Thumbs Up

imisneck said...
got a couple north side of mettams on sunset. great way to finish the weekend

Looks like that was the last of the swell for a while

katana
WA, 644 posts
8 Apr 2013 5:05PM
Thumbs Up

got some sic head+half joy ,this morning but had to share with 2 sups 7/10 well worth the trip

dreads
WA, 54 posts
8 Apr 2013 5:09PM
Thumbs Up

got really good waves this morning down south

imisneck
8 posts
8 Apr 2013 9:27PM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...
imisneck said...
got a couple north side of mettams on sunset. great way to finish the weekend

Looks like that was the last of the swell for a while

maybe wednesday morning pre-work. winds look pretty south but

Zuke
901 posts
9 Apr 2013 7:31PM
Thumbs Up

Did anyone score some waves this afternoon?

I heard there were some sizable sets at Perth's favorite beach, not great but OK. Maybe some of the more protected places were good.

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
10 Apr 2013 10:08AM
Thumbs Up

Went and had a look this morning. Didn't see Zuke swimming (I never do). It was super crowded and super straight and backwashy. I gave up in disgust without going in. Looked at another place photographed just above in the thread. About 20 people in about 10m^2 with another 10 spread out along the bank. I should've done an afternoon drive instead. Waste of a morning.

Zuke
901 posts
10 Apr 2013 11:07AM
Thumbs Up

^^^^ Yes, it was pretty ordinary this morning. I thought you would have scored yesterday afternoon, the swell and wave period kicked in and the wind was only 10 - 12 knots. I thought "Legion will be at one of his novelty spots for sure". Then I remembered it was Tuesday.

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
10 Apr 2013 1:19PM
Thumbs Up

Tuesdays are free for me now. I went after work but was running late and had to flip a coin at 5:45pm. It was ordinary where I went and the sun is going down so early now that I gave up. That's two failed missions in a row. I will start to implement my autumn afternoon action plan I think, until some storms stir things up.

Scotty88
4214 posts
10 Apr 2013 7:38PM
Thumbs Up

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
10 Apr 2013 7:57PM
Thumbs Up

now now - no trolling boys... or you'll be on the black list with Laurie...

Edit - I need to see the optometrist.... I could have sworn I saw another post following the K9666 pic

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
10 Apr 2013 8:05PM
Thumbs Up

GPA said...

Edit - I need to see the optometrist.... I could have sworn I saw another post following the K9666 pic

A special spot was breaking today with just a 666 out at a special spot our way GPA..A bit of swell rolling in

mocha1
WA, 932 posts
10 Apr 2013 8:12PM
Thumbs Up

Wasn't Tugun was it??? (See longboard room kooks spotted)

Old men haven a crack at us waussies and our SECRET spots like tr....poi... And w....e is...... And Ya......up

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
10 Apr 2013 8:29PM
Thumbs Up

Wow - my eyes are bad tonight - posts disappearing right before my eyes [}:)]

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
11 Apr 2013 2:53AM
Thumbs Up

Somewhere 2 hours from many of you.
Photo of sons mate taken 2 weeks ago.

these two 6 hours from most of you

Good morning shortboarders
By plane that is

Have a fantastic day and a better weekend surfing
secrets,its been on fire but its a secret

sls
WA, 179 posts
11 Apr 2013 7:01AM
Thumbs Up

jbshack said...
GPA said...

A special spot was breaking today with just a 666 out at a special spot our way GPA..A bit of swell rolling in

Hi JB, that 666 might have been me? Yellow board, glasses, making some missing lots.
It is a novelty spot. I go there a fair bit (on 666, mal or even shorty once). Hardly ever see anyone.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
11 Apr 2013 11:49AM
Thumbs Up

sls said...
jbshack said...
GPA said...

Hi JB, that 666 might have been me? Yellow board, glasses, making some missing lots.
It is a novelty spot. I go there a fair bit (on 666, mal or even shorty once). Hardly ever see anyone.

haha if it was you'd have seen me heading out on a 5.2 cat doing a water test..right at 2.20.. Swell looked real good and i would have thought a hand full on a 666?

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
11 Apr 2013 11:51AM
Thumbs Up

62mac said...
Somewhere 2 hours from many of you.
Photo of sons mate taken 2 weeks ago.

By plane that is

Have a fantastic day and a better weekend surfing
secrets,its been on fire but its a secret

I thought yeah by plane, then read the rest of your post

Mac your a bad man..But i love that first shot

Maybe you could sponsor a few of the young guys Rashies

Zuke
901 posts
12 Apr 2013 4:10PM
Thumbs Up

Hit up a different spot with a fellow 'breezer today. It wasn't big and it was onshore and raining the whole time but the faces were clean and we were stoked to be out there.

Sorry about the quality of the pic but like I said it was raining.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
12 Apr 2013 4:42PM
Thumbs Up

^^ Looks like heaps of fun, nice work

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
12 Apr 2013 6:13PM
Thumbs Up

I rarely ever get the feeling (maybe once or twice a year) but today I popped into Yelo for a coffee and to do some work and got a very strong sharky feeling from the water. So overcast and gloomy but real glassy...spooky as.

If I was out there Zuke I'd be sitting on my board with my feet out of the water hahaha!

Zuke
901 posts
12 Apr 2013 6:41PM
Thumbs Up

It was certainly very sharky out there today. You couldn't see the reef at all, the water was just black and you had to keep re-positioning yourself with each set because there was no reference point because it was so heavily overcast.

I wasn't worried at all whilst surfing and had a great time but it was a nervous paddle back to the boat and then there was that relief of making it back in the boat with all limbs in tact. A good day.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
15 Apr 2013 10:08AM
Thumbs Up

Nice unexpected waves on Sunday, bit of a drive but worth it

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
15 Apr 2013 10:31AM
Thumbs Up

Took the kids into a local spot and three hours later, rash on both me and my young guy and was very happy with the afternoon. Most of it was just my two kids, tow other young groms and myself. Sadly poeple started to notice the occasions sets rolling down teh beach and it ended up with myself and three other guys

Sick afternoon though. Went back this morning and SB said bigger swell, better winds and same tide and zip... Back to bed i went.

I was playing trying to get my Go Pro working to so i must have looked like a real dick

byf
WA, 512 posts
15 Apr 2013 12:14PM
Thumbs Up

Who cares what you looked like jb. You were in the ocean with your kids getting a few. Joy

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
15 Apr 2013 1:51PM
Thumbs Up

Was on a recreation day (no surfing) with friends and there was a few waves at a northern beachy, not huge but good banks making some fun peelers. Devo I did not have my board..

Anyone hear about the GW chasing people out of the water north of Wedge over the weekend?

Supposed to have been an absolute monster...hope its not 'Brutus' returning?

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
15 Apr 2013 1:57PM
Thumbs Up

Souwester said...
Was on a recreation day (no surfing) with friends and there was a few waves at a northern beachy, not huge but good banks making some fun peelers. Devo I did not have my board..

Anyone hear about the GW chasing people out of the water north of Wedge over the weekend?

Nope I was up there two weeks ago

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
15 Apr 2013 5:26PM
Thumbs Up

Souwester said...

Were did you hear that? I wonder if Fisheries or anyone has a clue

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
15 Apr 2013 7:11PM
Thumbs Up

I've done enough animal dissecting and report writing for a life time. I now how two weeks off. Suggestions on where to go?

Scotty88
4214 posts
15 Apr 2013 7:44PM
Thumbs Up

subasurf said...
I've done enough animal dissecting and report writing for a life time. I now how two weeks off. Suggestions on where to go?

Bali, cause all the surf spots in WA are secret.

byf
WA, 512 posts
15 Apr 2013 8:08PM
Thumbs Up

Ssshhh Scotty. There is no surf in Bali

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie