Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
GPA
WA, 2519 posts
25 Apr 2013 10:34AM
Thumbs Up

Man - where are the Autumn banks already?! Trigg is as straight as a ruler...

Nearly saw a record - 8 people surfing one wave at Mettams... 5 going left and the three inside went straight. No thanks...

Looked at a couple of fickle breaks about 20min north but they were not working...

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
25 Apr 2013 2:24PM
Thumbs Up

GPA said...

Nearly saw a record - 8 people surfing one wave at Mettams... 5 going left and the three inside went straight. No thanks...

Looked at a couple of fickle breaks about 20min north but they were not working...

Surfed Lano today and it was fun enough. Lost a contact lense though and had to come in early so was hoping for another surf this arvo. ANy suggestions GPA Pm is fine..

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
25 Apr 2013 3:37PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah I was going to - but decided to go to the Dawn ANZAC Service....

I went back down again at 11:00am hoping the higher tide had something more to offer - wrong...

Trigg was very dumpy through 2nds and 3rds - watched for about 15 min and did not see anyone make a take-off and get more than 3 or 4m - boogers and clubbies included. Point looked OK - but it was pretty busy...

Mettams looked bigger, but just too many people on what was really an ordinary wave.

No one at Nth Mullaloo - only a couple of beach fishos and some sea weed.

Secret Spot further north had one 666 paddling hard on to a fat-burger wave that rolled out from underneath him.

I came home and mowed the lawn and swept the paths...

Hamsta
505 posts
25 Apr 2013 6:11PM
Thumbs Up

GPA said...

It has been freakishly still the past 3 days......today in particular.

I went for a long ride today to scope out the beach in front of a reserve. My ride was prompted by a conversation I had recently with someone who used to live in the area and surfed uncrowded waves there all the time. He reckons that many people cannot be bothered walking for 10 minutes along a track to get to the beach. There is no residential development and the dunes are still pretty healthy......got me thinking that it may be worth a look when the adjacent extremely well known break has stupidly crowded banks.

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
25 Apr 2013 6:58PM
Thumbs Up

Naa all those banks ain't banks yet either

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
25 Apr 2013 7:36PM
Thumbs Up

I went driving and ended up at Trigg point with a coffee and spent about an hour watching. Every super star was out practising. Better action on the path. Came home and took dogs for a walk. Spoke with a local who said my local went all time epic as the wind dropped and i missed it[}:)]

sls
WA, 179 posts
25 Apr 2013 11:37PM
Thumbs Up

Picked up a mate and drove form Mullaloo to Cottesloe. All a bit sad and did not even get in (mind you old mate was a bit crook).
6 SUPs and 6 surfboards at Isos and Cove, with the SUPS and one mal rider getting the best of it.

Agree with GPA's assessment. Checked all those spots on the way back.

Saw the SUP head out to the secret northern reef but it looked like the swell was too low and tide too high.

Tomorrow is shaping up all right though

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
26 Apr 2013 7:08AM
Thumbs Up

Swell up but wind south going sw already....typical really eh

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
26 Apr 2013 8:10AM
Thumbs Up

Heheheheh.
I'm glad.
And just a little busted up.

Poida
WA, 1916 posts
26 Apr 2013 9:04AM
Thumbs Up

some autumn joy, in the land of milk and honey
random dude, not making it

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
26 Apr 2013 11:51PM
Thumbs Up

Had a cracker of a surf today, some size about the sets. Lumpy and a bit unpredictable which made it easy to jag a few from the small crowds, just sit 20m away from the pack and wait for one to swing wide.

Had some nice late drops and long waves that just kept re-forming, was buggered when I got out. One of those days where you felt like you were gonna tear apart every wave you went for. Good vibe considering the reputation the place I was surfing has.

Grommy tried to snake so I just went hard at one and he pulled back, nothing needed to be said which is good cos i hate when that s**t happens. Ruins a good session.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
27 Apr 2013 12:35PM
Thumbs Up

Wasn't expecting much but checked out my local. Nothing so took a gamble and a short drive North at a spot i've wanted to surf for a while. Found only 4 out but the car park full.
I've heard its a bit unfriendly but the first guy i spoke to told me were to paddle out, got straight and biggest set of the day rolled in and as i was paddling from inside the first bloke out the back turned and called me into the biggest and best wave of the set.

It was s little fat but non the less a great ride to be had, but a bloody big paddle back each time. Only managed a hand full of waves but what a day..As i was driving of the car park was chockers, this other bloke waves and says "Seeya mate" Possibly the friendliest place i think i've ever surfed in my life

quirkus
WA, 322 posts
27 Apr 2013 1:15PM
Thumbs Up

Forecast onshores threw me, so decided to get a few brownie points and took the dog to the park. Looks like the wind was very light and variable after all.
Breath of fresh air when its friendly. I find the guys south west like that most of the time I go too.
Local booger lost his booger somehow, where I was the other day, I was on my way in so stopped it going up the beach a bit. Another board rider said something to the effect of "why bother?" .... go figure.

LateStarter
WA, 589 posts
27 Apr 2013 6:02PM
Thumbs Up

Got a few fun ones at a secret beachie today, crowd wasn't too bad and for the most part kook free and pretty friendly.

A couple of groms paddled out at the shift change, kept cherry picking and then calling blokes off 'their' waves.

Was funny to see an old head in the lineup have a quick word and tell them to behave.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
27 Apr 2013 8:52PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed this afternoon at a Northern Reef that i've never surfed before. Only a few guys out and a bit of fun. Until i damaged my board on a rock so dropped it into Soul Surf to be repaired.

I did Find a Burton 6'4" Silver Bullet that i like the look of...I was thinking of down sizing from my Fat Bullet that is 6'8" But it has strange Fin boxes. They look like the FCS new style but the rear and Cneter fin box seem a lot bigger. ANy ideas on what they could be, board is nearly new

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
28 Apr 2013 1:12PM
Thumbs Up

Drove North with fingers crossed... greeted by head high avg with bigger sets - shifty, but some nice big peaks and good walls to be had - but you had to wait.

Weed was annoying though and the paddle out harder than my out of form arms would have liked. Southerly started messing it up around 9:30am... then the rips started.

Had a cheeky dolphin snake me... had to smile though.

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
28 Apr 2013 6:12PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed a novelty reefy today for the first time, was a bit of fun only a handful out taking turns.

Got pretty sketchy as the tide started to drop, quite a fickle place, never thought of surfing it before, was a nice change to the usual set ups I have been surfing.

Awesome Autumn day, gotta be the best time of year for a surfer!

katana
WA, 644 posts
30 Apr 2013 11:29AM
Thumbs Up

scored some sic little shoulder high lefts with the ocasional head high bomb not much power but perfect shape good solo session before work 7/10 before a huge seal took the fun out if it .

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
30 Apr 2013 12:19PM
Thumbs Up

Where was my phonecallya bastardo

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
30 Apr 2013 3:28PM
Thumbs Up

Bloody big seal were i was with the kids aswell..[}:)]

katana
WA, 644 posts
30 Apr 2013 4:01PM
Thumbs Up

mocha1 said...
Where was my phonecallya bastardo

sorry mick last minute call blewit yesterday

quirkus
WA, 322 posts
30 Apr 2013 4:03PM
Thumbs Up

Whats with all the 'big seals'
Is that code

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
30 Apr 2013 4:26PM
Thumbs Up

quirkus said...
Is that code

Nope just bloody big sealsstinky breathed, pushy annoying creatures with bloody big K9 teeth that have a tendency to either be too playful, or trying to evade something else bigger and even more annoying than the seal itself

quirkus
WA, 322 posts
30 Apr 2013 4:30PM
Thumbs Up

jbshack said...
quirkus said...
Is that code

Nope just bloody big sealsstinky breathed, pushy annoying creatures with bloody big K9 teeth that have a tendency to either be too playful, or trying to evade something else bigger and even more annoying than the seal itself

yeah, got it. .hoping I hadn't missed something..

katana
WA, 644 posts
30 Apr 2013 10:10PM
Thumbs Up

jbshack said...
quirkus said...
Is that code

yeh this one was a little over freindly plus black sky ,blackwater and a couple miles offshore

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
30 Apr 2013 10:17PM
Thumbs Up

Actually sounding like I'm glad you didn't call[8D

Zuke
901 posts
1 May 2013 11:38AM
Thumbs Up

Good times.

bene313
WA, 1347 posts
3 May 2013 12:02PM
Thumbs Up

Not bad at the local beach this morning. Had size, few good rips. Low crowd too.

Should see an improvement in the banks from now, particularly with this front on the way next week.

katana
WA, 644 posts
3 May 2013 1:03PM
Thumbs Up

scored 6/10 mushy cross shore head + few barrels crowd left as we anchored up

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
3 May 2013 1:47PM
Thumbs Up

So they'd surfed with you before then?

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards