Forums > Windsurfing Queensland

Sandstone Seabreezers

Created by Paddles B'mere > 9 months ago, 14 Nov 2015
Paddles B'mere
QLD, 3586 posts
16 Nov 2016 5:55PM
Thumbs Up

Righto gentlemen of leisure, high tide is at 1130 and the SE should hopefully be in by mid morning so Sandstone should be perfect from 0900 onwards. I've got a task to complete at 0700 and then management has granted me a sailing pass for as many hours as it takes to wear me out then it's back to work. If the forecast rings true it should be very good.

jirvin4505
QLD, 1087 posts
16 Nov 2016 7:59PM
Thumbs Up

looking for a great days sailing
Is it too soon to bring coffee and Christmas cake?

Paddles B'mere
QLD, 3586 posts
16 Nov 2016 8:53PM
Thumbs Up

It's never too soon for cakey, I bought a Lions cake today and have only nibbled the corners off it, would you like me to bring it? Probably a bit hot for coffee for me though so coffee for breakfast and I'll chuck a couple of softies in for sailing.

ballast
QLD, 500 posts
17 Nov 2016 9:21AM
Thumbs Up

Just a suggestion.

Maybe you guys who no longer contribute to society in a meaningful manner, and seem to spend all your time staring at Willy Weather and probably other kinds of Willy's could create you own private forum to discuss your mid week adventures.

That would mean those of us who are busy paying taxes to support your lifestyle choices, don't have to listen to how wonderful your day on the water has been.

This particular area could then be left for useful information, like how to modify the muffler on my mower so I can start it a 5am on Saturday morning without the all the abuse from neighbours who obviously have too much time in their weekends. How to make the most of another 5 knot day. Which kind of light beer to bring to "sailing" so that you won't be over the limit after 12 in 12 hours of sitting on the beach.

Please note that this response may have been in part influenced by nearly being blown off my feet walking to from my car to work and then seeing the forecast for Saturday when I logged on.

As such, I do reserve the right to withdraw the above comments if the forecast and my current demeanor improves.

RioSprint
QLD, 33 posts
17 Nov 2016 11:08AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Paddles B'mere said..
It's never too soon for cakey, I bought a Lions cake today and have only nibbled the corners off it, would you like me to bring it? Probably a bit hot for coffee for me though so coffee for breakfast and I'll chuck a couple of softies in for sailing.

Have fun out there guys, sorry but can't make it in time today and grumpy ballast made me feel quilty anyway!

Paddles B'mere
QLD, 3586 posts
17 Nov 2016 11:44AM
Thumbs Up

We're contributing to society in our own way Bradley.

By the way, today's forecast was pretty well spot on ........ just sayin'

sboardcrazy
NSW, 7993 posts
17 Nov 2016 3:24PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Paddles B'mere said..
We're contributing to society in our own way Bradley.

By the way, today's forecast was pretty well spot on ........ just sayin'

You ratbag.. .. Isn't it great to be able to sail midweek!

Paddles B'mere
QLD, 3586 posts
17 Nov 2016 2:59PM
Thumbs Up

Well that was fun. Little bit lighter at 1000 so I rigged a 7.8 and Jeff an 8.5. I came in for a little resty poo and watched Jeff getting walloped down near Godwin Beach and then felt it really come in. I went back out, laughing at Jeff floundering around in the water a half km or so down the beach and then got beaten up myself. After a couple of frightening out of control runs I came in and swapped the 7.8 for a 6.1 and got back into it again. 6.1 = fun, after wrestling with a 7.8. Few more long rides and then pack up and back to the office. I left Jeff, Adam and Jason enjoying the last of the tide and they had cake too. Happy Thursday.

Paddles B'mere
QLD, 3586 posts
17 Nov 2016 5:18PM
Thumbs Up

Actually Brad, looking at the forecast and a lunchtime high tide for Saturday. Do we have the inaugural Sandstone Seabreezers longboard and windsup marathon on Saturday, Philip Street to Godwin Beach and back maybe or possibly go the other way down to the river and back up to Bayside Drive and back again. Bones? Jeff will Jane let you use the Rio?

ballast
QLD, 500 posts
17 Nov 2016 5:59PM
Thumbs Up

Hmmmmm..

Fair dinkum was almost blown over at work today. Were you ears burning?

I was just about cranky enough to go and play golf on Saturday. Now I might have to reconsider.

Have to be home before 3.30 for Chauffer duties, or else.

Adam roofer
QLD, 157 posts
17 Nov 2016 6:13PM
Thumbs Up

Had a sail today had some trouble I used a seat harness for the first time. I was struggling to plane and when I was planing I was having trouble staying on the plane. The harness lines seem to be too long felt I was a long way away from the boom. It will just take me a little time to get used to it.

Paddles B'mere
QLD, 3586 posts
17 Nov 2016 7:10PM
Thumbs Up

Well you know what they say about a poor tradesman blaming his tools Adam ....................

My ears were nice and cool in the sea breeze Brad, thanks for asking though.

jirvin4505
QLD, 1087 posts
17 Nov 2016 9:19PM
Thumbs Up

Good day on the water
Sandstone delivered...
Used 8.5, 6.1 and 7m sails
JP Slw and fanatic stingray
Really enjoyed the flat water as the tide went out.
Long dredging runs out to the bay and then a blast all the way in. Been a couple of years since I've hit the oyster beds - tested the Tuttle box on the stingray - it's solid!!! Ripped the back of the board off instead

May have to find another 150l board??
Or get the 5min epoxy out????

Very friendly day. John and Adam supplied the cake for morning and afternoon tea.

Jason visited us - staying in Brisbane for a week. Sailed his Gecko, said he enjoyed the spot and has been following the Sandstone topic. His usual venue is a dam on the cattle property out west ????

A little rough after so many hours on the water. Need to get back to work to recover.

Cheers Jeff

MalJ
QLD, 189 posts
17 Nov 2016 10:56PM
Thumbs Up

Ouch

Paddles B'mere
QLD, 3586 posts
18 Nov 2016 7:33AM
Thumbs Up

Oh dear. After carving my foot open on those oysters Adam and I learned where not to go. It's a pity that board is your 'go to' board, but I reckon ditch it and get a nice wide 150-160 litre freeride board for the chop. Influence management by choosing between the Carve, the Exocet and the Mistral and sell the other two to raise funds.

sboardcrazy
NSW, 7993 posts
18 Nov 2016 10:37AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jirvin4505 said..
Good day on the water
Sandstone delivered...
Used 8.5, 6.1 and 7m sails
JP Slw and fanatic stingray
Really enjoyed the flat water as the tide went out.
Long dredging runs out to the bay and then a blast all the way in. Been a couple of years since I've hit the oyster beds - tested the Tuttle box on the stingray - it's solid!!! Ripped the back of the board off instead

May have to find another 150l board??
Or get the 5min epoxy out????

Very friendly day. John and Adam supplied the cake for morning and afternoon tea.

Jason visited us - staying in Brisbane for a week. Sailed his Gecko, said he enjoyed the spot and has been following the Sandstone topic. His usual venue is a dam on the cattle property out west ????

A little rough after so many hours on the water. Need to get back to work to recover.

Cheers Jeff

Cripes I'd hate to see the ray that caused that!

jirvin4505
QLD, 1087 posts
18 Nov 2016 10:04AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
sboardcrazy said...

Cripes I'd hate to see the ray that caused that!

Hi sue
Probably would have survived if I hit a ray but no - the board is called stingray precursor to the fanatic RAY. I hit the oyster beds
Cheers Jeff

ballast
QLD, 500 posts
18 Nov 2016 12:52PM
Thumbs Up

Perhaps we need to redirect some of the associations cake funds to buying the float and chain we discussed. Glad you didn't land on it as well Jeff, that could have been nasty.

ballast
QLD, 500 posts
18 Nov 2016 1:25PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Paddles B'mere said..
Actually Brad, looking at the forecast and a lunchtime high tide for Saturday. Do we have the inaugural Sandstone Seabreezers longboard and windsup marathon on Saturday, Philip Street to Godwin Beach and back maybe or possibly go the other way down to the river and back up to Bayside Drive and back again. Bones? Jeff will Jane let you use the Rio?

Wouldn't think a gentle NE would work well off Beachboysmere JPJP (get it JPJP), or do you reckon otherwise?

Happy to go from there if you like, or would Turners be better? Bones said he is keen if we have some starters.

waricle
WA, 732 posts
18 Nov 2016 1:24PM
Thumbs Up

I would recommend a push mower, much quieter and will also allow you to work off your obviously envious frustrations

Paddles B'mere
QLD, 3586 posts
18 Nov 2016 6:16PM
Thumbs Up

Very good Peter. Beachmere is definitely worth a look in NE, we'll see what it's like in the morning.

DDunk
QLD, 38 posts
18 Nov 2016 8:35PM
Thumbs Up

Sorry to see that Jeff

I am sure you have repaired worse RC planes!

Paddles B'mere
QLD, 3586 posts
19 Nov 2016 7:44PM
Thumbs Up

We originally intended to sail Beachmere but Brad talked myself and Tony into trying the dune top carpark at Woorim for the high tide today with the windsups. Lovely spot with some nice little NE swells breaking across the banks but the wind dropped right off on the tide change. Not enough wind to beach start so it was a case of swim your rig out behind the break and uphaul. The BIC has a decent size centreboard so I could cut up a few jellyfish and steer upwind ok, but the Fanatic Fly's of Tony and Brad only have rear fins so they had a bit of trouble pointing into what little breeze there was. Ended up being a SUP session in the end with a few nice little sliders being caught. The water was just stunning.

ballast
QLD, 500 posts
19 Nov 2016 8:32PM
Thumbs Up

Good fun session. As JP said one more knot would have been good.
Thanks for the company Gents.
Anyone heading out anywhere tomorrow. Might be able to sneak out somewhere for a longboard excursion in the morning, maybe.

ballast
QLD, 500 posts
19 Nov 2016 8:40PM
Thumbs Up

Oh yeah, pushed my push mower this arvo when I got home Pete. Didn't help.

Paddles B'mere
QLD, 3586 posts
19 Nov 2016 8:46PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Brad, Adam and new guy Brent were thinking of a high tide Beachmere session tomorrow. Forecast is for 5-10 turning into 10-15 but it's got a bit more east in it so I'll be curious to see how rough it gets. If it's a bit bumpy maybe windsups at Turners or Sandstone if there's a little south in it?

jirvin4505
QLD, 1087 posts
19 Nov 2016 9:09PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DDunk said...
Sorry to see that Jeff

I am sure you have repaired worse RC planes!

Board fixed thanks to my mate mal

jirvin4505
QLD, 1087 posts
19 Nov 2016 9:12PM
Thumbs Up

Envious. So want to have a go at little waves

I'm on early shift. Packing light wind stuff in car for late session 4pm onwards at sandstone if wind is appropriate.

I'm days off Mon Tue if anything is happening

Cheers Jeff
Hey Brad my lawn needs mowing

AvB
QLD, 89 posts
20 Nov 2016 7:37AM
Thumbs Up

My shoulder is still really stuffed. AC joint torn. Still having trouble sleeping comfortably with it and limited motion. No dirt bike riding, no cycling, no windsurfing ... nuthin! Certainly thought about windsurfing on those incredibly nice breezy days earlier this week!

Geoff, what a bummer about the busted tail on the board. Good thing you know a thing or 2 about composite repairs ...

Janet and I are keen to buy a decent 5.4m sail for constant curve or hardish top if anyone has one.

Oh, and we do have a few Bics for sale ... two Metal Rocks and an Astro Rock!

ShailerSailor
QLD, 45 posts
20 Nov 2016 8:15AM
Thumbs Up

Mal said it all...ouch! Hope you get it fixed in time for the lake Jeff. Hope to see you there this Christmas. Cheers, Jack.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Queensland

"Sandstone Seabreezers" started by Paddles B'mere