Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
Razzonater
2224 posts
11 May 2015 6:35PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Julian,
Its been mechanical for the last two days, everyone has clocked up a million waves it's pumping. Sultans yesterday was throwing out hard. Second trip here and we have copped the best swell of the season, there was a snapped board and a couple snapped Leggies today. It's day three clocked up at least ten hours in the water already yeeeeow

quirkus
WA, 322 posts
11 May 2015 7:29PM
Thumbs Up

Nothing better than a 10 meter walk to the steps and 100 meter paddle to the line up, and max of 10 guys out!!
,, and I dream of Honky's..

quirkus
WA, 322 posts
11 May 2015 7:57PM
Thumbs Up

Same spot last year..

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
11 May 2015 8:00PM
Thumbs Up

That looks like a still from a video........correct?

TimKay
752 posts
11 May 2015 8:08PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Razzonater said..
Hey Julian,
Its been mechanical for the last two days, everyone has clocked up a million waves it's pumping. Sultans yesterday was throwing out hard. Second trip here and we have copped the best swell of the season, there was a snapped board and a couple snapped Leggies today. It's day three clocked up at least ten hours in the water already yeeeeow

Are the locals allowed to surf there

quirkus
WA, 322 posts
11 May 2015 9:12PM
Thumbs Up

Scruba ,, good guess..

quirkus
WA, 322 posts
11 May 2015 9:20PM
Thumbs Up

TK,, no locals,, its a holiday surf resort island with a handful of staff and 'guides'.. island about dunno,, maybe 1/4 sqkm ?

Zuke
901 posts
13 May 2015 5:25PM
Thumbs Up

It's been a while but put in the effort and shared the stoke with a fellow 'breezer. There were some with a bit of size coming through and someone who shall not be named lost some bark after being caught on the inside, but he did make the biggest drop of the day! On another note, when are you coming over to wash all of the blood out of my boat Buster?

Buster fin
WA, 2575 posts
14 May 2015 6:09AM
Thumbs Up

LateStarter
WA, 589 posts
14 May 2015 11:12AM
Thumbs Up

you gotta pay to play, or so they say :)

At least you guys are getting some! The only waves i've had in the last few weeks have been from the bus driver on the way to work!

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
16 May 2015 2:06PM
Thumbs Up

Siiiiick little waves this morning at secret spot in front of secret kebab shop and large Observation point!!

Buster fin
WA, 2575 posts
16 May 2015 8:39PM
Thumbs Up

I'm sure Mocha's was sicker.

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
17 May 2015 11:44AM
Thumbs Up

Just had cott (tea rooms) at the angriest I've seen it in years. Rough as guts but best fun I've had in a long time. Some solid stuff coming through, got a bomb right gander from north of the bell to the groyne, that's how far out they were breaking.

DJMWA
WA, 343 posts
17 May 2015 12:45PM
Thumbs Up

Looks like it was so windy at Rotto yesterday that it blew the wind meter upside down

bobin
WA, 35 posts
17 May 2015 1:24PM
Thumbs Up

Nup- so windy it blew the the island around, now stricklands will only work on a sea breeze -take note everyone!!

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
17 May 2015 1:54PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
subasurf said...
Just had cott (tea rooms) at the angriest I've seen it in years. Rough as guts but best fun I've had in a long time. Some solid stuff coming through, got a bomb right gander from north of the bell to the groyne, that's how far out they were breaking.

Keen to see some pics if you took some. Weather certainly is wild and the banks have been caned

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
17 May 2015 2:11PM
Thumbs Up

I wish I got some pics. There was a bunch of people there taking photos (wishI saw them afterwards cause I would have bought them) but I was too keen to be in the water ;) I wasn't in for long though. Busy week, been ill, hardly slept so the heaving water got to me and I spewed up in the lineup and felt like I was going to pass out hahahaha. Funny to get sea sick when surfing given I work at sea. Now I know what i must feel like. When I got washed into shore I just hobbled back to my car and drove home still in my soaking wettie. Otherwise I would have definitely stayed to do some filming/photos. Some guys were getting epic rides.

I love my Indo greenrooms but for me, nothing comes close to being as a fun as massive heaving drainers in a big storm.

EDIT: I might go back for an late arvo bash again...see how the next few hours unfold now that I'm feeling better

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
17 May 2015 5:35PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ctngoodvibes said..

subasurf said...

Keen to see some pics if you took some. Weather certainly is wild and the banks have been caned

There was a video on Perth now i think of tea rooms.
Oops sorry 9 news Perth

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
17 May 2015 5:37PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Buster fin said..
I'm sure Mocha's was sicker.

I surf at Scarborough....a lot-I'm easy to please

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
17 May 2015 7:50PM
Thumbs Up

At what time Scooby-do? No-one didn't have a wetsuit. Oh, you said short arm steamer, right? Dark shoulder length hair, not a white board ...

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
17 May 2015 8:02PM
Thumbs Up

That's probably me...where you in? My board was a bunky old 6'4" clearwater....my good shiny white one snapped the other week.

Better yet, if you saw that guy spew then yes it was me hahaha

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
17 May 2015 8:15PM
Thumbs Up

We were within a few metres of each other for quite some time. You paddled out more north and drifted south to middles over time. Evening was better, but that's not saying much. Still, as you say, storms are fun.

I was hoping Apollo would take off, I thought it would.

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
17 May 2015 8:28PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah I paddle in far north and tried to stay north of the post.

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
18 May 2015 6:19PM
Thumbs Up

Anyone get in today?

Spent three hours in at trigg and it was far better than I expected. Some barrels on offer when the right set wave came through and you managed to survive the rail drop.

LateStarter
WA, 589 posts
19 May 2015 12:05PM
Thumbs Up

Saw this doing the rounds today. Glad I stayed home to watch the dockers!

surferstu
1011 posts
19 May 2015 12:32PM
Thumbs Up

mitchbat
WA, 397 posts
19 May 2015 1:24PM
Thumbs Up

^^^Only in Perth would that be considered surfable

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
19 May 2015 2:31PM
Thumbs Up

hahahahahah

In other news, I better contemplate a thicker wetsuit as it currently looks like there's a strong chance I'll be off to the Falkland Islands for a while. Ofcourse the first thing I did was look up the surf scene there and well...it could be worse:

Picking would likely be slim but at least it wont have the crowds like Pt Packed

Buster fin
WA, 2575 posts
19 May 2015 4:28PM
Thumbs Up

Super cold?

Check.

Super sharky?

Check.

Have fun!

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
19 May 2015 4:40PM
Thumbs Up

There's only one shark attack recorded there that I know of (can't be bothered searching) and that was around 100 years ago. It's south of the White Shark distribution so I should be fine ;) I think I'll be more worried about dressing up as a seal in an area that is inhabited by Killer Whales and I've heard that mines from the war can be a bit of a bother.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie