62mac said...
deleting my posts on the above game some people may not be watching until 4 est

thanks...from pups earlier one...well im thinking i might just go to bed now

I'm off to the punch room .... gawd sorry buddy

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
11 Mar 2013 6:59AM
Thumbs Up

Some good points in this article.........just incase you have not read enough yet.

THE Cronulla players have rightly refused to sign a legal document confessing to drug taking in return for a supposed reduction in sentence – and full pay – because such conditions are not on the table from the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority.
The players should be seeking independent legal advice, rather than rely on a Sharks representative, who, despite his drugs background and understanding of the process, is acting in the interests of the club.
There has been an avalanche of misinformation about the sports drugs process involved in this investigation, which started with a year-long secret surveillance by the Australian Crime Commission.
The critical fallacy is that the drug was "legal" in 2011 when the players were taking it. This is wrong. Peptide hormones and their chemical cousins are banned and were also banned in 2011 under the World Anti-Doping Agency code.
Advertisement
Another misconception is that players who "confess" will automatically be given a reduced sentence. ASADA doesn't give unconditional guarantees about the length of sentence because each case is considered on its merits. Such a consideration for a shorter time out of the game will occur only after a player is formally charged by the ASADA for a drugs offence. And those discussions will be directly between ASADA and the player, or his legal representative, in top secrecy, not with someone appointed by the Sharks club. Such is the heavy-handed nature of the laws surrounding the ASADA Act, anyone from the Sharks administration – or the NRL – claiming to know of which players are involved and the circumstances of their drugs involvement, are committing a criminal offence.
The players should be acutely aware, too, that any reduction in the mandatory two-year drugs ban is only given in exceptional circumstances. And some players might be horrified to discover that if any of them have been caught encouraging the use of the peptides in any of the taped phone conversations, or if their abuse of the drugs was extensive and systemic, they could be classified as being traffickers and the length of their suspension may not be two years, but an end to their sporting career.
Confessing to taking drugs, sadly, is not exceptional in the sports world. However, in any deal making with ASADA, players would have to come forward with who supplied the drug, how often they were taking it and who else was taking it. Names, dates, places – all of the details – would have to be divulged.
The Sharks club has supposedly offered the carrot to players promising they will continue to be paid if they come forward – a cheaper option for the club than having to defend any breach-of-trust claims in court, but again such an offer, while tempting, is not permitted.
Earning any income from sport is illegal under the ASADA code for the length of the ban. Apart from being legally prevented from being paid, they can't be involved in any club activities, sponsor promotions or even train with teammates.
Of course the Sharks club, and indeed the other five rugby league clubs involved in this peptide drug-taking scandal, are attempting to minimise the fallout. But the players should be conscious that – just like believing club officials that the substance is OK and they won't test positive – the interests of the club can be very different from their personal circumstances.
Jacquelin Magnay is Olympics editor of the London Telegraph.

Dazzler75
QLD, 458 posts
11 Mar 2013 10:51AM
Thumbs Up

Newsflash - Sharks players spotted eating carrots at halftime rather than traditional oranges

When interviewed after the game un-named Sharks player quoted as saying that he was looking to putting on the feed bag on.

Sharks officals accused of putting blinkers on in wake of allegations players were given horse drugs.

Lame I know......

chrispychru
QLD, 7932 posts
11 Mar 2013 5:01PM
Thumbs Up

Dazzler75 said...
Newsflash - Sharks players spotted eating carrots at halftime rather than traditional oranges

When interviewed after the game un-named Sharks player quoted as saying that he was looking to putting on the feed bag on.

Sharks officals accused of putting blinkers on in wake of allegations players were given horse drugs.

Lame I know......

i think we will here very soon that performance enhancing drugs might be only a little problem...compared to the party drugs. this will be across a fair few clubs not just the sharks

the dragons are all bong heads after watching yesterdays game

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
11 Mar 2013 6:21PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote

i think we will here very soon that performance enhancing drugs might be only a little problem...compared to the party drugs. this will be across a fair few clubs not just the sharks

the dragons are all bong heads after watching yesterdays game

why,,,, you make that sound like a bad thing

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
11 Mar 2013 9:39PM
Thumbs Up

chrispychru said...
i think we will here very soon that performance enhancing drugs might be only a little problem...compared to the party drugs

Yes I tend to agree.....word on the street though is that the AFL has the problem with the recreational pharmacuticles and NRL with the protein's.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
11 Mar 2013 9:42PM
Thumbs Up

here is an interesting take on it all from all very respected & knowledgable individual

www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/fallout-from-doping-probe-has-potential-to-drag-on-for-years-20130311-2fwcy.html

chrispychru
QLD, 7932 posts
11 Mar 2013 8:44PM
Thumbs Up

Ted the Kiwi said...
chrispychru said...
i think we will here very soon that performance enhancing drugs might be only a little problem...compared to the party drugs

Yes I tend to agree.....word on the street though is that the AFL has the problem with the recreational pharmacuticles and NRL with the protein's.

the afl guys have been running around openly with some dodgy crew for years. hardly suprising there are a few so called clean skins in the nrl that have already sought legal advice...all gossip though

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
11 Mar 2013 10:59PM
Thumbs Up

wow - there was a game tonight

Newcastle 42 Wests Tigers 10

Anyone watch it? Looks like it was one-sided according to the score board. Does this mean Newcastle will be competitive this year?

thePup
13831 posts
11 Mar 2013 8:18PM
Thumbs Up

Ted the Kiwi said...

Anyone watch it? Looks like it was one-sided according to the score board. Does this mean Newcastle will be competitive this year?

SP will be spewing razor blades old Bennett eh !!!

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
13 Mar 2013 7:39AM
Thumbs Up

that was a good game on Sunday , i thought Chrispys dragons played pretty well.

thePup
13831 posts
13 Mar 2013 7:12AM
Thumbs Up

weiry said...

chrispychru
QLD, 7932 posts
13 Mar 2013 4:42PM
Thumbs Up

weiry said...

yes it was tops mate

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
13 Mar 2013 5:37PM
Thumbs Up

chrispychru said...
weiry said...

yes it was tops mate

no not taking the piss chrispy
storm down in Melbourne + storm always start the year well
big ask mate

SP
10979 posts
13 Mar 2013 6:28PM
Thumbs Up

thePup said...
Ted the Kiwi said...

SP will be spewing razor blades old Bennett eh !!!

Half expected it mate, knights are always fired up for the first home game, glad I'd didnt go. But appears to be a long year ahead for the Tiges

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
14 Mar 2013 7:45PM
Thumbs Up

Parra vs the Doggies this evening chaps....I like the idea of Thurs night games but would be happy to drop the Monday ones.....a 3 day break between rounds seems just a little short for my liking

thePup
13831 posts
14 Mar 2013 4:55PM
Thumbs Up

Parra 18-10

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
15 Mar 2013 9:45PM
Thumbs Up

Dragons looking good Chrispy.....how you feeling about your horses Mac?

Weymans try was awesome - I love it when the big boys run over the small ones

vanders1
QLD, 3809 posts
15 Mar 2013 8:46PM
Thumbs Up

What was Hodges binned for?

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
15 Mar 2013 9:47PM
Thumbs Up

I missed it as well......we should fine out at half time I am a hoping

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
15 Mar 2013 6:56PM
Thumbs Up

Ted the Kiwi said...
Dragons looking good Chrispy.....how you feeling about your horses Mac?

Weymans try was awesome - I love it when the big boys run over the small ones

Mate the red V are sh1t,had all the ball and its 6 each,BS call on the bin but hey I love my team

Chrispy your team is sh1t

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
15 Mar 2013 9:58PM
Thumbs Up

vanders1 said...
What was Hodges binned for?

holding on on that try saving tackle

vanders1
QLD, 3809 posts
15 Mar 2013 8:59PM
Thumbs Up

edit *** Beat me Ted

Hodges laying on the player too long in the tackle, professional foul.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
15 Mar 2013 10:12PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Mac why are your players tackling themselves?

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
15 Mar 2013 7:13PM
Thumbs Up

Ted the Kiwi said...

because the dargons cant

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
15 Mar 2013 10:24PM
Thumbs Up

62mac said...
Ted the Kiwi said...

because the dargons cant

Good because I just backed your men at $1.40 with 23 mins to play

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
15 Mar 2013 7:28PM
Thumbs Up

Showing some heart tonight unlike last week.

Come on Chrispy we are two players short,what's the go with the V

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
15 Mar 2013 7:31PM
Thumbs Up

The V for the spoon

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"NRL season 2013" started by 62mac