Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
16 Jan 2013 11:51AM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...
bakesy said...
Ok'ish this morning, got a couple of hours in before northerly hit, swell from a westerly direction.

Swell is up and its looking great on the cams, get out there!!

Funny Yesterday was bigger than today (slightly) at my local. But still managed a few waves for a couple of hours of fun this morning. Loads of paddling on the spot to hold position along rock face but a good work out non the less. Pulled into a few worth while rides Not bad considering the 24 knot winds..

newguy
654 posts
16 Jan 2013 3:59PM
Thumbs Up

jbshack said...
doggie said...
bakesy said...
Ok'ish this morning, got a couple of hours in before northerly hit, swell from a westerly direction.

Swell is up and its looking great on the cams, get out there!!

Funny Yesterday was bigger than today (slightly) at my local. But still managed a few waves for a couple of hours of fun this morning. Loads of paddling on the spot to hold position along rock face but a good work out non the less. Pulled into a few worth while rides Not bad considering the 24 knot winds..

+1 For some reason lately, my best sessions have been with ugly onshore conditions

bene313
WA, 1347 posts
17 Jan 2013 11:59AM
Thumbs Up

Took to the dog to floz drain pipe this morning and the banks are getting a good work out!

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
17 Jan 2013 6:05PM
Thumbs Up

^^^
Yes - and all the weed is coming back in too unfortunately...

Torch
WA, 521 posts
18 Jan 2013 11:26AM
Thumbs Up

Witnessed a bit of biffo down at scarbs, is there really any need for it?

Follow the rules and be fair. If you catch 3 waves and the guy next to you hast caught any, why not share???

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
18 Jan 2013 11:51AM
Thumbs Up

especially when waves are shiZen, why do people get so upset? are they all closet Garcias

saw some "good old aussie" intimidation at sri Lanka reef last week. Old Mate aussie already grumpy when i paddled out, asked him about conditions, general chit chat
He was pi55ed at the conditions, which compared to todays (5/10 on SRO was about 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 / 10) the "local russians" etc etc

He got into argument with Ruski about right of way (even tho it wasn,t concerning his wave) it turned into my dicks bigger, I'm more local (aussie lived on the Bukit) i got more money...........and influence .....then went up a notch to language based assault then to pushing shoving etc

all this when aussie didnt even want to be out there?????????????

why why why why
isn,t surfing in head to head n half reef break waves with 10 out,(half of whom were on longboards and waiting politely in the channel for the wider easier take off) in 28 deg water in boardies what its all about........... FUN

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
18 Jan 2013 12:32PM
Thumbs Up

Some size in the sets at Trigg, but the SSE is taking it's toll. Lots of long straight handers around 3rds. If you could find a spot amongst the crowd and scored a left shoulder with no one in front of you it was OK (just - 5/10).

Saw a young bloke leave the water with 1/2 his board under each arm! Broken clean through right in the middle...

MickPC
8266 posts
18 Jan 2013 2:42PM
Thumbs Up

mocha1 said...
why why why why
isn,t surfing in head to head n half reef break waves with 10 out,(half of whom were on longboards and waiting politely in the channel for the wider easier take off) in 28 deg water in boardies what its all about........... FUN

Well said mate!...

Some nice waves coming through this morning... but apart from one nice little baz I surfed more funny sad & retarded than usual. Mistimed a floater, board buckled cracked me in the knee. Did it again & almost sliced my hand open on a fin. Then went shopping, bag broke & dropped a tin of homebrew on my little toe lol...I give up on today, just gonna drink beer & try to steer clear of any dangers...

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
18 Jan 2013 2:50PM
Thumbs Up

MickPC said...
mocha1 said...
why why why why

Well said mate!...

Some nice waves coming through this morning... but apart from one nice little baz I surfed more funny sad & retarded than usual. Mistimed a floater, board buckled cracked me in the knee. Did it again & almost sliced my hand open on a fin. Then went shopping, bag broke & dropped a tin of homebrew on my little toe lol...I give up on today, just gonna drink beer & try to steer clear of any dangers...

Winning

MickPC
8266 posts
18 Jan 2013 2:54PM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...
Winning

LOL yep

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
18 Jan 2013 3:00PM
Thumbs Up

MickPC said...
doggie said...
Winning

LOL yep

Wind is in, drink beer

sparki
WA, 410 posts
18 Jan 2013 3:17PM
Thumbs Up

The southerly wasn't having to drastic an effect on the shape today (until after midday) - it was more the shifting banks. Rips after every larger set were changing the dynamics constantly this morning at 3rds. Mid morning, although size wasn't consistent, there was a period in which the waves just kept rolling in where I was. Everyone got their share.

I think I got the wave of the morning around 3rds. Was almost shaking after it coz it was such a rush. Late drop into a wally left that I didn't think was going to hold up (worth trying, I thought). Dropped in without a hitch, holding the rail the entire time (backhand) and crouching, the thing barreled over me. Unfortunately, I wasn't deep, but I have a feeling there was a foam ball behind me, so I didn't try stalling too much. Anyway, it kept dredging out in front and it was all crystal clear - I could see where the bank was dropping off behind the wave. It pretty much did this until it was a knee high flop of a wave about 15m down the line. Undoubtedly my best wave in the 12 years I've been surfing the northen beaches - just for the rush of it!

Hope you guys got something good today!

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
18 Jan 2013 3:23PM
Thumbs Up

sparki said...
The southerly wasn't having to drastic an effect on the shape today (until after midday) - it was more the shifting banks. Rips after every larger set were changing the dynamics constantly this morning at 3rds. Mid morning, although size wasn't consistent, there was a period in which the waves just kept rolling in where I was. Everyone got their share.

I think I got the wave of the morning around 3rds. Was almost shaking after it coz it was such a rush. Late drop into a wally left that I didn't think was going to hold up (worth trying, I thought). Dropped in without a hitch, holding the rail the entire time (backhand) and crouching, the thing barreled over me. Unfortunately, I wasn't deep, but I have a feeling there was a foam ball behind me, so I didn't try stalling too much. Anyway, it kept dredging out in front and it was all crystal clear - I could see where the bank was dropping off behind the wave. It pretty much did this until it was a knee high flop of a wave about 15m down the line. Undoubtedly my best wave in the 12 years I've been surfing the northen beaches - just for the rush of it!

Hope you guys got something good today!

Had a similar wave to that about three weeks ago in the same spot but a right, no barrel but just kept walling up, felt wicked on the quad

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
18 Jan 2013 4:23PM
Thumbs Up

All you blokes musta surfed a dif spot to me! My waves were all of the highest quality of nard, hoad, poo, shiZen, kaka, sia, merde that I have ever surfed
I was at nth scab end between 7-8 and it was absolute POO

Zuke
901 posts
18 Jan 2013 4:48PM
Thumbs Up

Sounds like plenty of us are still scoring good waves deep into summer. How about some pics

Today was a little windy but still lots of fun.

LateStarter
WA, 589 posts
18 Jan 2013 4:58PM
Thumbs Up

mocha1 said...
All you blokes musta surfed a dif spot to me! My waves were all of the highest quality of nard, hoad, poo, shiZen, kaka, sia, merde that I have ever surfed
I was at nth scab end between 7-8 and it was absolute POO

I was there between 5 & 7 - so i'm guessing it didnt improve too much.

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
19 Jan 2013 10:28AM
Thumbs Up

Trigg = woeful. Waist high close-outs with a billion people getting in the way... I came home to wash the car...

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
19 Jan 2013 12:30PM
Thumbs Up

GPA said...
Trigg = woeful. Waist high close-outs with a billion people getting in the way... I came home to wash the car...

Thirds was like mastubating with a cheese greater

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
19 Jan 2013 2:02PM
Thumbs Up

Shoulda gone North... would have been OK I reckon...

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
19 Jan 2013 2:24PM
Thumbs Up

GPA said...
Trigg = woeful.

Cheers, Zuke!

jbenny
WA, 12 posts
19 Jan 2013 2:53PM
Thumbs Up

GPA said...

Was flat up this way mate, wounded cause I've just got me new board from katana

Zuke
901 posts
19 Jan 2013 3:18PM
Thumbs Up

Buster fin said...

Cheers, Zuke!

No worries Buster. I know it's not the best pic, I missed the drop but it's the last section of your last wave after the 'breeze was in. Still quite surfable.

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
19 Jan 2013 3:37PM
Thumbs Up

jbenny said...
GPA said...

Was flat up this way mate, wounded cause I've just got me new board from katana

Spewin'...I hate that. I was thinking further north... might chance tomorrow if the winds don't look to suss (which they kind of do atm).

Kneeling
WA, 166 posts
19 Jan 2013 4:09PM
Thumbs Up

Went up early this morning with fingers crossed was small and the wind was out of control

MickPC
8266 posts
19 Jan 2013 4:17PM
Thumbs Up

Zuke said...
Buster fin said...
Cheers, Zuke!

No worries Buster. I know it's not the best pic, I missed the drop but it's the last section of your last wave after the 'breeze was in. Still quite surfable.

Hell yeah, looks great!

I waited for the tide to come up, hoping it would get better & just ended up with crappier crap...one more day & I'm outa here

Zuke
901 posts
19 Jan 2013 5:45PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^Where are you off to Mick?

NB: I don't know what the red was for.

MickPC
8266 posts
19 Jan 2013 8:43PM
Thumbs Up

Zuke said...

Headed down South for 5 days mate...since I thumbed up your post & it looks the same. I'm assuming you mean some faceless tosser thumbed mine down & you equaled it back out...I do that a lot on here too...cheers

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
19 Jan 2013 8:53PM
Thumbs Up

Zuke said...
Buster fin said...

Cheers, Zuke!

Looks very surf able too me

You seem to find it easy. Please tell me its not as easy as you make it look...

Thanks for sharing. Maybe tomorrow the kids will get a nice wave

Twimby
WA, 483 posts
19 Jan 2013 9:13PM
Thumbs Up

North was small but fun. I am an evil 666 er
so what would I know

Zuke
901 posts
20 Jan 2013 9:58AM
Thumbs Up

MickPC said...
Zuke said...

Headed down South for 5 days mate...since I thumbed up your post & it looks the same. I'm assuming you mean some faceless tosser thumbed mine down & you equaled it back out...I do that a lot on here too...cheers

Good luck Mick and take some pics.

JB, it's not that easy. Decades of research and hundreds of hours in the boat. Yesterday had a small window with the tide, swell and wind lining up. Buster had a 15 minute heads up, lucky he answered his phone.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie