Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
27 Mar 2016 9:39AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
subasurf said..

DARTH said...
Had a light paddle at Trigg Point, small but a few coming through. Perfect conditions except for an inconsiderate longboarder with no leggie. Lucky he didn't take out a fella teaching his kids to surf in close. Got me tho.......

That's worthy of palming a few fins out of the board.

It was a big single fin, it did cross my mind.

I was in a great mood before that had a good little surf everyone seemed happy and not many drop ins that I saw. One in every crowd I spose

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
27 Mar 2016 5:34PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smicko said...
I got a couple for you Scooby.

Canon 550D?

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
27 Mar 2016 8:00PM
Thumbs Up

Yup, still need to download all the pics and see if there's any good ones there. Pretty good trip, good waves every day with a couple of really good days and only one day of the ****s.

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
2 Apr 2016 2:20PM
Thumbs Up

Anyone get anything decent from this swell today?

I drove an hour south to join the crowds at a secret spot... whilst it was a touch over head high, it was pretty straight and quite dumpy. Only got two i was happy with...

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
2 Apr 2016 3:24PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GPA said..

I drove an hour south to join the crowds at a secret spot... whilst it was a touch over head high, it was pretty straight and quite dumpy. Only got two i was happy with...

Went south, busy but good.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
2 Apr 2016 4:22PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DARTH said..

GPA said..

I have been watching the swell on my phone and was so excited. A little confused when the 4 m prediction wasn't showing up, until realised i was still set on Cap Nat buoy

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
2 Apr 2016 5:16PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..

DARTH said..

GPA said..

I have been watching the swell on my phone and was so excited. A little confused when the 4 m prediction wasn't showing up, until realised i was still set on Cap Nat buoy

Razzonater
2224 posts
2 Apr 2016 6:14PM
Thumbs Up

lbb pretty ordinary dont know if it was banks or tide but 3/10 waist height maybe bit bigger

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
2 Apr 2016 7:18PM
Thumbs Up

Plenty of size north of you Razz but crap shape, I had a kip in the car.

LateStarter
WA, 589 posts
3 Apr 2016 10:17AM
Thumbs Up

Went for a bash on Saturday at a southern beachie.

Shallow, straight and bloody crowded! A ding repairer's wet dream!

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
3 Apr 2016 1:05PM
Thumbs Up

My mellow beach wasn't working so ended up at Perths premier northern spot.. A few nice waves rolling in but with a crowd that would sell out a stadium

People paddling and taking of even whilst a rider is up and going..Then they proceed to justify it by saying "You shouldn't sit inside me"

Worst surf I've had in a long time, i really don't miss that joint..I was introduced to a nice coffee place, so not all a loss..

A few waves that rolled through and were had, some of the best i have seen though in a long time..

Buster fin
WA, 2573 posts
3 Apr 2016 4:23PM
Thumbs Up

Yep, a decent drive took me from mega stressed by sheer numbers , to blissed out by a newfound solitary point. 3rd grade but smiling. The search lives on.

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
3 Apr 2016 6:33PM
Thumbs Up

Went a little south of SH, but it was not really breaking, so back to the crowds... however as it was only waist to chest the numbers were well down on yesterday's zoo. About 10:30 or so the swell jumped with the tide and it was quite good for about 40min or so until the rips and the wind started getting the better of it...

mocha1
WA, 932 posts
3 Apr 2016 7:37PM
Thumbs Up

Only 45 out at The Spot, even had 15 blokes surfing to the far inside of nails, 5 guys per wave when one actually came through
watched from carpark vomited in my mouth and left to vomit again at the Eagles game....all in all this weekend sucked fat salty balls

oh well 8 days of great waves in Lombok only 2 weeks ago...win some lose lots

Souwester
WA, 1258 posts
3 Apr 2016 8:00PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..
My mellow beach wasn't working so ended up at Perths premier northern spot.. A few nice waves rolling in but with a crowd that would sell out a stadium

People paddling and taking of even whilst a rider is up and going..Then they proceed to justify it by saying "You shouldn't sit inside me"

Worst surf I've had in a long time, i really don't miss that joint..I was introduced to a nice coffee place, so not all a loss..

A few waves that rolled through and were had, some of the best i have seen though in a long time..

I hear ya JB, weather was sweet, still had a good time and got a coupe of fun ones but saw some pretty s**t behaviour, just shook my head and paddled where there was less crowd, at least when they come through there I don't have to fight the 'Inside Warriors' and 'Drop in kings'.

All in all I just find a way to deal with it all that lets me keep my sanity. Ill be buggered if I will let some tools wreck my morning surf or force me to leave my morals at the waterline!

Cant see it getting less crowded anytime soon. Nice to hear a few guys are still thinking outside of the square and scoring though. Looking forward to seeing the mellow beach when its working JB!

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
3 Apr 2016 8:06PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^
Made the same mistake on the last weekend swell we had. Wasn't even going to bother but at last minute decided to paddle out in the dark ...had 45 mins with only one other dude out. Got out of the water just as the masses descended. Wasn't expecting much at all so was better then expected. But then again I'm desperate!

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
3 Apr 2016 8:38PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Souwester said..

jbshack said..

I hear ya JB, weather was sweet, still had a good time and got a coupe of fun ones but saw some pretty s**t behaviour, just shook my head and paddled where there was less crowd, at least when they come through there I don't have to fight the 'Inside Warriors' and 'Drop in kings'.

All in all I just find a way to deal with it all that lets me keep my sanity. Ill be buggered if I will let some tools wreck my morning surf or force me to leave my morals at the waterline!

Cant see it getting less crowded anytime soon. Nice to hear a few guys are still thinking outside of the square and scoring though. Looking forward to seeing the mellow beach when its working JB!

Haha ill have to get me a burka and fake bomb vest to wear

As i said some guys were killing it.. In all my struggle some guy paddles out and on a decent long board foamy and starts taking of fin backwards, doing spins and slides that i don't even know the name for

All entertaining enough..

JulianRoss
WA, 542 posts
4 Apr 2016 8:46AM
Thumbs Up

I managed to snare a few on Saturday at an uncrowded wave that gave me a spanking about 10 years ago... I was fantastic to put those demons to rest!!

esoom
WA, 119 posts
4 Apr 2016 10:05AM
Thumbs Up

Apparentley a few spankings were handed out down south at a well known beachie on Sat morning.
Swell was still hanging around on Sunday, lots of around !

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
7 Apr 2016 7:01PM
Thumbs Up

Sunday

Buster fin
WA, 2573 posts
7 Apr 2016 7:34PM
Thumbs Up

You've said that before... I'll no be fooled again.

Hopefully.

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
7 Apr 2016 8:19PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Buster fin said..

Hopefully.

I know, trying to be optimistic

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
7 Apr 2016 8:24PM
Thumbs Up

Surf69
WA, 883 posts
7 Apr 2016 10:37PM
Thumbs Up

I'm not going to get a wave for a month so will hopefully see some good sessions here. Tis the season for epic surf upon us!

JBShack, it turned on the Thursday after you headed back up bummer. Last Friday surfed a rather well known but fickle right hander down here breaking well over head and quite a way out, between 6-8 people in the water, generally pretty good fun, a little full and not holding the bigger sets that came with the 5 m swell...but good fun and some seriously long rides when on the right ones.

Saturday started out with a solo sesh a while West of the right on a nice solid left hander at head and a half, pretty heavy and a little daunting being alone and session was cut short by the presence of an unidentified shape that saw me rattled and back on the beach quick smart then driving back to the right hander for another crack in the safety of the 10 strong crowd.

Saturday still a bit of swell around for the Junior series of the local board riders, kept the kids honest and the judges entertained with the swell gradually dropping throughout the day and the last of the thumper sets seen around 1.30 in the arvo, great day had by all and another successful comp.

Monday one of JBs favorite beachies down here was going off its proverbial, too much rip on the left but a very solid and fun just overhead Right supporting 4 people over 4 hrs. About 4 other peaks along the beach two I'm not going to get a wave for a month so will hopefully see some good sessions here. Tis the season for epic surf upon us!

JBShack, it turned on the Thursday after you headed back up bummer. Last Friday surfed a rather well known but fickle right hander down here breaking well over head and quite a way out, between 6-8 people in the water, generally pretty good fun, a little full and not holding the bigger sets that came with the 5 m swell...but good fun and some seriously long rides when on the right ones.

Saturday started out with a solo sesh a while West of the right on a nice solid left hander at head and a half, pretty heavy and a little daunting being alone and session was cut short by the presence of an unidentified shape that saw me back on the beach quick smart and driving back to the right hander for another crack in the safety of the 10 strong crowd.

Saturday still a bit of swell around for the Junior series of the local board riders, kept the kids honest and the judges entertained with the swell gradually dropping throughout the day and the last of the thumper sets seen around 1.30 in the arvo, great day had by all and another successful comp.

Monday one of JBs favorite beachies down here was going off its proverbial with an great bank and glassy untill a very light offshore late morning, too much rip on the left but a very solid and fun just overhead Right supporting 4 people over 4 hrs. About 4 other peaks along the beach two of them with a single guy on each and two with no one.

sounds all really good but thats 5 days out of 28 that were any good really....still beats a summer in Perth

Tuesday....back to work no more waves for me for another month should be smoking when I get back though???

Not the best pic but here's the left from Saturday that I had to surf alone before getting scared and bolting Back towards civilisation.

Surf69
WA, 883 posts
9 Apr 2016 11:10AM
Thumbs Up

HAHA ! red thumbs

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
9 Apr 2016 11:32AM
Thumbs Up

Surf69 said..
HAHA ! red thumbs

Thats probably because we presently have flat ocean in Perth.. Down south is cranking, but I've heard many stories about biggish fish swimming around clearing beaches..
This will make you happy Surf69
www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-08/filming-of-tim-winton-breath-starts-in-denmark-wa/7311388?section=wa

Surf69
WA, 883 posts
9 Apr 2016 12:57PM
Thumbs Up

jbshack said..

Surf69 said..
HAHA ! red thumbs

Thats probably because we presently have flat ocean in Perth.. Down south is cranking, but I've heard many stories about biggish fish swimming around clearing beaches..
This will make you happy Surf69
www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-08/filming-of-tim-winton-breath-starts-in-denmark-wa/7311388?section=wa

Yes there have been a few Bronzies and even a tiger (shark) week before last, tends to clear the water promptly. All good about the filming, they're working closely with the locals, its pretty cool.

mocha1
WA, 932 posts
9 Apr 2016 2:11PM
Thumbs Up

Local shaper ex Scarborough boy, Aido Shepard has shaped some retro boards for the movie....look sweet

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
9 Apr 2016 5:37PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
mocha1 said..
Local shaper ex Scarborough boy, Aido Shepard has shaped some retro boards for the movie....look sweet

A real nice guy to boot.

I jumped in to what seemed to be small and slow, but it was actually super fast and hollow so struggled on the wrong board. But was nice to get wet again. Another local was on fire and snagged a few rippers

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
11 Apr 2016 8:31AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DARTH said..

Buster fin said..

Hopefully.

I know, trying to be optimistic

And optimism wins

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie