Forums > Surfing Longboarding

The Good Morning thread

Created by towball > 9 months ago, 20 Jun 2012
Al G
NSW, 7660 posts
22 Nov 2014 2:03PM
Thumbs Up

Ah ok Boofy,you didn't know Ian "ROON" Rooney from Coffs did ya?..

boofy
NSW, 2110 posts
22 Nov 2014 2:13PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
68surfwagon said..
Ah ok Boofy,you didn't know Ian "ROON" Rooney from Coffs did ya?..

No mate

Al G
NSW, 7660 posts
22 Nov 2014 2:37PM
Thumbs Up

Ah the only reason I asked boofy was you had some likeness's of a bloke I met through my mate Roon when I was at Gallows at Coffs a few years ago.He was a Registered Nurse who worked in Palliative care,rode a longboard ,did scuba diving & resembled that pic on your avatar,what's the chances of that?..haha.He came from Woolgoolga.

boofy
NSW, 2110 posts
22 Nov 2014 3:02PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
68surfwagon said..
Ah the only reason I asked boofy was you had some likeness's of a bloke I met through my mate Roon when I was at Gallows at Coffs a few years ago.He was a Registered Nurse who worked in Palliative care,rode a longboard ,did scuba diving & resembled that pic on your avatar,what's the chances of that?..haha.He came from Woolgoolga.

Ha Ha mate thats a bit spooky I might run into him one day we often gomto woolgoolga and corrindi camping

vanders1
QLD, 3809 posts
22 Nov 2014 2:49PM
Thumbs Up

Boof, great read mate!

We certainly knew we were alive the other morning going through that first wave, how bloody cold was it!!!

Al G
NSW, 7660 posts
22 Nov 2014 5:26PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
boofy said..

68surfwagon said..

Ha Ha mate thats a bit spooky I might run into him one day we often gomto woolgoolga and corrindi camping

Yeah isn't it,I think he might be a bit older than you,got a few tatts up his arms,I know he used to live at Mullaway for a while because a bloke I grew up with lived there for many years,I used to surf around there many years ago,yep I've been to Corindi pub for a new years eve ,haha!...

boofy
NSW, 2110 posts
23 Nov 2014 8:40AM
Thumbs Up

Morning lads filthy northerlies continue here the house is full of the smell of fresh ground coffee, bacon,eggs,baked beans a lazy Sunday

Macaha
QLD, 21899 posts
23 Nov 2014 8:05AM
Thumbs Up

Good morning we have just arrived home

E T
QLD, 2286 posts
23 Nov 2014 8:12AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
boofy said..
Morning lads filthy northerlies continue here the house is full of the smell of fresh ground coffee, bacon,eggs,baked beans a lazy Sunday

Same deal Boofster. Breakfast sounds good.

ET.

boofy
NSW, 2110 posts
23 Nov 2014 9:12AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

Welcome back Mac Lacey has been running amuck while you have been gone he needs to be put back in his place as plankton in the food chain

Macaha
QLD, 21899 posts
23 Nov 2014 8:17AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
boofy said..

Macaha said..

Welcome back Mac Lacey has been running amuck while you have been gone he needs to be put back in his place as plankton in the food chain

Thanks boofy I've enjoyed your input whilest away,Lacey have been quiet

E T
QLD, 2286 posts
23 Nov 2014 8:28AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

boofy said..

Macaha said..

Check the 666 page Mac , old Lace has been touting his new products.

ET.

boofy
NSW, 2110 posts
23 Nov 2014 9:29AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

boofy said..

Macaha said..

Very Quiet and dont know whats happened to Pup

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
23 Nov 2014 6:52AM
Thumbs Up

Some really fun waves this morning. Taking the longboard was the smart move. It was like steady lollies from a baby. Not much off a crowd either

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
23 Nov 2014 6:54AM
Thumbs Up

Al G
NSW, 7660 posts
23 Nov 2014 10:52AM
Thumbs Up

Ah that brings back memories those pics Chrispy,had a few surfs there a lot of years ago,had a few good lefts off the side of the wall there!...

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
23 Nov 2014 11:09AM
Thumbs Up

why would ya bother? I would just turn for home and go do something else instead. I hate summer. Bring back the cold rainy dark mornings of July / August and good chunks of ocean rolling in and no body around. Now that is a Joy. I then just kinda miss the warm weather, sunshine, bikinis etc Just can not win !

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
23 Nov 2014 6:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said...
why would ya bother? I would just turn for home and go do something else instead. I hate summer. Bring back the cold rainy dark mornings of July / August and good chunks of ocean rolling in and no body around. Now that is a Joy. I then just kinda miss the warm weather, sunshine, bikinis etc Just can not win !

Well ted that is a hard one. The spit has been crowded beyond stupid since most banks have been destroyed, there are few survivors but only at certain times.

My plan was get there at sun up.with the crowd killer.....and it worked, I was hated and got plenty amongst the hpsb learner crew...the shredders always get their share.....

Alas, it did get to the stage when I almost killed a few that I must go home...well more so.when I got a set,a knob paddled for the shoulder then abandoned ship.in the green stuff. He was lucky I was on a longboard as the first half glided.over him. He was lucky.

I then went home before.....well before I completely lost my mind.

Great morning nonetheless

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
23 Nov 2014 9:18PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

I then went home before.....well before I completely lost my mind.

Great morning nonetheless

Same - I exited the water by 7am - had caught a few by then though with hardly a sole around

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
23 Nov 2014 8:34PM
Thumbs Up

its a good spot, but from where I live its a #### pick of a drive for a 50/50 call on how good/crowd factor.

good luck to ya chrispy

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
23 Nov 2014 6:53PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said...
its a good spot, but from where I live its a #### pick of a drive for a 50/50 call on how good/crowd factor.

good luck to ya chrispy

Tzt me

Your on the money though lacey....here is one to.stir the don't.tell it's a secret.... The banks.are better than...I.can't do it but you will know.
On the.crowd,its.****ed. I was about to give a big run down.. But it will.still.end.up that it's ****ed....just having my third beer,so.a.rant may come.yet,but it will.still.end with its ****ed

thePup
13831 posts
29 Nov 2014 10:36AM
Thumbs Up

Good morning champions ...... get a large ripe Mango up youse

thePup
13831 posts
1 Dec 2014 8:58AM
Thumbs Up

Good Morning to the droolers , the foolers & the legendary old schoolers a pinch wee a punch for the first of the month & a large ripe Innisfail 108% organic Surf-Mango up yaaaaaaaa

thePup
13831 posts
2 Dec 2014 9:57AM
Thumbs Up

Hey Prez ..... good morning champ keep ya mitts off them Lumper chickies & concentrate on the Consignment list ...... well at least concentrate on the next smoking hot board you've been sussing hey >>>>>>>>>>> get this up ya OLD COCK .........

Macaha
QLD, 21899 posts
2 Dec 2014 12:05PM
Thumbs Up

Pup you'll be happy to know the farmer is doing very well.

Cobra
9106 posts
11 Dec 2014 8:00AM
Thumbs Up

Stinking hot here. 26was the min last night decking to be done now, already looking for beer o'clock and a swim no surf here

Macaha
QLD, 21899 posts
12 Dec 2014 5:56AM
Thumbs Up

Good morning and FGIF

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
12 Dec 2014 4:09AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
Good morning and FGIF

Morning all.....looks like quick wave at lm on big yellow, then a board change might be required.

Then off to the shaping bay

Macaha
QLD, 21899 posts
12 Dec 2014 6:19AM
Thumbs Up

Smoother than babies skin atm,enjoy could be the claim before the storm the weekend looks like a perfect one for Lacey,Vanders and Chrispy to surf their shortboards
Hope its not one of those sweepy swells and the zoo is bound to show up

thePup
13831 posts
12 Dec 2014 5:00AM
Thumbs Up

Have a good one amigos

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"The Good Morning thread" started by towball