Thumbs Up

They have a unique way of screwing up the atmosphere

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
29 Oct 2012 2:22PM
Thumbs Up

LateStarter said...
doggie said...
Had a great surf at surf beach on Saturday except for a bloke talking about burning peoples cars for dropping in, jeez he made a knob of himself
Ive seen him out there a heap and guess he must be a local.
Made a good surf a bit stressful

I got out yesterday at the same place. The current was sweeping the crowd south towards Mandurah, and despite the majority of sets shutting down there was the odd one that held up quite nicely.

The atmosphere in the lineup was pretty cruisy too, lots of sharing waves and a few hoots as well. When one dropkick on a SUP turned up and started snaking everyone, even the old dudes on Mals were taking turns blocking him so those who were waiting longest could get a wave.

I was in the water early, he is a baldy fairly solid lookin, good surfer.

pooman
WA, 293 posts
29 Oct 2012 2:28PM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...
Had a great surf at surf beach on Saturday except for a bloke talking about burning peoples cars for dropping in, jeez he made a knob of himself

Good ol Rod hes always good for a laugh!

He also may have had a run in with that SUP dude LateStarter mentioned...who is apparently on here somewhere if its the same dude

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
29 Oct 2012 2:39PM
Thumbs Up

pooman said...
doggie said...

Good ol Rod hes always good for a laugh!

He also may have had a run in with that SUP dude LateStarter mentioned...who is apparently on here somewhere if its the same dude

Good ol rod eh, I might just say "g,day Rod" next time I see him, he wont know who the hell I am

swalkington
WA, 401 posts
29 Oct 2012 2:47PM
Thumbs Up

^^^yep he is a local. Damn good surfer.

Torch
WA, 521 posts
29 Oct 2012 2:59PM
Thumbs Up

Rob the knob, no need for it im affraid

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
29 Oct 2012 3:05PM
Thumbs Up

swalkington said...

Good surfer big mouth, not my local so I dont really care but if fires up like that all the time he might wanna watch who he is directing his crap at as one day a bigger person will be willing to take him on (not me)

Even if you get dropped in on there is no need for talk like that imo.

swalkington
WA, 401 posts
29 Oct 2012 3:12PM
Thumbs Up

He is actually ok - I managed to drop in on him on a mal once (a longboard dropin is even worse than a shorty dropin ha ha) and he was pretty mellow about it all.

Maybe someone deserved whatever was coming to em - did you see what happened?

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
29 Oct 2012 3:37PM
Thumbs Up

swalkington said...
He is actually ok - I managed to drop in on him on a mal once (a longboard dropin is even worse than a shorty dropin ha ha) and he was pretty mellow about it all.

Maybe someone deserved whatever was coming to em - did you see what happened?

Na I was wider but my mate saw it, he didnt think it was car burning stuff.

Thing is it was all cool until that happened. My mate might not have seen the whole drop in drama. I got dropped twice and didnt say a word as it was very crowded.

swalkington
WA, 401 posts
29 Oct 2012 3:46PM
Thumbs Up

Sounds like summer is here and the surf beach circus has arrived.
in hindsight I am glad I didnt bother with a paddle on Sat.

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
29 Oct 2012 4:27PM
Thumbs Up

It's not hard for one tosser to spoil the mood in the line up.
Saw it earlier this year up at Wedge, one guy absolutely blasting everyone telling them to **** off back to Perth. Funny enough, he wasn't even a local and he had brought a crowd of learners with him.

Next morning the local lads gave him a verbal beasting on the beach while we all sat there waiting for the tide. Never seen a crew leave the beach so quickly

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
29 Oct 2012 4:44PM
Thumbs Up

subasurf said...
Saw it earlier this year up at Wedge, one guy absolutely blasting everyone telling them to **** off back to Perth. Funny enough, he wasn't even a local and he had brought a crowd of learners with him.

Next morning the local lads gave him a verbal beasting on the beach while we all sat there waiting for the tide. Never seen a crew leave the beach so quickly

Smicko told me about that twit, one in every crowd

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
29 Oct 2012 4:46PM
Thumbs Up

subasurf said...

The other morning at Trigg what pissed me of a little was the couple of guys dropping in would drop in on any of the girls, boogers (that's almost okay) but they would not have looked twice at a bigger surfer. So that tells me they know what they are doing is wrong That IMHO makes them even worse[}:)]

I actually made a comment to one of the girls and told her to just give him a good old push, that's how close this guy was on occasions[}:)]

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
29 Oct 2012 5:02PM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...

Smicko told me about that twit, one in every crowd

Yeah, he was all bark and no bite. Nevertheless, he definitely ruined the vibe of an otherwise PERFECT session. Still, watching him scatter with his tail between his legs was worth it.

nutsy
WA, 45 posts
29 Oct 2012 9:19PM
Thumbs Up

I was out sat morning @ surf beach. Couple of fun ones out there...

Accidently dropped in on Rod on a smaller one; I'm usually pretty good with looking inside me before I take off, but didn't see him this time. I would never deliberately drop in on anyone, apart from my mates!

Apologised to him, didn't think there was much to it tbh.

My car wasn't burnt out either. Happy days

soleman
WA, 280 posts
29 Oct 2012 9:42PM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...
swalkington said...

Good surfer big mouth, not my local so I dont really care but if fires up like that all the time he might wanna watch who he is directing his crap at as one day a bigger person will be willing to take him on (not me)

You Fellas sure its rod?? he surfs down here a fair bit and is quite the gent in the water. i met him buyin a beer in gracetown a couple of years ago at the general store, big imposing figure but nice guy. have surfed with him a few times sinc e and no probs at all.

swalkington
WA, 401 posts
29 Oct 2012 9:59PM
Thumbs Up

Agree soleman

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
30 Oct 2012 9:04AM
Thumbs Up

soleman said...
doggie said...
swalkington said...

You Fellas sure its rod?? he surfs down here a fair bit and is quite the gent in the water. i met him buyin a beer in gracetown a couple of years ago at the general store, big imposing figure but nice guy. have surfed with him a few times sinc e and no probs at all.

Bald and looks like he has been chasing parked cars?

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
30 Oct 2012 9:11AM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...
soleman said...
doggie said...
swalkington said...

Now where's that pic of Doggie so Rod will recognise him next time he paddles out

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
30 Oct 2012 9:28AM
Thumbs Up

smicko said...
doggie said...
soleman said...
doggie said...
swalkington said...

Now where's that pic of Doggie so Rod will recognise him next time he paddles out

Hahahahaha [}:)]

pooman
WA, 293 posts
30 Oct 2012 10:52AM
Thumbs Up

soleman said...
doggie said...
swalkington said...

To be fair to the big fella, hes pretty good and fun to have the water, but he does have a rep. Most of the time it can be laughed off and taken in jest. Those that aren't accustomed to his presence in the water will definitely know that hes in the water though.

soleman
WA, 280 posts
30 Oct 2012 11:12AM
Thumbs Up

^^^ haha not sure about parked cars but a F**kn pretty big bloke with a relatively soft voice and always crackin jokes in the water

byf
WA, 514 posts
30 Oct 2012 11:59AM
Thumbs Up

Hey guys... i am a local there too and am bald as Slater but surf like wilbur so you shouldnt get us mixed up.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
30 Oct 2012 12:09PM
Thumbs Up

byf said...
Hey guys... i am a local there too and am bald as Slater but surf like wilbur so you shouldnt get us mixed up.

Hehehe

Hey, sounds like they are going to open a new cable park. There is a thread on it in the Kite forum, I fricken cant wait!!

byf
WA, 514 posts
30 Oct 2012 12:19PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah mate. Out near Bonneys is what i heard on the way back from south this morning. Good luck to them. Hope it comes about.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
30 Oct 2012 12:38PM
Thumbs Up

byf said...
Yeah mate. Out near Bonneys is what i heard on the way back from south this morning. Good luck to them. Hope it comes about.

Same, I miss cables so much!

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
30 Oct 2012 3:05PM
Thumbs Up

1:00pm report: Two desperado's south of the ampitheatre waiting for knee high mush (seriously was not even waist high). Didn't see anyone else out between there and Sorrento - not one person at Trigg...

Was surprised by the lack of size. Hopefully the swell's on it's way for tomorrow.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
30 Oct 2012 3:19PM
Thumbs Up

GPA did you check Mettoms? I might have to drag out the sup and try and learn to surf that beast

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
30 Oct 2012 4:33PM
Thumbs Up

jbshack said...
GPA did you check Mettoms? I might have to drag out the sup and try and learn to surf that beast

Yeah, there was a tiddler little left off the reef and a slightly bigger wave off the rights...maybe waist high at best. Prob perfect for a learner 666 Watch the rocks on the shore line. Come in towards the southern steps near the dunny block.

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
31 Oct 2012 11:48AM
Thumbs Up

Geez Louise! Inconsistent 1ft close-outs at Trigg - and 18 crew sitting on the main bank at 2nds waiting for them...

Not sure if it will improve with the rising tide and (hopefully) dropping wind...

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie