Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
katana
WA, 644 posts
28 Apr 2015 3:43PM
Thumbs Up

got up there early with the kids JB and they scored clean waist to shoulder high waves
I couldn't get in to it especially after solid perfect 6foot NZ slabs on Saturday feet still frozen yep back to reality!

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
28 Apr 2015 4:19PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
katana said..
got up there early with the kids JB and they scored clean waist to shoulder high waves
I couldn't get in to it especially after solid perfect 6foot NZ slabs on Saturday feet still frozen yep back to reality!

Seriously i would have died for that, how early are you talking? We got their about 10 ish and although we were down a bit, this was a set wave

The most fun was seeing the young guys parade up and down being towed on a Wakeboard behind the car, especially when one poor fella lots his pants completely

Edit: Oops i just re read that and missed the THEY scored shoulder high.. How did Jake like his new board

katana
WA, 644 posts
29 Apr 2015 8:43AM
Thumbs Up

we were in the water by 7 jb no one out kids had fun although weird it only seem to be hitting the northern end
Jake loved his new 5'0 but I think I should have gone 5'4,i went low volume as he is learning to duck dive

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
30 Apr 2015 11:58AM
Thumbs Up

Nice little kick in the swell - Northerly ruffling the top from 10:00am... TP and Smots the best of it. Metts fat despite the low tide.

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
1 May 2015 1:00PM
Thumbs Up

Was looking good this morning then the wind killed it big time.
Disappointing and now have a new forehead shaped ding in my board.

Buster fin
WA, 2575 posts
1 May 2015 7:25PM
Thumbs Up

Yep, I got out there just in time for the ill wind, too. But it was good for emptying the line up.
Yay for getting wet

Zuke
901 posts
1 May 2015 8:42PM
Thumbs Up

Yes it was a good onshore session Buster and well worth the effort. I liked the way it was just getting bigger the longer we were out and that new board of yours was looking better the bigger it got.

Buster fin
WA, 2575 posts
1 May 2015 9:07PM
Thumbs Up

Yep, I'm looking forward to the call when it's bigger still. Cheers for that!

Buster fin
WA, 2575 posts
2 May 2015 9:12PM
Thumbs Up

Did no one surf today?

I mean, everyone! How packed was everywhere??
Plenty of carnage to be sure.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
3 May 2015 12:11PM
Thumbs Up

4 guys out and two went in, then 3 came out and one snapped a board, the numbers were staking in our favour until a fire at spot sent everyone to our beach. The pushing and joycling started coming down the stares Then it was all of a sudden very crowded. But i had already had my fill so still happy

Razzonater
2224 posts
3 May 2015 5:17PM
Thumbs Up

lbb yesterday not bad...maldives in 6 sleeps better than christmas

flyingcab
VIC, 942 posts
3 May 2015 7:46PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Buster fin said..
Worst summer ever?

Definitely was a crap summer... Until a Low pressure system lunches over SEDLD/ NSW delivery huge clean waves.. life is looking up

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
4 May 2015 10:27AM
Thumbs Up

Snapped another one. Was lumpy but some great waves to be had. Managed a few to myself before this happened.

mitchbat
WA, 397 posts
4 May 2015 11:01AM
Thumbs Up

^^ Bad judgement after half a bottle of Captain Morgan's for breakfast?

LateStarter
WA, 589 posts
4 May 2015 11:11AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
subasurf said..
Snapped another one. Was lumpy but some great waves to be had. Managed a few to myself before this happened.

I've snapped 2 JS boards in the last year - both straight across the middle like yours.

Suspect glassing or just coincidence?

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
4 May 2015 11:26AM
Thumbs Up

That's disconcerting :-/
Mine had a small delamination bubble along the line where it cracked, so I guess I was always on borrowed time.

But yeah, glass is very thin. But God, the board rode well. 5'8" and super responsive. Second board in a year :-(

As for the rum...there's also a carton of beer under the diving gear hahaha...but I don't actually drink ;-)

bene313
WA, 1347 posts
4 May 2015 11:38AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
subasurf said..
As for the rum...there's also a carton of beer under the diving gear hahaha...but I don't actually drink ;-)

Soooo you just keep it there so you can offer your mates a nice warm beer after a surf/dive?

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
4 May 2015 1:35PM
Thumbs Up

I work at sea a few times a week...so if the boat ever runs out of beer I've got a carton ready to go ;-)
It's emu, so I'm happy to give it away ;-)

Also always keep beers in the car for when we prawn trawl the river (research).

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
4 May 2015 5:54PM
Thumbs Up

Ah JS...can't get over how badly they are glassed .. As week as piss. Nice shapes though.

Zuke
901 posts
4 May 2015 6:01PM
Thumbs Up

I saw one out at Smots and one at Metts this morning but both had wetties on so you must have been somewhere else Suba.

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
4 May 2015 6:16PM
Thumbs Up

Get with the times Zuke, it's been established that I've gotten soft in the past 2 years and now surf in a 2mm springy chest zip

Zuke
901 posts
4 May 2015 6:28PM
Thumbs Up

But really, another board? I don't know anyone who goes through boards like you.

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
4 May 2015 6:44PM
Thumbs Up

Yep another board.
I don't ditch my boards and I try to look after them...but I am in the water more than most people I know and given I was the only one in the water where I was this morning I probably get more stormy dredging waves than many people....and it took one trip over the falls today to end in disappointment.

Bad timing...was only in for 30 minutes before it happened and I've only got a gun and an old Len Dibben single fin left...looks like I'll be taking photos tomorrow.

Razzonater
2224 posts
11 May 2015 2:56AM
Thumbs Up

Maldives update, got here Friday evening, Saturday was easy double head at pasta sultans wind bit strong got a couple epic waves and epic pumpings. Today was less wind and clean good head and a half two surfs one at pasta one at sultans. Sultans was a barrel fest sultans is epic.
Photos will be posted when I can

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
11 May 2015 6:43AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Razzonater said..
Maldives update, got here Friday evening, Saturday was easy double head at pasta sultans wind bit strong got a couple epic waves and epic pumpings. Today was less wind and clean good head and a half two surfs one at pasta one at sultans. Sultans was a barrel fest sultans is epic.

looking forward to them pics you lucky bastard

Salty Sea Dog
VIC, 346 posts
11 May 2015 5:26PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Razzonater said..

Razzonater
2224 posts
11 May 2015 4:08PM
Thumbs Up

Razzonater
2224 posts
11 May 2015 4:10PM
Thumbs Up

Razzonater
2224 posts
11 May 2015 4:16PM
Thumbs Up

The last pics are of today it's clean and big it's dropped a bit since yesterday but it's still solid head and half double head

JulianRoss
WA, 543 posts
11 May 2015 5:17PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Razz,
Two empty waves at Pasta?, and an empty deck, what is going on??... That looks too good to be true!
have fun..

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie