Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
Razzonater
2224 posts
8 Oct 2018 12:26PM
Thumbs Up

Today is razzonaters birthday
It is compulsory to surf on the birthday no matter the forecast.
For ten years now ( this is the tenth in a row) the 8th of October has had waves wherever I find myself.

Todays forecast was looking really grim. Really really grim, the cameras this morning indicated terrible waves, I sighed got in my car and than proceeded to rock up too chest height peelers with three out, tubes turns and speed runs for two hours.
The guys in the water thanked me for having my birthday, I thanked them for being there.
Normally there is a million here when it looks anything like this, glassy walls and all

After 1 hour and 45 minutes there was a ten minute lull last wave was called and as I got changed and watched off another one did not come through whilst I was there.

that was it.

mazdon
1196 posts
8 Oct 2018 12:57PM
Thumbs Up

delightful.

happy bday razz-man, keep up the quality posting!

(lurker) maz

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
8 Oct 2018 1:01PM
Thumbs Up

Do you have to reserve your birthday surf with Huey?
Mine is coming up. Must make that call.

Razzonater
2224 posts
8 Oct 2018 2:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Buster fin said..
Do you have to reserve your birthday surf with Huey?
Mine is coming up. Must make that call.

I put my order in leading up to my birthday, I like to drop hints to Huey during surfs like, gee Huey that last wave shut down and with my birthday coming up ...... we'll surely a little pulse wouldn't go astray.

Huey: ( I use the voice of king trident on the little mermaid, yes I watch it and yes I have kids) well Sebastian my little soldier crab if it's a pulse you want than it will be there.

put your order in now buster, he used to give out brochures and written forms but it just attracted a lot of spam. Eat the turtle flyers, hug the shark campaign, some dude in India looking for a wife etc etc

it also looks like your talking to yourself in the lineup , normally creates a bit off space

MickPC
8266 posts
8 Oct 2018 10:55PM
Thumbs Up

Good score Razz, looks heaps fun...happy birthday

IFocus
WA, 582 posts
9 Oct 2018 8:56AM
Thumbs Up

"it also looks like your talking to yourself in the lineup , normally creates a bit off space"

Gold

Razzonater
2224 posts
15 Oct 2018 7:43PM
Thumbs Up

I'd like to think someone else has been surfing.

Any reports???

Club round on the mal over weekend had some fun waves
Indian Ocean long board club on facie. Sunday down south in the bay
pic by mick marlin

Had a bit of push

JulianRoss
WA, 543 posts
16 Oct 2018 8:41AM
Thumbs Up

I had a storm surf in Perth Sunday. It was surprisingly good. Monday morning I felt like I'd been hit by a bus...

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
16 Oct 2018 5:21PM
Thumbs Up

Great wave metro early morning, secret spot in front of "famous" sunset clappers zone!!! 4 out early early enjoying peaky lefts and rights with the occasional baz!!! Quickly became a zoo in the following 1/2hour
ran up the beach to secret spot x ..less shape less crowd but nabbed a couple b4 work called

JulianRoss
WA, 543 posts
16 Oct 2018 5:26PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
mocha1 said..
Great wave metro early morning, secret spot in front of "famous" sunset clappers zone!!! 4 out early early enjoying peaky lefts and rights with the occasional baz!!! Quickly became a zoo in the following 1/2hour
ran up the beach to secret spot x ..less shape less crowd but nabbed a couple b4 work called

I arrived at the same time as the onshore... still had a grovel.

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
16 Oct 2018 5:48PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
JulianRoss said..

mocha1 said..

I arrived at the same time as the onshore... still had a grovel.

Ditto Oh to have the late start... THere's almost enough time now... Soon...

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
23 Oct 2018 7:36AM
Thumbs Up

JulianRoss
WA, 543 posts
23 Oct 2018 8:27AM
Thumbs Up

The early today was good...

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
23 Oct 2018 1:27PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
JulianRoss said..

Saw it on the cams, couldn't get near it

IFocus
WA, 582 posts
23 Oct 2018 2:09PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah couple of nice ones this morning before the breeze moved around

JulianRoss
WA, 543 posts
23 Oct 2018 2:36PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DARTH said..

JulianRoss said..

OK..... that would explain your choice of emoji. I thought that perhaps either you had extremely high standards..... or that I'm happy to play in slush...

Razzonater
2224 posts
23 Oct 2018 3:50PM
Thumbs Up

This morning was remarkably punchy and hollow on the usual metro stretch.
half a dozen barrels nice little bank good fun.

i didn't go down till about 8 and I reckon the wind was on it by 930 or so.
I was stoked but annoyed at my two coffee , fluff around , take my time routine, I fell about 30 minutes short of my desired barrel appetite

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
23 Oct 2018 3:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
JulianRoss said..

DARTH said..

JulianRoss said..

OK..... that would explain your choice of emoji. I thought that perhaps either you had extremely high standards..... or that I'm happy to play in slush...

The older I get the higher my standards get lol

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
23 Oct 2018 7:21PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DARTH said..

JulianRoss said..

DARTH said..

JulianRoss said..

Yeah - I have that same problem - and it does get worse with age. Just not happy with crowded slops anymore...

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
24 Oct 2018 11:20AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GPA said..

DARTH said..

JulianRoss said..

DARTH said..

JulianRoss said..

Yeah - I have that same problem - and it does get worse with age. Just not happy with crowded slops anymore...

Grand final day morning was awesome at a normally crowded reef, border line swell prediction for that spot may have helped

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
28 Oct 2018 9:31AM
Thumbs Up

Well that was better than expected... Trigg 3rds for the early on the mal... lefts and rights. Got crowded around 8:00am.

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
29 Oct 2018 7:50AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GPA said..
Well that was better than expected... Trigg 3rds for the early on the mal... lefts and rights. Got crowded around 8:00am.

Did the drive north and scored

IFocus
WA, 582 posts
30 Oct 2018 11:42AM
Thumbs Up

Hasn't been pretty but have to put the yards in to regain fitness other than surf comp crowds at least have been good just me falling off like a kook and a young bloke tearing the heart out of little wonky set waves this morning

JulianRoss
WA, 543 posts
30 Oct 2018 2:52PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
IFocus said..
Hasn't been pretty but have to put the yards in to regain fitness other than surf comp crowds at least have been good just me falling off like a kook and a young bloke tearing the heart out of little wonky set waves this morning

well I'm guessing you weren't looking at me this morning. The only tearing I was doing was my hair as the set waves were closing out either side of me....

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
30 Oct 2018 3:24PM
Thumbs Up

At least you lucky buggers are in the water.

Razzonater
2224 posts
30 Oct 2018 4:55PM
Thumbs Up

Yep I haven't surfed since last week.
i got up at 5 on Sunday checked the cam ( it's light now 530 ) and it looked empty but some flu like virus had knocked down my whole family and I was like a single man flu fighting army. I spent the weekend nursing my family through the weekend , immune or so I thought to the parasite child 1 or child 2 had brought into my house.
lucky I had Monday tuesday to surf, no no no get sick Monday and it's poo still crook today just better for my Wednesday commitments

JulianRoss
WA, 543 posts
31 Oct 2018 8:51AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Razzonater said..
Yep I haven't surfed since last week.
i got up at 5 on Sunday checked the cam ( it's light now 530 ) and it looked empty but some flu like virus had knocked down my whole family and I was like a single man flu fighting army. I spent the weekend nursing my family through the weekend , immune or so I thought to the parasite child 1 or child 2 had brought into my house.
lucky I had Monday tuesday to surf, no no no get sick Monday and it's poo still crook today just better for my Wednesday commitments

Yep, it was better today.

MickPC
8266 posts
31 Oct 2018 3:43PM
Thumbs Up

Previous 3 days were pretty good, bit grovelly today...but I picked up a sexy 7'0 semi gun for an upcoming trip...fully stoked

IFocus
WA, 582 posts
31 Oct 2018 4:24PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..
Previous 3 days were pretty good, bit grovelly today...but I picked up a sexy 7'0 semi gun for an upcoming trip...fully stoked

Where you off to Mick.....he asks with green envy

MickPC
8266 posts
31 Oct 2018 5:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
IFocus said...
Where you off to Mick.....he asks with green envy

Couple of weeks in Hawaii m8...I'm a little scared of the potential crowds, hoping numbers are thinned by big swells...but not too big haha

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie