Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
CAN17 said..

excav8ter said..

thedoor said..

excav8ter said..

thedoor said..
@ excav8ter

Seems like you feel you can get more out of the 99 with larger sails (eg 8.0 v 7.0 v 6.0). I am yet to try anything bigger than a 5.7 and was wondering at what point does more sail size not make additional benefit,

I'm still learning this whole foiling thing. Maybe I am using sails that are too big for a particular wind speed, but it feels pretty comfortable for me. I'm not after speed, as much as I am after stability right now. I am hoping to get comfortable with downwind wind foiling this year. Also, getting out in the lightest wind possible.

I have no one to practice with where I live... heck, I don't even know anyone who windsurfs anymore.

I may be off on my wind speed vs. sail size, but I feel I am pretty close. I use a Skywatch anemometer to help me figure out wind speed.

Yeah, I have only have 2 sessions on the 99 so there is still experimenting to do.

How much do you pump to get going?

PS: just reread your earlier post. I am pretty certain you will be able to go from the 99 to the 76 when you do play try to down size.

I have been thinking about getting the i76, but want to spend more time on the i84 this spring and summer. I have an Fwind1 wing too... which I was told is the same as a Gamma 68 (?). I have never used it, because I don't think I am ready for it yet....and may never be.

I was turned on to wind foiling by the potential of getting flying in 7mph+ breezes... we have so many light wind days in the summer, that I want to be able to take advantage of that. One of my best days last fall was 8-12mph with my 8.0 Ezzy Cheetah, on my Fanatic Falcon lightwind with the i99 front wing. I had 2.5 hours of flying that afternoon. I have since bought a 10.0 Maui sail for hopefully the 6-10mph range.

A 10.0 is huge for freeride foiling. But it seems like you got the right board for it anyway. What kind of speed does the 99 do with a 8.0?

This is me trying out a 9.9 in almost no wind. It was a monster and definitely too big for me and my JP 135 worked ok with a formula board though. My biggest sail I use now is a 7.8 foil/ slalom sail and I bet I can get foiling earlier with it then the 9.9. Some of it might be sail technology and all that weight of a big old sail. Uphualing was not fun especially when your only 65kgs. That was the first and last time I tryed a 9.9 with a foil

The main issue with big rigs for free foiling is weight and drag! unless you're racing of course.

in 5-15 mph a local guy here uses a 8.5 and I use a 5.8 (reverse numbers) he is 79 kg (175lbs) and I am 92 kg (205 lbs).

We discuss it all the time... he prefers the pull of the bigger sail with short precise pumps, whilst I go for the balls out/full body pump
that gets the ticker turning over at 180 beats per minute, but once its flying you can hit cruise control.

Once we hit a windy section the smaller rig is much more efficient and easier to foil gybe.

CoreAS
897 posts
25 Jan 2020 6:55AM
Thumbs Up

Latest update from this week! Wind was very light and cross onshore, some sections were almost glassy.
Even if you stall out and mess up a foil gybe the wing will keep you flying in next to nothing.

dejavu
823 posts
25 Jan 2020 11:00PM
Thumbs Up

Nice video of super low wind foiling. As noted by others, this large wing seems to work exceptionally well with boards with a Tuttle box (no track required), which is encouraging for those with a board which only has a Tuttle box.

All I can say is Wow -- I'd need my formula board with a large fin and a massive sail to have any chance of planning in these conditions and it would be hit and miss -- mostly miss. I would have to catch a gust to have any chance.

Do you have to tape your thumbs to get going in these light winds?

azymuth
WA, 2029 posts
26 Jan 2020 8:01AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
CoreAS said..
Latest update from this week!

Masterclass in light wind foiling - nice going Dean

Our light wind season is only a couple of months away so I need some tips;
Do you see no advantage in going a little bit bigger, say 6.5m?
How are you even pumping that 5.8m - there must be so little wind to pull against?
Is there something special about that Naish Sprint - does it have more grunt than a wave sail?
How many more knots of wind would you need with an Infinity 84 and a Wizard 105?
Cheers JJ

michaelpaf
92 posts
26 Jan 2020 7:22PM
Thumbs Up

Hi there,

I readed all the posts as I want to rescue the sommer month with low winds here in bavaria. Just here in the winter month this year is less wind and I'm just not fearing the low winds in summer.

Im also at 90 kg and surfing with some other foilers at a smaler lake.
However:
Board is a Slingshot Wizard 125 from 2019 (200 x 77cm) and the i76 front / 42 rear A really very very nice wing I love !!
But also with a 7,2 GA Hybrid I need minimum 9-10 knots.
Sure also my pumping has lot of potential to be improved but when I see that potential of the i99 I guess this is THAT Wing to reduce the minimium wind.
FIrst I was disappeared as Wyatt say's it's not really working on the wizards. But I saw now it seems to work. But the big question regarding the fusselage length.

What is the length of the fuse it's working?
At slingshot pages is offered the short with 61cm and the long with 78cm.
At my FOIL Fwind Set I got a 71cm Fusselage. So now I'm confused if there is a chance that this will work together or not??
Next lower Sail is a GA Hybrid in 5,6 (never used from me until now, so no clou how many wind it will need).

Second question also regarding the post from Jameos (one foiler also at our lake :-) )
Have you tested i76 and i99 again with same setup? How many knots do you think you get earlier flying?

As I saw in lulls the advantage seems to be big big big...what's reagarding the take off?

Thanks a lot and nice greetings from the bavaira at 2 degeress celclius of water and 3 degeres of air....also here is a growing group of enthusiatic people surf through the complete winter as water is liquid :-)

Hang Loose and fly hy
Michael

CoreAS
897 posts
27 Jan 2020 1:00AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
dejavu said..
Nice video of super low wind foiling. As noted by others, this large wing seems to work exceptionally well with boards with a Tuttle box (no track required), which is encouraging for those with a board which only has a Tuttle box.

All I can say is Wow -- I'd need my formula board with a large fin and a massive sail to have any chance of planning in these conditions and it would be hit and miss -- mostly miss. I would have to catch a gust to have any chance.

Do you have to tape your thumbs to get going in these light winds?

Thanks Dejavu

There are 4 of us now using the i99 wing and so far its only been on tuttle box boards, as soon as one of us gets a twin fin box board it will be interesting to see how micro adjustments work as well.

As for the "Hockey stick tape" the air is so dry here and the water is cold and my hands react by splitting, its a real pain in the ass (literally)...the worst is when its splits behind the thumb nail, so I tape them up to hold them together, ha!

CoreAS
897 posts
27 Jan 2020 2:06AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
azymuth said..

CoreAS said..
Latest update from this week!

Masterclass in light wind foiling - nice going Dean

Our light wind season is only a couple of months away so I need some tips;
Do you see no advantage in going a little bit bigger, say 6.5m?
How are you even pumping that 5.8m - there must be so little wind to pull against?
Is there something special about that Naish Sprint - does it have more grunt than a wave sail?
How many more knots of wind would you need with an Infinity 84 and a Wizard 105?
Cheers JJ

Cheers Jon

I was using a 7.0 or 6.4 last summer but found the 5.8 Naish to give me the best of both worlds in rig weight and able to pump.

The Sprint 5.8 is like a freeride sail that sets on a 430 SDM mast with 16cm extension (slightly higher aspect than other 5.8's) it has 5 battens which is light and center dacron panels which is nice and soft/springy when pumping.

This is personal preference but I like SDM 100% carbon Maui Sails hard top masts, they pump very well and set the sail with very little flop in the leech with the Naish sails. When I tested some brands of constant curve masts, they did not seem to pump very well, quite stiff and no spring.

I use an older HP carbon boom which is very light weight and set the sail with little outhaul to create a deeper pocket than if I was windsurfing, and very little downhaul.

I have not used the SS 105 yet! for our freshwater location we typically need more volume than the ocean so use the SS 125 wizard and the i84 in 10-15 knots.

Lastly the trick is to pump the foil as much as the rig, I hold the rig out arm stretched then as I pump the sail I shift as much of the pressure down on my back foot, really pushing the i99 wing down hard, the wing will push back very fast, so front foot slide in the strap quick and keep pumping the foil until you get lift.

excav8ter
550 posts
27 Jan 2020 3:46AM
Thumbs Up

Is anyone using the i99 in wind speeds above 20mph?

CoreAS
897 posts
27 Jan 2020 3:49AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
michaelpaf said..
Hi there,

I readed all the posts as I want to rescue the sommer month with low winds here in bavaria. Just here in the winter month this year is less wind and I'm just not fearing the low winds in summer.

However:
Board is a Slingshot Wizard 125 from 2019 (200 x 77cm) and the i76 front / 42 rear A really very very nice wing I love !!
Sure also my pumping has lot of potential to be improved but when I see that potential of the i99 I guess this is THAT Wing to reduce the minimium wind.
FIrst I was disappeared as Wyatt say's it's not really working on the wizards. But I saw now it seems to work. But the big question regarding the fusselage length.

At my FOIL Fwind Set I got a 71cm Fusselage. So now I'm confused if there is a chance that this will work together or not??
Next lower Sail is a GA Hybrid in 5,6 (never used from me until now, so no clou how many wind it will need).

Second question also regarding the post from Jameos (one foiler also at our lake :-) )
Have you tested i76 and i99 again with same setup? How many knots do you think you get earlier flying?

As I saw in lulls the advantage seems to be big big big...what's reagarding the take off?

Thanks a lot and nice greetings from the bavaira at 2 degeress celclius of water and 3 degeres of air....also here is a growing group of enthusiatic people surf through the complete winter as water is liquid :-)

Hang Loose and fly hy
Michael

Hi Michael

wow that sounds cold! That's pretty brave foiling in that temp.
to answer your questions...1. I use the longer 78cm fuselage for all Windfoiling. The short fuse I did not like. 2. I use B position on all infinity wings. Yes I have the i76 and it's a great wing but not for super low wind the i99 is a different feeling altogether.

3. As my post above, you have to rig different with smaller sails than windsurfing, as little down haul and out haul as possible. The i99 is like a huge pedal stool, the harder you push down when pumping the more it reacts.

I think maybe I should make another video showing the complete set up and also to explain how little adjustments can get you foiling in less than 10mph, it's easier when people can visualize it

michaelpaf
92 posts
27 Jan 2020 9:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
CoreAS said..

michaelpaf said..
Hi there,

However:

Hang Loose and fly hy
Michael

Hi Michael

to answer your questions...1. I use the longer 78cm fuselage for all Windfoiling. The short fuse I did not like. 2. I use B position on all infinity wings. Yes I have the i76 and it's a great wing but not for super low wind the i99 is a different feeling altogether.

3. As my post above, you have to rig different with smaller sails than windsurfing, as little down haul and out haul as possible. The i99 is like a huge pedal stool, the harder you push down when pumping the more it reacts.

I think maybe I should make another video showing the complete set up and also to explain how little adjustments can get you foiling in less than 10mph, it's easier when people can visualize it

HI CoreAs,
thanks a lot for the reply. We get used with cold temperature but we get also some warm 10 dgeress winter days. :-) But our air here is not as dry as at your side I gues.. So everything only a clothing topic ;-)

However: So with "short" fusselage you mean the 71cm Fusselage?

Is it worth to try with the 71cm Fusselage perhaps on C position? Or is this setup not working?
My Setup would be 99 Wing + 71 Fusselage and optional with 42 Rear Wing or 48 Rear Wing.
Until now I only use the i76 with 42 rear wing so no experience with big one.

Another Question: How long is minimal distance Tuttle Box and mast track? (or measured middle to middle) I guess the blue one is a bit onger? Or is this also 2,00 meters?

When you have fun and time a video like that would be great to avoid the thousands of misstakes can be done on that. :-)

As tomorrow we will get a nice storm one question: What was you smalles sails on the i76. I have also 4.0 and 3.3 ...is that possible with the 125 Wizard?

have great week all together !!!
Michael

CoreAS
897 posts
27 Jan 2020 11:46PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
michaelpaf said..

CoreAS said..

michaelpaf said..
Hi there,

However:

Hang Loose and fly hy
Michael

Hi Michael

HI CoreAs,
thanks a lot for the reply. We get used with cold temperature but we get also some warm 10 dgeress winter days. :-) But our air here is not as dry as at your side I gues.. So everything only a clothing topic ;-)

Is it worth to try with the 71cm Fusselage perhaps on C position? Or is this setup not working?
My Setup would be 99 Wing + 71 Fusselage and optional with 42 Rear Wing or 48 Rear Wing.

Another Question: How long is minimal distance Tuttle Box and mast track? (or measured middle to middle) I guess the blue one is a bit onger? Or is this also 2,00 meters?

When you have fun and time a video like that would be great to avoid the thousands of misstakes can be done on that. :-)

As tomorrow we will get a nice storm one question: What was you smalles sails on the i76. I have also 4.0 and 3.3 ...is that possible with the 125 Wizard?

Michael

Hi Michael

The short switch fuselage is 61cm, the long fuselage is 78cm, I am not aware of a 71cm?. I have tested the 84/42 on the 61cm fuselage and I didn't like how sensitive it was (especially in the gybes).

For the 99 wing I prefer the 78cm fuse, in position B with 42 rear wing, the other local guys here prefer 78cm fuse in position C with the 48 rear wing (they also use much larger and therefore heavier rigs). Its possible I think to use the 99 wing with the 61cm fuse its just going to be more foot/weight sensitive and difficult to foil through turns.

Most of my set ups from leading edge of foil mast to center of UJ is around 107cm (42.25")

The 76 wing was the very first wing I tried and would use a 4.1 to 6.4. For the Wizard 125 I use 4.1 to 7.0 (max) but now I have the 99 wing, I feel no need to go bigger than 5.8.

Lastly - Its a preference thing, because we all use different boards, rigs etc. and we are all different shapes and weigh different. Someone that's tall and has a really high boom is going to have a completely different geometric set up on mast base and fuse position etc. so I also recommend tailoring and making micro adjustments to suit your style.

CoreAS
897 posts
27 Jan 2020 11:50PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
excav8ter said..
Is anyone using the i99 in wind speeds above 20mph?

You can use in over 20 mph, its just like the i84 wing, it has a speed limiter in strong winds!

The wing is so thick you go pretty slow, and it does become quite difficult to gybe.

dejavu
823 posts
28 Jan 2020 3:35AM
Thumbs Up

If you get the chance could you please try your Slingwing with the wizard 125 and i99. I'm thinking of purchasing a wind wing to use with my wizard 125 but I'm not sure if it will work very well. I'd really like to avoid purchasing another board to use just with a wind wing.

Thanks for any feedback.

michaelpaf
92 posts
28 Jan 2020 5:53AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
CoreAS said..

michaelpaf said..

CoreAS said..

michaelpaf said..
Hi there,

However:

Hang Loose and fly hy
Michael

Hi Michael

HI CoreAs,

Michael

Hi Michael

The short switch fuselage is 61cm, the long fuselage is 78cm, I am not aware of a 71cm?. I have tested the 84/42 on the 61cm fuselage and I didn't like how sensitive it was (especially in the gybes).

For the 99 wing I prefer the 78cm fuse, in position B with 42 rear wing, the other local guys here prefer 78cm fuse in position C with the 48 rear wing (they also use much larger and therefore heavier rigs). Its possible I think to use the 99 wing with the 61cm fuse its just going to be more foot/weight sensitive and difficult to foil through turns.

Most of my set ups from leading edge of foil mast to center of UJ is around 107cm (42.25")

The 76 wing was the very first wing I tried and would use a 4.1 to 6.4. For the Wizard 125 I use 4.1 to 7.0 (max) but now I have the 99 wing, I feel no need to go bigger than 5.8.

Lastly - Its a preference thing, because we all use different boards, rigs etc. and we are all different shapes and weigh different. Someone that's tall and has a really high boom is going to have a completely different geometric set up on mast base and fuse position etc. so I also recommend tailoring and making micro adjustments to suit your style.

Hi CoreAs,
great information from your side. Regarding the fuselage it's really confusing and after my first researches I was sceptical about the online information.
So an both slingshot sites .DE and .COM you can order the SHORT fuse with 61cm and the long one with 78cm.
But when you order the i76 windfoil set:
www.slingshotsports.com/Hover-Glide-FWind-V3
you get the 71cm fuse. I checked if this is true and my fuse has really 71cm. So I was not sure what you mean exactly with short and long as it seems that there exist 3 versions.

So this means I will have a completely new setup, oh dear.

I'll have both rear wing's 42 and 48. So my first set up will be with 42 rear wing.
What I currently do not understand what is the benefit of the 48 rear wing when you like to use the 42 with 5,8.
As mentioned I have a 5,6 GA hybrid that shouldn't be worse in low wind section. If will get flying with this in lower then 10 mph so 8 knots this would be a great option for light wind periods. :-)
Is the 48 rear wing needed with a 7,2 hybrid freeride sail? Or what would be your recommendation?

I know in the end I need to test everything by myself. But for first I would like to try the recommended set ups before changing some variables like trim, Boom high, rear wing or buy a fuse with 78cm instead of the 71cm.

All the information I readed where really really helpful and great work from all of you !

...ah...still one short question....is the 99 wing really so slow?? 5 -12 knots sounds really really really slow motion... :-)

P.S. So tomorrow I can try out the 4,0 at round 20-30 knots wind speed if this will really come....let's see....
Hang Loose
Michael

28 Jan 2020 8:59AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
dejavu said..
If you get the chance could you please try your Slingwing with the wizard 125 and i99. I'm thinking of purchasing a wind wing to use with my wizard 125 but I'm not sure if it will work very well. I'd really like to avoid purchasing another board to use just with a wind wing.

Thanks for any feedback.

Hi Dejavu

Good question on this one.
I had the same question a while ago. Using Wizard 125L + Slingwing 4.2

It works fine on the Wizard 125L with the wing. This using the Hoverglide setup with 76cm wing.
I'm sure the 99cm could be even better , in terms of getting going. I'm 85kg by the way

So I would say no need for a specific board for the Slingwing, if you are just looking at mixing some sessions up with normal wind foiling

azymuth
WA, 2029 posts
28 Jan 2020 10:05AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
CoreAS said..I was using a 7.0 or 6.4 last summer but found the 5.8 Naish to give me the best of both worlds in rig weight and able to pump.

The Sprint 5.8 is like a freeride sail that sets on a 430 SDM mast with 16cm extension (slightly higher aspect than other 5.8's) it has 5 battens which is light and center dacron panels which is nice and soft/springy when pumping.

This is personal preference but I like SDM 100% carbon Maui Sails hard top masts, they pump very well and set the sail with very little flop in the leech with the Naish sails. When I tested some brands of constant curve masts, they did not seem to pump very well, quite stiff and no spring.

I use an older HP carbon boom which is very light weight and set the sail with little outhaul to create a deeper pocket than if I was windsurfing, and very little downhaul.

I have not used the SS 105 yet! for our freshwater location we typically need more volume than the ocean so use the SS 125 wizard and the i84 in 10-15 knots.

Lastly the trick is to pump the foil as much as the rig, I hold the rig out arm stretched then as I pump the sail I shift as much of the pressure down on my back foot, really pushing the i99 wing down hard, the wing will push back very fast, so front foot slide in the strap quick and keep pumping the foil until you get lift.

Cheers Dean - great info thanks.

We had an un-seasonal light wind session (8-10 knots) yesterday.
Jeez it's hard to pump when it feels like there's no wind in the sail - we were under-equipped though with 5m sails, Wizard 105 & Infinity 76.
Still managed a few flights in about 10 knots even dragging ribbon weed.

Last time I uphauled the 105 a year or so ago I found it tricky, yesterday stoked that it was easy

CoreAS
897 posts
28 Jan 2020 10:50AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
michaelpaf said..

CoreAS said..

michaelpaf said..

CoreAS said..

michaelpaf said..
Hi there,

However:

Hang Loose and fly hy
Michael

Hi Michael

HI CoreAs,

Michael

Hi Michael

Hi CoreAs,
great information from your side. Regarding the fuselage it's really confusing and after my first researches I was sceptical about the online information.
So an both slingshot sites .DE and .COM you can order the SHORT fuse with 61cm and the long one with 78cm.
But when you order the i76 windfoil set:
you get the 71cm fuse. I checked if this is true and my fuse has really 71cm. So I was not sure what you mean exactly with short and long as it seems that there exist 3 versions.

So this means I will have a completely new setup, oh dear.

I'll have both rear wing's 42 and 48. So my first set up will be with 42 rear wing.
What I currently do not understand what is the benefit of the 48 rear wing when you like to use the 42 with 5,8.
As mentioned I have a 5,6 GA hybrid that shouldn't be worse in low wind section. If will get flying with this in lower then 10 mph so 8 knots this would be a great option for light wind periods. :-)
Is the 48 rear wing needed with a 7,2 hybrid freeride sail? Or what would be your recommendation?

I know in the end I need to test everything by myself. But for first I would like to try the recommended set ups before changing some variables like trim, Boom high, rear wing or buy a fuse with 78cm instead of the 71cm.

All the information I readed where really really helpful and great work from all of you !

...ah...still one short question....is the 99 wing really so slow?? 5 -12 knots sounds really really really slow motion... :-)

P.S. So tomorrow I can try out the 4,0 at round 20-30 knots wind speed if this will really come....let's see....
Hang Loose
Michael

Interesting, didn't know there was a 71cm fuse?

The 99 is slow buts its all relative, less wind speed, less foil speed.

Try the 99 with the 42 rear wing first but if you're still working on your pumping and cannot get it to foil up very easily, then definitely go to the 48 rear wing with the 7.2. it will lift you quicker with less effort but will also give you more drag at top end speed.

Just for comparison this is the 99 next to the 76.

thedoor
2286 posts
28 Jan 2020 1:04PM
Thumbs Up

My conclusions about the slingshot large 48cm rear wing relative to the 42cm rear wing
1) requires more back foot pressure to get on the foil
2) stayed on the foil better in the lulls
3) slightly slower

PS: I also experimented with the short fuselage, too unstable for gybing

michaelpaf
92 posts
28 Jan 2020 1:29PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedoor said..
My conclusions about the slingshot large 48cm rear wing relative to the 42cm rear wing
3) slightly slower

Good morning thedoor,

thanks for sharing your comparsion between 42 and 48 rear wing.
That helps also

I assume also your short fuse is 61 and not 71?
If that is the fact I hope the 71 fuse will work also with the 99.
But now first are coming some winter storms.
Collecting some experiences with smaller sails....let's see if my skill level is just good enough for that gusty winds :-)

Hi Dean,

thanks also for you information.
I was also confused about 61, 71 and 78 as the 71 is not offered as a single item in the shop.
But however perhaps it's a good compromise.
As far I have tested that set up I'll share here if it works.

I fear a bit loosing my fin surf ealry glide skills after using the 99. When I get used to pump on the wing and will do that on a fin surfing session nothing will work

CoreAS
897 posts
28 Jan 2020 11:32PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
michaelpaf said..

thedoor said..
3) slightly slower

Good morning thedoor,

That helps also

Collecting some experiences with smaller sails....let's see if my skill level is just good enough for that gusty winds :-)

Hi Dean,

I was also confused about 61, 71 and 78 as the 71 is not offered as a single item in the shop.

I fear a bit loosing my fin surf ealry glide skills after using the 99. When I get used to pump on the wing and will do that on a fin surfing session nothing will work

Hi Michael

I think you were talking about the 61cm mast? I was talking about the fuselage length (see pic)

There are multiple masts lengths 61, 71 and 90 (I use 90cm length mast)

There are 2 fuselage lengths (that's the part your wings bolt to) 61cm and 78cm (I use 78cm)

Jameos
24 posts
29 Jan 2020 12:52AM
Thumbs Up

I guess confusion arises because the homepage mentions the long fuse to be 71 cm elsewhere in the tech specs.

AlexF
494 posts
29 Jan 2020 12:58AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
michaelpaf said..

thedoor said..
3) slightly slower

Good morning thedoor,

That helps also

Hi Dean,

Just go measure the fuse.
The meterstab will tell the truth.
Alex

MagicRide
688 posts
29 Jan 2020 5:34AM
Thumbs Up

Was curious myself, so I measured my fuse. It's 78 cm.

michaelpaf
92 posts
29 Jan 2020 6:44AM
Thumbs Up

Exactly !
I measured my fuse from the i76 Infintiy set ant this fuse NOT MAST is 71cm.
First I thougt this is a wrong data in the datasheet.
But I went out to check the same and can confirm this is 71cm.
My mast it 90.

Here are the tech specs.

But however: It's 7cm shorter as the long one and 10 cm more as the short one. So there is a chance that it will work also in gybes.
Until I will be able to test the 99 it will need some weeks. But as far as I have done I'll write my review.

Today wasvvmy first session with 4,0 and i76 with 22 knots - gusts with over 30 knots.
de.windfinder.com/report/neuburg
This is a really incredible foil wing. For me this was a completely new area but the potential to do everything with this wing is enormus !
Thanks for your experiences that this set up should work !

dejavu
823 posts
29 Jan 2020 8:59AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Sail Repair WA said..

dejavu said..

Thanks for any feedback.

Hi Dejavu

Good question on this one.
I had the same question a while ago. Using Wizard 125L + Slingwing 4.2

It works fine on the Wizard 125L with the wing. This using the Hoverglide setup with 76cm wing.
I'm sure the 99cm could be even better , in terms of getting going. I'm 85kg by the way

So I would say no need for a specific board for the Slingwing, if you are just looking at mixing some sessions up with normal wind foiling

Thanks for the information -- I'm now hoping to give the wind wing a try in three months or so (spring) on my wizard 125.

FacPrime
29 posts
29 Jan 2020 7:59PM
Thumbs Up

Just measure my SS fuselage from 2020 FWind Foil. 78 cm.

michaelpaf
92 posts
29 Jan 2020 9:41PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
FacPrime said..
Just measure my SS fuselage from 2020 FWind Foil. 78 cm.

Ok...this is very interessting !!!
I'll ask them. I guess the 78 is more easier to drive and controll. But that needs to be compared.

I know it's a bit offtopic: But has anyone compared the 61 and 78 fuse on the 76?
What are the differences ? I'm too fresh in foiling as I understand completely what effects al longer fuselage will have.

motogon
183 posts
29 Jan 2020 10:34PM
Thumbs Up

Short fuse (61 cm) used for kite and surf foils. I guess it's much easier to pump foil with short fuse, but same time it's less stable and more sensitive.

thedoor
2286 posts
29 Jan 2020 11:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
michaelpaf said..

I know it's a bit offtopic: But has anyone compared the 61 and 78 fuse on the 76?
What are the differences ? I'm too fresh in foiling as I understand completely what effects al longer fuselage will have.

The longer fuse provides resistance to pitch (up down angulation) which makes things generally more stable. Apparently the first Neil pryde pinkie suffered from having a short fuselage this making gybing nearly impossible (hence the mods to it discussed on this forum).

I tried the short fuse on the 84/48 and on the warp speed wing, for a few weeks and concluded that the stability of the longer fuse was much more useful than any additional pumping ability.

dejavu
823 posts
1 Feb 2020 2:21AM
Thumbs Up

Here's my take on why the i99 works so well on the Wizard board despite Wyatt Miller stating in his foil wing video that it would only work on boards with a foil mast track located on the bottom of the board -- he forgot about adjusting the sail's mast in its mast track on the deck of the board. Moving the sail's mast back in its track on the deck of the board by three inches, for example, should give similar results to moving the foil's mast forward by three inches in a track located on the bottom of the board.

In CoreAs's video it appears that he has placed the sail's mast at the very back of the mast track on the deck, which, I would think, would provide approximately the same lift from the foil as if he had been able to move the foil's wing further forward via a foil mast track located on the bottom of the board (while leaving the sail's mast in the middle of the deck's mast track, which is where I normally leave it when I foil).

My guess is that if you have a track on the bottom of your board you can adjust lift by moving the foil's wing forward or aft in that track while leaving the mast of your sail in one position in its track located on the deck, or if you only have a Tuttle box, you can adjust the position of your sail's mast in the deck's mast track to approximate the lift you would have obtained by moving the location of the foil's wing using the mast track on the bottom of the board (assuming you have one).

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Foiling

"Lightwind test of 2020 slingshot infinity 99 wing" started by CoreAS