Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

Naish River Race 2012

Created by Jappy > 9 months ago, 2 Mar 2012
Casso
NSW, 3768 posts
17 Apr 2012 9:18PM
Thumbs Up

Paulselec said...

Mel did very well against the Guy's. She would have been 3rd in the 12'6 class.

Very impressive - nice one Mel.

Jappy
NSW, 114 posts
25 Apr 2012 9:56PM
Thumbs Up

It is just amazing to see how dangerous forums are when people make comments without the facts. I have been following the comments made by several vocal seabreeze members and will now set the record straight.

No late entries where received on the day of the Naish River Race 2012. There was one person however, that was a sponsor that paid their money on the day but the entry was received prior to the cut off date.

Not sure what people reckon they saw but it may appear that they were getting mixed up seeing spectators and competitors purchasing t-shirts and hoodies near the BBQ tent that where available for sale.

Again I can confirm that NO entries were taken on the day. We have listened to the concerns and entries next year will close closer to the race date.

Next year only competitors for the Handicap Race will have to register first thing in the morning other competitors can turn up 20 minutes prior if they wish.

Thanks for all your input, hope to see you next year.

Peter Japp
Club President

kissa
NSW, 523 posts
26 Apr 2012 8:23AM
Thumbs Up

Nicely put Pete. Sounds like a great day and I'm sure you will double your numbers next year.

JBFletch
QLD, 1287 posts
26 Apr 2012 10:26AM
Thumbs Up

Just a quick question and or some input for next year.

Would you consider or look into making the cost of extra divisions cheaper and or included in the overall rego cost??

I would have competed in more the 1 division on the day, but the fee for division made it impossible for me.

I understand clubs need to make money and make events viable but the cost was, in my opinion, a little pricey.

saying that i hope to have the weekend free for next year and look forward to competing again.

cheers

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"Naish River Race 2012" started by Jappy