Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
newguy
654 posts
5 Jan 2013 10:30PM
Thumbs Up

Late arvo sesh surprisingly not bad. Some wedges that were wackable before the wind swung more southerly and it went to sh**s. Not sure if the lack of people was because of the shark or onshore conditions but I am happy Can't say that for my ribs. Came out second best when the board came at me off a close out!

Kimo, if that spot is the one I think it is. From my point of view, there is no point surfing there/ some reef spots unless it's midweek or pre-dawn. The weekends will definately do you in if your sole aim is getting waves. My view, save the $ in gas milage and plan yourself a surf holiday

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
6 Jan 2013 11:30AM
Thumbs Up

Better than expected, both size and shape... but once the Trigg clubbies put up their training floats across one of the banks and pushed everyone 50m south it just became too crowded...

Oh well - I support the lifesavers 100%... and it was prob good for the nippers to get out amongst a bit of size...

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
6 Jan 2013 11:56AM
Thumbs Up

Seams every bloody weekend they close off a huge chunk of the beach at trigg for some reason or another. Getting a bit tired of the constant surf comps there.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
6 Jan 2013 12:03PM
Thumbs Up

MickPC said...
Crank'in in the great Southern, bit smaller than expected. But still well overhead & plenty of boards on roofracks headed in the other direction on the way down. Looking good till Wednesday

Yeah swell jumped the day we left. Great beaches down that way though

And boards on just about every car down there. Its almost surprising the surf isn't more crowded.

Coming home yesterday there was a lot of boards heading south as well.

Mdsurf
WA, 25 posts
6 Jan 2013 2:35PM
Thumbs Up

subasurf said...
Seams every bloody weekend they close off a huge chunk of the beach at trigg for some reason or another. Getting a bit tired of the constant surf comps there.

Wasn't impressed on Saturday when they set up at the best bank, but I guess it was good conditions for a comp and that's what you want.

MickPC
8266 posts
6 Jan 2013 4:49PM
Thumbs Up

jbshack said...
MickPC said...
Crank'in in the great Southern, bit smaller than expected. But still well overhead & plenty of boards on roofracks headed in the other direction on the way down. Looking good till Wednesday

Yeah swell jumped the day we left. Great beaches down that way though

And boards on just about every car down there. Its almost surprising the surf isn't more crowded.

Coming home yesterday there was a lot of boards heading south as well.

Yeah I was expecting a lot more crew. Got down to a beachie other side of where you were mostly surfing & it was slight crossshore, but offshore. Was gonna check another spot, but a local pulled up next to me & got me motivated. The wind swung more offshore & we had some fun chest high long wally waves to ourselves for 3 hours...then had some lunch did some sightseeing with the missus, including the beach you frequented. Had a nice bank in the middle, everyone was in two other spots, but yeah not crowded. Man that sand was soft though, had to drop into L4...meanwhile wind went round to the NW so I headed back to the other beachie. Almost there & a thunderstorm erupted, it pissed down. Then heaps of cars with boards headed the other way & I had the place to myself for a bit before a couple of friendly guys come out. Having a great time, been 15 years since I've been down here. Gonna come here in Summer instead of cape to cape from now on

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
6 Jan 2013 5:20PM
Thumbs Up

Trigg was working after midday. Got a solid 3 hours of fun. Some of the local crew were getting tubes on the bigger set waves.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
6 Jan 2013 10:46PM
Thumbs Up

I had a fantastic surf this afternoon at my absolute local. It hasn't been that good in years

Greenroom
WA, 7608 posts
7 Jan 2013 8:16AM
Thumbs Up

Sometimes the best thing to do is wait for the blow ins to have their fun then hit it in the arvo

mitchbat
WA, 397 posts
7 Jan 2013 12:02PM
Thumbs Up

Got some fun and uncrowded waves not too far from Perth over the weekend.
Definitely nothing like the down south crew were scoring but plenty of fun

KEARNSY
WA, 1321 posts
7 Jan 2013 1:02PM
Thumbs Up

What a bloody great past few days for waves. was great to surf some juice for a change in just boardies. I scored bigtime , hope you all did too

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
7 Jan 2013 1:10PM
Thumbs Up

KEARNSY said...
What a bloody great past few days for waves. was great to surf some juice for a change in just boardies. I scored bigtime , hope you all did too

PM me where you went

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
7 Jan 2013 2:05PM
Thumbs Up

Not quite up to Hilly's shots But fun with some shape no the less.

Photos are after it had dropped of a little, after the tide filled in and taken on my I Phone

Zuke
901 posts
7 Jan 2013 2:48PM
Thumbs Up

Had a really good session today at a known spot with a handful of guys out. Great vibe with everyone taking turns and calling others on to waves. It was overcast and raining on and off but the wind was light and offshore with good head and a half high sets rolling through.

MickPC
8266 posts
7 Jan 2013 4:18PM
Thumbs Up

Had some super fun wedges at a little protected bay in the great southern. Waves were bouncing off sideways off a rock & I was catching those...they'd hit a wave coming straight in & throw out a short barrel or very whackable/floatable section. Had a couple of funny sections where I'd turn & be surfing straight out to sea, then cutback & be riding along parallel to shore again...nice little novelty wave in an epic setting

newguy
654 posts
7 Jan 2013 5:22PM
Thumbs Up

MickPC said...
Had some super fun wedges at a little protected bay in the great southern. Waves were bouncing off sideways off a rock & I was catching those...they'd hit a wave coming straight in & throw out a short barrel or very whackable/floatable section. Had a couple of funny sections where I'd turn & be surfing straight out to sea, then cutback & be riding along parallel to shore again...nice little novelty wave in an epic setting

I was about to post about how even the metro beachies were alright today until I read your post about what sounds like a really good surf mate... No, no post from me

MickPC
8266 posts
7 Jan 2013 5:44PM
Thumbs Up

newguy said...
MickPC said...

I was about to post about how even the metro beachies were alright today until I read your post about what sounds like a really good surf mate... No, no post from me

Hey don't let me hold you back mate. If you had fun waves today thats awesome & at the end of the day all that matters

Zuke
901 posts
7 Jan 2013 5:55PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^^That's right MickPC and it sounds like a lot of us have scored recently which is great to hear.

beagle
WA, 22 posts
9 Jan 2013 2:08PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed Sunset all day.....knackered!!!!

synsies1000
WA, 270 posts
11 Jan 2013 12:36PM
Thumbs Up

few at Broome today , check out the cam- broomecam.info/

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
11 Jan 2013 3:45PM
Thumbs Up

synsies1000 said...
few at Broome today , check out the cam- broomecam.info/

Isn't that one a Secret spot

Kneeling
WA, 166 posts
11 Jan 2013 4:15PM
Thumbs Up

Yep but didn't give directions

wodgina6722
WA, 229 posts
11 Jan 2013 6:32PM
Thumbs Up

&ATCF_NAME=sh082013&ATCF_DIR=/SATPRODUCTS/kauai_data/www/atcf_web/public_html/image_archives/2013&ACTIVES=13-SHEM-08S.NARELLE,13-WPAC-94W.INVEST,13-SHEM-97S.INVEST,13-SHEM-99P.INVEST&MO=JAN&STYLE=tables&YEAR=2013&YR=13&BASIN=SHEM&STORM_NAME=08S.NARELLE&ARCHIVE=active&AREA=pacific/southern_hemisphere&DIR=/SATPRODUCTS/TC/tc13/SHEM/08S.NARELLE/vis/geo/1km_zoom&TYPE=ssmi&PROD=gif

thommo 000
1670 posts
11 Jan 2013 6:48PM
Thumbs Up

Might get some rain by the looks of that lot....could do with it.

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
13 Jan 2013 2:21PM
Thumbs Up

Teeny tiny waves at LBB... [was never going to be good when we saw three or four cars heading back south at 7:30am].

Shame, as the banks seemed to be there... just no swell. Maybe a waist high one every 15-20 min. Not worth the fuel...

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
13 Jan 2013 2:32PM
Thumbs Up

GPA said...
Teeny tiny waves at LBB... [was never going to be good when we saw three or four cars heading back south at 7:30am].

Shame, as the banks seemed to be there... just no swell. Maybe a waist high one every 15-20 min. Not worth the fuel...

Scabs was small too, bit better yesterday even in the onshore

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
13 Jan 2013 2:40PM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...
GPA said...

Had mint wave this morning. Small but great shape and nice rides with wall to work and little floaters for finish. Very happy. Hopefully back down latter on tide turn for take two

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
14 Jan 2013 2:09PM
Thumbs Up

jbshack said...
doggie said...
GPA said...

Had mint wave this morning. Small but great shape and nice rides with wall to work and little floaters for finish. Very happy. Hopefully back down latter on tide turn for take two

Yep surfed agian from 5 till 7.15. Just 5 guys and plenty of sharing and hooting. One of the most mellow laid back surfs this year

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
15 Jan 2013 11:20AM
Thumbs Up

Ok'ish this morning, got a couple of hours in before northerly hit, swell from a westerly direction.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
15 Jan 2013 2:09PM
Thumbs Up

bakesy said...
Ok'ish this morning, got a couple of hours in before northerly hit, swell from a westerly direction.

Swell is up and its looking great on the cams, get out there!!

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie