Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
Razzonater
2224 posts
8 May 2017 9:19PM
Thumbs Up

double/triple head behind big island sat......

head/half small island Sunday.

Greenroom
WA, 7608 posts
8 May 2017 9:24PM
Thumbs Up

You blokes scored big time.
Its been shiz over the weekend.
Pathetic really.
Dont bother come a knocking.

mousetrap
WA, 64 posts
8 May 2017 10:53PM
Thumbs Up

Yeh the coast was crap all weekend ha

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
9 May 2017 7:05AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
esoom said..
Surfed LBB over the weekend on a surf camp with 16 girls with varying levels of ability !

Hmm, interesting.

mitchbat
WA, 397 posts
9 May 2017 9:42AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Souwester said..

mitchbat said..
After 13 years in Perth I finally caved in to peer group pressure on Saturday and paddled out at Trigg Point. There were definitely some good waves on offer (none ridden by me) and some guys were getting some decent pits (again not me) but all in all a frustrating and average experience. I'll give it a 2/10 but only because I scored a decent carpark.

It is also bloody dangerous if you don't know how to handle that sort of a crowd (which I don't), hats off to the guys who rip that place and don't get hurt or hurt anyone on a daily basis - absolute miracle there is not 20 serious injuries a day!

You're spot on there I had a few nervous moments paddling out. Between all the kooks ditching their boards and the occasional shredder flying down the line it's pretty scary paddling back out. Not my cup of tea at all

mazdon
1196 posts
9 May 2017 1:28PM
Thumbs Up

anyone have a good link to any photos from the weekends swell? I'm not much of an instagram or fb follower, so not sure who is posting photos a day or two after swells these days?

would have been some crew towing the right surely (I know a couple that went that direction), some good shots from around the bombies at prev on Saturday, and then Sunday reefies as it eased.
got a few waves myself but would love to see some shots of the chargers either paddling or towing that were around...

m00chy
WA, 77 posts
9 May 2017 6:52PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Legion said..

esoom said..
Surfed LBB over the weekend on a surf camp with 16 girls with varying levels of ability !

Hmm, interesting.

Legion, I gotta take my hat off to you. Your'e like a celeb who stays out of the trash mags.

mousetrap
WA, 64 posts
9 May 2017 10:32PM
Thumbs Up

A screenshot of a Peter Jovic Photography (from fb) photo.

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
10 May 2017 8:59AM
Thumbs Up

How much more can this vintage groms body take?! No time to rest though, it's still firing.

quikdrawMcgraw
1221 posts
15 May 2017 5:13PM
Thumbs Up

my brother got acouple sunny coast

quikdrawMcgraw
1221 posts
16 May 2017 5:55PM
Thumbs Up

same sesh

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
20 May 2017 7:36PM
Thumbs Up

How good was today locally?
had two surfs one from 630-8am was good till the bus arrived with frothers discovering it was offshore. Surf 2 from 1030-100pm was about as good as spotx gets (cept for those radish spesh days) got some very good waves inc barrels I actually came out of even the backwash buggered off as did the crowd

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
21 May 2017 7:37AM
Thumbs Up

Yeah, but the crowds were impressive. As was the violence dished out by the banks on my poor old unexpecting body.

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
21 May 2017 10:31AM
Thumbs Up

Classic conditions yesterday, have heard a few stories from mates saying best waves that have had all year. Was offshore from just before Sunrise right until sunset.

Had a look at Trigg Point this morning - King of the Point contestants were copping a few floggings!

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
23 May 2017 8:06PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Souwester said..
Classic conditions yesterday, have heard a few stories from mates saying best waves that have had all year. Was offshore from just before Sunrise right until sunset.

Had a look at Trigg Point this morning - King of the Point contestants were copping a few floggings!

Yep, i wasn't interested but wife organised a play date with my son and his mate on Sat arvo, had a blast with glassy conditions till dark..

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
27 May 2017 5:41PM
Thumbs Up

It seems to have been ok in the westernmost city of this fair(?) land. Anybody got anything to report?

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
27 May 2017 6:44PM
Thumbs Up

Jagged a bumpy coldish dawn session north of the big smoke with a mate.

Fun size with not too many out really, we both scored a couple of keepers.

The peak I opted for was mostly people doing the righty which was nice for a change. Called in one bloke on a set and then later he did the same for me, had to pinch myself, did that really happen?

Was not the best conditions but I was just glad it was not a straight super crowded beachie

Saw some carnage on the main peak as I got out, there must be a kook magnet under that bit of reef, not that I care if they all end up over there thats all the better for the rest of us. Drop in's, Snakes, Aiming for people, board ditching all in the 5 minutes I watched it - geeeez.

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
28 May 2017 12:08PM
Thumbs Up

Some nice head high speed demons, little west swell

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
29 May 2017 3:02PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed yesterday morning and arvo, small but super fun with only a few mates, water was super clear, but all be it slightly chilly..

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
31 May 2017 7:54AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..
Surfed yesterday morning and arvo, small but super fun with only a few mates, water was super clear, but all be it slightly chilly..

Water temp is ok, wind chill

Razzonater
2224 posts
31 May 2017 7:07PM
Thumbs Up

Its pumping all long weekend everyone should go down south all of you every single one

bolgo
WA, 881 posts
2 Jun 2017 9:41AM
Thumbs Up

not so secret spot south of gero very nice this am
crisp off shore , right sized swell
water remarkably warm

car parks full of RVs etc but 4 out early

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
2 Jun 2017 3:01PM
Thumbs Up

next few days look good

Razzonater
2224 posts
5 Jun 2017 3:01PM
Thumbs Up

Lbb this morning cold and soupy wanted to go out but it was double up city wonky and no bank.... couple lads went out and saw them get 1 decent ine each in about 30-40 minutes ..... didnt go out bakery than car prisoner for another hour

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
6 Jun 2017 10:14AM
Thumbs Up

Surfed Cott main on Sunday with my son. Small but super fun waves, crashing into the weed and watching the girls play volley ball..

Monday surfed my back washy local and was average at best. Same spot the same day last year was one of the best days I've surfed my local. How the waves have changed in the last year

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
6 Jun 2017 12:52PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..
Surfed Cott main on Sunday with my son. Small but super fun waves, crashing into the weed and watching the girls play volley ball..

Monday surfed my back washy local and was average at best. Same spot the same day last year was one of the best days I've surfed my local. How the waves have changed in the last year

Backwash everywhere on Monday

Sunday was the day

mitchbat
WA, 397 posts
6 Jun 2017 2:10PM
Thumbs Up

A few from Sunday morning. Plenty of waves to go around early before the carpark filled up

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
11 Jun 2017 2:36PM
Thumbs Up

Took a punt, paid off big time

Razzonater
2224 posts
11 Jun 2017 7:49PM
Thumbs Up

I surfed trigg point on saturday from 1030-1 it was fully fully bad.....buying took my 9,1 mal out and got a million shin burners there was only 4-5 people out and the carpark was full......this never happens I felt like a spy undercover getting a heap of runners waiting for my cover to be blown... At around 1250 I got 2 little gems in a row, at 105 three fit grommets came running down the hill followed by another 2 my situation was jeapordised.. My cover was blown,,, I got one in,

first proper per nose ride on the mal both feet on the nose toes on one foot fully over only big toe on other but trotted up the path like I had one the pipe masters,,,I have been trying to get a proper nose ride in for 3 months and finally I did it....

anyway self praise is no praise...

didnt surf today

MickPC
8266 posts
13 Jun 2017 6:03PM
Thumbs Up

Cover blown lol...well done mate

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie