Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
30 May 2014 12:11PM
Thumbs Up

Cheers to the fisherman who decided to light up a copper log outside his car whilst camping over night. Walking back up the path not paying attention i managed to walk through his last nights camp fire, right in the centre of the track. Luckily it was not too hot. I saw a couple other nearly do it and then when i questioned him, he denied it, he said it was someone else's.

He eventually said sorry once i pointed out the wood saw and tools on the ground under his car

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
30 May 2014 1:24PM
Thumbs Up

Some solid waves coming through at Trigg. Some with nice shape, but there was a fair crowd hassling for them. I ended up 15min north. Unfortunately whilst there was some size and shape it became increasingly straight as time went by. And the weed is still awful.

Buster fin
WA, 2573 posts
30 May 2014 3:59PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah, I went a little south of said groups and it was too straight for me... off shore but still 2/10.

moohan
WA, 147 posts
30 May 2014 5:14PM
Thumbs Up

Didn't get out till close to 1pm today as I had to get some sleep before tonights night shift. I wasn't expecting much with the swell drop, just went down to roll the shoulders out before work and a bit of a swim. Greeted by perfectly groomed spitting barrels, pick a peak, and no one out (3 blokes had just gotten out after putting in a four hour session).

LordHumongus
WA, 17 posts
30 May 2014 5:31PM
Thumbs Up

Yeap, surfed where you surfed Busterfin by the sounds of it. Pretty straight and that backwash messing with it. Could of been so much better if only a couple of other factors lined up. But still good to get in the ocean.

Zuke
901 posts
30 May 2014 5:56PM
Thumbs Up

Have a good long weekend everyone.

Buster fin
WA, 2573 posts
30 May 2014 7:12PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^Gladly! When are we heading out?

Zuke
901 posts
30 May 2014 7:30PM
Thumbs Up

You missed the boat Buster but don't worry, I got plenty for both of us.

robb70
WA, 52 posts
30 May 2014 7:46PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said...
Cheers to the fisherman who decided to light up a copper log outside his car whilst camping over night. Walking back up the path not paying attention i managed to walk through his last nights camp fire, right in the centre of the track. Luckily it was not too hot. I saw a couple other nearly do it and then when i questioned him, he denied it, he said it was someone else's.

He eventually said sorry once i pointed out the wood saw and tools on the ground under his car

Another dude called them out that they removed the copper log from the fence. The guy threatened him that he had a 308 under the seat.
I believe they will be reported to the Police.

Torch
WA, 521 posts
31 May 2014 1:59PM
Thumbs Up

Swell was big but seemed a bit hung over, maybe it was the high tide. Got an absolute flogging on my back hand at a spot near west-end and retired to the pub with tail between my legs.
Some days you have it but some days you dont.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
31 May 2014 6:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
robb70 said..

jbshack said...

Another dude called them out that they removed the copper log from the fence. The guy threatened him that he had a 308 under the seat.
I believe they will be reported to the Police.

Really, he was big dude but i was in a bad mood so i said something. He looked sheepish when i left so i grabbed his plate rego if needed, but didn't bother to report it. What time was it that he said he had the gun I spoke with him as i was leaving at about 8:20..

robb70
WA, 52 posts
31 May 2014 7:09PM
Thumbs Up

JB
It was just after you left. Was the smaller guy making the threat

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
31 May 2014 8:22PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
robb70 said...
JB
It was just after you left. Was the smaller guy making the threat

Okay. The other guy hadn't got out of the car when I drove of

Rob were you heading in or getting out of the water

robb70
WA, 52 posts
1 Jun 2014 8:05AM
Thumbs Up

I was in the carpark when it happened

Souwester
WA, 1258 posts
1 Jun 2014 2:01PM
Thumbs Up

Lumpy shifty peaks at local reefy this morning, better than couch surfing though

Kerr-e
33 posts
1 Jun 2014 2:29PM
Thumbs Up

Coaching and playing winter sports (plus work of course) has kept me out of the water over the last few weeks. Went down to a Northern reefy yesterday morning and on the first wave I got pitched and landed fair and square on the side of my head; I knew straight away I had ruptured my eardrum. I still managed to stay out and catch a few waves before the pain set in, but now will be out of the water for at least the next four weeks. Upset!

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
1 Jun 2014 3:16PM
Thumbs Up

I fell sideways once, didn't rupture the eardrum but did whack it pretty hard. I went straight in on my belly and on walking on dry land I walked in a circle and almost fell over. I'm surprised you could manage more waves.

Got a few today in a place where lots of old guys seem to surf and I usually bypass. Maybe only surf it every couple of years. It was OK if you could find one that had some shape. Very straight and very backwashy everywhere and has been for a week.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
1 Jun 2014 4:18PM
Thumbs Up

Got up earlier than i needed to. Watched it procrastinating for nearly an hour and eventually went in thinking it was small. Actually turned out heavier than i thought and was able to work on my fitness and duck diving with my foot, instead of knee..Its hard to break old habits

Anyway managed two and half hours and loads of fun waves..All just a stones throw from home

Buster fin
WA, 2573 posts
1 Jun 2014 6:56PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Legion said..

Got a few today in a place where lots of old guys seem to surf and I usually bypass. Maybe only surf it every couple of years. It was OK if you could find one that had some shape. Very straight and very backwashy everywhere and has been for a week.

Coulda been where I was too, unless us oldies are everywhere... 2/10 ('cept for that sneaky tube early on)

Souwester
WA, 1258 posts
2 Jun 2014 12:59AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Kerreee said..

Coaching and playing winter sports (plus work of course) has kept me out of the water over the last few weeks. Went down to a Northern reefy yesterday morning and on the first wave I got pitched and landed fair and square on the side of my head; I knew straight away I had ruptured my eardrum. I still managed to stay out and catch a few waves before the pain set in, but now will be out of the water for at least the next four weeks. Upset!

That's bad luck, injuries suck but time out of water makes you really appreciate it when you get back in. I would have taken my board for a paddle in a pool once I was able to get back out there, no bad surf report was gonna get in my way!

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
2 Jun 2014 1:36PM
Thumbs Up

Head high glass - no weed, no wind, only a few out. My arms are stuffed

Buster fin
WA, 2573 posts
2 Jun 2014 5:35PM
Thumbs Up

Yep, snagged a couple myself.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
2 Jun 2014 7:02PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GPA said..

Head high glass - no weed, no wind, only a few out. My arms are stuffed

Sounds nice, glad you got a few..

Surfed again this morning local and had a blast. I managed some real fun speed runs but for conditions i still managed to get worked a bit too. Best bit was the crowd was all 30 feet away from me

Had a over friendly seal buzzing me for about 20 serous seconds. When he moved on i noticed my mate had well and truly ditched me and paddled away fast I don't like seals..I think the seal could tell and was enjoying teasing me

Souwester
WA, 1258 posts
3 Jun 2014 8:58AM
Thumbs Up

S**t mate that bloke

PRAWNDOG
WA, 306 posts
3 Jun 2014 9:01AM
Thumbs Up

Some nice peaks mid-day yesterday (for Perth )

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
3 Jun 2014 12:53PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Souwester said..

S**t mate that bloke

Yeah i thought id save naming and shaming

Looked good again today

Zuke
901 posts
3 Jun 2014 5:16PM
Thumbs Up

Great time of year, swell and no wind.

Souwester
WA, 1258 posts
4 Jun 2014 2:40PM
Thumbs Up

I really should have not done the drive by on the coast at lunch today...didnt need that kind of regret hanging over my head all afternoon

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
7 Jun 2014 12:44PM
Thumbs Up

Another fun quicky before work. Only managed a hand full of waves but had a blast as usual. Darth you slept in and missed out. Souwester and I plus only one other eventually so crowd factor was perfect.. Wind was chilly though

Razzonater
2224 posts
7 Jun 2014 2:13PM
Thumbs Up

Northern beachie, windy fresh cold heaps of chest high barrels 8.5 outta 10

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie