Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
doggie
WA, 15849 posts
22 Oct 2012 9:18AM
Thumbs Up

I didnt think Trigg would be any good yesterday but went and had a look at thirds and it was not bad, was happy with that

Went south of the river with a few mates on Saturday and scored as well, new board was going very well

soleman
WA, 280 posts
22 Oct 2012 11:44AM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...
I didnt think Trigg would be any good yesterday but went and had a look at thirds and it was not bad, was happy with that

Went south of the river with a few mates on Saturday and scored as well, new board was going very well

What you end up getting doggie?

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
22 Oct 2012 11:55AM
Thumbs Up

soleman said...
doggie said...

What you end up getting doggie?

Colin Earle 6 2 1/2 x 19 1/4 x 2 5/16 round tail with a single concave quad/5 fin.

Very happy with it Soleman I wasnt sure about the single concave with a quad but it works very well. Ive had a few off Colin but this one is the best by along shot

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
22 Oct 2012 12:11PM
Thumbs Up

How tall are you doggie?

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
22 Oct 2012 12:21PM
Thumbs Up

subasurf said...
How tall are you doggie?

6.0 on the dot mate and about 84.625132 kgs

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
22 Oct 2012 12:51PM
Thumbs Up

That makes sense then

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
22 Oct 2012 1:07PM
Thumbs Up

subasurf said...
That makes sense then

Tbh I thought that it was going to be a bit small for me but it has a wider nose and tail with a relaxed rocker so it paddles into waves very easy. Rails are lower than I would normally order but geez it turnes on a dime. I rate it alot

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
22 Oct 2012 4:43PM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...
subasurf said...
That makes sense then

Tbh I thought that it was going to be a bit small for me but it has a wider nose and tail with a relaxed rocker so it paddles into waves very easy. Rails are lower than I would normally order but geez it turnes on a dime. I rate it alot

Did you surf it with the Nubster fin aswell

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
22 Oct 2012 5:01PM
Thumbs Up

jbshack said...
doggie said...
subasurf said...
That makes sense then

Did you surf it with the Nubster fin aswell

Sure did

mocha1
WA, 932 posts
22 Oct 2012 9:06PM
Thumbs Up

Looks good doggie, what fins you got in? What do you reckon the knubster does? I feel it when it's in I think it does something good but I'm not sure wat? Apart from surf more like slater!!!
I just got a set of Powerbase fins to try out in the katana quad, they look good cant wait to give em a crack - DXL fronts with DM rears ( I think they look like m7 sorta and M4 if there was such a size)

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
23 Oct 2012 8:32AM
Thumbs Up

mocha1 said...
Looks good doggie, what fins you got in? What do you reckon the knubster does? I feel it when it's in I think it does something good but I'm not sure wat? Apart from surf more like slater!!!
I just got a set of Powerbase fins to try out in the katana quad, they look good cant wait to give em a crack - DXL fronts with DM rears ( I think they look like m7 sorta and M4 if there was such a size)

I recon the knub just gives a positive feeling, I havnt surfed a quad that feels like this. Its got the speed of a quad but has the stability of a thruster. I have PC7s in the front and G-XQs in the rear. I think the single concave works very well with the quad. So fricken stoked I rang Colin yesterday and had a chat he sounded more stoked than me

Grevas
147 posts
23 Oct 2012 9:37AM
Thumbs Up

Went passed Contacios at 6:30 looked fun, any takers?

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
23 Oct 2012 12:35PM
Thumbs Up

Grevas said...
Went passed Contacios at 6:30 looked fun, any takers?

Nope had Walk to school day with the kids

PaddlePig
WA, 421 posts
23 Oct 2012 1:07PM
Thumbs Up

Haha how stoked does Colin get!! I like it. Whenever you go you have to wait because he is chatting to someone. then your visit takes about 15 mins longer because he is always up for a chat. He's a real honest, helpful bloke and the surfing community in Perth is lucky to have these guys. I'm sure they could earn more doing other things, but we appreciate them.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
23 Oct 2012 1:15PM
Thumbs Up

PaddlePig said...
Haha how stoked does Colin get!! I like it. Whenever you go you have to wait because he is chatting to someone. then your visit takes about 15 mins longer because he is always up for a chat. He's a real honest, helpful bloke and the surfing community in Perth is lucky to have these guys. I'm sure they could earn more doing other things, but we appreciate them.

When I rang him you hear the excitment in his voice, he was just stoked to have me on his boards again. He turned 50 on friday and dosnt look a day over 30 and surfs like he is 19. Great bloke

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
24 Oct 2012 2:52PM
Thumbs Up

Weed, weed and more frickin weed...

A couple of banks working at Perth's most crowded break... but man it was crowded. I actually went back down for the shift change at 10:00am and there were still heaps in the water.

With the predicted forecast Saturday will be madness...

Zuke
901 posts
24 Oct 2012 5:43PM
Thumbs Up

Had a bit of wind on it today. I was hoping it would back off. Oh well, you win some you lose some.

Interesting pic anyway.

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
25 Oct 2012 9:16AM
Thumbs Up

Anyone had a look at the Trigg/Scarb stretch this morning? Cams show it to be nearly flat on 0.4m at Cott...

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
25 Oct 2012 9:19AM
Thumbs Up

GPA said...
Anyone had a look at the Trigg/Scarb stretch this morning? Cams show it to be nearly flat on 0.4m at Cott...

Swell is dropping like a stone atm, back up again tomorrow morning. Saturday is looking better and better at this stage

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
25 Oct 2012 10:29AM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...
GPA said...

Swell is dropping like a stone atm, back up again tomorrow morning. Saturday is looking better and better at this stage

Nearly dead flat! Four desperate mal riders mid Trigg... and it's not even knee high - didn't see anything worth paddling for - not even for exercise. At least 95% of the weed has gone...

Fingers crossed for the predicted swell bump!

Deano
WA, 255 posts
26 Oct 2012 8:04AM
Thumbs Up

Pooh !

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
26 Oct 2012 9:09AM
Thumbs Up

Pretty dismal.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
26 Oct 2012 9:37AM
Thumbs Up

subasurf said...
Pretty dismal.

Swell is on its way up now!!!

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
26 Oct 2012 9:40AM
Thumbs Up

Yep. I'm gonna stay up here for the day. All the work I need to do today I can do on my toughbook on the beach.

swalkington
WA, 401 posts
26 Oct 2012 10:29AM
Thumbs Up

one word; kegs.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
26 Oct 2012 10:35AM
Thumbs Up

Spent the morning get hammered in reasonable closeouts. Hit the bottom twice

There was the main peak with loads i mean maybe 30 or so and one guy further down who was beating sections like super man

It was fun to get wet, just didn't enjoy the sand, wind, back wash, there was sum really stupid arrogant drop ins, (not against me) and the surf school turned it for me.

But enjoyable getting smashed for a few hours, heaps more enjayable than running around a park getting yelled at by a trainer

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
26 Oct 2012 10:47AM
Thumbs Up

swalkington said...
one word; kegs.

Im commin down tomorrow

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
26 Oct 2012 2:31PM
Thumbs Up

Trigg Zoo was not that special. Crowd was nearly shoulder to shoulder at 9:30am... wind and backwash affecting what could have been a decent bank...

Lots of dropping in, and you had to really compete for the bigger ones. Took the fun out of it so I sat off to the side and waited for the smaller ones...

Even the lunchtime slot had 20 or so blokes sitting on the one (inconsistent) peak. The usual mix of a couple of red-hot surfers, a couple of mals, a couple of learners and the rest of us.

Not sure about the forecast spike in swell (for the metro area), but it has dropped off noticeably.

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
26 Oct 2012 2:58PM
Thumbs Up

Conditions improved at mettams. Been up there since 8am and just left. Only surfed for about an hour though. Some okay ones ended up rolling through but my god, what a kook fest. Drop ins galore and more goatboats than you can imagine. Still, 'warm' water and blue skies. Not all bad.

Zuke
901 posts
26 Oct 2012 4:51PM
Thumbs Up

Today after the wind backed off.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie