Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
20 Jan 2013 11:24AM
Thumbs Up

I concur. Looks like it might be similar right now.
I'm going for a drive...

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
20 Jan 2013 12:14PM
Thumbs Up

Up early and with fingers crossed after checking the winds headed North with the mal...

At 7:40am was greeted with white-capping knee high grovellers... coulda/shoulda done a U-turn, but went out and got wet, but it was a waste of time...

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
20 Jan 2013 4:21PM
Thumbs Up

...to no avail.

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
20 Jan 2013 4:33PM
Thumbs Up

Saturday was fun up gero way, long punchy rights with a really mellow crew. Went the early again this morning but 'twas mud. Looks like it'll be staying that way till Friday so some fishing is on the cards. Or maybe another beer...

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
22 Jan 2013 1:55PM
Thumbs Up

Stood at Trigg thirds and looked in despair for about 20min... drove up and down the coast for far too long in hope of something better. Ended up going out not too far from Trigg and enjoyed the warm water... and occasional small peeler.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
22 Jan 2013 2:43PM
Thumbs Up

GPA said...
Stood at Trigg thirds and looked in despair for about 20min... drove up and down the coast for far too long in hope of something better. Ended up going out not too far from Trigg and enjoyed the warm water... and occasional small peeler.

So working isnt so bad then

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
22 Jan 2013 3:03PM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...
GPA said...

Not as frustrating when you cannot surf - frustrating when you can and it's poo!

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
22 Jan 2013 3:12PM
Thumbs Up

GPA said...
doggie said...
GPA said...

Not as frustrating when you cannot surf - frustrating when you can and it's poo!

Ive got two weeks off after this week so with luck I might get some surfing in

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
22 Jan 2013 3:15PM
Thumbs Up

Spent the last three days pushing kids into waves. Im so stuffed now i can hardly type...

All sun'd out but managed to grab a few waves inbetween. Its amazing from yesterdays crowd to todays crowd what a joke. Even Sundays crowd although it was packed was better than todays. One guy needed a small talking too and then all was good

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
22 Jan 2013 3:20PM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...
GPA said...
doggie said...
GPA said...

Fingers crossed... I start my new job Tuesday after 4 months off... sadly, I can't say I've had a single session worth mentioning... (and I went DS three times and LBB twice).

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
22 Jan 2013 4:12PM
Thumbs Up

GPA said...
doggie said...
GPA said...
doggie said...
GPA said...

Fingers crossed... I start my new job Tuesday after 4 months off... sadly, I can't say I've had a single session worth mentioning... (and I went DS three times and LBB twice).

Far king hell thats bad luck, tbh I cant say that Ive had a blinder recently either

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
22 Jan 2013 8:46PM
Thumbs Up

How hard done by are we?!!

MickPC
8266 posts
22 Jan 2013 9:39PM
Thumbs Up

[b]Zuke said...

Good luck Mick and take some pics

No worries mate, gotta cupla pics & some video to share when I get back. Was a nice day down here today, got some fun ones with just a 2 others out...turned southerly & was fun ones west of bunker bay but beaches closed due to a 5m white hammer head & 2 tigers feeding off a whale carcass on rocky point rocks. Hellicopter doing bog laps after fisheries towed the carcass out...was surprised not to see it on the news but seems like locals are getting used to seeing the 5m white round that side of the coast...hope it sticks round that side not so clear blue where ive been surfing.

Zuke
901 posts
23 Jan 2013 9:55AM
Thumbs Up

^^^^^ Sounds good Mick, and don't be afraid to bung a few tags in too

surferstu
1011 posts
23 Jan 2013 3:39PM
Thumbs Up

thommo 000
1670 posts
23 Jan 2013 5:23PM
Thumbs Up

Well...The secret spot X was firing thismorning fellas, 276.4yards of everything you can think of!, 3.75hr sesh. Not a soul for miles and miles. Must be SUX to be a overhomer!.
gotta have a nanna nap.. Cyas.

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
23 Jan 2013 9:38PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah right much nicer than where we are Thommo. The weekend still looks alright though....
We're still here till Sunday if you wanna catch up.

sharkywarky
49 posts
24 Jan 2013 1:07AM
Thumbs Up

surferstu said...

It probably doesn't help, also pisses me off when crew roll up to surf breaks then text/ call all their mates to crowd out already crowded surf just surf.. You don't need to call in an instacrowd to hold your hand.

Mdsurf
WA, 25 posts
24 Jan 2013 3:13PM
Thumbs Up

Speaking of crowds, got out this morning by myself, was average to say the least, about 15 others decide to paddle out right on top of me when the whole beach was waist height and onshore. Must be a safety in numbers thing That aside, good vibe and wave sharing despite the poor conditions, enough to make it worth it

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
24 Jan 2013 9:58PM
Thumbs Up

Few shots from the 60's & 70's if you want to see them all check out www.facebook.com/pages/yahoo-surfboards-yallingup/114313525275768

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
25 Jan 2013 8:29AM
Thumbs Up

^^ Awesome Bakesy!!

thommo 000
1670 posts
25 Jan 2013 10:20AM
Thumbs Up

The SSX was good for a while yesty morning then it got windy..really realllly windy..game over.
No Koalas here!!!

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
25 Jan 2013 11:33AM
Thumbs Up

Went for the early, crowd quickly onto it, ended up going to a peak further over, not as good waves but avoided the circus.

Saw some pretty average behaviour in the line up whilst getting changed, glad I didnt persevere there, shared a few waves with a couple of mates whilst the pack looked on from far away.

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
25 Jan 2013 4:53PM
Thumbs Up

Had a really punchy beachy up Gero way this morning, wasn't lining up as well it was on Saturday but geez it had some push. Had my arse absolutely handed to me trying to sneak out the doggie door on one, clipped in the head, face planted the bank and up and over for a second visit. Best belting I've had from a beachie in quite a long time

Zuke
901 posts
25 Jan 2013 5:23PM
Thumbs Up

I can't compete with thommo ( you've got it tough up there mate ) but I'll put this up anyway.

This young fella's been doing a bit of work for me lately and said he'd prefer a trip than cash so we headed out this morning. He was stoked.

MickPC
8266 posts
25 Jan 2013 8:16PM
Thumbs Up

^^^ Yeah awesome pics Thommo, Bakesy & that looks pretty good too Zuke

Just got back from a trip, copped a lot of Southerlies but had a lot of fun. Here's a couple from this morning

thommo 000
1670 posts
25 Jan 2013 8:47PM
Thumbs Up

Zuke said...
I can't compete with thommo
This young fella's been doing a bit of work for me lately and said he'd prefer a trip than cash so we headed out this morning. He was stoked.

Zuke it's not a competition...i'd rather be doing that^^
That place i put up there doesn't happen much, lots of things have to line up.
Your the lucky one.... he'll remember that.

Zuke
901 posts
25 Jan 2013 9:09PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^ Thanks thommo, he certainly will. He scored a double barrel on one wave, dropped straight into one then came out and back in again further down the line and came out clean at the end. He still had a huge smile on his face when I dropped him off two hours later.

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
26 Jan 2013 1:06PM
Thumbs Up

Small summer swell hitting LBB... was very windy early, but cleaned up about 10:00am - when the OZ Day crowds came and it became a circus...

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
26 Jan 2013 9:07PM
Thumbs Up

A beachie a fair whack north of there was cooking!!!

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie