Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
IFocus
WA, 582 posts
31 Aug 2018 2:46PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..
lol Razz, I didn't want to say anything last week. I surfed everyday from Sunday to Saturday with either just a couple of mates or a few more. I didn't want to say anything to encourage people to get out there. It was a beautiful week & I probably should have got some work done on my garden. But I was just too surfed out....and this sh1t about it being cold pfffttt, its the warmest winter we've had in years

Hmm not cold low tide been murder didn't you get a new flash suit last year

Razzonater
2224 posts
31 Aug 2018 4:36PM
Thumbs Up

MickPC
8266 posts
31 Aug 2018 11:38PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
IFocus said..

MickPC said..
lol Razz, I didn't want to say anything last week. I surfed everyday from Sunday to Saturday with either just a couple of mates or a few more. I didn't want to say anything to encourage people to get out there. It was a beautiful week & I probably should have got some work done on my garden. But I was just too surfed out....and this sh1t about it being cold pfffttt, its the warmest winter we've had in years

lol I was thinking the same thing about you mate. From memory I recommended you the same suit I bought that cost me $180 from the Quicky ebay store. A standard 3x2, glued seams wettie, nothing flash at all. Yours was more than double if I remember correctly

But I do wear booties & a hat pretty much all year round & that does make a big difference

IFocus
WA, 582 posts
1 Sep 2018 9:22AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..

IFocus said..

MickPC said..

lol I was thinking the same thing about you mate. From memory I recommended you the same suit I bought that cost me $180 from the Quicky ebay store. A standard 3x2, glued seams wettie, nothing flash at all. Yours was more than double if I remember correctly

But I do wear booties & a hat pretty much all year round & that does make a big difference

My problem is I dont have the body to put in the suit

Razzonater
2224 posts
2 Sep 2018 1:15PM
Thumbs Up

Yesterday was horrible

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
2 Sep 2018 4:09PM
Thumbs Up

I'm sorry to hear that Razz. I'm sure you got a few none the less.

MickPC
8266 posts
2 Sep 2018 4:18PM
Thumbs Up

Yep looks very cloudy, better luck next time bro

MickPC
8266 posts
5 Sep 2018 12:39PM
Thumbs Up

Some fun ones on the treadmill this morning...totally destroyed them...my arms that is

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
10 Sep 2018 12:46PM
Thumbs Up

Looking forward to some holiday waves

Razzonater
2224 posts
11 Sep 2018 12:04PM
Thumbs Up

friday was good,today was ok

Razzonater
2224 posts
18 Sep 2018 11:59AM
Thumbs Up

Silence is golden

JulianRoss
WA, 543 posts
18 Sep 2018 2:39PM
Thumbs Up

Just got a sneaky couple... but one of those was on the head.

MickPC
8266 posts
18 Sep 2018 4:22PM
Thumbs Up

So sh1t today, yesterday & the day before, shame the rest of the week will suck too

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
18 Sep 2018 6:57PM
Thumbs Up

I see that tongue in your cheek...

But lucky for you I guess. The banks up here are awful, unless I'm the only one missing out...

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
21 Sep 2018 11:56AM
Thumbs Up

Been good here

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
22 Sep 2018 6:12PM
Thumbs Up

It's been fun if not good at my haunts but the manners are atrocious! Beginners and rippers alike.

Razzonater
2224 posts
23 Sep 2018 5:20PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed my spiritual beachies down south today couple big ones and the best pit I've had in months, one very good flogging and one day he one phenomenal barrel.

dont pay the ferryman until he gets you to the other side.

pay to play 10/10 for size barrels and hard lesson

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
23 Sep 2018 6:50PM
Thumbs Up

So that's where everyone is. Y'aint missing anything here, so get your fill!

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
23 Sep 2018 8:01PM
Thumbs Up

Super fun dawny this morning. Some bowly wedgey waves with minimal crew for most of the session. Bloody love how the beaches can shape up after a decent winter!

Razzonater
2224 posts
25 Sep 2018 8:39AM
Thumbs Up

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
28 Sep 2018 2:17PM
Thumbs Up

Zuke
901 posts
28 Sep 2018 7:35PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^^ Little light on detail Darth.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
30 Sep 2018 6:03PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Zuke said..

Always love grand final days to help with crowds..

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
1 Oct 2018 1:40PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Zuke said..

I was on holidays, the reefs were on!!

Razzonater
2224 posts
2 Oct 2018 7:08AM
Thumbs Up

The winter swells are gone and the metro banks as well.
goooood run real good run.

This winter I would also like to nominate the bodysurfer who surfed trigg all winter for an award.
He would appear on a similar pattern to me for half the winter, we never really spoke however he would often paddle out in the same rip or bank as me.
A couple of the larger days he took a couple big beatings like a man.
This went on for some time and I'm sure he got a couple good ones but I never seen them.
some time mid August on a big day and after seeing him in the water for a few months he took a right hand drainer, it threw as he dropped in and he made a good 3-5 seconds of barrel before coming out only to get destroyed by the end section.

The dude put in a lot of effort for that one, of course he probably got more but something between morbid curiosity and the entertainment offered by bodysurfing solid beachies kept me wanting to observe

The dude would have a little kids paddle kick board as well which looks like the ones the kids learn on in the pool which only added to the scenario.

Why??? I think he was just having fun, that's why we surf?

MickPC
8266 posts
2 Oct 2018 1:44PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah its been a good year Razz, heaps of storms to generate plenty of swell

Went out in the springy today expecting a quick sesh but it was a lot better than it looked. Another day in paradise

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
2 Oct 2018 10:02PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Razzonater said..
The winter swells are gone and the metro banks as well.
goooood run real good run.

This winter I would also like to nominate the bodysurfer who surfed trigg all winter for an award.
He would appear on a similar pattern to me for half the winter, we never really spoke however he would often paddle out in the same rip or bank as me.
A couple of the larger days he took a couple big beatings like a man.
This went on for some time and I'm sure he got a couple good ones but I never seen them.
some time mid August on a big day and after seeing him in the water for a few months he took a right hand drainer, it threw as he dropped in and he made a good 3-5 seconds of barrel before coming out only to get destroyed by the end section.

The dude put in a lot of effort for that one, of course he probably got more but something between morbid curiosity and the entertainment offered by bodysurfing solid beachies kept me wanting to observe

The dude would have a little kids paddle kick board as well which looks like the ones the kids learn on in the pool which only added to the scenario.

Why??? I think he was just having fun, that's why we surf?

I think i have met the bloke you are talking about Razz, had a good chat with him over a coffee after we saw him out with us on a big ugly day.

He's a pretty good swimmer and knows the beaches really well, told me he was part of the scarbs life guards.

Really nice bloke who just froths on the beach and loves getting absolutely flogged chasing barrels, if you see him again say G'day

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
6 Oct 2018 6:03PM
Thumbs Up

Small but sectiony runners on offer at a certain time and location today.
A few cloggers threatening the sanity at times.

MickPC
8266 posts
7 Oct 2018 2:17PM
Thumbs Up

Wasn't expecting much today, stuck a 666 to the roof for a flatwater paddle & a shortie in the back just in case. Absolute magic day, not much going on except for a sucky chest high novelty right breaking a few feet in front of exposed reef. Seems I paid Huey my dues yesterday, had a great time

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
7 Oct 2018 4:40PM
Thumbs Up

I'm glad that was short lived for you.
Yeah, plenty for the keen/desparate today. And a glorious bit of weather too, I'm sure you'll agree.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie