Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
agnak
311 posts
1 Jul 2015 1:23PM
Thumbs Up

..well now that that`s cleared up here`s one from the other day.

bene313
WA, 1347 posts
1 Jul 2015 1:36PM
Thumbs Up

^ well... that I would believe could constitute a 170m ride... if he makes it.

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
1 Jul 2015 5:07PM
Thumbs Up

That's Kanga taking the piss, it's really just a neg image of Clayton's.

agnak
311 posts
1 Jul 2015 5:16PM
Thumbs Up

mick were you in town here a couple weeks ago??

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
1 Jul 2015 5:35PM
Thumbs Up

Not me mate but I was nearly there on Saturday gone, got as far as the cove and couldn't find anything surfable so turned around and headed back.

bene313
WA, 1347 posts
1 Jul 2015 9:49PM
Thumbs Up

Actually, the MCG measures 160 metres goal to goal. Mind-surf that!

bolgo
WA, 881 posts
2 Jul 2015 6:26AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..

smicko said..
So 170m at Clayton's JB? Have a play on google earth and suss it out. Even if you took off at the slab and made it past the bubble it still means you made it all the way to Rambos. Is that about how it went?
90m is about right for the Spot if you do the same exercise, still a very good one and about as long as you could get.

Try it. Maybe you should get that flash watch checked?

Maybe, its nice to see you're that concerned to wast so much time on it, just sharing what the watch said Personally i didn't give it a second thought, i was just sharing, but luckily you really do know everything and you've made such an effort to try prove it

bloody funny

i reckon 170m a season at scabs these days

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
2 Jul 2015 10:19AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smicko said..
So 170m at Clayton's JB? Have a play on google earth and suss it out. Even if you took off at the slab and made it past the bubble it still means you made it all the way to Rambos. Is that about how it went?
90m is about right for the Spot if you do the same exercise, still a very good one and about as long as you could get.

Try it. Maybe you should get that flash watch checked?

Actually looking at the beach today i was curious of the distance. So i played your game and went to google earth and actually the wave you talk about, of the bubble and to rambos would be very nice, but that is more like 500 plus meters in a straight line. The pick below shows about the take of and finish from my memory and it works on a straight line, taking into account no side waves traversing at all. Both the line are around 150 m according to google earth so maybe thats also incorrect Smicko

Also i just noticed the beach is about half that so i really can't see the big issue. I think that was one point of interest i found with my Ripcord watch, is just how far we can travel, especially over a surf in total

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
2 Jul 2015 10:23AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bene313 said..
Actually, the MCG measures 160 metres goal to goal. Mind-surf that!

When you think of it that way, its does seem ridiculous. But as i said, i was only going of what the watch says, and now goggle earth also supports the distance

Out of curiosity i have emailed Ripcurl asking out of curiosity, and will wait to see what there reply is

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
2 Jul 2015 10:30AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bjshack said..

... my Ripcord watch ...

I think I found the problem.

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
2 Jul 2015 10:31AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bjshack said..
... and now goggle earth also supports the distance

trevor1
WA, 598 posts
2 Jul 2015 11:49AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Legion said..

bjshack said..

... my Ripcord watch ...

Well ... I guess it ("ripcord" watch) is something you would pull

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
2 Jul 2015 12:25PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Legion said..

bjshack said..
... and now goggle earth also supports the distance

Im glad that at least i give you reason to post in the Surf updates thread

I don't think you've ever posted anything about your actual surfing

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
2 Jul 2015 1:45PM
Thumbs Up

Probably because I don't surf.

bene313
WA, 1347 posts
2 Jul 2015 2:25PM
Thumbs Up

Off to Bali in a couple of days. Gonna pick myself up a new Ripcord watch and Oklay sunnies!

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
2 Jul 2015 2:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Legion said..
Probably because I don't surf.

So it would seem..

Johnfergo
WA, 3 posts
2 Jul 2015 5:28PM
Thumbs Up

went out at Claytons late that Saturday afternoon.. boogs killing it, got a couple, got real steep real fast. thought i would end up breaking my board or neck. Bit more forgiving 25mins north. Sunday morning was excellent at this wave

genuine
332 posts
6 Jul 2015 9:22AM
Thumbs Up

local beachies were the go on the the weekend, awesome waves

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
6 Jul 2015 1:59PM
Thumbs Up

Was very much a hit & miss affair at Trigg this morning. Looked better than it was... hard to hold position in the Northerly drift and the majority were still too straight... still, the water is still quite OK and despite being school holidays there were not that many groms out there (which surprised me).

MickCam
WA, 129 posts
6 Jul 2015 2:37PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
genuine said..
local beachies were the go on the the weekend, awesome waves

Don't where you were at or what time you surfed, but I attempted to surf Trigg Carpark Saturday morning....
Lumpy, straight, backwash-ridden ****e. Caught 3 waves and went in.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I suppose.

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
6 Jul 2015 8:18PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GPA said..
Was very much a hit & miss affair at Trigg this morning. Looked better than it was... hard to hold position in the Northerly drift and the majority were still too straight... still, the water is still quite OK and despite being school holidays there were not that many groms out there (which surprised me).

Had a few cracker waves just north of ob city, some really good rips were working where we were.

Zuke
901 posts
9 Jul 2015 5:32PM
Thumbs Up

It was glorious out on the water today, not a great pic as I was in a hurry to get out there but it gives you an idea.

Buster fin
WA, 2573 posts
9 Jul 2015 5:48PM
Thumbs Up

Yes it does

byf
WA, 512 posts
9 Jul 2015 6:35PM
Thumbs Up

Zuke = Winning

Zuke
901 posts
9 Jul 2015 8:10PM
Thumbs Up

I'm sure there were plenty of winners today byf with the great conditions. I hope you've been getting a few too mate with the good run of swells and conditions lately.

agnak
311 posts
11 Jul 2015 10:08AM
Thumbs Up

few dolphins out there on thursday.

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
11 Jul 2015 2:05PM
Thumbs Up

LBB was very disappointing this morning. Lumpy, shifty and inconsistent shoulder high wedges at 8:15am... SSE strengthened and then the rips came to reek havoc... some nice walls and a bowly take-off if you were lucky, but for the most part it was very ordinary. Swell had dropped noticeably by 10:30am.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
11 Jul 2015 6:20PM
Thumbs Up

Fun little knee high runners but with a summer board, enjoyable enough. Bloody chilly though

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
11 Jul 2015 9:34PM
Thumbs Up

Rippy but nice banks where I surfed

mocha1
WA, 932 posts
13 Jul 2015 8:07PM
Thumbs Up

Yeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww. Great arvo waves at ........ 6 blokes in the water sharing waves ( thanks boys)
beer or two on the way home
butter chicken in the thermomix
more beers and
Jbay on the Tv
LIFE IS GOOD

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie