Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

Naish River Race 2012

Created by Jappy > 9 months ago, 2 Mar 2012
Tarni
NSW, 58 posts
28 Mar 2012 3:03PM
Thumbs Up

Apologies for the terrible typing -spelling mistakes.

lookToSea
NSW, 183 posts
28 Mar 2012 3:05PM
Thumbs Up

JBFletch said...

is there any other payment options besides cheque and money order???

i haven't ever owned a cheque book.
is there direct debit details??

Yes there is, you can make payment via direct deposit or via PAYPAL

If you go to the below address

http://www.cronullasutherlandsupclub.com.au/naish_river_race_2012.html

There is a breif form (two fields & a drop menu for the amount of races you want to entre) to complete then hit the "Pay Now" button.

It will redirect you to PayPal and all you have to do is process the payment as normal. (The club receives the form details on the payment remittance)

lookToSea
NSW, 183 posts
28 Mar 2012 3:11PM
Thumbs Up

kneelo said...

Great work and congratulations to teh sponsors and event oragnisers. Well done on your efforts so far. Yes. You can enter via Paypal or EFT . Just see the club website or entry form. Do you hav emany entries for teh non-race board?

The non raceboard race has received a lot of interest so far, a few dudes are even racing on the 9'5 surf SUPs, so will be a fun race!

JBFletch
QLD, 1287 posts
28 Mar 2012 2:58PM
Thumbs Up

thanks sorry

Jappy
NSW, 114 posts
28 Mar 2012 8:46PM
Thumbs Up

The Naish River Race 2012 is a day of stand up paddle races for everyone. There are races for children and even a family division.

We, the committee, of Cronulla Sutherland Stand Up Paddle Club have gone the extra mile this year to include a NON RACE Board Division, so the event will apeal to stand up paddlers that not have race boards. You can also enter the HANDICAP DIVISION on a non race board. This race intends to give all competitors in this race an even chance of winning. This means a person of 60 years and 120 kilos and racing on 10'6" should have just as much chance of winning as a young fit male on a 14' race board. We haven't forgot about the females here either.

Also there are trophies for the first 3 place getters (male and female) in each race division. So each race has it's own womans division within that race.

Please get your entries in as some as possible so we can order t-shirts.

JasonProsser
NSW, 268 posts
28 Mar 2012 11:02PM
Thumbs Up

Jappy said...

The Naish River Race 2012 is a day of stand up paddle races for everyone. There are races for children and even a family division.

We, the committee, of Cronulla Sutherland Stand Up Paddle Club have gone the extra mile this year to include a NON RACE Board Division, so the event will apeal to stand up paddlers that not have race boards. You can also enter the HANDICAP DIVISION on a non race board. This race intends to give all competitors in this race an even chance of winning. This means a person of 60 years and 120 kilos and racing on 10'6" should have just as much chance of winning as a young fit male on a 14' race board. We haven't forgot about the females here either.

Also there are trophies for the first 3 place getters (male and female) in each race division. So each race has it's own womans division within that race.

Please get your entries in as some as possible so we can order t-shirts.

Even if you don't consider yourself a competative paddler, this is a good day to come and have fun. I paddled in the handicap division last year on a non race board, came in near the back of the pack, but had a blast - paddling with friends. Tried out a lot of other peoples boards, met loads of cool paddlers of all abilities including some of Australia's top SUP athletes, had a sausage sandwich, had some beers at the after race presentation, had a good day all round. Wife and three sons also had a good time, so bring the family. And you get a free limited edition T-shirt. Why would you not come ?
See you all there...

lookToSea
NSW, 183 posts
29 Mar 2012 7:00PM
Thumbs Up

did a practice run on the river this afternoon, conditions were ideal!

gregc
VIC, 1298 posts
29 Mar 2012 9:43PM
Thumbs Up

Shire Im coming to get you :) two OFBs racing what a friggin video that will make, no doubt all the big surf brands will now want to sponsor us :D

Jappy
NSW, 114 posts
29 Mar 2012 10:00PM
Thumbs Up

Just updated the club website to make it even easier to entry the Naish River Race 2012. New easier payment options including direct credit / bank transfer and credit card payment for non PayPal user. Too easy, get your entries in before this Sunday. And dont forget to put down your T-shirt size. See you there.

www.cronullasutherlandsupclub.com.au

lookToSea
NSW, 183 posts
29 Mar 2012 10:19PM
Thumbs Up

gregc said...

Shire Im coming to get you :) two OFBs racing what a friggin video that will make, no doubt all the big surf brands will now want to sponsor us :D

great to hear! Watch out though, you may end up on some reality tv show in "the shire" if your not careful

ShireSUP
NSW, 982 posts
29 Mar 2012 11:23PM
Thumbs Up

gregc said...

Damn so now I have to keep you and BigMC in front of my to take out the world title of BIG BLOKE AT THE BACK.............its so hard these days

Scotty88
4214 posts
29 Mar 2012 9:00PM
Thumbs Up

ShireSUP said...

gregc said...

Damn so now I have to keep you and BigMC in front of my to take out the world title of BIG BLOKE AT THE BACK.............its so hard these days

OFB's rule. So they tell me

windup
NSW, 204 posts
30 Mar 2012 7:11AM
Thumbs Up

Just entered Me and the misses.
see you there
One question, No problems with a 6yo in the family race, she will be wearing a life jacket.

Jappy said...

Just updated the club website to make it even easier to entry the Naish River Race 2012. New easier payment options including direct credit / bank transfer and credit card payment for non PayPal user. Too easy, get your entries in before this Sunday. And dont forget to put down your T-shirt size. See you there.

lookToSea
NSW, 183 posts
30 Mar 2012 7:21AM
Thumbs Up

windup said...

Just entered Me and the misses.
see you there
One question, No problems with a 6yo in the family race, she will be wearing a life jacket.
Jappy said...

No problems with that, Lifejacket is a great idea for her though! There will be a safety boat and people out their keeping a close eye on the kids!

windup
NSW, 204 posts
30 Mar 2012 8:06AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Sounds great looking forward to the day.
lookToSea said...
[br

No problems with that, Lifejacket is a great idea for her though! There will be a safety boat and people out their keeping a close eye on the kids!

lookToSea
NSW, 183 posts
30 Mar 2012 12:30PM
Thumbs Up

Just a quick Reminder, that there will be a competitors draw on the day, where one lucky competitor could be waling away with a brand new Naish SUP or other great prizes. So you dont have to be an elite athlete to win great prizes, just be a Naish River Race competitor and be present at the presentation at the end of the day.

boylos
NSW, 769 posts
30 Mar 2012 4:18PM
Thumbs Up

Just entered ..... can't wait sounds like it's going to be bigger and better than last year

Boylos

lookToSea
NSW, 183 posts
30 Mar 2012 5:01PM
Thumbs Up

boylos said...

Just entered ..... can't wait sounds like it's going to be bigger and better than last year

Boylos

Great to see Boylos, recieved your PayPal entry, It's going to be an awesome event! Prizes are bigger and better than ever!

Just to let you know, we are going to be down on the River tomorrow afternoon at 4pm to do a time trial/social paddle of the course, would be great to see you down there!

boylos
NSW, 769 posts
30 Mar 2012 5:44PM
Thumbs Up

lookToSea said...

boylos said...

Boylos

Great to see Boylos, recieved your PayPal entry, It's going to be an awesome event! Prizes are bigger and better than ever!

Just to let you know, we are going to be down on the River tomorrow afternoon at 4pm to do a time trial/social paddle of the course, would be great to see you down there!

Cheers mate I should beable to make it .

Boylos

ShireSUP
NSW, 982 posts
30 Mar 2012 6:55PM
Thumbs Up

boylos said...

lookToSea said...

boylos said...

Boylos

Boylos

Craig you dont need to train, you are the best paddler in the shire...........lol

ka43
NSW, 3065 posts
30 Mar 2012 8:21PM
Thumbs Up

Registered this afternoon. So I would like to reserve my place at the arse end of the 14' mob. In the process of repairing & fixing up a Fanatic 14' race. So with my bung knee and many other assorted old age "niggles" I should excel at fighting all you Shire blokes for last line honours. Long drive from Collaroy but looking forward to my first SUP "moment of newby competition".
Is there gonna be cameras from your new show there??

boylos
NSW, 769 posts
30 Mar 2012 8:29PM
Thumbs Up

ShireSUP said...

boylos said...

lookToSea said...

boylos said...

Boylos

Boylos

Craig you dont need to train, you are the best paddler in the shire...........lol

I don't think so bro far from it ....... but I'll get you a free sauage!.... ..... you coming on sat?

Boylos

lookToSea
NSW, 183 posts
30 Mar 2012 9:15PM
Thumbs Up

ka43 said...

Registered this afternoon. So I would like to reserve my place at the arse end of the 14' mob. In the process of repairing & fixing up a Fanatic 14' race. So with my bung knee and many other assorted old age "niggles" I should excel at fighting all you Shire blokes for last line honours. Long drive from Collaroy but looking forward to my first SUP "moment of newby competition".
Is there gonna be cameras from your new show there??

there will be plenty of cameras, but not from the new show...

ka43
NSW, 3065 posts
30 Mar 2012 10:50PM
Thumbs Up

OK Daniel, Ive been in negotiations with our GPS windsurfing captain, some bloke named "Sam Parker something" who gave up on me (gutted) when he realised that training consisted of beer and chips on Friday "sippers" at the shop. **it happens.

bigmc
NSW, 244 posts
30 Mar 2012 11:05PM
Thumbs Up

I thought there were auditions for the show. I have just bought a new racing G string for the event.
KA 43 you don't have to worry about being last. I usually reserve that spot.

Jappy
NSW, 114 posts
31 Mar 2012 8:43AM
Thumbs Up

Limited number of Naish River Race 2012 white hoodies will be available for sale at the race. They are of high quailty, fluffy and warm. $60.00 each. You can secure yours now to avoid disappointment. Just call 0418 294 854 or send me message on seabreeze.

lookToSea
NSW, 183 posts
31 Mar 2012 9:32AM
Thumbs Up

bigmc said...

I thought there were auditions for the show. I have just bought a new racing G string for the event.

I'll give channel 10 a call especially for you!

lookToSea
NSW, 183 posts
31 Mar 2012 9:38AM
Thumbs Up

ka43 said...

OK Daniel, Ive been in negotiations with our GPS windsurfing captain, some bloke named "Sam Parker something" who gave up on me (gutted) when he realised that training consisted of beer and chips on Friday "sippers" at the shop. **it happens.

Any excuse for a social paddle than dinner and beers at the rsl

ShireSUP
NSW, 982 posts
31 Mar 2012 6:09PM
Thumbs Up

bigmc said...

Listen people will you stop taking my spot its mine........last someone's gotta make sure all you fit blokes finish and don't get lost on the wonny, there's weird things happen on at river, look at Lou!!!!!

lookToSea
NSW, 183 posts
1 Apr 2012 12:06AM
Thumbs Up

don't forget to get your entries in!

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"Naish River Race 2012" started by Jappy