Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
Legion
WA, 2222 posts
24 Aug 2013 2:34PM
Thumbs Up

I was in at about 9:30 doggie. No Dave though, just wavewidow, and I was in a rush so I didn't hang around.

WA71
WA, 1382 posts
24 Aug 2013 2:57PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Legion said...
I was in at about 9:30 doggie. No Dave though, just wavewidow, and I was in a rush so I didn't hang around.

I was in the water by then

agnak
311 posts
24 Aug 2013 3:43PM
Thumbs Up

Still heaps of dolphins around, just ordinary ones tho.

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
24 Aug 2013 3:54PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
WA71 said..

Never thought I would surf a board under 6.0. This is a 5,11 and it paddled like a 6,4

Went nice but the waves were a bit small so the real test is tomorrow

anyone surfed the katana squad?
am thinking would be good as a summer groveller??

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
24 Aug 2013 4:00PM
Thumbs Up

We'll I am getting waves.....yet I'm looking forward to when . Can post a report back in the shorty room. Small,very small and very very small is our options on the goldy atm

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
24 Aug 2013 7:51PM
Thumbs Up

My scud is a squad (with 5 fin option) it's great in Perth slop and even better in good waves, recommend it highly.
I'm 6'3(4) and 95 kg surf a 6'2 x20x?? Floats me very well and is a good paddler (I'm pushin 44 too so it goes good for an almost old guy ....Dave fkukn rips on his scuds)

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
25 Aug 2013 12:54PM
Thumbs Up

My scud is a scud but it has 5 fin options, I use it as a quad......it works great in slop too

agnak
311 posts
25 Aug 2013 6:45PM
Thumbs Up

The Katana Semi Loaded board looks awesome too, wouldn`t mind one of them.

Anyway managed to snag a few ok waves thismorning, conditions were average tho but the dolphins were still around and i thought me luck had changed when i saw a white one but it was just a ordinary one rolling belly up mucking around. That big arse `ol seal`s got a problem tho, fkn heavy thinks he owns the joint!

Ol mate took a bit of film, said he`d send me a couple of snaps if he does I`ll put`em up.

agnak
311 posts
25 Aug 2013 9:00PM
Thumbs Up

Ordinary dolphins.

Here`s Frank!!

surferstu
1011 posts
26 Aug 2013 10:44AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
WA71 said..

Never thought I would surf a board under 6.0. This is a 5,11 and it paddled like a 6,4

Ride report?

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
26 Aug 2013 12:41PM
Thumbs Up

Offshore fun small reefy waves yesterday but had to wait a while between sets, watched the main pack of crew for a bit, saw that the lulls make everyone act like wave starved kooks so decided to sit on a peak out of the way, at least if I was going to have to wait for them I would not get 10 people paddling for it at the same time.

Looked like poor form from where I sat with some guys getting dropped in on after their second turn on the wave, managed a few ok ones all to myself so stoked with my decision to surf the lesser wave and largely have it to my self.

bene313
WA, 1347 posts
26 Aug 2013 2:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
agnak said..

Awesome shot, too bad about the quality.

LateStarter
WA, 589 posts
26 Aug 2013 3:11PM
Thumbs Up

Got a few fun ones yesterday at Perth's favourite beachy. Crowds were down slightly perhaps due to a combination of an unfavourable forecast and half of WA doing the City to Surf.

Despite the smaller numbers, people still seemed to flock together like lemmings, ditch their boards, drop in and scream abuse at oneanother. It was amusing to see one old seadog give a young 20-something (in a blue wetsuit, sporting a moustache no less) a mouthful for consistantly snaking other surfers in the lineup. The young guy fired back something about "whoever's deepest goes" but then copped another earful before he gave in and paddled away. Well played to the older chap for making sure everybody plays by 'The Rules'.

Is it time surfboards were sold with instructions, and a code of conduct perhaps?

agnak
311 posts
26 Aug 2013 4:30PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bene313 said..

Yep ok try this one then........June super moon this year.

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
26 Aug 2013 4:40PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah sometimes if you surf with the circus have to put up with a few animals, its amazing though you can still score on metro beaches by walking another 100m or so past the carpark to another bank..you might only have it to yourself for 30 min but will be the best 30 min of your session ha ha

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
26 Aug 2013 4:51PM
Thumbs Up

that's better kanga, any chance you can dial up these conditions for October?

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
26 Aug 2013 8:37PM
Thumbs Up

Is kanga the poster formerly known as thommo?

WA71
WA, 1382 posts
27 Aug 2013 12:57AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
surferstu said...
WA71 said..

Ride report?

Went very well. Had the biggest sweet spot known to modern man!! Very forgiving board. Didn't have the epoxy feel at all but paddled like a much longer board. All up I'm putting some thought into what I'm going to order. Maybe a bit longer and a bit narrower, maybe??

Buster fin
WA, 2576 posts
27 Aug 2013 6:14AM
Thumbs Up

I see the deck pad has let you down already...

Oh, it's a loaner.

katana
WA, 644 posts
27 Aug 2013 8:47AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Buster fin said..

Oh, it's a loaner.

that was a leftover billabong grip the logo lifted of on day one in bali ,wont be stocking those again

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
27 Aug 2013 9:23AM
Thumbs Up

No waves and howling onshore this morning

MickPC
8266 posts
27 Aug 2013 10:33AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
katana said..

Buster fin said..

Oh, it's a loaner.

that was a leftover billabong grip the logo lifted of on day one in bali ,wont be stocking those again

Same thing happened to me with the board I'm bringing in on Sat. Billabong logo popped out on the first surf.

P co
WA, 457 posts
27 Aug 2013 10:40AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Souwester said..

Offshore and waist high at scab's.

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
27 Aug 2013 10:53AM
Thumbs Up

Hence the wink after the statement ha ha

Seabreeze fooled everyone, took a punt and got some fun ones without the usual circus.

P co
WA, 457 posts
27 Aug 2013 11:40AM
Thumbs Up

Ah, tricked me.

Waveless
VIC, 117 posts
27 Aug 2013 3:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
P co said..

Souwester said..

Offshore and waist high at scab's.

Select to expand quote
Souwester said..

Hence the wink after the statement ha ha

Seabreeze fooled everyone, took a punt and got some fun ones without the usual circus.

Woke up this morning and as normal checked the graphs etc. Took the same punt and to my joy got a northern reef all to myself for the whole morning. Waves were alright but hey, no one out, rainbow peeping out of the clouds and the feeling of being sharky as f*** made it all worth it. Kept expecting someone to turn up but nope, shared waves with one of those ocean birds paddling around me. Got to love that feeling when you score!

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
28 Aug 2013 10:53AM
Thumbs Up

Fun waves this morning and next to no wind, fair spike in the swell!

Slept through alarm so only got a short session in, vibe was good, peaks popping up everywhere so no build up of crowds in one spot.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
28 Aug 2013 11:08AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Souwester said..

Fun waves this morning and next to no wind, fair spike in the swell!

Slept through alarm so only got a short session in, vibe was good, peaks popping up everywhere so no build up of crowds in one spot.

I surfed near a small comp and honestly got my arse handed to me just paddling out more then i got waves

I got a couple but am deeply depressed now. A few guys getting some great waves though

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
28 Aug 2013 11:28AM
Thumbs Up

Ha ha yeah was a bit full on on the inside when the sets came, I was on a longer board than yesterday and could not quite get deep enough with the duck dive....back I went!

I ran down the beach cos I was running late and then started furiously paddling out, got pumped by a couple of good ones, was buggered when I got out the back

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
28 Aug 2013 12:24PM
Thumbs Up

The sickness. The sickness.

2013 Top 5.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie