Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
saltiest1
NSW, 2491 posts
17 Sep 2014 9:13AM
Thumbs Up

yeah was a few fun ones here but nothing epic. great conditions.

Zuke
901 posts
17 Sep 2014 5:05PM
Thumbs Up

It's a great time of year and we've had some good conditions lately so I hope you've all scored something decent.

Razzonater
2224 posts
18 Sep 2014 12:18PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Zuke said...
It's a great time of year and we've had some good conditions lately so I hope you've all scored something decent.

Looks special.... Had me first paddle since back from coolie on Monday it was ok but cold cold cold need a new wettie. I want it to be made out of hot water bottles and filled with helium for slightly positive buoyancy. With a jet unit installed in each sleeve take offs will be a maximum of two paddles. Each jet unit will run off a solar panel installed into the wetsuit. The longer you surf the more energy becomes available for the jets. On one arm if the wetsuit will also be a web shooter. It will work similair to Spider-Man's and anyone who drops in could be captured to get sucked over the falls mid drop in. It's either that or I reckon the e bomb

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
18 Sep 2014 3:42PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Razzonater said..

Zuke said...

Looks special.... Had me first paddle since back from coolie on Monday it was ok but cold cold cold need a new wettie. I want it to be made out of hot water bottles and filled with helium for slightly positive buoyancy. With a jet unit installed in each sleeve take offs will be a maximum of two paddles. Each jet unit will run off a solar panel installed into the wetsuit. The longer you surf the more energy becomes available for the jets. On one arm if the wetsuit will also be a web shooter. It will work similair to Spider-Man's and anyone who drops in could be captured to get sucked over the falls mid drop in. It's either that or I reckon the e bomb

Check Wetsuit warehouse. There are having a sale..

bolgo
WA, 881 posts
18 Sep 2014 4:17PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Rip Curl 'Dawn Patrol' Springsuit - Mens
<div class="price-box">RRP: $199.99 Only: $199.95

cracking discount that one!!

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
18 Sep 2014 5:29PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bolgo said..

Thats not the jetpack model with built in heated water bottles and solar panels that Raz was chasing though

surfingboye
NSW, 2707 posts
18 Sep 2014 8:52PM
Thumbs Up

Zuke said..

jeeezzz lads, i feel sorry for ya's. wa looks depressing.

Razzonater
2224 posts
18 Sep 2014 8:22PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bolgo said...

That looks epic where is it?

DJMWA
WA, 342 posts
19 Sep 2014 2:07PM
Thumbs Up

Couple o sneaky ones this morning, good ol sea breeze getting the swell forecast wrong again..

agnak
311 posts
19 Sep 2014 5:40PM
Thumbs Up

Lay day way to many sharks !!

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
19 Sep 2014 5:50PM
Thumbs Up

Road tripping again mate?
Probably not gonna get any friendlier with this moon phase either. Was planning on a dawn patrol tomoz but decided to leave it til post tide change after checking the moon yesterday. Just gets a bit too suss this time of year.

agnak
311 posts
19 Sep 2014 6:03PM
Thumbs Up

Dead whale washed up...some big critters out there !!!

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
19 Sep 2014 6:11PM
Thumbs Up

At home or belem.....?

agnak
311 posts
19 Sep 2014 6:20PM
Thumbs Up

At home Mick.

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
19 Sep 2014 9:17PM
Thumbs Up

That's not good. The snail trail hangs around for a very long time when they're left to melt. Even worse when they melt into sand. Years.
Any chance of the lads gettin together and towing it out?

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
20 Sep 2014 10:56AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smicko said..
That's not good. The snail trail hangs around for a very long time when they're left to melt. Even worse when they melt into sand. Years.
Any chance of the lads gettin together and towing it out?

Buried whales leach for decades Councils burying whales i recon is almost criminal, anywhere near the water zone, but it happens all to often. A couple kms in land is okay..

Id tow it but keep it quiet, there is a $20000 fine for messing with dead endangered animals

agnak
311 posts
20 Sep 2014 11:40AM
Thumbs Up

Yes i know, don`t panic, it got moved away on a truck by the right authorities.

Seacht
WA, 376 posts
20 Sep 2014 5:15PM
Thumbs Up

Can anyone elaborate on the moon cycle and large shark behaviour/movement patterns?

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
20 Sep 2014 7:14PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Seacht said...
Can anyone elaborate on the moon cycle and large shark behaviour/movement patterns?

Oh **** here we go
Pretty intresting question if people have the facts and don't hijack it

Razzonater
2224 posts
20 Sep 2014 7:52PM
Thumbs Up

Sharks feed more during full moons,
Bigger tides on full moons will push sharks further upstream in rivers and estuaries. Particularly bull sharks.
Meanwhile out in the ocean your tiger sharks will be feeding along reef and coral edges from rivermouths and reef edges. Many sharks feed on dusk and dawn. Even though sharks have smallish eyes relative to their size moonlight will assist with sharks hunting on the surface. Sharks like makos and great whites will feed more on the surface during full moons. This is encouraged particularly in open ocean by increased fish, squid attracted to the surface by the light of the full moon.
In unrelated info a month is a moonth or one cycle of the moon this is 29.53 days with fish like salmon being genetically linked to know best spawning tides ( full moons) clearly this will also correlate with increased shark activity.
Some facts may be affected/clouded with minor personal opinion

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
20 Sep 2014 8:34PM
Thumbs Up

Take this topic to the general room fellas...not sure I can cope with another 50 page shark thread...anyone get some waves today?

Seacht
WA, 376 posts
20 Sep 2014 8:39PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah I agree with you .I had posted it before I thought about the forum thread.
Lets leave it at that.
Great answer Razz by the way.

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
20 Sep 2014 9:21PM
Thumbs Up

It's not just sharks, the ocean comes alive around the new and full moon. The whole food chain steps up a gear. And if you combine a tide change with a light change then it steps up another notch.
yep surfed today, it was poop. Again.

Razzonater
2224 posts
21 Sep 2014 7:43AM
Thumbs Up

There is something resembling waves at the beach now. Not enough to put my wetsuit on. ( looking okay through the week....

Buster fin
WA, 2575 posts
21 Sep 2014 8:17PM
Thumbs Up

Some untidy ones later this arvo on a quiet beach. Was a blast till Mr. Grumpy turned up...

Darr!

Razzonater
2224 posts
22 Sep 2014 9:19AM
Thumbs Up

There's a few on the reefs between trigg and hillaries, just did the drive the wind isn't that strong ATM. Reefs are waist to chest easy.

bene313
WA, 1347 posts
23 Sep 2014 10:09AM
Thumbs Up

Was ok this morning but too clean/straight really. Didn't have that winter wonk to the swell.

Checked the local groin which surprisingly wasn't really working, so headed a little further north to the usual.

Found a little rip bank with no one on it. Got a few which would hold up initially and lead to the eventual close out.

sparki
WA, 410 posts
23 Sep 2014 12:01PM
Thumbs Up

Ahhh yeahhh!

Don't care about you haters that'll crap all over me for these, so don't bother. Had a great session. Don't usually post photos unless the surf motivates me enough to nab some post session. Pretty motivated after this one!

Had a barrel that turned a few heads. Always a confidence booster!

bolgo
WA, 881 posts
23 Sep 2014 1:09PM
Thumbs Up

nice!
subasurf wont be happy secret spot revealed

trigg/scarb a bit unruly, back wash, sizey for there pretty straight

shoulda gone south

Razzonater
2224 posts
23 Sep 2014 1:58PM
Thumbs Up

Trigg had one bank with 30 plus punters on it. There would of been epic waves in some places. Sadly my time window closed and all I could think while checking trigg was where else I should of gone. Faaaaaaaar king

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie