Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
23 Sep 2014 5:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
sparki said...
Ahhh yeahhh!

Don't care about you haters that'll crap all over me for these, so don't bother. Had a great session. Don't usually post photos unless the surf motivates me enough to nab some post session. Pretty motivated after this one!

Had a barrel that turned a few heads. Always a confidence booster!

I can't believe I am saying this... But that actually looks pretty fun

jimbo76
WA, 46 posts
23 Sep 2014 7:33PM
Thumbs Up

I haven't seen it look like that since sometime in the 90's, but in its defence I haven't been too bothered to check in a long time and now don't have the time to, even struggling to get to my local and thats a 10 minute walk from home.

Buster fin
WA, 2575 posts
23 Sep 2014 9:35PM
Thumbs Up

I had fun at Trigg but would surely have had more fun there^^^^

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
24 Sep 2014 10:23AM
Thumbs Up

Sick fun at metro beachy for dawn patrol, a short jog down the beach warmed me up and got me away from the circus.

The bank I was on had 5 max. and everyone took turns and called each other in.

Love Spring

Razzonater
2224 posts
24 Sep 2014 12:09PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed everyone's favourite left crowd of 5 turned into 20 good ettiquette good crowd.
Said hi to a fellow seabreezer riding the nano.
Headline reads surfing forum brings good vibes to the water
Spring is here....

Razzonater
2224 posts
24 Sep 2014 12:14PM
Thumbs Up

Jeff ( I think) send us a pm and you can borrow the 510 for research purposes

Zuke
901 posts
25 Sep 2014 4:48PM
Thumbs Up

Young fella that works for me sometimes wanted to be paid in waves. Gotta love this time of year!

surferstu
1011 posts
25 Sep 2014 11:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
sparki said..
Ahhh yeahhh!

Don't care about you haters that'll crap all over me for these, so don't bother. Had a great session. Don't usually post photos unless the surf motivates me enough to nab some post session. Pretty motivated after this one!

Not my local so I don't give a crap, but if it was id be so pissed off. So now that all the seabreeze members and many more lurkers know this ultra fickle beachie has a good bank, what do you think your chances are of scoring that "head Turning barrel" next time there's a swell without the usual circus wa crowds.

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
26 Sep 2014 8:48AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
sparki said..
Ahhh yeahhh!

Thats the best photo of that place I have ever seen....I used to surf around there all the time growing up and I reckon I saw it once a bit better than that it had a bank from behind the groin for some reason that was breaking left all the way through to the bell that we used to jump off...add that day to the other handful I saw in 15 years of surfing the [place and fickle is an understatment....

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
26 Sep 2014 7:57AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
surferstu said...
sparki said..
Ahhh yeahhh!

Not my local so I don't give a crap, but if it was id be so pissed off. So now that all the seabreeze members and many more lurkers know this ultra fickle beachie has a good bank, what do you think your chances are of scoring that "head Turning barrel" next time there's a swell without the usual circus wa crowds.

You got to be taking the piss don't ya!?

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
26 Sep 2014 10:51AM
Thumbs Up

Looking at the waves and the foam from previous waves it's very close to a closeout. And it will be shut to surfing for the summer in a couple of days anyway. So turn up all you want crowds, and the ranger will confiscate your boards.

bolgo
WA, 881 posts
26 Sep 2014 1:04PM
Thumbs Up

hmmm

been surfing there since stuart bedford-brown was ripping it up as a grommet
left off the groyne to the beach was the dream, rarely seen

so whats wrong with a nice photo? not like a few million people dont pass it by on the way to other secret uncrowded and A1 world class breaks
(ssshhh - cove, seconds, isolator, dutch inn, arto's, might take another 20 years to get a foto of a good day there too)

too many haters here (and in life generally)

cheer up and share some love of a nice shot, dream of catching a nice wave,

be happy that someone did get a good one and would like to share that feeling - isnt that what surfing is sometimes about?

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
26 Sep 2014 4:32PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bolgo said..

hmmm

so whats wrong with a nice photo? not like a few million people dont pass it by on the way to other secret uncrowded and A1 world class breaks
(ssshhh - cove, seconds, isolator, dutch inn, arto's, might take another 20 years to get a foto of a good day there too)

be happy that someone did get a good one and would like to share that feeling - isnt that what surfing is sometimes about?

I'm with this guy...hardly a secret spot

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
26 Sep 2014 4:43PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bolgo said...

hmmm

Great post to go with a great pic

sparki
WA, 410 posts
26 Sep 2014 6:58PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
surferstu said..

sparki said..
Ahhh yeahhh!

haha, was expecting a reply like that. well, to be honest i'd say a lot of the reason i got it like i did is because it's super fickle. in a way it controls the crowds by itself. if word is spread that it was great one day, the likelihood is that for a future swell it won't be as good so people are disappointed and leave to find more consistent waves. that's actually happened countless times for me at this wave; the reason i was so stoked from the session. only reason i knew it was on was because of a mate that lives around the corner informing me.

i've scored way more (and better) barrels along the northern beaches and any knowledgeable surfer will realise that's pretty logical, so i'm not sure i care if people try to find barreling joy there. they won't find it on 360+ days of the year. and yep, like others have stated, you've got to be kidding. 'usual circus wa crowds'. go surf snapper on a decent day (if you haven't already experienced it) and you'll be looking forward to surfing in perth, even during the weekend.

legion, i will admit the left in the first photo was too fast. the others, the rights were great. lefts, fast, space for a hack before a closeout by the pylon.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
26 Sep 2014 7:47PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
sparki said..

surferstu said..

sparki said..
Ahhh yeahhh!

haha, was expecting a reply like that. well, to be honest i'd say a lot of the reason i got it like i did is because it's super fickle. in a way it controls the crowds by itself. if word is spread that it was great one day, the likelihood is that for a future swell it won't be as good so people are disappointed and leave to find more consistent waves. that's actually happened countless times for me at this wave; the reason i was so stoked from the session. only reason i knew it was on was because of a mate that lives around the corner informing me.

i've scored way more (and better) barrels along the northern beaches and any knowledgeable surfer will realise that's pretty logical, so i'm not sure i care if people try to find barreling joy there. they won't find it on 360+ days of the year. and yep, like others have stated, you've got to be kidding. 'usual circus wa crowds'. go surf snapper on a decent day (if you haven't already experienced it) and you'll be looking forward to surfing in perth, even during the weekend.

legion, i will admit the left in the first photo was too fast. the others, the rights were great. lefts, fast, space for a hack before a closeout by the pylon.

I wouldn't worry, Surferstu is a right dick

Nice shots and thanks for sharing..

mitchbat
WA, 397 posts
26 Sep 2014 9:04PM
Thumbs Up

surferstu
1011 posts
26 Sep 2014 9:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
sparki said..

surferstu said..

sparki said..
Ahhh yeahhh!

Fair enough, I unfairly targeted you as a vent for my frustrations over crowds..apologies. You must admit the qualitiy of waves vs the number of people in the water makes it hard to get a good surf in perth. I don't even go near that region anymore for that reason....and the number of gay gondolas.

surferstu
1011 posts
26 Sep 2014 9:18PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bjshack said..

sparki said..

surferstu said..

sparki said..
Ahhh yeahhh!

I wouldn't worry, Surferstu is a right dick

Nice shots and thanks for sharing..

congratulations bjshack you posted something that didn't include sharks..well done

moohan
WA, 147 posts
27 Sep 2014 1:17AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tux said..

sparki said..
Ahhh yeahhh!

Thats the best photo of that place I have ever seen....I used to surf around there all the time growing up and I reckon I saw it once a bit better than that it had a bank from behind the groin for some reason that was breaking left all the way through to the bell that we used to jump off...add that day to the other handful I saw in 15 years of surfing the [place and fickle is an understatment....

I remember it having a long left bank like that around 1999/2000. I remember a few from the Groyne finishing up pretty close to Slimies too. I haven't seen it again since, but I stopped checking it in the early 2000's.

sparki
WA, 410 posts
27 Sep 2014 1:38AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
moohan said..

Tux said..

sparki said..
Ahhh yeahhh!

I remember it having a long left bank like that around 1999/2000. I remember a few from the Groyne finishing up pretty close to Slimies too. I haven't seen it again since, but I stopped checking it in the early 2000's.

I understand why you would have stopped checking when you did. It's only the odd mutant storm wave that breaks like that any more. Stoked feeling when you manage to snag one like that, but the feeling wears off when you realise that those kind of waves aren't more common.

surferstu, i understand your frustration, however you've got to realise that with the increasing popularity of surfing in general and seemingly decreasing quality of surf around perth you've got to be innovative as a surfer these days. whether it be by making friends with people who are willing to let you in on cracking spots (like my pics) on the given day or by just taking that extra 5 mins watching the water to try and pin point the best banks you can have a surf that'll change your mindset pretty quickly. i still have sessions every now and again that are absolute magic.... right in the middle of the 'epicentre' of perth surf, yet barely 50 metres away from the bulk of crowd that decides to go for the bank directly out from the pathway to the beach.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
27 Sep 2014 7:45AM
Thumbs Up

surferstu said..

sparki said..

surferstu said..

sparki said..
Ahhh yeahhh!

Fair enough, I unfairly targeted you as a vent for my frustrations over crowds..apologies. You must admit the qualitiy of waves vs the number of people in the water makes it hard to get a good surf in perth. I don't even go near that region anymore for that reason....and the number of gay gondolas.

Congratulations Surferstu you posted something that wasn't juts a personal attack

I hope even the tittle help's you ST
www.theinertia.com/surf/7-scientifically-proven-ways-to-be-a-happier-surfer/

surferstu
1011 posts
27 Sep 2014 8:32AM
Thumbs Up

bjshack said..

surferstu said..

sparki said..

surferstu said..

sparki said..
Ahhh yeahhh!

Congratulations Surferstu you posted something that wasn't juts a personal attack

I hope even the tittle help's you ST
www.theinertia.com/surf/7-scientifically-proven-ways-to-be-a-happier-surfer/

You are quite the "master baiter" in those shark threads though, you troll us all so much I can't help it!

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
27 Sep 2014 12:19PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
moohan said..

I remember a few from the Groyne finishing up pretty close to Slimies too.

Yeah, that's never happened. Not ever. I would put $1,000,000 on it (monthly mortgage payment on a house nearby).

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
27 Sep 2014 12:20PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
mitchbat said..

That's a picture of the last time it broke before sparki's pictures.

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
27 Sep 2014 1:32PM
Thumbs Up

I've surfed it from out past the groyne through to Slimies, big A frames that were peaking just NW of the groyne and linking up to the next wave down the line. Had to race the first section and backdoor the next. Fond memories of standing in the front bar next to the fire completely surfed out. Was a bloody good pub when the pool tables were out the front.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
27 Sep 2014 3:02PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smicko said...
I've surfed it from out past the groyne through to Slimies, big A frames that were peaking just NW of the groyne and linking up to the next wave down the line. Had to race the first section and backdoor the next. Fond memories of standing in the front bar next to the fire completely surfed out. Was a bloody good pub when the pool tables were out the front.

Time to take the know it all's money then

Coohan
84 posts
27 Sep 2014 4:11PM
Thumbs Up

All bow down to Legion, the master of all Perth Metro surf knowledge. You should start a youtube channel. 'How to shoot everyone else down in 60 seconds with good guy Legion' or something.

PS: how **** is the wind today??

moohan
WA, 147 posts
27 Sep 2014 5:01PM
Thumbs Up

Sorry you missed it legion, unlucky :)

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
27 Sep 2014 7:25PM
Thumbs Up

I'll stand by the bet. I think you guys are viewing the past with rose-coloured glasses.

To put it in perspective, an equivalent measurement is Trigg Pt to the second carpark bank. We can double down if anyone wants to claim that?

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie