Forums > Sailing General

What did you do to your sailing boat today ?

Created by Boatin > 9 months ago, 12 Jun 2013
SandS
VIC, 5904 posts
13 Apr 2015 7:38PM
Thumbs Up

thats a really loud audio on that vid !!!!! but great quality vid what sort of camera is it , some sort of gopo?

really interesting vid !!!!!

Ramona
NSW, 7477 posts
13 Apr 2015 7:50PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SandS said..

thats a really loud audio on that vid !!!!! but great quality vid what sort of camera is it , some sort of gopo?

Pentax WG2 "adventure camera. Less than half the price of a Gopro and far superior.

SandS
VIC, 5904 posts
13 Apr 2015 8:30PM
Thumbs Up

Ramona said..

SandS said..

Pentax WG2 "adventure camera. Less than half the price of a Gopro and far superior.

this is a quick search for one it was the cheapest one on the list .....

https://dstore.com.au/buy/pentax-optio-wg-2-azure-blue-waterproof-shockproof-coldproof-16-mp-digital-camera-20371275?utm_source=myshopping_AU&utm_medium=cpc

i thought gopro where cheaper than that ???

HG02
VIC, 5814 posts
13 Apr 2015 9:06PM
Thumbs Up

www.camerastore.com.au/

neeeeeeeer sands my search engine worked better this time $270 cheaper than yours

www.google.com.au/search?q=Pentax+WG2&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=ubuntu&channel=fs&gfe_rd=cr&ei=KpQrVY_6K8iN8QfVhIDQDg&gws_rd=ssl#q=Pentax+WG2&channel=fs&tbm=shop

DrRog
NSW, 605 posts
13 Apr 2015 10:00PM
Thumbs Up

Gee you've got some clear water there, Ramona! Nice camera. Only 40 feet so as a diving camera it's a bit limited but good for most stuff and looks rugged.

Ramona
NSW, 7477 posts
14 Apr 2015 10:03AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DrRog said..
Gee you've got some clear water there, Ramona! Nice camera. Only 40 feet so as a diving camera it's a bit limited but good for most stuff and looks rugged.

The 40 foot limitation is not a problem. The limitation is more like my desire not to go that deep.

I bought the camera off eBay a couple of years ago from Singapore, $220 landed at my door. There was a thread on the PBO forums about waterproof cameras and this one was recommended. I was only looking for a still camera to carry sailing but I was impressed by the movie quality. I use it to video my race car stuff too.

scaramouche
VIC, 190 posts
14 Apr 2015 3:57PM
Thumbs Up

Brilliant images
must be a bit warmer than port Philip bay!

HG02
VIC, 5814 posts
14 Apr 2015 4:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
scaramouche said...
Brilliant images

Where abouts are you located tony?
You ever down near patterson lakes?

scaramouche
VIC, 190 posts
14 Apr 2015 4:25PM
Thumbs Up

hobsons bay

Ramona
NSW, 7477 posts
14 Apr 2015 6:37PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
scaramouche said..
Brilliant images

Water temperature is about 20 degrees C, same as air temperature. The water was actually not as clear as it has been, few days of rain has made it a bit murky.

For clear water Jervis Bay would be hard to beat.

HG02
VIC, 5814 posts
14 Apr 2015 8:00PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
scaramouche said..
hobsons bay

Be around there next winter Ill catch up then

southace
SA, 4762 posts
14 Apr 2015 7:46PM
Thumbs Up

Caught two squid tonight , and 7 on Sunday.

Two is the minum for a appetiser ..........

Dinner is just 300 meters from my Marina berth!

I will improve on my crumbing technics and also add some Lemmon pepper!

HG02
VIC, 5814 posts
14 Apr 2015 9:45PM
Thumbs Up

I had to settle for veal schnitzel , quite nice though

McNaughtical
NSW, 908 posts
15 Apr 2015 7:24AM
Thumbs Up

Nicely done Southace

SandS
VIC, 5904 posts
15 Apr 2015 8:35PM
Thumbs Up

your kitchen rules !!!!!

LooseChange
NSW, 2140 posts
15 Apr 2015 9:58PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ramona said..

For clear water Jervis Bay would be hard to beat.

You must dive in a different Jervis Bay to me, nearly every time I have dived there it was murky. Admittedly there have been days of good visibilty but they are the exception rather than the norm.

HG02
VIC, 5814 posts
15 Apr 2015 10:32PM
Thumbs Up

runs again DR Rog dropped by today had a chat for a while good to see him and his lovely partner

scaramouche
VIC, 190 posts
16 Apr 2015 9:48PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
HG02 said..

runs again DR Rog dropped by today had a chat for a while good to see him and his lovely partner

Lots of cooling water there!

HG02
VIC, 5814 posts
16 Apr 2015 10:44PM
Thumbs Up

Lot more than it had. The new DV24 pump puts out more water than the old early 6 bolt flanged DV20 pump I had
Ive an earth problem with my oil and temp gauges. Ill have to work through at the weekend find out what the problem is. Then wire in couple of side navigation lights and up grade my fire extinguishers and Ill take her for a motor out in the bay.
Two nice things happened today Bubbles posted me bottle of his rocket fuel which Im saving for when the mast go back on the boat . Many thanks Bubbles
I had enough of my old work some times and not the other Multimeter ,this one has a temp probe which will be a nice addition

McNaughtical
NSW, 908 posts
17 Apr 2015 10:21AM
Thumbs Up

Tried the reset button top right. Then switched dial on engine battery to All tgen back to 1, and the batteries are now all showing as charged. Stuffed if I know...!!!???

McNaughtical
NSW, 908 posts
17 Apr 2015 10:23AM
Thumbs Up

DrRog
NSW, 605 posts
17 Apr 2015 11:27AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote

HG02 said..

Great to meet you and driftwood in the flesh, HG!

Beautiful sunny day at a gated community/marina where the other half live and dock their power boats on pontoons for just over the price I pay for a swing mooring in Sydney!

We're looking forward to welcoming you as you sail through the heads of Sydney Harbour! Keep that beautiful cruising vision, brother.

McNaughtical
NSW, 908 posts
17 Apr 2015 1:19PM
Thumbs Up

Aha...fuses were blown on battery charger

HG02
VIC, 5814 posts
17 Apr 2015 6:58PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
McNaughtical said..

Maybe the fridge mechanic tripped it out or turned it off and forgot to reset it before he left McNauticaL

southace
SA, 4762 posts
17 Apr 2015 6:41PM
Thumbs Up

I ran 13 meters of three core tinned wire from my cockpit to the new anchor windlass that was fun NOT!

And I have added down foot switch on the bow so now I have up and down from the bow and the stern!

Next job is the holding tank and new TMC electric toilet .....got some fittings today and have found some better flexible suction hose than the White painful stuff.

Had a good sail on the weekend with full main and headsail......6 knots in 15knots of SE breeze....not bad for a 12 tonne tub.

HG02
VIC, 5814 posts
18 Apr 2015 7:07PM
Thumbs Up

Also ran .lots of twin core and wired in my nav lights' and added a bilge pump outlet so I have a separate one for my electric rather than untilizing the manual bilge pump outlet which I had been doing

FreeRadical
WA, 855 posts
19 Apr 2015 12:58AM
Thumbs Up

I'm curious about the placement of those navigation lights? Will they meet the visibility requirements when heeled?

McNaughtical
NSW, 908 posts
19 Apr 2015 4:01AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
HG02 said...
McNaughtical said..

Maybe the fridge mechanic tripped it out or turned it off and forgot to reset it before he left McNauticaL

Fridge mechanic came back to check how frudge was going. He found two bliwn fuses on my battery charger.

McNaughtical
NSW, 908 posts
19 Apr 2015 4:02AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
HG02 said...
McNaughtical said..

Fridge mechanic came back to check how frudge was going. He found two bliwn fuses on my battery charger.

HG02
VIC, 5814 posts
19 Apr 2015 7:39PM
Thumbs Up

problem solved "AYE" Mc Nautical.
A thought did enter my mind concerning did Mc Nautical blow the fuses deliberatively to get the fridge mechanic back??????

Did a bit more on the stove fitments today only had a few spare hours.
I reduced the width by 10 mm on the stove shroud, so I could gain enough room to epoxy a piece of ply to the inside on the settee side.
Ill make up a small hull bulk head and fix it down I have seen a few stove gimbals fall apart in rough weather and I dont want it to happen to me if I can help it. It might hapen with my last can of bake beans

Might move the stove forward slightly yet maybe by 50 mm that piece of timber is only temp in front of the stove a stainless pipe will be fitted there.

Subscribe

Forums > Sailing General

"What did you do to your sailing boat today ?" started by Boatin