Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
6 Jul 2017 2:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Buster fin said..
You guys can't see the forest for the trees.

Im sure you have a better report

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
6 Jul 2017 7:26PM
Thumbs Up

Indeed. Did you get a glimpse of todays line ups, for example?

Razzonater
2224 posts
6 Jul 2017 7:58PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Buster fin said..

Valid points mr buster at what time did you inspect, I have a particular haunt in mind for Saturday but tide is critical to success of the mission.
mission is being approached with military precision (there's a clue to suspect location)
By all means Saturday morning will be good up and down the coast but there is a specific window I am hunting for a specific wave.. tide to low its double up city tide to high its a bit crumbly...
similar to space travel and finding planets fit for human habitation I hunting for "the Goldilocks zone"

It is a mission which has swell direction at optimum whilst perhaps not as large as other swells the specific direction at said tide is looking promising..
Looking into my surf diary ( this is real) at 2014 there is an anomaly of epic ness at this time of year however two weeks earlier, all factors align with direction of swell wind and tide, the only one which has created doubt is the ese instead of a e or ene however due to the light but steady 11 knot window I am hoping for groomed swell and in the right direction.
I have said to much however this is the seriousness of a full time job and two days a week available for surf..
I have turned into a cross between Liam kneeson and terminator when it comes to getting waves in the 48 hour period of freedom called the weekend.
like a seagull on a chip, fly on a turd, I will be there hunting never stopping paddling (coughing as I am also a smoker) until my fingers and toes are blue from hyperthermia and my core temperature is below what mere humans could survive...
As I paddle into wave after wave grunting and making strange faces to keep the masses away I will become Rasputin weekend warrior, appearing at a beach near you.

NB: Dramatisation may not of happened

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
7 Jul 2017 7:50AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Buster fin said..

Nope seen nothing.

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
7 Jul 2017 4:49PM
Thumbs Up

It's looking pretty good right now, too. But I just couldn't be bothered.

I know I'll regret it when the hoards amass tomorrow!

Razzonater
2224 posts
8 Jul 2017 2:05PM
Thumbs Up

Rasputin weekend warrior
flawless victory

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
8 Jul 2017 3:52PM
Thumbs Up

I hope it was bigger than it looks.

IFocus
WA, 582 posts
8 Jul 2017 4:11PM
Thumbs Up

Had a couple of nice waves at dawn but had to shoo away the penguins and avoid icebergs cold got me around 9.00am

Razzonater
2224 posts
8 Jul 2017 4:18PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Legion said..
I hope it was bigger than it looks.

Good head height I zoomed in on the pic but here ya go
Unzoomed this is from a good 3-400 metres away

MickPC
8266 posts
8 Jul 2017 5:28PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
IFocus said..
Had a couple of nice waves at dawn but had to shoo away the penguins and avoid icebergs cold got me around 9.00am

I was actually a little hot at times...yep you are due a new wettie...maybe even a hood, few guys out with them today

IFocus
WA, 582 posts
8 Jul 2017 5:37PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..

IFocus said..

I was actually a little hot at times...yep you are due a new wettie...maybe even a hood, few guys out with them today

Says he sweating it out with the flash new suit

I had boots and hood on.........old age, grey hair just doesn't cut it

Ordered new 3/2 Vissla on the way home (last of the big spenders Mick)

MickPC
8266 posts
8 Jul 2017 6:01PM
Thumbs Up

Sweet hope it goes good for ya mate

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
9 Jul 2017 1:36PM
Thumbs Up

LBB worth the drive. Pretty good shape, head high sets (mostly lefts), no weed, rips ok, and water temp better than expected.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
9 Jul 2017 6:49PM
Thumbs Up

Had a blast locally, just My son, a mate for over three hours.. Seems the dead whale and sharks kept people in the carpark watching So absolutely destroyed and in die need of getting more surf fit

Razzonater
2224 posts
9 Jul 2017 7:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..
Had a blast locally, just My son, a mate for over three hours.. Seems the dead whale and sharks kept people in the carpark watching So absolutely destroyed and in die need of getting more surf fit

I couldn't get a leave pass today after yesterday's mega mammoth surf time,,, Around 10 today missy and bubs fell asleep and I thought about sneaking up there I knew it would be crowded, good to hear someone scored metro with no one ...

hows the banks????

Razzonater
2224 posts
9 Jul 2017 7:16PM
Thumbs Up

Knew it would be uncrowded ....

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
10 Jul 2017 9:24AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Razzonater said..

jbshack said..

I couldn't get a leave pass today after yesterday's mega mammoth surf time,,, Around 10 today missy and bubs fell asleep and I thought about sneaking up there I knew it would be crowded, good to hear someone scored metro with no one ...

hows the banks????

There was actual shape locally!!

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
10 Jul 2017 1:27PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Razzonater said..

jbshack said..

hows the banks????

It was only small again, knee to waist, maybe a bit smaller, but fun enough. Yeah people on the hill watching, i guess we made it look so good

I really just thought id paddle around (trying to keep up some fitness) but ended up getting a good little session under our belts, plus three hours, managed to solve most of the worlds problems to boot

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
11 Jul 2017 5:19PM
Thumbs Up

Ahh yes! It's those mid-week -no-one-out sessions that put a smile on my dial. Sloppy but fast if you hook into a runner.

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
13 Jul 2017 6:45PM
Thumbs Up

No-one?

I scored a novelty wave for the afternoon. Hafta get the ol' super glue onto the foot, however.
6/10 considering what was on offer elsewhere that I checked.

I do wonder how s******x was though. A few peeps onto that to be sure.

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
13 Jul 2017 7:47PM
Thumbs Up

Was thinking the same as I checked the wind and swell throughout the day...whilst I was at work! Im sure it would have been fun.

Anyone ever noticed that the optimal time to surf in Perth in any season is mid morning? This is a little theory I have had for a while. The bets surfs I have scored have fallen this way.

In Summer the low tide builds nicely after being stupidly low at dawn and the early morning offshore backs off...

In Winter the high tide back off a bit giving a bit more urgency to the surf and quiet often wind glasses off....

Being mid morning you escape the most of the 'Johnny Aggro Pre Work Paddle Crew' as well..

I find it totally fitting that the perfect time to surf is almost always going to be the least crowded - go figure!

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
13 Jul 2017 7:55PM
Thumbs Up

Yep. The dream seems to be to have no job but plenty of petrol in the tank and food in the gut.

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
14 Jul 2017 5:51PM
Thumbs Up

Only me surfing, huh? Seems like I'm surrounded by soggy sheeple wherever I roam though...

I kept it local and had fun today.

It's shaping up to be a good year, surf-average wise, touch wood.

I love your work Huey!

Razzonater
2224 posts
14 Jul 2017 6:26PM
Thumbs Up

Hey buster im a 9-5 worker ant so little to report at current...
Gents a guy was bumped by a sizey shark today at floreat keep your eyes out.
Between the whale carcass which has drifted past freo now (was up at quinns last weekend) and the floreat incident approach with caution.
(I will be surfing as its my only window word of legit warning not a hoax)

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
14 Jul 2017 7:00PM
Thumbs Up

Ooooooh! Thanks for the heads up.
I once felt your pain, Razzy, but have made financial sacrifice for the gain in psychological freedom.

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
14 Jul 2017 7:01PM
Thumbs Up

See you out there tomorrow, btw.

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
14 Jul 2017 9:16PM
Thumbs Up

Good call Razz, look out for each other over the weekend guys.

Razzonater
2224 posts
15 Jul 2017 7:32PM
Thumbs Up

No joy for me today I left it till 930 for tide reasons and today I hear the early bird got the worm...........
tomorrow is onshore from the get go

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
15 Jul 2017 8:37PM
Thumbs Up

No, razz, the early bird went back to bed disappointed after having flown a fair bit of the coast.

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
15 Jul 2017 9:29PM
Thumbs Up

Buckle up for the next week

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie