Forums > Surfing Longboarding

Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
CrossStep
SA, 210 posts
17 May 2015 11:28PM
Thumbs Up

Me alone in 1 ft dribble that was forecasted to be offshore But at least my toes are getting closer to the end of the nose

MickPC
8266 posts
19 May 2015 1:45PM
Thumbs Up

Couple of fun ones today, heaps smaller than expected though.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
19 May 2015 5:40PM
Thumbs Up

Perfect little knee to waist high runners today. Heaps of fun

CrossStep
SA, 210 posts
20 May 2015 12:40AM
Thumbs Up

Intended to surf a little right hand point break but the secondary swell was wrapping around and closing out on the reef. Instead surfed waist high offshore but messy a bit further along. Still, not a waste as Im getting closer to the end of the nose. Reckon one good stretch and 5 toes will be hanging over the edge .

thePup
13831 posts
20 May 2015 2:58AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..

yeah got a few next door to there , pretty much all to myself too but all that says is how small it was better than nothing though

MickPC
8266 posts
20 May 2015 8:41AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..
MickPC said..

yeah got a few next door to there , pretty much all to myself too but all that says is how small it was better than nothing though

One of those hell gay swells that vanish as soon as the gales finish. Probably coz most of them were Northerly I guess.

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
20 May 2015 11:16AM
Thumbs Up

wavelength said..
Wave of the week on Coastalwatch is worth a look... Michael Chapple charging on a little foam board...

http://www.coastalwatch.com/videos/14334/video-watch-this-legend-weave-a-6-foot-pit-on-a-4-6-fluoro-pink-foamie

Hahahaha that was gold....reminds me of my Uncle who was a very very sharp surfer back in the day..when he was pushing 50 he decided to start surfing again and started riding those blue cloth covered foamies with the plastic fin....he used to smoke us in good waves up to double overhead on those things great noserider and in amazing in the barrel...I'm talking heavy offshore reefs here not kiddie beach breaks...only problem was he would have to take 5 of them for a one week trip as every time one got hit by a lip or he pulled out over the back of the wave and got a bit of air underneath they would snap

Cobra
9106 posts
20 May 2015 10:02AM
Thumbs Up

nice little wave down at the local today,sadly still not aloud in the water ATM

Twimby
WA, 482 posts
20 May 2015 10:07AM
Thumbs Up

More Maui pics as requested

The famous Honolua Bay in off season snorkel mode

Surf was fun, nothing epic, these two shots were standard. I did not go as a specific surf trip, but got in the water twice a day

Locals were really friendly, if you went out smiling and gave a good morning. I wasn't going to tell him to wear a Leggie

This was a really famous Brand like a Brewer, but can't remember sorry

About on third of the Hi-Tech surf shop

This guy ripped, said he has competed at Noosa

Cobra
9106 posts
20 May 2015 10:15AM
Thumbs Up

thanks for the pics looks like a nice place,,some cool toys in that shop

Twimby
WA, 482 posts
20 May 2015 10:21AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote

Cobra said..

thanks for the pics looks like a nice place,,some cool toys in that shop

Here is another, but was a bit blurry. This is the place to hire gear, they have the latest stuff, not old clunkers

wavelength
1195 posts
20 May 2015 2:49PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^ Great pics Twimby. Those look like great fun holiday waves. Can't match a post like that... but anyway, this was my local today, small and fun.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
20 May 2015 5:27PM
Thumbs Up

Today was just like yesterday . Waist hight peaks and clean and the sun was out.

Macaha
QLD, 21885 posts
20 May 2015 5:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..
Today was just like yesterday . Waist hight peaks and clean and the sun was out.

stoked for you smh

MickPC
8266 posts
20 May 2015 5:43PM
Thumbs Up

Nice pics above, last page included...surf was surprisingly good today. I've had the wrong board the last 2 days. Should have been on the log yesterday & SB today. Usually take both down, but I've been so sure on what to expect & been totally wrong both times lol

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
21 May 2015 10:09AM
Thumbs Up

Just seen some beautiful sliders come through at the Ocean Baths in Newcastle. Perfect for the longboard - couple blokes making pigs of themselves SP - I think you have a headache coming on

MickPC
8266 posts
21 May 2015 9:08AM
Thumbs Up

Bit of a small left peeler with a stiff offshore this morning with no one out. But the idea of putting up a couple of extra surboard racks in the garage & some shelving in the shed excites me more today. There was about 15 groms frothing along the beach footpath headed for a big hill to ride down as I was leaving which made me smile

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
21 May 2015 11:26AM
Thumbs Up

Sometimes you forget how nice this town is on days like today

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
21 May 2015 12:02PM
Thumbs Up

Tiny here today and its southwest which puts my local out of the picture. Time to dust off the blackfish gear and hopefully get a feed. Nice pics Ted. Not a lot of sand on the beach.

MickPC
8266 posts
21 May 2015 5:05PM
Thumbs Up

Stoked, now I can just flip my LB's straight onto the roof of the car without having to try & navigate them out of the corner
& knocking them on walls/ceiling/other boards

SP
10979 posts
21 May 2015 5:09PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said...
Sometimes you forget how nice this town is on days like today

How's the lack of sand on the beach.

If you ever need a board just let me know.

SP
10979 posts
21 May 2015 5:35PM
Thumbs Up

Same bit of beach on last months storm

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
21 May 2015 7:58PM
Thumbs Up

out testing a 666 this afternoon and im booking myself for some morning action

McHenry
SA, 1739 posts
21 May 2015 8:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said...
Stoked, now I can just flip my LB's straight onto the roof of the car without having to try & navigate them out of the corner

Love the yellow whalebone, what size is it??

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
22 May 2015 9:20AM
Thumbs Up

It's pretty much shut down today. Howling southerlies. Should be some swell for the next few days though.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
22 May 2015 9:34AM
Thumbs Up

not really on yet.

bloody early birds got it wrong again- bloody chrispy

MickPC
8266 posts
22 May 2015 9:02AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
McHenry said..
MickPC said...

Love the yellow whalebone, what size is it??

Its a good board, just got a couple of big fin slices in it at the moment. I'm making sure its totally dryed out before I fix it, should be good to go by spring. Its 9'3

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
22 May 2015 2:34PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said...
It's pretty much shut down today. Howling southerlies. Should be some swell for the next few days though.

I hear ha. Sydney is wet, wild, windy n bloody cold. Reminds me of Wellington on a good day ??Can not wait to get on that plane tom morning back home. Yesterday was a lovely day - only time I have felt warm in 12 days

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
22 May 2015 2:37PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said...

How's the lack of sand on the beach.

If you ever need a board just let me know.

Thanks SP for kind offer. Was just a very quick visit for a meeting. Nice day to have a look at the place again. Nice to see the walk way on raises platforms linking downtown to Bar Beach is now finished. Looks epic.

thePup
13831 posts
22 May 2015 2:19PM
Thumbs Up

Absolutely nowhere ....... but my magnificent Crystal Mango ball tells me there's some goodness on it's way very soon

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo