Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
GPA
WA, 2520 posts
17 Nov 2012 12:16PM
Thumbs Up

Fun at a well known northern mal break... plenty out but many could not even surf, and a lot just were well out of position most of the time, so I managed my bag limit OK.

There was a 666ér out there that was scaring the sh!t out of me - he was very unbalanced and taking off late into the bigger ones and then struggling to turn to trim... not good when you are paddling out in front of him.

And I think I may have witnessed a party-wave record - 6 LB's all taking off together and going left...and not one flicked out Synchronised dings anyone?

Mitts46
WA, 104 posts
17 Nov 2012 12:31PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah gpa , I was watching that circus, I'm sure there was a couple of boards and people dinged and hurt.

Mdsurf
WA, 25 posts
19 Nov 2012 12:41PM
Thumbs Up

Anyone get the early in today? Was expecting onshores but apparently it was offshore and a building groundswell

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
19 Nov 2012 12:53PM
Thumbs Up

Mdsurf said...
Anyone get the early in today? Was expecting onshores but apparently it was offshore and a building groundswell

No surf but was on a water test of Mindarie and there was definitely some swell building

Even the third reef line was breaking with size..

Grevas
147 posts
19 Nov 2012 9:11PM
Thumbs Up

yeah good, light onshore waves at local beachy from 8:30 til 11:00. Funnest surf i've had local for months

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
21 Nov 2012 9:12AM
Thumbs Up

better than I thought it would be this morning

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
21 Nov 2012 9:14AM
Thumbs Up

^^ Lookin good bakesy

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
21 Nov 2012 9:54AM
Thumbs Up

secret spot nth scab sth trigg very fast (read straight) this morning, swell ok but it feels like the banks are just out, you know when waves are nearly there but not!!!!

just wondering if a train station has been added to the back of the dunes

at about 6am it seemed 300+ people surged out of the runways between dunes and flocked to the water......the "nearly" bank that I was on with 1 other guy was suddenly invaded by sheople as if it had a red flashing light posted

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
21 Nov 2012 10:10AM
Thumbs Up

very hard to come to work this morning doggie but here I am looking at that photo and wishing I'd stayed

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
21 Nov 2012 10:21AM
Thumbs Up

bakesy said...
very hard to come to work this morning doggie but here I am looking at that photo and wishing I'd stayed

Im looking at that pic thinking the same, but some one has support the dole bludgers.

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
21 Nov 2012 1:19PM
Thumbs Up

mocha1 said...
secret spot nth scab sth trigg very fast (read straight) this morning, swell ok but it feels like the banks are just out, you know when waves are nearly there but not!!!!

just wondering if a train station has been added to the back of the dunes

at about 6am it seemed 300+ people surged out of the runways between dunes and flocked to the water......the "nearly" bank that I was on with 1 other guy was suddenly invaded by sheople as if it had a red flashing light posted

You're right. I got there at 8:30 and thought - Fk! - between the schoolies and FIFO workers it's just like a weekend. Swellnet reported 7/10 - I reckon closer to a 4/10... the mostly straight banks, stiff SSE and rips doing their best to ruin it (AGAIN)

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
22 Nov 2012 12:55PM
Thumbs Up

Fair drop in the swell, but still a few chest to shoulder high ones through the main beachies... rip still causing problems, and other than the main (crowded) peak, most of the banks are still a bit too straight unless you get right on the shoulder.

The sea breeze came in just after 10:30am...

Zuke
901 posts
24 Nov 2012 10:14AM
Thumbs Up

Trigg was at it's "best" this morning. Shoulder to shoulder for as far as you could see, 90% close outs with backwash and plenty of drop ins, people were not even looking. Then the surf schools turned up and squeezed in, then the clubbies started arriving with their boards and skis as I left.
I had a swim.

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
24 Nov 2012 10:54AM
Thumbs Up

ok this morning, bit slow but pretty hollow but the reef claimed a few today

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
24 Nov 2012 12:42PM
Thumbs Up

Zuke said...
Trigg was at it's "best" this morning. Shoulder to shoulder for as far as you could see, 90% close outs with backwash and plenty of drop ins, people were not even looking. Then the surf schools turned up and squeezed in, then the clubbies started arriving with their boards and skis as I left.
I had a swim.

I didn't even bother... I checked an unlikely place today to find it was actually working OK... and only 4 out. Unfortunately, although I had a good surf, I managed to crack my rail getting pounded pulling into a fast right - got the cover up but got smashed! Not as bad as the bloke I saw who had creased his new board rail-to-rail

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
24 Nov 2012 12:45PM
Thumbs Up

I did Trigg this morning. Conditions were much heavier than I expected and with a surf comp and a lifesaver event running along side each other, plus with the swimmers flags up, all the surfers and boogers were pretty much compressed together just south of the point.

Scored a couple of rippers but only lasted an hour. Every wave caught was spent trying not to run people over.

Probably one of the most crowded surfs I've ever had.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
24 Nov 2012 3:00PM
Thumbs Up

Zuke said...
I had a swim.

South of the river was a good size and not to many people, strange

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
24 Nov 2012 3:10PM
Thumbs Up

BB lano poo but didn't expect much!,

"Entertainment" at pub last nite ok though (.)(.)
).(

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
24 Nov 2012 3:30PM
Thumbs Up

Rocked up at Trigg at sunrise and already crowded. Went elsewhere and score alone for an hour or so (apart from one mid-teen BBer who was made to feel unwelcome when he made the 50m paddle to sit 3m inside of me).
Might have got my tube of the year today.
Yay!

Kneeling
WA, 166 posts
24 Nov 2012 3:43PM
Thumbs Up

Same same got to reef break near three rocks just on sun up few out but then the siren went off and cavalry arrived good fun for a couple of hours

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
25 Nov 2012 8:56AM
Thumbs Up

Pretty much a waste of time on the early this morn...

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
25 Nov 2012 10:29AM
Thumbs Up

Buster fin said...
Pretty much a waste of time on the early this morn...

Agreed. Came home to mow the lawn and wash the car!!

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
25 Nov 2012 10:31AM
Thumbs Up

That bad huh? At least I got a couple.

Well, OK, only one. ish.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
25 Nov 2012 1:30PM
Thumbs Up

Got a couple of nice ones just down the front at scabs. Crowded and messy but the odd one rolled through

Yesterday was better

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
25 Nov 2012 2:24PM
Thumbs Up

Weird conditions at Trigg this morning. I didn't get in the water, just trialling some new camera gear on the beach.

Saw some realling nice fat ones roll in at the point and absolutely no one on them...then it all turned to 5hit.

Plus, reports of a swimmer missing. Taken by a rip I think?

Test clip, with my new backup work rig:

newguy
654 posts
25 Nov 2012 7:00PM
Thumbs Up

^
Missing swimmer search at Perth beach called off
Updated 1 hour 38 minutes ago

PHOTO: An air and sea search is underway for a man missing at Perth's Trigg beach. (Jade MacMillan)
MAP: Trigg 6029
Police in Perth have called off the search for a swimmer who was thought to have been missing at Trigg Beach earlier today.

Surf lifesavers had been searching the water and beach for more than three hours after a man was spotted waving for assistance shortly before midday Perth time.

The beach was closed and cleared so police could search for anything belonging to the man.

Search crews scoured the area with boats jet skis and from a helicopter is also flying over the area.

However, it is now believed the man may have made his way back to shore unaided, and there have been no reports of any missing people.

Surf Life Saving WA has been urging swimmers throughout the day to take extra care because of large swells at Perth beaches.

A number of people have had to be rescued.

On Saturday, a 58-year-old man died while surfing at a popular beach at Margaret River in the South-West.

Police say the Scarborough man had been surfing at Surfers Point at Prevelly Beach, before his body was discovered in the water by another surfer.

Attempts to revive him failed.

Officers are preparing a report for the Coroner.

By the way, really nice vid imaging from that camera mate.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
26 Nov 2012 11:02AM
Thumbs Up

This morning was smallish but fun, no wind and crowd not too bad at first. But slowly picked up

Just nice to get wet

katana
WA, 644 posts
26 Nov 2012 1:13PM
Thumbs Up

overhead glassy no one out some hollow ones but seemed a little fat for such a low tide ,hard to leave it like that

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
26 Nov 2012 1:47PM
Thumbs Up

Trigg
Scabs
Mettams
Floreat
City Beach
under Pass
Contacio
Give red thumbs if you want more