Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
Zuke
901 posts
8 Mar 2013 6:19PM
Thumbs Up

Late call, couldn't buy a friend but it was firing.

Buster fin
WA, 2575 posts
8 Mar 2013 6:33PM
Thumbs Up

I didn't even hear my phone ring...

Zuke
901 posts
8 Mar 2013 7:01PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^ I called others who I thought could make it but you would have been at work already Buster.

Buster fin
WA, 2575 posts
8 Mar 2013 7:08PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah, that is true... but there's always tomorrow.

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
8 Mar 2013 7:12PM
Thumbs Up

Did better than me Zuke. I got up about 4 to suss the buoys and wasn't convinced enough to do the drive, ended up surfing Nails mid morning on way too low a tide and paid the price. Straightened out and bailed on a little one and copped the edge of the reef to the kidney and a shredded back.
Last time I was this sore was due to a couple of microdots and those feckin Samoans at the Lookout.

Kneeling
WA, 166 posts
8 Mar 2013 7:47PM
Thumbs Up

Ouch!! Better join the injury que get that vino flowing that will fix ya

Zuke
901 posts
8 Mar 2013 7:58PM
Thumbs Up

Damn smicko, that sucks mate. I was umming and arring (sp) and saw the wave period spike and the offshore wasn't as strong as predicted so I thought it might be OK, but by that time it was too late for anyone else. I don't surf on my own as much as I used to so that was a nice change today.

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
8 Mar 2013 8:30PM
Thumbs Up

I'm a thousand mg of naprosyn and half a bottle of Cirillo Rose ahead of you Toddy
Seriously cannot believe that I got absolutely flogged on a (maybe) 1ft wave.

Zuke, if you ever need a wingman....
Just not in the next coupla days

Buster fin
WA, 2575 posts
8 Mar 2013 8:50PM
Thumbs Up

Those 1 footers will do you in with your own complacency.

Speaking from experience. Lots of experience

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
8 Mar 2013 9:21PM
Thumbs Up

no good Mick, if memory serves me correctly the worst injury TC ever sustained was on a small wave, anyone remember the nature of the injury??

Buster fin
WA, 2575 posts
8 Mar 2013 9:36PM
Thumbs Up

Was that the fin up the clacker?

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
8 Mar 2013 10:03PM
Thumbs Up

So THAT's why he's such an arsehole.

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
8 Mar 2013 10:46PM
Thumbs Up

Buster fin said...
Those 1 footers will do you in with your own complacency.

Speaking from experience. Lots of experience

Yep! Wrecked my ankle on a wave barely more than waist high in the shore-break, and I still feel it every single day 6 years on...

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
8 Mar 2013 10:48PM
Thumbs Up

fin or nose of the board but the location is spot on Buster

Buster fin
WA, 2575 posts
9 Mar 2013 7:52AM
Thumbs Up

And after all these years he's still the butt of our jokes.

Torch
WA, 521 posts
10 Mar 2013 8:58PM
Thumbs Up

I paddled out....I paddled in....that is all...

katana
WA, 644 posts
10 Mar 2013 9:28PM
Thumbs Up

called the island mission off at 4am but the scored shoulder high barrels offshore elsewhere mid morning small crowd 4 glassy 5 and half/10

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
11 Mar 2013 1:37PM
Thumbs Up

Just spent a week on a Island in north QLD that i was promised has no surf

Problem was a guy got of the plane carrying a board and he said he was just traveling through. Next day i hiked a buggy and drove around everywhere and found what needed to be seen to believe. Dinghy anchored on a nearby island, two guys in head and half spitting barrels, massive runs..

Eventually a local gave it up but it only works with a cyclone he tells me

Every other day i had to sit and watch small waves breaking in the bay in front of me all morning till the tide went out but we were forbidden to take the free paddle boards anywhere near the waves[}:)]

Just got home last night to find out my drivers points are up. Wife said she'll drive for work but not for surfing, so i could be back onto a pushie with board under arm for three months

soleman
WA, 280 posts
11 Mar 2013 6:05PM
Thumbs Up

jbshack said...
Just spent a week on a Island in north QLD that i was promised has no surf

Problem was a guy got of the plane carrying a board and he said he was just traveling through. Next day i hiked a buggy and drove around everywhere and found what needed to be seen to believe. Dinghy anchored on a nearby island, two guys in head and half spitting barrels, massive runs..

Eventually a local gave it up but it only works with a cyclone he tells me

Every other day i had to sit and watch small waves breaking in the bay in front of me all morning till the tide went out but we were forbidden to take the free paddle boards anywhere near the waves[}:)]

Just got home last night to find out my drivers points are up. Wife said she'll drive for work but not for surfing, so i could be back onto a pushie with board under arm for three months

Two positives here JB.
1. If you ever go there again now you are well aware.
2. At least riding a pushie will help with your excersize and getting "surf fit"

Torch
WA, 521 posts
12 Mar 2013 10:01AM
Thumbs Up

Well that was disappointing

Woodo
WA, 792 posts
12 Mar 2013 11:33AM
Thumbs Up

At least your boat yards across the road from the bus depot hey JB

sharkywarky
49 posts
12 Mar 2013 2:53PM
Thumbs Up

Torch said...
Well that was disappointing

Side shore poo with 20+ on top of each other

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
14 Mar 2013 3:29PM
Thumbs Up

Apparently down south is firing today..

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
14 Mar 2013 3:32PM
Thumbs Up

Woodo said...

Riding to work isn't that bad. Only 10 km each way, although the rain might make it not so much fun.. Towing boats could be a little harder but can manage that too..

But she won't run me surfing she said, that's my punishment[}:)] I think i'm going to go double or nothing and try and drive like Ms Daisy..

soleman
WA, 280 posts
14 Mar 2013 7:48PM
Thumbs Up

jbshack said...
Apparently down south is firing today..

I can vouch for that

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
14 Mar 2013 9:02PM
Thumbs Up

jbshack said...
Woodo said...

Riding to work isn't that bad. Only 10 km each way, although the rain might make it not so much fun.. Towing boats could be a little harder but can manage that too..

But she won't run me surfing she said, that's my punishment[}:)] I think i'm going to go double or nothing and try and drive like Ms Daisy..

I'm on double or nothing now Rod, it's pretty ****en hard if you do a thousand k's a week like I do. Only have to last until August or September or something

Greenroom
WA, 7608 posts
14 Mar 2013 11:54PM
Thumbs Up

Yep it was on

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
15 Mar 2013 12:16PM
Thumbs Up

Me 3. Kept an eye out for you greeny but didn't see any sups where I was.

Zuke
901 posts
15 Mar 2013 3:04PM
Thumbs Up

Went somewhere different with the rise in swell and surfed a left today but it was a little strange. The sets were good, head and a half and hollow but the wait between the sets was very unusual with 15 to 20 minutes of nothing. The whole session was like that, three wave sets followed by a really long wait.

Still worth it though.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
17 Mar 2013 2:22PM
Thumbs Up

Great surf at a northern beachy, light onshore but very surfable

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie