lurking go watch a movie on Netflix called Lobster you'd love it
its ****n sick I loved it.

MickPC
8266 posts
8 May 2018 11:03PM
Thumbs Up

hahaha The Lobster, hellz yeah bro epic movie. I love bizzare movies like that its almost on par with Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas. Have come close to starting a Recommended Movies thread plenty of times in the past after watching movies like that. Have seen so many great movies, a thread like that would be handy for reflection as well as recommendation

On surfing front I've felt too drained from work to even look at the beach lately, but will get some freedom after a couple more work days & an annoying have to do city mission Friday. Surf forecasts looking good for my days off & stoked to have been invited to take some band photos for an upcoming gig

Cobra
9106 posts
9 May 2018 7:52AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..
hahaha The Lobster, hellz yeah bro epic movie. I love bizzare movies like that its almost on par with Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas. Have come close to starting a Recommended Movies thread plenty of times in the past after watching movies like that. Have seen so many great movies, a thread like that would be handy for reflection as well as recommendation

On surfing front I've felt too drained from work to even look at the beach lately, but will get some freedom after a couple more work days & an annoying have to do city mission Friday. Surf forecasts looking good for my days off & stoked to have been invited to take some band photos for an upcoming gig

Hey mick have you seen Dead man with J Depp, that Indian cracked me but the Neil young riff ends up
driving you crazy

on the surf front I think I'll go working in the garden today, hope the waves are on for the other frothers
SMH must be on day shift

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
9 May 2018 4:25PM
Thumbs Up

Have had some fun waves over the week.

Boardies ,zinc and a board is all that is needed here atm, bring on tomorrow

Smh is just living large on his holiday. Hope it is better than planned mate

MickPC
8266 posts
9 May 2018 10:31PM
Thumbs Up

Nah havn't seen that one Cobra, will check it out.....snuck in a quick 90 min sesh before work today. Tested my new neck zip quicky springy that arrived yesterday, super flexy coz no back zip. Very happy with it, waves were good too

Daneli Returns
NSW, 160 posts
10 May 2018 10:16AM
Thumbs Up

Sunny Coast turned it on this morning.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
10 May 2018 2:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
CTS67 said..
Sunny Coast turned it on this morning.

Same here on the goldy. Two surfs in today and I'm roo Ted

mpg56
NSW, 14 posts
19 May 2018 12:40PM
Thumbs Up

Northern beaches of Sydney.waves all along the beach kept the crowd spread out. Also the traffic was that bad maybe not many could get to the beach. Fun waves.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
19 May 2018 4:31PM
Thumbs Up

Paddled Port Hacking today . Starting back surfing on Monday after over two weeks out west ( which I always enjoy ) noticed the water has cooled down a fair bit so I might be wearing the steamer .

Al G
NSW, 7658 posts
20 May 2018 6:46PM
Thumbs Up

Had a surf Satdy morning with the boys from Blackhead Longboarders,great bunch of blokes.It was their 20 anniversary,joining the club soon

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo