Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
doggie
WA, 15849 posts
31 Oct 2012 12:13PM
Thumbs Up

GPA said...
Geez Louise! Inconsistent 1ft close-outs at Trigg - and 18 crew sitting on the main bank at 2nds waiting for them...

Not sure if it will improve with the rising tide and (hopefully) dropping wind...

Weekend looks dire as well

swalkington
WA, 401 posts
31 Oct 2012 1:38PM
Thumbs Up

summer is officially here
(from a surfers perspective)

PaddlePig
WA, 421 posts
31 Oct 2012 2:58PM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...
byf said...
Yeah mate. Out near Bonneys is what i heard on the way back from south this morning. Good luck to them. Hope it comes about.

Same, I miss cables so much!

I don't miss them that much. they were too expensive. Way too expensive. Back in the day (when things were all cheaper) it was around $25 - 30 an hour. Back then that would have bought HEAPS of fuel for the boat. It was a joke. With the exception of learning how to foot, I don't think it is all it cracked up to be.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
31 Oct 2012 3:04PM
Thumbs Up

PaddlePig said...
doggie said...
byf said...
Yeah mate. Out near Bonneys is what i heard on the way back from south this morning. Good luck to them. Hope it comes about.

Same, I miss cables so much!

I don't miss them that much. they were too expensive. Way too expensive. Back in the day (when things were all cheaper) it was around $25 - 30 an hour. Back then that would have bought HEAPS of fuel for the boat. It was a joke. With the exception of learning how to foot, I don't think it is all it cracked up to be.

Huh!! When it closed it was $20 per hour, I used to go when ever the surf was flat or I was bored.
I always thought that $20 was resonable enough. My mate boat used much more fuel than that for an hour of skiing.
But it was convenience of it all. Rock up ski go home.

swalkington
WA, 401 posts
31 Oct 2012 4:31PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^
the water slides were the go too

Woodo
WA, 792 posts
31 Oct 2012 4:36PM
Thumbs Up

swalkington said...
^^^^

And always fun going over the jump on the skurf type boards with the fins.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
31 Oct 2012 4:47PM
Thumbs Up

Woodo said...
swalkington said...
^^^^

And always fun going over the jump on the skurf type boards with the fins.

Haha, George hated that!!

Zuke
901 posts
31 Oct 2012 5:27PM
Thumbs Up

GPA said...
Geez Louise! Inconsistent 1ft close-outs at Trigg - and 18 crew sitting on the main bank at 2nds waiting for them...

Not sure if it will improve with the rising tide and (hopefully) dropping wind...

At least the weeds gone GPA

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
31 Oct 2012 6:04PM
Thumbs Up

^^^
Took the mal out at 1:30pm and got some tiddlers... very inconsistent, but good shape and only 4 out.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
1 Nov 2012 12:37PM
Thumbs Up

I think summer is here

newguy
654 posts
1 Nov 2012 4:57PM
Thumbs Up

It's *(&(*&^&(*##('ing flat

Buster fin
WA, 2575 posts
1 Nov 2012 9:07PM
Thumbs Up

First time down in a while, huh?

I was lucky enough to be working by the sea today. I don't mind it so much when there's bugger all surf when I can't hit it.

newguy
654 posts
2 Nov 2012 8:43AM
Thumbs Up

Buster fin said...

I was lucky enough to be working by the sea today. I don't mind it so much when there's bugger all surf when I can't hit it.

Yeah mate, atleast locally. Was down south at a pumping beach break then returned to this! If only we had summer swell. Decent job to be in the ocean all day, how's your wave count been these days?

Buster fin
WA, 2575 posts
2 Nov 2012 9:14PM
Thumbs Up

newguy said...
Buster fin said...

Yeah mate, atleast locally. Was down south at a pumping beach break then returned to this! If only we had summer swell. Decent job to be in the ocean all day, how's your wave count been these days?

Not good. And not looking good.

IFocus
WA, 582 posts
3 Nov 2012 7:41AM
Thumbs Up

soleman said...
doggie said...
swalkington said...
^^^yep he is a local. Damn good surfer.

Good surfer big mouth, not my local so I dont really care but if fires up like that all the time he might wanna watch who he is directing his crap at as one day a bigger person will be willing to take him on (not me)

Even if you get dropped in on there is no need for talk like that imo.

You Fellas sure its rod?? he surfs down here a fair bit and is quite the gent in the water. i met him buyin a beer in gracetown a couple of years ago at the general store, big imposing figure but nice guy. have surfed with him a few times sinc e and no probs at all.

He has a few different moods one unfortunately is class 1 w@nker I often move away so as not to mess up my day, I know his car so smashing all the windows would be to tempting.

Like everyone says good surfer for his age and size.

Andy T
WA, 325 posts
3 Nov 2012 8:58AM
Thumbs Up

Perth beachies: small, fat and wind now in from west...
But I guess we could expect that, just livin in hope

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
4 Nov 2012 1:45PM
Thumbs Up

Just a little video a mate I study with put together.
Footage is a couple of months old but thought it was worth sharing.

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
4 Nov 2012 2:35PM
Thumbs Up

^^^
Thanks for sharing Suba...

oz surf
WA, 407 posts
4 Nov 2012 3:02PM
Thumbs Up

Bad music,bad surfing, nice wave though

MickPC
8266 posts
4 Nov 2012 3:42PM
Thumbs Up

Some nice footage there : )

swalkington
WA, 401 posts
4 Nov 2012 4:36PM
Thumbs Up

props to those guys for even towing it,...that wave is gnarly.
Amazing thing is, I remember going over there with parents in the early eighties and watching 2 guys take turns paddling into em. They were making them too.
Guys don't even seem to do that now, let alone with a thick old 80's thruster.
Would love to know where those 2 guys are now.

moohan
WA, 147 posts
4 Nov 2012 6:11PM
Thumbs Up

I remember being blown away watching a stick from Esperance paddling in on a draining 6-8 foot day there around 2002?, first time I saw a surfer having a crack at it. He was air dropping and getting blasted on most of them, pretty sure he spent a fair bit of time standing on the ledge copping sets, but he had us hooting. Ballsy effort. Couldn't have been that long after Tom Innes broke his femur out there? Don't even want to think about the paddle in, negotiating the urchin ledge and getting up the cliff with an injury like that.

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
4 Nov 2012 6:38PM
Thumbs Up

swalkington said...

Would love to know where those 2 guys are now.

Ben Fitzpatrick, Shaun Green and Zac Haynes.

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
4 Nov 2012 9:04PM
Thumbs Up

Severely unimpressed how close they were getting to the paddle-in boogers, particularly on one wave.

swalkington
WA, 401 posts
4 Nov 2012 9:46PM
Thumbs Up

^^^why, they are boogers,...

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
4 Nov 2012 10:54PM
Thumbs Up

The boogers were out there with them. They're all mates.

swalkington
WA, 401 posts
5 Nov 2012 7:07AM
Thumbs Up

^^^^^
I wanna see a SUP take that place on.....now that would be hilarious

PaddlePig
WA, 421 posts
6 Nov 2012 7:40PM
Thumbs Up

I was at a 'poultry' (is that secret enough?) left break at the rock and saw two sups paddle over over from a big boat. They sat out the back paddling like kooks, no idea this small wave really lifts up. Then... MUNCH!!! They got chomped. Like seriously, I thought they were dead!! Then they went back to the boat.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
7 Nov 2012 9:00AM
Thumbs Up

PaddlePig said...
I was at a 'poultry' (is that secret enough?) left break at the rock and saw two sups paddle over over from a big boat. They sat out the back paddling like kooks, no idea this small wave really lifts up. Then... MUNCH!!! They got chomped. Like seriously, I thought they were dead!! Then they went back to the boat.

Not a SUP wave is it

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
7 Nov 2012 4:05PM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...
PaddlePig said...

Not a SUP wave is it

A mate dropped in once on his first wave of a week over there. First wave then rushed him to hospital, then of the Island

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie