Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
Legion
WA, 2222 posts
10 Jun 2015 9:37AM
Thumbs Up

Only had one appointment with a doc to start. X-rays tomorrow. Probably just MCL but could be meniscus, I'll know in a couple of weeks. Backhand snap gone awry.

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
10 Jun 2015 10:11AM
Thumbs Up

Legion, was that you I was surfing close to at Cott last week? You still got a board with blueish rails?

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
10 Jun 2015 11:12AM
Thumbs Up

It was me on the storm day two weeks ago but not last week. I only surfed there once last week, maybe on Wednesday? Or Tuesday? A day with light WNW winds. And you weren't near me, I knew the guys near me. No blue rails, that's more another seabreezer's theme.

Actually, maybe I did surf there another strong onshore day with heaps of crew. That was probably last week, Tuesday? Decent W wind. Yeah, maybe. I guess in certain light you could think my rails were blue.

Twimby
WA, 482 posts
10 Jun 2015 2:25PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Legion said..
Only had one appointment with a doc to start. X-rays tomorrow. Probably just MCL but could be meniscus, I'll know in a couple of weeks. Backhand snap gone awry.

Bad luck. I did mine last year, MCL only.

I have been mountain biking last couple of years and getting on the bike after the 6 weeks
was good for recovery.

Got bored doing the physio stuff

MickPC
8266 posts
10 Jun 2015 2:44PM
Thumbs Up

Hope its not your miniscus Legion, that would be a bitch. I did mine when I was 22 skating down Hasting's st from the White Sands. Knee still gives out 21 years later if I jump off something over 2 feet & my knees aren't bent enough. Worst feeling ever

Buster fin
WA, 2575 posts
10 Jun 2015 9:25PM
Thumbs Up

thedrip
WA, 2353 posts
10 Jun 2015 10:25PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Legion said...

Good luck with that. I did exactly the same turn with a twist 15 years ago and tore the kneecap cartilage. It was the start of my knee and ankle issues.

genuine
332 posts
18 Jun 2015 8:48AM
Thumbs Up

looks like some swell on the way

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
18 Jun 2015 3:18PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
genuine said..
looks like some swell on the way

Had some little waves of joy last night, after being out of the water for 7 days can i ask what happened to the water temp, it was ridiculous

bolgo
WA, 881 posts
18 Jun 2015 7:07PM
Thumbs Up

cracking lefties on tues am
rising deep period swell groomed by chilly offshore
not big (didn't break on bubble but v high tide)
good shape, crowd not too bad early

fn cold, lots of hoods on

interestingly seaweed now growing on previously nude reef - ?rising ocean
tides seem pretty high consistently noe

thedrip
WA, 2353 posts
18 Jun 2015 7:16PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bolgo said...

The growth on the reefs down here is seasonal. Yals can be a padded delight or a bed of sharpened nails to walk on. Generally higher water in winter equals more reef vegetation. Try it again in spring - it will be nude again.

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
18 Jun 2015 9:04PM
Thumbs Up

Glad I worked a ten hour day today, would've sucked to have been surfing this instead. Photo swiped from swellsup.

agnak
311 posts
19 Jun 2015 11:52AM
Thumbs Up

you`d have to wouldn`t you?

bene313
WA, 1347 posts
23 Jun 2015 5:48PM
Thumbs Up

No surf reports today?

Buster fin
WA, 2575 posts
23 Jun 2015 5:51PM
Thumbs Up

Everyone's too surfed out. 'cept me. I'm just lazy.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
23 Jun 2015 9:28PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bene313 said..
No surf reports today?

I went out but it was just too shifty for me and the best part was not snapping out a fin, (When it decided to stab me in the back) but cutting my wetsuit so now I'm forced to by a new one

Buster fin
WA, 2575 posts
23 Jun 2015 9:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..

bene313 said..
No surf reports today?

I went out but it was just too shifty for me and the best part was not snapping out a fin, (When it decided to stab me in the back) but cutting my wetsuit so now I'm forced to by a new one

Never heard of repairing a wetsuit....mmmmm mmmm, not me!

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
23 Jun 2015 9:53PM
Thumbs Up

Contact JAM wetsuit repairs in Greenwood...

Greenroom
WA, 7608 posts
23 Jun 2015 11:35PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bene313 said...
No surf reports today?

Didn't want to make a fuss but here it is anyway. Empty as usual and all by myself

bolgo
WA, 881 posts
24 Jun 2015 7:27AM
Thumbs Up

nice green room

trigg ****e yestrday
gutleess 'waves"
didn't actually seem to b any ground swell

thurs looks promising, north the go

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
24 Jun 2015 12:09PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Buster fin said..

jbshack said..

bene313 said..
No surf reports today?

Never heard of repairing a wetsuit....mmmmm mmmm, not me!

Its into its 4th season and have been thinking of changing it out anyway. Around the neck line is a little worse for wear and i wonder about the stretch. I just rang Surfstitch and asked when they would have another big sale. She said not for sometime but gave me a special code and 20% off. So just ordered the same wetsuit Xcel Infiniti for $320 landed.. Not bad really

bolgo
WA, 881 posts
24 Jun 2015 1:20PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..

bolgo said...

The growth on the reefs down here is seasonal. Yals can be a padded delight or a bed of sharpened nails to walk on. Generally higher water in winter equals more reef vegetation. Try it again in spring - it will be nude again.

funny been out over that reef for last 30yrs, cant remember that level of weed growth there or on that stretch back to the carpark...
mind u I cant remember what I had for breakfast these days, so not surprising really
makes for a new experience everytime, groundhog day!!

genuine
332 posts
29 Jun 2015 9:39AM
Thumbs Up

few beatings on the weekend and stories of broken boats and boards.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
29 Jun 2015 12:44PM
Thumbs Up

I went out yesterday and was simply happy to make it back in on a wave safety. Well out of my limit. I probably should have twigged when a couple of young locals told me its getting too steep..

Today however it was slightly smaller and super clean. A bit of back wash to deal with but needless to say, loads of fun and some absolute gems rolling in. Still up their in size and a few massive perfect A bombs rolled under me leaving me screaming for the same, but just smaller. Sadly the two others had headed in, out on my own became a little spooky, especially when the biggest clump of weed grabbed my leg rope whilst paddling

Anyway managed my longest recorded wave, ( for this spot) nearly 170 meters and 29.2 km an hour, Spewing i had to leave come to work...

Photos don't do it justice, (I phone and a long way off) but thought id share anyway.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
29 Jun 2015 12:49PM
Thumbs Up

A couple of picks my daughter took (Also on the I phone) yesterday
These were a few inside waves with a bit of shape, sets were out of control and the Boogers were going crazy taking of on anything

Andy T
WA, 325 posts
29 Jun 2015 1:54PM
Thumbs Up

South of Perth

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
29 Jun 2015 8:54PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..
I went out yesterday and was simply happy to make it back in on a wave safety. Well out of my limit. I probably should have twigged when a couple of young locals told me its getting too steep..

Today however it was slightly smaller and super clean. A bit of back wash to deal with but needless to say, loads of fun and some absolute gems rolling in. Still up their in size and a few massive perfect A bombs rolled under me leaving me screaming for the same, but just smaller. Sadly the two others had headed in, out on my own became a little spooky, especially when the biggest clump of weed grabbed my leg rope whilst paddling

Anyway managed my longest recorded wave, ( for this spot) nearly 170 meters and 29.2 km an hour, Spewing i had to leave come to work...

Photos don't do it justice, (I phone and a long way off) but thought id share anyway.

170m at Clayton's? 170m would take you all the way from (the most optimistic of take off points) right through to at least Rambo's. Maybe that was total distance ridden for the session?

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
30 Jun 2015 10:49AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smicko said..

jbshack said..

170m at Clayton's? 170m would take you all the way from (the most optimistic of take off points) right through to at least Rambo's. Maybe that was total distance ridden for the session?

Total distance 3.7 km moved, i exaggerated the ride sorry, it was 166 m and 29.2 km an hour. 58 minutes surf time

My previous longest ride in summer can be around 70m ish and Spot around 90 m..

But hey, i guess you'd know SMicko

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
30 Jun 2015 7:23PM
Thumbs Up

So 170m at Clayton's JB? Have a play on google earth and suss it out. Even if you took off at the slab and made it past the bubble it still means you made it all the way to Rambos. Is that about how it went?
90m is about right for the Spot if you do the same exercise, still a very good one and about as long as you could get.

Try it. Maybe you should get that flash watch checked?

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
1 Jul 2015 11:50AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smicko said..
So 170m at Clayton's JB? Have a play on google earth and suss it out. Even if you took off at the slab and made it past the bubble it still means you made it all the way to Rambos. Is that about how it went?
90m is about right for the Spot if you do the same exercise, still a very good one and about as long as you could get.

Try it. Maybe you should get that flash watch checked?

Maybe, its nice to see you're that concerned to wast so much time on it, just sharing what the watch said Personally i didn't give it a second thought, i was just sharing, but luckily you really do know everything and you've made such an effort to try prove it

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie