DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
18 Mar 2019 9:15AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
JulianRoss said..

DARTH said..
Got a couple yesterday, not bad really.

Yep, I was there with 10 000 of my closest mates. Managed a couple. Clear, warm water. So the air that I punted when the backwash sent me into a near earth orbit, can I claim it?

Yes you can, there was a few out that's for sure!

MickPC
8266 posts
18 Mar 2019 11:14AM
Thumbs Up

Well that swell died in the ass pretty quick, still a few fun ones but was hoping the swell would stick around till Tues. Don't care Wed I have to go to Perth to pick up a board.

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
18 Mar 2019 7:09PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..
Well that swell died in the ass pretty quick, still a few fun ones but was hoping the swell would stick around till Tues. Don't care Wed I have to go to Perth to pick up a board.

Excellent! It will crank until your board cures!

MickPC
8266 posts
19 Mar 2019 7:13AM
Thumbs Up

Should do a surf trip to Perth ya reckon

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
19 Mar 2019 2:55PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah, come and spend a day in my booties. That'll make you appreciate your local.

MickPC
8266 posts
21 Mar 2019 1:51PM
Thumbs Up

Oh I do Buster, I surfed Perth between the ages of 8 & 22.....

Stoked with my new second hand board I bought as a stepup. I realized in Hawaii I really needed something between my 7 foot Delta & the shortboards I have so was chasing a 6'6 or 6'8. Stoked to have picked up this 6'6 x 18 7/8 x 2 7/16 yesterday. I took it out today not expecting it to go very well in head high waves. Paddles so good & goes like a rocket set up as thruster. Boyd Purdy designed it to be ridden as a quad so can't wait to give that a go when waves are breaking faster. I've ridden a few of Boyd's boards & they've all been very good so I guess I shouldn't really be surprised its a faking sick board...Stoked!!!

PS the discolouration is plant shade, I took the pics at 0630 this morning before I waxed it up

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
21 Mar 2019 2:28PM
Thumbs Up

^Nice, I had a 6,8 swallow tail from him. Great boards.

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
22 Mar 2019 3:15PM
Thumbs Up

Huey, you trickster!

Rewarding those who put in the effort. I like your style.

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
29 Mar 2019 8:03AM
Thumbs Up

I think a drive is on the cards.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
29 Mar 2019 10:56AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DARTH said..

More like a short boat trip..

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
29 Mar 2019 1:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..

DARTH said..

More like a short boat trip..

I don't have time for that

Razzonater
2224 posts
29 Mar 2019 1:42PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed thirds on the log it was knee maybe knee and a half on the sets pretty clean about twenty minutes in a dozen plus stingrays of various sizes and shapes ( round ones and smaller lighter round ones and eagle rays ) all came in congregating ..
at first I thought there was five or six so paddled down a bit to get away from them , than I seen another group of about ten.... thought faaaark this I'll stand on one for a wave in and went over three or four of them just straight in to the beach..

got out and and turned around and walked up and could see at least 30-40 stingrays in the surf over a couple hundred metre distance..... and that is at least it was probably closer to 100 like a plague it was off its head...

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
29 Mar 2019 3:14PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Razzonater said..
Surfed thirds on the log it was knee maybe knee and a half on the sets pretty clean about twenty minutes in a dozen plus stingrays of various sizes and shapes ( round ones and smaller lighter round ones and eagle rays ) all came in congregating ..
at first I thought there was five or six so paddled down a bit to get away from them , than I seen another group of about ten.... thought faaaark this I'll stand on one for a wave in and went over three or four of them just straight in to the beach..

got out and and turned around and walked up and could see at least 30-40 stingrays in the surf over a couple hundred metre distance..... and that is at least it was probably closer to 100 like a plague it was off its head...

They have been around for a couple of months now, saw about 5 the other day. They must like the shallow clear water along that stretch.

Razzonater
2224 posts
29 Mar 2019 4:22PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Darth yeah there has been a few for a while maybe it was just decent visibility today and tiny swell so I saw them all but surely surely there's not that many lately.
its like a David Attenborough stingray doco

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
1 Apr 2019 10:05AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Razzonater said..
Hey Darth yeah there has been a few for a while maybe it was just decent visibility today and tiny swell so I saw them all but surely surely there's not that many lately.
its like a David Attenborough stingray doco

I didn't get in the water on the weekend but I saw a few when I went for a look, maybe 5 or 6 in ten mins.

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
3 Apr 2019 3:32PM
Thumbs Up

Saturday

Razzonater
2224 posts
4 Apr 2019 7:02AM
Thumbs Up

Fun fact coming into the weekend

Rottnest swell buoy is just about to hit 2 metres the first time this autumn

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
4 Apr 2019 7:52AM
Thumbs Up

And the kook factor will be 2.5/m2

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
5 Apr 2019 8:41PM
Thumbs Up

Had a surprisingly fun session after the breeze sent the crowds packing. Couldnt wait till tomorrow.

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
7 Apr 2019 4:53PM
Thumbs Up

Good job, Huey, you've no doubt apeased the weekend warriors, warm water wannabees and the desperados all in the one weekend. ???????
You may rest up over night. Your efforts will be required by the unworking in the morning.

Razzonater
2224 posts
9 Apr 2019 1:09PM
Thumbs Up

Half a dozen barrels and a loooong tube out than floater than back in than pumping pumping pumping and weaving weaving weaving than folding and racing than the lip pulls back and I come out onto the face and straighten into the beach...................
walk to car get changed and procure coffee from shop

Spark up a Durrie, drink my coffee have a look from the peanut gallery with the lads, 10 minutes of commentary ( far better than the wsl commentary and the peanut gallery also knows how to judge a make believe heat too)

not the biggest or best waves waves in the last few weeks but with the pulse and how clean it was it was hands down the best day if you were in the right spot

Bid the peanut gallery farewell, started my car and returned to my life as Civilian worker number 30008972.

JulianRoss
WA, 543 posts
9 Apr 2019 3:03PM
Thumbs Up

I snuck out for a lunch time session. Warm water, a little bank. Perfect.
Back at work, lent over, a little dribble out the nose. Good times..

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
9 Apr 2019 4:37PM
Thumbs Up

Feel free to PM me details. I can't find diddly.

JulianRoss
WA, 543 posts
10 Apr 2019 8:57AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Buster fin said..
Feel free to PM me details. I can't find diddly.

Probably more to do with board selection than great waves. High volume, low expectation is what is working for me at the moment.

IFocus
WA, 582 posts
10 Apr 2019 11:03AM
Thumbs Up

For me the summer has been a disaster wave wise been too busy to travel south and old age isn't helping just getting grumpier by the minute, looking forward to winter swells and putting to work a couple of new boards sitting in the garage that keep talking to me.

If the waves don't come soon you may see me on the news naked, wild eyed, frothing at the mouth and screaming obscenities in the local beach car park being tasered by the cops (Mick will likely take advantage and be holding "Cull Now" sign in the back ground).

Next Tuesday it all starts.................

MickPC
8266 posts
10 Apr 2019 8:56PM
Thumbs Up

LOL hang in there legend, it was the worst Nov - Mar for sure. But its just gonna make us appreciate the winter more

PS gratz on the well deserved continued recognition of your outstanding bravery. Hatz off to you m8

JulianRoss
WA, 543 posts
12 Apr 2019 2:43PM
Thumbs Up

Well, that escalated quickly.

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
12 Apr 2019 2:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
JulianRoss said..
Well, that escalated quickly.

Jeezuz

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
12 Apr 2019 2:54PM
Thumbs Up

Lombok here I come, Huey it's all up to you now!!

Razzonater
2224 posts
12 Apr 2019 3:00PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
mocha1 said..
Lombok here I come, Huey it's all up to you now!!

Photos man we all need them

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie