Forums > Surfing Longboarding

2015 Comp Thread

Created by Macaha > 9 months ago, 27 Feb 2015
Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
7 Jun 2016 9:53PM
Thumbs Up

So its pretty clear to me that I have really small gonads after watching this! Hows the fella at 2:43 feeling? I would have been saying my hail mary's!

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
15 Jun 2016 6:07AM
Thumbs Up

Comps finally back on if you haven't lost interest.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
15 Jun 2016 7:57AM
Thumbs Up

Slater master class going down right now. Thanks KS - I loaded up on him this morning for this heat when I saw the conditions being so funky. He knows this reef better than anyone. Sweet

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
15 Jun 2016 8:22AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
Slater master class going down right now. Thanks KS - I loaded up on him this morning for this heat when I saw the conditions being so funky. He knows this reef better than anyone. Sweet

Ted in Slaters post heat interview he mentioned he had some personal issues going on in his life atm.

The question is who dumped who,you or Kelly

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
15 Jun 2016 9:29AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

Ted the Kiwi said..

Ted in Slaters post heat interview he mentioned he had some personal issues going on in his life atm.

The question is who dumped who,you or Kelly

His missus is over there with him last I heard

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
15 Jun 2016 9:31AM
Thumbs Up

KS sounded like he was in pain from whatever issue it is,on serious note I wish him well.

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
15 Jun 2016 9:39AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
KS sounded like he was in pain from whatever issue it is,on serious note I wish him well.

Awwww thats not good...I wanna see him win number 12 from way back in the field

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
15 Jun 2016 9:48AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tux said..

Macaha said..

Awwww thats not good...I wanna see him win number 12 from way back in the field

mental pain Tux he won his heat and surfed well.

AndyrooMac
TAS, 1925 posts
15 Jun 2016 11:47AM
Thumbs Up

Just watched Taj vs JJ, deffinately heat of the year but Taj was also ripped, his 9.2 was way better than JJ 9.3 or 9.4... Will deffinately be missed, what a cracking guy and amazing surfer

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
15 Jun 2016 1:36PM
Thumbs Up

Andy - he blew it sadly by not finishing that turn after the epic tube. JJF finished his waves Taj did not. He just needed to make that one last turn and he was through - it would definitely have given him the tiny bit extra he needed. Ahhhhh I wanted him to go through. He was having heaps of fun out there in the water though.

AndyrooMac
TAS, 1925 posts
15 Jun 2016 4:55PM
Thumbs Up

I disagree mate, JJ did exactly the same on his 9.4, got a deep barrel then came out and kicked out... when you have the score you have the score. if you look at the breakdown 2 judges gave him 9.8 and 9.7 then he got a 7.8 and an 8.2??? The judges are bloody clueless and an embarrassment. I mean, i cant stand that Medina but his alyoop was worth way more than a 5 and then JJ does one turn and gets a 7.5?!?!? they definitely have their favorites

SP
10979 posts
15 Jun 2016 4:09PM
Thumbs Up

Half with you Andy.
IMO Medina got half pitted and did a lame air by pro standards. I reckon they got it right.

As for the JJ and Taj heat could have gone either way I always reckon it looks a bit different live to online so hard to say but I thought Taj should of had him by a bees.
Tajs 2 waves were as good as John Johns, if not better.

Great way to go out anyway..

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
16 Jun 2016 4:04AM
Thumbs Up

Medina just made up for half a pit with that wave....

Going to some super nice surfing today

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
16 Jun 2016 7:18AM
Thumbs Up

KS with a 19.77 total...whoah mumma looks pretty good out there...dudes are getting waves of most peoples lives and judges are only giving them 5 and 6's crazy ****

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
16 Jun 2016 7:36AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Comps finally back on if you haven't lost interest.

Today is the reason it has taken so long

These waves are absolutely incredible. Can not believe some of the waves that are being surfed for low scores like you said Tux. These fellas are getting pitted beyond belief.

Been a nice morning for me - had Slater Fanning win for the betting account. Have JJF as well - he is a bit short for my liking but after yesterday hard to argue with.

Incredible stuff. I don't think anyone will mind losing in this round today - you get to surf again but with only two out !

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
16 Jun 2016 4:25PM
Thumbs Up

Great day of waves. Let's hope that dreaded wind stays away until the final is all over

Here is a great read form Jughead - the fella who got smashed during Cape Fear

www.tracksmag.com.au/news/the-jughead-interview-427111

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
16 Jun 2016 2:38PM
Thumbs Up

Yep some great surfing. I really love the drone and ski views into the tube. Smokes me seeing the knees drag and blah blah. Oh I am such a ****ing hack

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
17 Jun 2016 8:02AM
Thumbs Up

Semi time right now - Slater vs Gab

www.worldsurfleague.com/posts/211522/kelly-slater-gets-pitted-again

SP
10979 posts
17 Jun 2016 4:16PM
Thumbs Up

Just watching some highlights.

Wow, how good are the waves..

Slater is a freak and good to see wilko get back on track with a good result.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
17 Jun 2016 4:57PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..
Just watching some highlights.

Wow, how good are the waves..

Slater is a freak and good to see wilko get back on track with a good result.

i enjoyed the surfing and i enjoyed watching them all copping bombs on the head.....Wilko was done before the final started...I think he had used up all pac man pills as he was puffing

SP
10979 posts
17 Jun 2016 5:49PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah I think the same happened to Slater. Ran out of juice.

Best comp so far this year by a mile. Hopefully Jbay can deliver as well.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
17 Jun 2016 9:36PM
Thumbs Up

Poor old Wilko. Surfed the last heat in the quarters. Had a brief rest then back out for the semi. A few moments of rest and back out for the final. He looked shattered paddling out in the final. Him and Cab both got caught inside a lot at the start of the heat. He was gone right from the get go. Awesome result for him though. March on !

SP. check out the trials at J Bay. It was pumping !

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
22 Jun 2016 7:11AM
Thumbs Up

Wilko's backhand swizzlers should go alright at J Bay

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
23 Jun 2016 1:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tux said..
Wilko's backhand swizzlers should go alright at J Bay

yep im itching to watch this comp.......6ft for the whole comp

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
23 Jun 2016 3:54PM
Thumbs Up

In other news the Puerto Big wave Contest has the green light for Friday.....I reckon it will be one to watch as there tends to be a lot of waves ridden when its gets big and some absolute carnage

SP
10979 posts
24 Jun 2016 6:03PM
Thumbs Up

^^ looks like it's going to run.

Saw some highlights from yesterday, should be great viewing..
Could be complete carnage.

Good article on why..

magicseaweed.com/news/the-puerto-escondido-challenge-warm-up-sessions/9160/

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
24 Jun 2016 6:13PM
Thumbs Up

Football then a nap with the alarm already set for midnight. Bring on the carnage and some mother****ing monster dinosaur sized tubes

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
25 Jun 2016 3:16AM
Thumbs Up

Mitcho is killing it the champ

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
25 Jun 2016 8:11PM
Thumbs Up

Yep Chrispy. JM = huge balls. He is a giant of a man with balls bigger than 99.99999999999999998% of the human race. Yes I could have said most - but seriously he is an absolute living legend.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
29 Jun 2016 11:04AM
Thumbs Up

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"2015 Comp Thread" started by Macaha