Thumbs Up

Buster fin said...
Is no-one surfing?

Sunday arvo for me

synsies1000
WA, 270 posts
21 Mar 2013 8:13PM
Thumbs Up

Nice conditions DS today and suprisingly not to many crew around. Shame Taj got knocked out on the interference call...

Buster fin
WA, 2575 posts
21 Mar 2013 9:31PM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...
Buster fin said...
Is no-one surfing?

Sunday arvo for me

Ditto, if I'm lucky.

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
21 Mar 2013 9:44PM
Thumbs Up

Buster fin said...
Is no-one surfing?

I am.

Buster fin
WA, 2575 posts
21 Mar 2013 9:59PM
Thumbs Up

Not net surfing!

Zuke
901 posts
23 Mar 2013 1:54PM
Thumbs Up

Did the early this morning to beat the 'breeze and caught up with Killbot. Ended up being two and a half hours of fun, smackable waves. He's been out of the water for a while and had a ball but suffered jelly arms in the end. Funny to watch, his eyes are going yes yes yes but his arms are going no no no.

This is Killbot on a smaller one, the sets were nearly double this.

byf
WA, 512 posts
23 Mar 2013 7:09PM
Thumbs Up

Nice one Zuke and Killbot. We have some swell on the way and i thought pulling a calf at work was a good idea. **** me . Have any of you fellow breezers done a calf ? I heard the pop and i hit the floor. Thought i had been shot. Some info on rehab or length of time for recovery would be sweet. So far a few bourbons seem to be assisting in pain relief.

Zuke
901 posts
23 Mar 2013 7:59PM
Thumbs Up

Geez byf, just when we get some swell. That sucks mate.

What do you mean when you said pulled? If it's bad you might want to get some scans done, you may have partially torn a tendon. Until you know what's wrong it's hard to know how to fix it.

Now comes a test of the marriage, you can't walk so will she keep bringing you fresh bourbons?

byf
WA, 512 posts
23 Mar 2013 8:14PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Zuke. Yeah the lovely wife will keep bringing bourbons mate. With the leg i dunno mate. The doc said just go home and go ice for 24hrs then heat for 24hrs then if your still ****ed come back and see me. Now i have broken many bones including a snapped femur and this hurt pretty bad too but i guess the doc knows a fair bit more than me but i thought maybe some more damage was done thats why i was just wondering if anyone else has done a similar injury .

Buster fin
WA, 2575 posts
23 Mar 2013 8:32PM
Thumbs Up

Gee Zuke, that's almost as good as the waist high, on-shore dumpers I got this arvo.

Zuke
901 posts
23 Mar 2013 8:49PM
Thumbs Up

Almost Buster, almost.

PM sent byf.

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
24 Mar 2013 1:03PM
Thumbs Up

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
24 Mar 2013 4:00PM
Thumbs Up

Had some fun with the kids and , three guys turned up and we all had a laugh and a few waves..

Was nice to flush out the sinuses

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
24 Mar 2013 6:39PM
Thumbs Up

byf said...
Nice one Zuke and Killbot. We have some swell on the way and i thought pulling a calf at work was a good idea. **** me . Have any of you fellow breezers done a calf ? I heard the pop and i hit the floor. Thought i had been shot. Some info on rehab or length of time for recovery would be sweet. So far a few bourbons seem to be assisting in pain relief.

Did mine playing indoor cricket a couple of years ago, same thing, heard (and felt!!) it pop and pretty much dropped like a bag of poop. I think it was about six weeks before it was right again, was walking within a couple of days but just taking it real easy. The stairs at work were a phucker.
1000mg naprosyn tab once a day and don't abuse the movement it gives you.

Buster fin
WA, 2575 posts
24 Mar 2013 7:17PM
Thumbs Up

I got ripper corker in my leg in worse slot than yesterday... typical.

byf
WA, 512 posts
24 Mar 2013 7:47PM
Thumbs Up

Cheers smicko for that info. Even today i am thinking yeah it feels better then five minutes ago moving bubs portacot ..... holy **** balls it sure is not fixed. Hit the deck again. Bloody thing. And missing out on some swell.

katana
WA, 644 posts
24 Mar 2013 8:56PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Zuke said...
Did the early this morning to beat the 'breeze and caught up with Killbot. Ended up being two and a half hours of fun, smackable waves. He's been out of the water for a while and had a ball but suffered jelly arms in the end. Funny to watch, his eyes are going yes yes yes but his arms are going no no no.

saw you guys over there thought it looked a bit wobbly yesterday .much cleaner today spewin 7supps further south today hope they dont get to comfy out there

LateStarter
WA, 589 posts
24 Mar 2013 10:51PM
Thumbs Up

Had a look around metro yesterday - trigg point had a comp on, so the rest of the crowd appeared to be surfing pretty much in each others pockets.

Scarbs wasn't much better, super straight close outs right on the shoreline.

Made it south in the arvo and got an awesome little reefy for a couple of hours with some LBers while every other blert was watching the footy. Was a fun left with the odd chest high plus set rolling through.

Good times

Killbot
WA, 201 posts
25 Mar 2013 12:21PM
Thumbs Up

Zuke said...

Yep, cracking morning mate. Thanks again.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
25 Mar 2013 1:11PM
Thumbs Up

LateStarter said...
Had a look around metro yesterday - trigg point had a comp on, so the rest of the crowd appeared to be surfing pretty much in each others pockets.

Scarbs wasn't much better, super straight close outs right on the shoreline.

Made it south in the arvo and got an awesome little reefy for a couple of hours with some LBers while every other blert was watching the footy. Was a fun left with the odd chest high plus set rolling through.

Good times

Same but no mals

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
25 Mar 2013 3:23PM
Thumbs Up

This morning jumped up hoping to better yesterdays waves and drove around to no hope..Eventually went a little further and checked out a spot I've trying to pin down. It looked super small but decided to throw on the booties and do a reckon on how deep the reef was...Well it turned out nearly head high and super fun. The break reminded me of a skate park with waves breaking here there and everywhere. Nice drops with a bit of run. Got to test out the SP in some nice waves.

Surfed on my own but i felt super uneasy. I couldn't believe the quality all to myself. Sadly only stayed for about an hour as i had to get back to help with school drops and work. Was very happy walking back up to the isolated car park to find my car still there

You forget the workout you'll get duck diving bigger sets, and surfing fast i think i was around 7 decent waves in just under an hour..

I took a shot on my I Phone from the top of the hill, but as i said i nearly drove away even after seeing this. Once you closed the maybe 300 mtrs of distance to the wave, it got better..

In hindsight looking at the pick that one was one of the smaller inside waves. The sets were breaking alot further out then that. I was wondering how i got it so wrong from the top, i guess it was just a big lull that i watched..

Zuke
901 posts
25 Mar 2013 4:39PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^ Looks good JB, thanks for putting it up and my head didn't explode reading your post.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
25 Mar 2013 4:43PM
Thumbs Up

Zuke said...
^^^^ Looks good JB, thanks for putting it up and my head didn't explode reading your post.

+1

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
25 Mar 2013 5:06PM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...
Zuke said...

+1

I'll have to try harder next time

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
25 Mar 2013 5:09PM
Thumbs Up

jbshack said...
doggie said...
Zuke said...

+1

Is that the wave I gave you directions to?

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
25 Mar 2013 5:13PM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...
jbshack said...
doggie said...
Zuke said...

+1

Is that the wave I gave you directions to?

Yeah, it was were i checked before as well..It was hard to leave after only a quick paddle. But as i said I've not had a chance to lose my kids so they have always been in tow, meaning smaller waves. Yesterday at a kids spot it was still good fun as well too so was a good weekend in my house, oh and she agreed to book proper accommodation for the Master next year

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
25 Mar 2013 5:17PM
Thumbs Up

Nice looking wedge in that wave Jb. I have an inkling where it is.

wodgina6722
WA, 229 posts
25 Mar 2013 7:10PM
Thumbs Up

Ctngoodvibes said...
Nice looking wedge in that wave Jb. I have an inkling where it is.

cant be metro with the white water out the back

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
26 Mar 2013 11:34AM
Thumbs Up

The weekend is looking great, only three and a half days to go

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie