Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
smicko
WA, 2503 posts
15 Apr 2013 8:22PM
Thumbs Up

subasurf said...
I've done enough animal dissecting and report writing for a life time. I now how two weeks off. Suggestions on where to go?

**** me Suba it's April you can go anywhere this side of the equator, it's smoking everywhere. I'd kill for a week off about now but my partner is off traipsing about Europe on his honeymoon. Bastard.

Banks down south are epic, best tides of the year for my usual haunt. Rotto miraculously gives birth to about 10 new waves on these tides as well, Tentland is cheap enough. The normally windblown midwest lights up about now too, mid morning 1-1.3m high tides and light winds open up a plethora of reefs from Mandurah through to Kalbarri. You know those ones that you always look at goin " If only it was a foot deeper.." well now's the time.
Prime time of the year for the South coast too and best of all it's still boardies temps.

Just chuck a swag in the back with a couple of rods and piss off mate, April/May are the dogs bollocks. Hell I'll even lend you my double swag mate so you can take the lovely with you or find something to keep you warm along the way.

Wanker

synsies1000
WA, 270 posts
15 Apr 2013 8:45PM
Thumbs Up

I can concur with what smicko said about down the coast at the moment. Sweet peaky swells with some damn fine banks/shallow reefs now oozing with flawless conditions all day. hmmm by the look of the approaching weather you might get 2-3 days if yer lucky.

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
15 Apr 2013 9:12PM
Thumbs Up

Just for inspiration this is about this time last year....

quirkus
WA, 322 posts
15 Apr 2013 10:12PM
Thumbs Up

ooooooo,,,
where do we start,, ?

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
15 Apr 2013 10:12PM
Thumbs Up

Down south it is. once again. I'll get the 4runner's motor back together in the next couple of days and I'm off. I've got a few swags in the shed so all set and yeah, hopefully the little blonde comes with

sls
WA, 179 posts
15 Apr 2013 10:30PM
Thumbs Up

jbshack said...
Took the kids into a local spot and three hours later, rash on both me and my young guy and was very happy with the afternoon. Most of it was just my two kids, tow other young groms and myself. Sadly poeple started to notice the occasions sets rolling down teh beach and it ended up with myself and three other guys

Sick afternoon though. Went back this morning and SB said bigger swell, better winds and same tide and zip... Back to bed i went.

I was playing trying to get my Go Pro working to so i must have looked like a real dick

plenty of those shots around
small day at scarbs

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
16 Apr 2013 10:38AM
Thumbs Up

SLS are you a dentist too Cant show your face on the net..

SMicko i just love that wave. Sadly have no idea were it is though

My wife is out of town next week with kids so i have loads of time to surf morning and night. That and Thursday a holiday was thinking of a trip somewhere. Problem is she's taking my car so will have to take the Corolla[}:)] Any suggestions?

PM is fine

surferstu
1011 posts
16 Apr 2013 10:54AM
Thumbs Up

School holidays starts his weekend, will be crew everywhere.

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
16 Apr 2013 11:23AM
Thumbs Up

jbshack said...

Pretty much Pt Packed these days. Corolla would be fine. Sharky, though.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
16 Apr 2013 4:58PM
Thumbs Up

Legion said...
jbshack said...

I was hoping to head down your way Legion but sadly cant get the 666 on the Corolla

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
16 Apr 2013 5:06PM
Thumbs Up

jbshack said...
Legion said...
jbshack said...

I was hoping to head down your way Legion but sadly cant get the 666 on the Corolla

Hehe

Buster fin
WA, 2575 posts
16 Apr 2013 10:05PM
Thumbs Up

jbshack said...
Legion said...
jbshack said...

Can't get it on a low-loader either.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
19 Apr 2013 2:02PM
Thumbs Up

Sunday is looking great for an onshore bash

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
19 Apr 2013 2:06PM
Thumbs Up

Still stuck in ****ing Perth and doesn't look like I'll be roadtripping.
Note to self: Don't start a rebuild on your diesel engine in your driveway if you plan on using that vehicle it to get away

Ohwell, hoping to scrape something local this weekend to tide me over...even if it's just a sloppy onshore neck breaker. Just got a text from my cousin confirming another Indo trip soon.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
19 Apr 2013 2:16PM
Thumbs Up

subasurf said...
Still stuck in ****ing Perth and doesn't look like I'll be roadtripping.
Note to self: Don't start a rebuild on your diesel engine in your driveway if you plan on using that vehicle it to get away

Ohwell, hoping to scrape something local this weekend to tide me over...even if it's just a sloppy onshore neck breaker. Just got a text from my cousin confirming another Indo trip soon.

Mmmm Indo, thats a great idea

synsies1000
WA, 270 posts
19 Apr 2013 9:27PM
Thumbs Up

any breezer headn to Bali during june to aug? il be there with me family if ya want to catch up for a surf and a bintang.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
22 Apr 2013 3:33PM
Thumbs Up

Anyone had a look yet today? Just waiting for work to end but hoping the SW is not messing it up too much

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
22 Apr 2013 4:42PM
Thumbs Up

Pretty lite NW wind atmo

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
22 Apr 2013 4:46PM
Thumbs Up

mocha1 said...
Pretty lite NW wind atmo

Yeah i might have to dig out early.. Were to go though to avoid the crowds

Buster fin
WA, 2575 posts
22 Apr 2013 9:43PM
Thumbs Up

Got a few this evening but the sheep are a flocking.

5pm = work's out = groms go home ( in my dream reality).

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
22 Apr 2013 10:00PM
Thumbs Up

Were i ended up there was one other surfer and about 30 odd body boarders. Although a bit of size to it, it was like a full wash cycle and it was a workout just trying to stay sitting on my bloody board[}:)]

Hopefully early tomorrow

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
23 Apr 2013 10:14AM
Thumbs Up

Kearnsy's yesterday. Was good.

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
23 Apr 2013 12:51PM
Thumbs Up

pumping, 5 surfs in 2 days with maybe an afternoon sesh on the cards, life is good

WA71
WA, 1382 posts
23 Apr 2013 12:55PM
Thumbs Up

bakesy said...
pumping, 5 surfs in 2 days with maybe an afternoon sesh on the cards, life is good

Thursday is looking good as well

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
23 Apr 2013 3:02PM
Thumbs Up

4hrs with about 20-30 others at northern reef, buggers must've cottoned on to secret spot!!! Who's been blabbing facebookn or twittering
Great fun knackered spaghetti arms the lot, pumpin steel panther on the stereo, cheese n chicken sausage from scabby Abdul's to celebrate.....hope to do it all again many times over the next 2 weeks
Hope ya kids are drivin you nuts!

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
23 Apr 2013 3:03PM
Thumbs Up

This morning was better but bloody quick. Had to myself and about 28 or so speed humps who this morning had no idea on sharing[}:)]

I would sit on the rock wall away from the crowd waiting for the sets to move through were i was. Just to have them all fly down to me and sit on top of the rocks and proceeded to take every wave I explained some etiquette and suggested i would start just ignoring them and picked up a few waves after that but it soon started again so i left with 5 or so decent waves under my belt for an hour thirty[}:)]

A have a question about my SP Ted if your listening. I have found my feet really need to be set right on take of and have my back foot good but my front foot the board likes it more when my front foot is well up forward. SO a more spread leg feel but i have found I'm nose diving on take of a bit more Is that i need to stamp my back foot down more or move my front foot back I hope that makes sense
A few times even whilst trimming down the line i just go all submarine and down i go..

On a demo i watched a 666 and a few surfers out at a small Island and they seemed to be having some fun. Nice take of but a bit short and sweet after that though

Buster fin
WA, 2575 posts
23 Apr 2013 3:58PM
Thumbs Up

Waves non-existant at my local this arvo. There's still a dozen heads out there though.

Zuke
901 posts
23 Apr 2013 5:46PM
Thumbs Up

Trigg was packed this morning, boogers everywhere and I've never seen so many Go Pro's. Short boards, boogers and a longboard had one. There were even a couple of hand held ones but most were aimed back at the surfers face or knees or groin depending on the angle. There's going to be a lot of crowded 1' close out footage around.

Also, I wonder what the privacy situation is?

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
23 Apr 2013 5:48PM
Thumbs Up

Public space. Can film.

Zuke
901 posts
23 Apr 2013 5:53PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^ Thanks suba, that's what I thought.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie